Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home (15420 Views)

US Forces Locate Chibok Girls-New York Times / It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / ISIS: US Forces Kill Senior IS Leader Abu Sayyaf, Capture His Wife Umm Sayyaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by bawomolo(m): 12:05am On Dec 18, 2008
deepzone, where did all these nationalism come from
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 12:46am On Dec 18, 2008
deepzone, where did all these nationalism come from

I've always been one. Ask around.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Muza(m): 1:13am On Dec 18, 2008
earthmama is definately redhotuglychick grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Charlesmud(m): 5:50am On Dec 18, 2008
Nigerians, keep same attitude and don't even think of making a change, Instead rely on those who made there country good for their children.(if they didn't fight for it, how will it be better today).

Anyway its normal to go abroad to work if the payment is better, But not going back home ? Thats bulshit and I don't know why people will wanna spend their life-time abroad instead of making a positive difference to their country since they have the chance. (why do we blame our leaders for selfishness since someone us are selfish also).

I see most people rushing down here (Europe) and mostly Americans, well visa will be more hell to get this days mostly from Africa, I see eathmama atleast she is willing to go back to Nigeria to make her own positive contribution, This is all what we should all try to do so we can help and assist those that don't have the chance or opportunity of better life and it will also improve the economy in Nigeria.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by SisiJinx: 5:54am On Dec 18, 2008
500,000? 100,000?

Rotflmao! Love how they are spouting out numbers like they know anything about anything. Yeah, We'll just ignore the fact that the Embassy in Atlanta has no freaking idea what the one in DC is doing, has done or will be doing and vice versa. And the one in New York well you can just forgedaboudit, I doubt they have anyone at that office. . . if they have one. All you get is the the voicemail. . . the already full voicemail.

So how exactly they come up with these numbers when they don't even have time to meet with the Nigerians in America is totally beyond me. On second thoughts, they could have used the latest Juju in the market - The Counting the Number of people going to Nigeria Juju. I hear it is pretty accurate give or take 100,000. lipsrsealed
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Jakumo(m): 6:38am On Dec 18, 2008
While some of the Nigerians resident in the United States do visit Nigeria now and then to touch base with their ancestral homes, any romantic notions of  remaining in Nigeria are promptly quelled by any of the following occurrences.

1.  Attack by armed robbers on the way from Lagos airport and before the travellers reach their destination.

2.  Three hour delay by policemen on the way from Lagos airport, during which all baggage is taken apart and searched for cash and valuables, which are likely to be confiscated by the long arm of the law in exchange for free passage into the hands of the next gang of policemen.

3.  Arriving into a dwelling that has not been supplied with grid electricity for several years, and where the newly refurbished Aba-made Indian generator breaks down in perfect timing with the arrival of the homecoming guest.

4.  Attack by armed robbers at the residence of the new arrival, followed by a leisurely rape and robbery of all victims found therein, even as the escapees try to summon the police by phone, only to find that the phone is dead, or that even when it works, to be informed by the police that there is either no fuel for the only working patrol vehicle, or that the officer holding the armory keys has returned to his hometown for the New Yam Festival.

5. Surviving or evading the police and armed robber welcoming committee, only to be confronted daily by scores of people sitting patiently outside the new arrival's house, and all claiming to be relatives of the newly arrived "Dollar Man", and all with well rehearsed sob stories of woes that can only be cured with a wad of hard currency.

6. Getting stopped for three hours on what should be a fifteen-minute car ride, because the road is filled with craters big enough to conceal a battle tank, and during that gridlock, to be robbed at knife or gunpoint by roving robbery gangs who specialize in fleecing the occupants of trapped cars.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Dios(f): 7:28am On Dec 18, 2008
Jakumo:

While some of the Nigerians resident in the United States do visit Nigeria now and then to touch base with their ancestral homes, any romantic notions of remaining in Nigeria are promptly quelled by any of the following occurrences.

1. Attack by armed robbers on the way from Lagos airport and before the travellers reach their destination.

2. Three hour delay by policemen on the way from Lagos airport, during which all baggage is taken apart and searched for cash and valuables, which are likely to be confiscated by the long arm of the law in exchange for free passage into the hands of the next gang of policemen.

3. Arriving into a dwelling that has not been supplied with grid electricity for several years, and where the newly refurbished Aba-made Indian generator breaks down in perfect timing with the arrival of the homecoming guest.

4. Attack by armed robbers at the residence of the new arrival, followed by a leisurely rape and robbery of all victims found therein, even as the escapees try to summon the police by phone, only to find that the phone is dead, or that even when it works, to be informed by the police that there is either no fuel for the only working patrol vehicle, or that the officer holding the armory keys has returned to his hometown for the New Yam Festival.

5. Surviving or evading the police and armed robber welcoming committee, only to be confronted daily by scores of people sitting patiently outside the new arrival's house, and all claiming to be relatives of the newly arrived "Dollar Man", and all with well rehearsed sob stories of woes that can only be cured with a wad of hard currency.

6. Getting stopped for three hours on what should be a fifteen-minute car ride, because the road is filled with craters big enough to conceal a battle tank, and during that gridlock, to be robbed at knife or gunpoint by roving robbery gangs who specialize in fleecing the occupants of trapped cars.

That's sad, it can't be that bad. I plan on visiting but I just can't get excited about it. Back home I can be anywhere at anytime of the night or day and not worry about nothing but getting a speeding ticket for driving like a nascar driver grin. "2nd class citizens" lol, those must be illegal immigrants.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Jakumo(m): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2008
Dios keep your itinerary secret, your dress casual, your accent local, and the world will turn.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Dios(f): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2008
Jakumo:

Dios keep your itinerary secret, your dress casual, your accent local, and the world will turn.

Thanks for the advice. But if you are going somewhere that you haven't been in almost 10 years, you would love to see the people you used to be around. I just want to have a good time and chill with friends and fam without having to watch what I say or do at all times.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Moves: 11:29am On Dec 18, 2008
earTHMama:

You are right because most Nigerian residents think their people that live out here do only blue collar jobs. What do you mean by 3rd, 4th class Nigerian citizens in Nigeria?
I Agree; the lady that was brutalised by the Naval ratings; whose father is high up; guess thats 1st class citizenry treatment.
Although; Regardless Home is still Home; home also is where u make it.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Charlesmud(m): 11:52am On Dec 18, 2008
Moves:

I Agree; the lady that was brutalised by the Naval ratings; whose father is high up; guess thats 1st class citizenry treatment.
Although; Regardless Home is still Home; home also is where u make it.

Home is where you will make it remember God told Moses to take the Israelites away from there land to a new promise land, so sometimes we have to go somewhere else to make it. (maybe to make it faster).

If Nigeria is so great as some people are saying, then why complaining and keep saying Ribadu this and Yar'dua that. Lets just admit that Nigeria needs to be better cus its not in a good state at the moment, simple.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by gamerod: 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2008
as if there is no brutality in those countries where you all run to.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by smooooooth: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2008
how long will they keep running from hardship

they need to stay in a place and face the challenges

till they overcome. running around will only keep a man

on a spot. thats why they ran away from 9ja in the first

place.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Charlesmud(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2008
smooooooth:

on a spot. thats why they ran away from Nigeria in the first place.

Brother, If you meant solving Nigeria's problem then you should know even those abroad are making more effort than Nigerians staying in Nigeria. I have made several comments and and introduced things in this forum but most have negative response, See you might not know for sure but seriously one just have to have something better and Nigeria as nothing to offer for its citizens , lets all be clear in this

If you get a job means others will get ?, if you have a degree means others will have the opportunity to school ? , Nigeria is bleeped and we all see it, should people wait there and keep hoping ? most Nigerians there prefare yahoo yahoo cus it seems the best business to survive. having a better life in Nigeria is luck and only few have it, no chance of better luck and no hope in having one. Give me 2 opportunities Nigeria government have to offer its citizens,

game_rod:

as if there is no brutality in those countries where you all run to.

Sure its very hard here, But get the clue, while its hard, you are making things gradually. Its just hard in making them but surely you will be having what you want, no doubt.

Give me 2 things Nigeria government offers its citizens for a better life, ?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2008

on a spot. thats why they ran away from Nigeria in the first

place.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by MrCrackles(m): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2008
smooooooth:

on a spot. thats why they ran away from Nigeria in the first

place.

For as long as the legs are "run-able" i guess! grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Charlesmud(m): 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2008
MrCrackles:

For as long as the legs are "run-able" i guess! grin

Yes ooo, till Nigerians living in Nigeria stops complaining
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2008
Yes ooo, till Nigerians living in Nigeria stops complaining
No, Americans in America complain too. I think it's until we don't have any other place to run to. Imagine some hinting they will run to Ghana.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Muza(m): 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2008
earTHMama:

No, Americans in America complain too. I think it's until we don't have any other place to run to. Imagine some hinting they will run to Ghana.

why would they complain when they hav,
good roads,good healthcare,police,light, and good . . .etc
Why should they complain?

but we Nigerians have every right to complain,and we will continue.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2008
Why would a solution, based on quelling complaints simply by shutting the people up, work? For those who believe 500,000 Nigerians are actually moving back to Nigeria for good, wait just a month or two, and you go hear real complaining. lol!!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Charlesmud(m): 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2008
Na dem sabi, Europe is cool here.

Too much of tanks and space machines are part of there shortage of money.

Anyway, I dont see how Nigeria will be better even if US is declared state of emergency, It will still be far better than Nigeria in most cases of having basic living amenities.

Its all rumor Nigerians are coming back to Nigeria, to Nigeria maybe it was India or Ghana they wanted to mention instead of Nigeria, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Moves: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Why would a solution based on quelling complaints simply by shutting the people up work? For those who believe 500,000 Nigerians are actually moving back to Nigeria for good, wait just a month or two, and you go hear real complaining. lol!!
Yeap--Cost of Living will definately become more expensive; Crime will Increase; Nigerians living in nigeria will start complaining of their jobs been taken by returnees who have learnt the value of hardwork and better qualified & equipment , omo there will be real complaining
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2008
Moves:

Yeap--Cost of Living will definately become more expensive; Crime will Increase; Nigerians living in nigeria will start complaining of their jobs been taken by returnees who have learnt the value of hardwork and better qualified & equipment , omo there will be real complaining

abi ooo!!! roflmao!!!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2008
Anyway, I don't see how Nigeria will be better even if US is declared state of emergency, It will still be far better than Nigeria in most cases of having basic living amenities.
shocked shocked grin grin gO HOME!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Charlesmud(m): 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2008
earTHMama:

shocked shocked grin grin gO HOME!

Se I lie ?, which home you meant cus am at home now (Europe), just have some of my family in the other apartment (Nigeria)
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by gamerod: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2008
They are so lazy, they want to live in comfort, no wonder most of them find themselves in jail trying to make it big overseas.

Diasporians.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2008
[b]They are so lazy, they want to live in comfor[/b]t, no wonder most of them find themselves in jail trying to make it big overseas.

Diasporians.

Do you have comfort waiting for them at home? undecided
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Charlesmud(m): 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2008
earTHMama:

Do you have comfort waiting for them at home? undecided

Oyamilenu o
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by dreeldee: 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2008
lol this thread is so funny cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by AloyEmeka9: 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2008
This one na real propaganda. Na christmas dem dey come. We have mass return in my village this christmas and they will still travel back come january 2nd.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Ilelobola: 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ game_rod
Did you not say you moved back to Nigeria from London yourself after 6 years in the UK? What's with the red paint for returnees? Are they not Nigerians? They went abroad to work and they must return home. Nothing new in that, our forefathers before us did similar, they'd go to the bigger villages/towns to work and return home.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Charlesmud(m): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2008
Ilelobola:

@ game_rod
Did you not say you moved back to Nigeria from London yourself after 6 years in the UK? What's with the red paint for returnees? Are they not Nigerians? They went abroad to work and they must return home. Nothing new in that, our forefathers before us did similar, they'd go to the bigger villages/towns to work and return home.

You said the main point, after some time of working and have become successful abroad then its necessary for one comes back home to invest or so to settle down, Simple !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cleric Predicts Long Life For Buhari / APC Chieftains, Stakeholders Set To Welcome Umahi / Democracy Day: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.