Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,048 members, 7,953,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:41 AM

Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home (15631 Views)

US Forces Locate Chibok Girls-New York Times / It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / ISIS: US Forces Kill Senior IS Leader Abu Sayyaf, Capture His Wife Umm Sayyaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Jakumo(m): 5:37am On Dec 21, 2008
Tha_dude:

. No system, no infastructure, no security, no light , no justice everything is zig zag. They take 1 step forward and 7steps backwards. It is only in Naija i see that the past is always better than the future, that is why most nigerians are affraid to confront their future.

Now let us see which PATRIOT is going to leap up and start shouting that the above quotation contains falsehood.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by diasporian: 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2008
ask yourself properly and you will find out that you left Nigeria, not because of those things, but because of a search for the goldeen fleece which is no where to be found anymore worldwide. We tell you, the proverbial golden fleece can be found right here in Nigeria, light, water, insfrastructure or whatever not withstanding, we are only asking you to come and see, open your eyes, we dont force you to come back baby boy.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by morewealth(m): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2008
Well, let them come back home if they feel its good for them. But they should remember that the situation here is not better than what we have in USA. When they finish the dollars when he remain for their pocket no be person go tell them make them run go back. Because even in Nigeria there is no job for them.
Wen men don old for Nigeria no job them feel say na them he go good for!!!!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by anonimi: 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2008
Reply on a similar thread here
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2008
@Diasporan, that is ridiculous. If all you went searching for is golden fleece, please do not assume all those outside did same. There theory of yours is ludicrous!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by davidylan1: 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

@Diasporan, that is ridiculous. If all you went searching for is golden fleece, please do not assume all those outside did same. There theory of yours is ludicrous!

@Kobo,

Seems you didnt read him well, or you are hard at understanding him?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by kayc33(m): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2008
agaracha must com back.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2008
I repeat

Kobojunkie:

Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by SweetT1: 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2008
@Topic

Why would anybody even listen to what Nigerian embassy says? This is the same embassy that can't even properly process a visa. I applied for a Nigerian visa because i lost my Nigerian passport and you wouldn't believe what i had to go through to get the freaking visa. My trip is almost delayed. Nigerians always exagerate everything, i can guarantee you that most people going to Nigeria also went last year to visit families and friends. May be some illegal Immigrant will stay in Nigeria but i refuse to believe that 100,000 will stay in Nigeria for good. What Nigeria face in 2009 will make the global crisis looks like a joke. The naira is on a steady decline, the crude oil price is in steady decline. How will Nigeria create opportunities with $35/barrel of oil?? Those Nigerians that decides to go home for good, i give them till june or july before they start looking for ways to get back in the states. NIGERIA IS A HIGHLY UNSTABLE COUNTRY !!! I hope Naija change some day but i fear.

As much as i would love to go home and contribute my own little part to Nigeria, it is the attitude to work and negligence of Nigerian instutions like Nigerian embassy in DC and New york that scares me.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by davidylan1: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2008
@SweetT

And why should anybody listen to what you have just said?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by SweetT1: 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2008
david ylan:

@SweetT

And why should anybody listen to what you have just said?

Because it's the fact! Have you ever had any dealings with Nigerian embassy here??
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by redsun(m): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2008
I wonder who is going to change africa if not africans,putting the blames on scumbag leaders that we allow to mess with us as if it is their birth rights to lead us,leadership is for visionaries not thieves.

They don't have to be in power if we refuse,although it is going take alot of sacrifices and commitments but u don't have a choice as an aborigine unless you are a sub-human,without basic human originality, creativity and dignity.,reaping where u did not sow and forgetting your responsibilities to create a descent society for all.

Selfish murderfukers,once they have this paid job and basic comfort,they think that is what it is all about,no adventure,always wanting to be paid,god's blessing,some thnik it is a miracle to live abroad,i mean don't get me wrong it is a good experience and every experience reflects the numerous blessing at home.

I am proud to be an african at this time and age,u can never be bored,we got alot to change,white people are bored,they've reach the peak
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by CrudeOil2(m): 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2008
I dont think they are coming back because of the hardship, i think they want to come and see relatives for the festive season.
The Nigerian economy is also tough following the reduction in the price of oil, coupled with the lack of infrastructure and security tension gripping the nation.
All of us are still Nigerians though. ONE LOVE.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by redsun(m): 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2008
This is our renaissance,just like middle age europe?What have we been waiting for?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by zheroes(m): 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2008
@ kobo junkie /dean,

you guys definitely didnt get me right.

while your chances of success stands greater in the US, doesnt mean people arent doing great in naija, was what i meant. i will be the last to die for naija at this moment cos the country isnt matured yet. if you believe your success is in the US, you will be in amidst a few great opportunities and will do nothing with it.

if nigerians come back home does it increase my chance of success?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2008
let them come home eat mama put!
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by OBVIOUS(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2008
If all educated Nigerians come back home, I'm not sure that Nigeria would be a berra place.

Nigerians and unnecessary competition,  in fact, i'm certain that hired killers will prosper if all educated Nigerians come back home.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by slimfine(f): 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2008
How do one even begin to fill out job Appl. in Nigeria?

Lets be realistic, not everyone will be a hero. I cannot fix what is wrong with nigeria
as an individual, so we have to do what is best for our families and for ourselves.

I Have lived in the states for seven years now and I have never heared or seen anyone who have relocated back to naija. you don't even want to mension that you are coming back finally to your relative at home they go "you better stay there if you know what is good for you" you may have money to relocate and start a new business but what happens to you when you have medical or security emergencies? your money ain't gonna come to your rescue.

you will live decently with or without a degree in the states. you might work double shift but I rather do that than do yahoo yahoo, or deal with filty politicians at home.

Yes I love nigeria but I love myself and my family more. you people might not admit it but befor you crucify me; How many of you are willing to DIE for this country Nigeria?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by victorian(f): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2008
Cool, but we only need the bachelors and spinsters here, not the married ones, Bobos and babes wey dey pose too much, competition is coming O! cool grin, So buckle your belts on your spouse and tighten your game if need be grin, Everyone just imagine the scenario, this will be fun to behold cheesy
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by hedges007(m): 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2008
@dreelde

I hate it with passion when i see, read or hear some people sitting some where called Diaspora, only to run down the great motherland with   their rotten mouth like (7-days left over burger)  all because of the little opportunity they were given. Funny enough, these are people who are yet to make any meaningful achievement compared to other folks in Naija. They brag as if they have visited heaven and therefore, gotten the license to do and undo, as if  they have done what no man has done. The way we see naija and what we say about our motherland, same or even worse shall be viewed by outsiders. Its quite defined, that Naija might be a struggling Nation overloaded with so much negativity, But surely, i know we going to get there one day, after all Naija is only 48, compared to US or other European countries we all cherish. As for me, Motherland is not as bad as most  idiots in camera portrays it to be.[b][/b]

As for me, "Out of Naija, still from Naija"
Ajoo ole dabi ile (No place like home)
emi o ni fi owo osii juwe ile baba mii.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by RibaduFan(m): 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2008
If u have medical emergencies in Nigeria and u re not a political office holder, then u re finished
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by OBVIOUS(m): 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2008
@ yemmyse L O L but not necessarily true.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by RibaduFan(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2008
Obvious

Might not be true if u re a strong xtain with an unshakeable faith, otherwise, u re finished.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by davidylan1: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2008
slimfine:

How do one even begin to fill out job Appl. in Nigeria?

Lets be realistic, not everyone will be a hero. I cannot fix what is wrong with nigeria
as an individual, so we have to do what is best for our families and for ourselves.

I Have lived in the states for seven years now and I have never heared or seen anyone who have relocated back to naija. you don't even want to mension that you are coming back finally to your relative at home they go "you better stay there if you know what is good for you" you may have money to relocate and start a new business but what happens to you when you have medical or security emergencies? your money ain't going to come to your rescue.

you will live decently with or without a degree in the states. you might work double shift but I rather do that than do yahoo yahoo, or deal with filty politicians at home.

Yes I love nigeria but I love myself and my family more. you people might not admit it but befor you crucify me; How many of you are willing to DIE for this country Nigeria?

Only seven years, and you talk like this, wait till you have spent 15 years, and you will begin to realise what we are saying.

Medical emergencies, and they say everyone dies in Nigeria once you get sick? How do people reason like this? The way they talk make me begin to think Nigeria is a jungle where nothing works, but thank God, I know better.

You havent seen people moving back home doesnt mean people are not doing so.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2008
Please it is important to note that the impostor above does not represent me pls.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by trustboy: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2008
The way they talk make me begin to think Nigeria is a jungle where nothing works, but thank God, I know better.

Is this not a true description of the situation in nigeria?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2008
hedges007:

@dreelde

I hate it with passion when i see, read or hear some bastards sitting some where called Diaspora, only to run down the great motherland with   their rotten mouth like (7-days left over burger)  all because of the little opportunity they were given. Funny enough, these are people who are yet to make any meaningful achievement compared to other folks in Naija. They brag as if they have visited heaven and therefore, gotten the license to do and undo, as if  they have done what no man has done. The way we see naija and what we say about our motherland, same or even worse shall be viewed by outsiders. Its quite defined, that Naija might be a struggling Nation overloaded with so much negativity, But surely, i know we going to get there one day, after all Naija is only 48, compared to US or other European countries we all cherish. As for me, Motherland is not as bad as most  idiots in camera portrays it to be.[b][/b]

As for me, "Out of Naija, still from Naija"
Ajoo ole dabi ile (No place like home)
emi o ni fi owo osii juwe ile baba mii.
grin grin grin you do well my brother. But, e be like say you dey Afghanistan dey yarn this yarn. Come home now? grin grin

I saw the picture you took in Afghanistan, you are hot tho.
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by KarmaMod(f): 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2008
It's one thing o go back to Naija, it's another for those who intend to move to Europe

If they cant survive here, how do they expect to survive there?
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Frizy(m): 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2008
I don't know why some people have a great admiration of the life abroad. Like my mum always says:"London is just like Lagos" You hustle your way through and work the living day out of ass even when you're a professional. I have traveled to some parts of the world particularly Europe, but not to get a job. But believe me, Nigeria is not as bad as many spoilers make it. We wont have any meaningful progress if everyone starts to talk against a system that is not believed to be moving. I can never travel to the US to make some bucks, not at the time things are really falling apart. Why must you endure this hardship when I know personally of many Americans who complain about the situation their country? I feel so sick when I heard one guy I know very well traveling to the States (3 weeks ago) to make money. He wants to marry an American for a card. Must you become a slave to a minority controlling the affairs of the States?

Am coming back to Nigeria, but believe me, when people say you come to suffer- I can't but marvel at their ignorance. We need to change the way our country is and the way people think of this country (Nigeria). I know some people suffer harshly, but how do you help the situation when your labor only goes to the selfish, inhumane, and autocratic governance of the US?

**I know many will say we are free there*** Free indeed.   grin
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by Hauwa1: 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2008
Country don hard o. where do i move to now eh undecided
i no even see garri chop na hungry i dey since yesterday.

they sent me out of class this week as i have not paid my fees for 3years now. my student ID has been taken, my library ID too. how do i get money for ticket now eh
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by KarmaMod(f): 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2008
Lmao omoge.

If you start selling monkey suya to the oyinbos all in the name of "exotic delicacy". Im sure you'll make some money
Re: Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home by earTHMama: 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2008
Country don hard o. where do i move to now eh
i no even see garri chop na hungry i dey since yesterday.

they sent me out of class this week as i have not paid my fees for 3years now. my student ID has been taken, my library ID too. how do i get money for ticket now eh

Call your thieving brothers to send you part of their loot so you can finish your school. It's not easy to see a Northerner attending a university so they should cherish people like you. In the country of the blind, one eyed man is the king.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Saraki Will Decide If Kwara PDP Can Join APC - Governor Ahmed / Dickson, PDP Kicks As Bayelsa Gets New CP / APC, PDP Pick Candidates For Kwara Federal Rep. By-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.