Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria (83042 Views)

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by debbydominic(f): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
Donbrig:
That's why most Igbo women are still unmarried, they are all tied down with tradition. We dont have to empty our bank account because of marriage. We would still need money to live a happy life after marriage. No wonder Igbo men are trooping to other regions in the country to get a wife at a discount rate.
What is the statistics of the igbo women that are not married and where do you get these ideas your spewing from?

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
veekid:
ahdonbilivit, where d Yoruba Yoruba pple dem?
yoruba ke...jus buy amala,u don get wife be dat

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Eluwilussit(m): 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Before we start shouting Igbo this and Igbo that, has anyone ever seen these exhaustive lists? If it is that exorbitant, how do the poor igbo men get married?

I think people should appreciate other people's culture instead of crriticizing it. Some people get flogged over a hundred strokes of the cane, just to prove that the groom is man enough.

If you love your woman, you will go to any length to get her. Nothing is handed out freely in life. We pay with our blood to go to school and to be successful, but we want to pick our life partners on the street. Women have worth. They are very worthy of anything we pay or do, to get them.

I know some people are greedy. That's life. But to say that your wife doesn't cost you much, you really need to check what you are getting.

My friend got married to a Yoruba girl last xmas. He wanted a simple and quiet ceremony but his in-laws insisted that it must be loud, as this is their first daughter. The good news is that the in-laws are loaded. So 75% of the cost was borne by them. Great.

Human beings like good things. Good things cost money. They don't come cheap. If you want a free wife, go for it. Wives get levels. Mine cost me cash and I didn't even blink. Honestly, I bought twice whatever they asked for. That's how much I love my wife and appreciate the great job her parents did.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by loyce2015(f): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
well am from Mbaise, well some of wat u wrote are correct but in a case where the man is not so well to do(rich) the brides pple can still do something about the list oo
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by romeoetin(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
apc are party of thugs,jihadist,mafia and rejected pdp
cabals,frm d onset i knew apc are desperate 4 power
if u guys are nt mindfull of this party nigeria go enter
one chance,bcus they knew they are bond to failure i
said it dt they is no smoke wtout fire apc are up to
smtn,hmm our vote is 4 gej,formally i hate pdp wt my
last breath bt d party has manage to flush sm bad
eggs out to apc dt bring me into dt party ,gej is still d
most credible man 4 dt post.
wetin concern this one concern topic na?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ibrokola(m): 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
Correct about ngwa i went with my friend to collect list last saturday and the list was six typed pages excluding the money and drinks we spent to collect the list,the guy is from enugu state he was fuming that the money spent in collecting the list is enough to marry frow his town

How much does everything on the list cost? Rough estimate

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
SwagForce1:
And yet I have seen Palm Wine Tappers, Okada Riders, Brick Layers, Mechanics, Shoe Makers and Hawkers got married from all these cultural groups.
It's pure hypocrisy. The 6-page lists are usually handed to suitors who have 'office jobs' or run a business.
There is no way in hell that an okada rider would spend upwards of N100,000 on traditional marriage rites.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Tarteenah: 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
faqman:

chai...
marrying ndigbo is too expensive...

Smh! Igbo wedding is cheap! Op, get ur facts, ask about the kALaBariS, OPOBO /BONNY etc

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
fydence:
something wey u pay this kind amount for abeg wetin u go call am?
pricey.... undecided
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by biggmusty(m): 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
hmmm.....since my dad is ibo....which means no nigeria man will marry me,? cry hmmmm...maybe i will marry a whiteman
but thank God am not from the list mentioned grin

Au much ur bride price? Am very interested
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
Lol, people don deh fear. But the truth is that, when you get there, and get friendly with the family, it won't be as expensive as it seems. grin
But Mbaise own worst o sad
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
The unthinkable case scenario is ;after such pricey marriage,the lady seeks for divorce not less than a year ..........refund right
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
Tarteenah:

Smh! Igbo wedding is cheap! Op, get ur facts, ask about the kALaBariS, OPOBO /BONNY etc

im talking about the majority...
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by romeoetin(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
The whole of south-east is expensive. Na wa oo. Ibo girls be like grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Fantacy1(m): 6:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
Dis list is a mere fabrication of lies. I'll help d forumn by digging into dis clans, gather dia marital rites list n post 2 d forumn 4 clarity. D Mbaise pple 4 example collect:
1) #20 as bride price,
2) yan ranging 4rm 10-40 tubers depending of d village,
3) 4-10cartons of beer, n 2-4cartons of malt
4) 1 or 2 stanless basin,
5) 2 piece of Wrapper (preferably Honlandis) 4 d woman n a piece of George wrapper 4 d man
etc. I bet wit a #120,000 u ar dia. Am talking 4rm experience dou stands 2 be corrected cux it varies depending on village.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ibrokola(m): 6:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
SwagForce1:
And yet I have seen Palm Wine Tappers, Okada Riders, Brick Layers, Mechanics, Shoe Makers and Hawkers got married from all these cultural groups.

U know that okada riders and mechanics standard of marrying is to get the gal pregnant first!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by loyce2015(f): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
How much does everything on the list cost? Rough
estimate

you wan marry from Igbo land?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Mintayo(m): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
Someone jokingly said to me when i was serving in enugu. "the money you will spend on marrying an igbo girl, abeg go use am buy land and build a house in your hometown, lol."
Even ibos are afraid of marrying ibos.
how will i pay 2million naira for bride price? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by femi4: 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean
Good things are invaluable. That's the reason we always return the bride price

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Cheeun(f): 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
Don't mind them. grin
natureblack:
Seconded wink
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2015
natureblack:
you mean its now the suitor's responsibility to refund his purported father-inlaw the money spent for giving his daughter a NECESSARY quality education..... Wahala dey

Some posts here are truly sickening. Well, it's all based on Nigerian cultural practices, so I don't really blame them for thinking along those lines.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by pinkycute(f): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
Chaii....
Am from Mbaise ( Ezinihitte ) and am actually thinking now undecided I hope my future hobby will understand shaa...

grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Kingslaw(m): 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2015
cheruv:

קלאגבארי
wats dat? Ikwerre marriage.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by maskid(m): 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Igbos are expensive folks, The brides are worth it.
But please If you're an Mbaise lady reading this, Don't bask in the euphoria of your "expensiveness",Thereby rejecting all the "not-so-rich" hard working suitors that comes your way, you may get to 40 years and still not married.

Yeah. Like my mbaise sisters. genevive and RIta DOminic angry angry

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by miqos02(m): 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
thats why divorce rate is low among igbo couples

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by steppin: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
hmmm.....since my dad is ibo....which means no nigeria man will marry me,? cry hmmmm...maybe i will marry a whiteman
but thank God am not from the list mentioned grin
Your Dad is "ibo" and you are an Hausa abi?
All these "my mama say I be igbo girls" sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ireneony(f): 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
steppin:

Your Dad is "ibo" and you are an Hausa abi?
All these "my mama say I be igbo girls" sef.
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by bola4dprec(m): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
SwagForce1:
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by debbydominic(f): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
Eluwilussit:
Before we start shouting Igbo this and Igbo that, has anyone ever seen these exhaustive lists? If it is that exorbitant, how do the poor igbo men get married?

I think people should appreciate other people's culture instead of crriticizing it. Some people get flogged over a hundred strokes of the cane, just to prove that the groom is man enough.

If you love your woman, you will go to any length to get her. Nothing is handed out freely in life. We pay with our blood to go to school and to be successful, but we want to pick our life partners on the street. Women have worth. They are very worthy of anything we pay or do, to get them.

I know some people are greedy. That's life. But to say that your wife doesn't cost you much, you really need to check what you are getting.

My friend got married to a Yoruba girl last xmas. He wanted a simple and quiet ceremony but his in-laws insisted that it must be loud, as this is their first daughter. The good news is that the in-laws are loaded. So 75% of the cost was borne by them. Great.

Human beings like good things. Good things cost money. They don't come cheap. If you want a free wife, go for it. Wives get levels. Mine cost me cash and I didn't even blink. Honestly, I bought twice whatever they asked for. That's how much I love my wife and appreciate the great job her parents did.
word!
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Orosotare(m): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
No evidence
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ICHINONYE(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
The Nkpa People of Abia State
The Nkpa people of Abia state are found in Bende local government of Abia state. Marrying an Nkpa lady is truly expensive especially if you are not from Nkpa. The list for the traditional marriage rite is designed in such a way that it is cheaper for and Nkpa man that is getting married to an Nkpa lady; but if a man who is not from Nkpa is seeking for the hands of an Nkpa lady, he must be ready to organize a marriage ceremony that accommodates the entire community, and also must buy gifts not only for the parents of the bride, but also for all the kinsmen (Umu nna) and their daughters (Umu Ada). The truth is that by the time the groom is done fulfilling the list, he would have spent well over seven hundred thousand naira.

Representing the Nkpa here ,i don't tink our lady's re so xpensive to marry, its just d normal hear say hear say talk .........Ndi NKPA a na ma kele unu ooo grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos / The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures / Ooni Ogunwusi Customizes His Rolls Royce Ahead Of Coronation (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.