Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Flow And Snow - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flow And Snow (174694 Views)

Melting Snow. / Out In The Snow. / The Sun In The Snow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flow And Snow by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
chuks000:
Abeg oooo......in as much as Dyoungstar is ryt, it wont be fair on us (d genuine readers only)....we wuld be story starved
sex starved and his works are being copied? Oga flow pause your works.
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 3:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
stuff46:

just stop updating and delit the old ones

Ok no wahala
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
Bluestarry:
sex starved and his works are being copied? Oga flow pause your works.

Ok i don hear
Re: Flow And Snow by Warlord3000(m): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
No disrespect flow...

If you started a story and decided to stop midway...

Readers will be quite disappointed in your word for starting a story and you stopped updating...

Trust me... People won't die cos they would move on...

The next story is just a click away via Google.. [Internet age]...

As much as work stealing ain't cool... Most of the guys writing here have been advised to create blog or website and put your post there and make returns in token from it...

Glowingscene used to do it and she did it quite well....
Her Web page story is always a step of the nl update.. Meaning curious people always go there to read first and of course she can smile at the end of the day to the bank..

Word of advise: strike action won't work...

Personal opinion Sha...

I might be spilling out jargons sha wink

2 Likes

Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
Warlord3000:
No disrespect flow...

If you started a story and decided to stop midway...

Readers will be quite disappointed in your word for starting a story and you stopped updating...

Trust me... People won't die cos they would move on...

The next story is just a click away via Google.. [Internet age]...

As much as work stealing ain't cool... Most of the guys writing here have been advised to create blog or website and put your post there and make returns in token from it...

Glowingscene used to do it and she did it quite well....
Her Web page story is always a step of the nl update.. Meaning curious people always go there to read first and of course she can smile at the end of the day to the bank..

Word of advise: strike action won't work...

Personal opinion Sha...

I might be spilling out jargons sha wink

When i said i wanted this story to be the best this year, i meant every word of it.
But wetin people dey do, me i no like am

I think they should do something about it, mind you, i am not stopping.

1 Like

Re: Flow And Snow by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
flow1759:

When i said i wanted this story to be the best this year, i meant every word of it.
But wetin people dey do, me i no like am

I think they should do something about it, mind you, i am not stopping.

oga no mind them. We are not stopping, only suspending.

1 Like

Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
"you must pay me this money before two weeks oh, u don hear?" Segun warned as we sat to drink Kunu.

"Ehnnnn! I go pay before then sef, you know say we go start work again tomorrow"

"which kin work be the work sef?" James who had already gone half way his Kunu asked.

"Oboh na Fidelity Anual report, and you know say e dey heavy well well" I replied.

The last time we went to deliver Fedelity Bank's annual report, i developed a bad posture; my shoulder structure got bent; it took about four months for it to get straightened all thanks to Ori the wonder working natural balm since 1901.

"oboy make oga pay us well for this Fedelity oh, or else me i no go do" Segun said.

"him dey pay well na' him say na 150 for one"

"oboy see fly plenty for inside your Kunu oh" Natty who was at the other table said to me.

"where the fly?" I asked.

"see am na, you no dey see well?" He was practically dipping his hands into my cup of Kunu.

"u don see am?"

"i never see am oh"

"wait make i show you na" he raised my cup of Kunu to the skies like he was looking to differentiate a real naira note from counterfeit.

I turned to count the money Segun gave me to be 45,000 naira. As i turned back towards Natty, he had drank my full cup of Kunu and ran.

Natty could best be described as either the Senior brother to the character in "The masquerade" soap opera, or he was his twin brother. He loved anything food so much. I was told Beans and P'oo was mixed for him to eat, and he ate, sending it down home with Urine and Sprite. Who did him such wickedness; no other than his best friend Power.

He shared every of Power's meal with him; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. So one day, Power was fed up with him shorting his ration so he planned with another friend Maleek and they both but P'oo in his Beans, and Urine in his Sprite.

Upon all the food Natty ate, he was still as slim as a pencil. Upon all the food Sir White's provided for him, he was still Slim but not Shady. Nzube Eze aka Natty was the Younger brother to the dreaded Chibuzo Eze aka Sir White. Sir white provided all the food stuff they needed at home; infact their home was a home of all food. Sir White was in charge of collecting monthly dues from shop owners in Mammy market; whoever refused paying, he made sure a food item is collected from the person's shop. Not only food, as well as clothes and Shoes, little wonder Natty could be regarded as the best dressed in the Cantonment.

"Power help me catch am!!!!" I ordered.

Power being a Martial artist like me was ever agile, so he ran after Natty and caught him.

"bring am here!!!" I commanded.

Natty was brought to me and i knew not where i would start to beat him. But again, i thought otherwise owing to the fact that he was the brother to the dreaded Sir White.

"pull him shoe for me" I commanded Power.

Godspower Adeleye being a lower belt to me in Taekwondo respected me a lot, and did what ever i commanded him to do.

He removed Natty's shoe and handed it over to me.

Mehn!!!! The shoe was fine, and since i had only but one tattered shoe, i took his shoe giving him my slippers to wear home.

"na my brother own oh" he informed.

"ehen! if na your brother own nkor!! who be your brother sef?"

"him brother na Sir White oh!" Power warned.

Power feared Sir white so much that he hardly visited his friend Natty at home. Where the fear for Sir White grew taller in Power was the day Sir White caught him with M'arijuana and ordered some soldiers to lock him up in the guard room. Power slept in the guard room for about 23 days not just because he was caught with M'arijuana, but also becuase he was the boo of Sir White's younger sister Nneka.

"guy give am back him shoe na" Segun pleaded.

"i no go give am, why him drink my Kunu?" I fired.

"I go tell my Brother say you don collect him shoe, you go see" Natty the Lilly livered boy threatened.

"ehn!! tell am, i go tell am say you drink my Kunu" I was playing with fire.

I wore the Shoe and it fitted perfectly.

"see as the shoe fit me na" I said as Power and Natty left.

"this shoe go put you for trouble oh" James warned.

"Abeg forget that thing!!!"

I had lost a cup of Kunu thats for sure, but i never knew i would drink a bigger cup of "dilluted sweetened evaporated Kunu" that night.

1 Like

Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
I heard ishilove is now modarating

Imagine Flow as a Moderator!!!!!!!!!

Do they pay them?
Re: Flow And Snow by haryomikun(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Loooooool. Nice one flow!
Re: Flow And Snow by Ramwab94(m): 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
flow1759:

I had lost a cup of Kunu thats for sure, but i never knew i would drink a bigger cup of "dilluted sweetened evaporated Kunu" that night.
Yess, A urine-diluted sweetened evaporated kunu is what you'll take. I'd take a wild guess Flow, ontop suspendin stories until plagiarism stops and Seun and NL Mods find a lastin solution to it, I'll advice you continue your work as it'll really affect the pace and integrity of your story.
Re: Flow And Snow by Ramwab94(m): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
flow1759:
I heard ishilove is now modarating

Imagine Flow as a Moderator!!!!!!!!!

Do they pay them?
Yess ooo, Seun dey pay dem Mods wey dey work with him oo. No be small thin. But how much do they collect and Do they get paid Weekly or Monthly were questions I couldn't answer.
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ramwab94:

Yess, A urine-diluted sweetened evaporated kunu is what you'll take. I'd take a wild guess Flow, ontop suspendin stories until plagiarism stops and Seun and NL Mods find a lastin solution to it, I'll advice you continue your work as it'll really affect the pace and integrity of your story.

OK noted.
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ramwab94:

Yess ooo, Seun dey pay dem Mods wey dey work with him oo. No be small thin. But how much do they collect and Do they get paid Weekly or Monthly were questions I couldn't answer.

that said, Vote for Flow for Literature section moderator..................... APC!!!!! change!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ramwab94:

You think it's Urine u might be disappointed.
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 10:22am On Jan 30, 2015
"where that Flow sef, go knock for their door" I heard some voices close to my window that night.

"him no dey" I changed my voice to feminine instanta.

"where him go?" That voice sounded like Sir White's.

"Him go him friend house go sleep there" My voice was still feminine.

Changing my voice feminine was a skill i learned from the Ejimas and it had saved me from troubles a lot of time. Like when Funmi needed a female to call her ex and there was none available but Kel, since Kel as an enemy to Funmi, and since Funmi knew i was good at changing voices i was asked by her to form the voice of a female to call her ex, telling him i was a friend of Funmi's that was madly in love with him. I did a perfect job and Funmi paid me handsomely in kind not cash.

Since the first day Funmi paid me in kind, she had continued ever since paying me in kind for no services done. She had not stopped giving it to me on weekly bases. She surprised me one day when she told me to come give it hard to her on her parent's matrimonial bed. I pleaded with her, but she refused saying even if her dad caught us, he wouldn't do anything to her. Of a truth, her Dad wouldn't do her anything, but he would do so many things to me, things like me losing my job and landing in jail.

I had swam pass the sweet ocean in between Funmi's leg so many times, but that day the ocean was bitter as my eyes were always at the door and my mind was figuring the best escape route; the Window or the Fridge.

Having s'ex that afternoon was like doing push up exercise. I had done about 52 push ups when someone s'lamed the door open.

"What!!!! what is happening here!!!" Mrs Akeju yelled.

"no......... no........... nothing ma!!!" I jumped out of the bed.

"what!!! on my matrimonial bed!"

"no ma!! she cause it all" I accused.

That day, i ran out of their compound with just Boxers. If it were not for an A'boki that housed me in his shop until Funmi brought my clothes, i would had gone home with just boxers. When Funmi came to the A'boki's shop to give me my clothes, she apologized to me promising me her Dad would not hear of it, that even if he heard, he would not do anything to herself and me, and that she would cook up a good lie to tell him.

"where that him friend house dey?" Another guy that was with Sir White asked.

"e far well well oh!!" I answered as my Cousin Ngozi giggled and i beckoned on her not to laugh.

"but him say make i give una one shoe oh"

"ok!! where the shoe?"

"make i bring am come" I gave my Cousin the shoe to go give to them.

"God save am!!!!"

"take this Kunu, give am, tell am say na him friend Segun say make we give am make him drink" I could recognize the voice as that of the Micheal the son of the Kunu seller that was also a soldier.

My Cousin collected it and they both left; Sir White and Micheal.

"put the Kunu for Fridge for am oh!!" Said MIcheal.
Re: Flow And Snow by buoye1(m): 11:52am On Jan 30, 2015
Floooooooow......flow

The funmi part got me cracking!how would KEL feel if she gets to know about your sexcapades with funmi

Abeeggoo we still neeed U

Keep flowing bro of life
Re: Flow And Snow by Mate77(m): 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
Flooooow flow i just they gadun u anytime anyday.

Just the same from ur head dey dare jare
Re: Flow And Snow by Mate77(m): 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
Flooooow flow i just they gadun u anytime anyday.

Just the same flow ur head dey dare jare
Re: Flow And Snow by aprilwise(m): 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
Mr. Flow. I always enjoy reading your stories. Please what's the name of the book u made reference of.
Re: Flow And Snow by 4kizo(m): 4:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
flow keep flowing we dey feel ur flow
Re: Flow And Snow by toxiflam: 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
I dey suspect that kunu ooo
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 3:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
“hello!!! who am I talked to?” I spat venom. Grammatical venom.

“ you are talking- talking-talking to Ife” She needed to let me know I had erred in my grammar.

“who is Evey” I thought I heard Evey.

“Ife!!! Ife!” The caller spelt it out.

“ok!! Ife! How are you?”

“Am fine, Peter, are you with that money?” I had promised that week to give her the money i owed her.

“Yes!!! Am with it, I even said after work today, I will come to the house to give you.

“can you bring it to the house now?”

“But…….. but………….”

“no buts, just come now!!!” Like she needed the money badly.

“I want to come, but where I am presently is very far from the house”

“Just come I will give you back whatever you spend on transport”

“ok! I will come, but just give me some time to withdraw the money form the nearest ATM”

“ok! Don’t keep me waiting” She hung up.

“this one wey Ife the Finance Minister dey need money, you sure say this work wey I dey do now them no go owe me?” I said to my self.

If Ife was cash broke, it meant one thing; that Mr Wole Akeju was also cash broke, as Ife was his Finance Minister; keeping all the money of his businesses. Why? You would ask, Because Mr Wole was a spendthrift.

By the roadside in the street called Akerele in Surulere seated a restaurant “Chop Belleful”. I checked my stomach to see if I needed to “chop Belleful”, of course I needed to even “chop over Bellleful”.

The Restaurant was so so crowded that I could barely see an empty seat. When it was my turn to be served, this was my order: “madam give me Rice and beans, put and small spaghetti and four Moi Moi, put two Kpomo and two Shaki, and one head of Fish”. The woman attending to me took another look at me, and I wondered why.

“Abeg help me tell that woman wey dey sell drink make she bring Orobo Pepsi” I was still ordering.

To my greatest surprise, I was served a mountainful. “who you say make I give” I thought she wanted me to pass it to someone behind.

“na your own!! Your money na 500 naira”

One of the Moi Moi was almost dropping so I balanced it with my handkerchief, making a mess of my “in between White and Brown” handkerchief.

“oga your money na five hundred naira oh” The food seller repeated.

“for wetin!!! How this food wey sma……. Like this go be 500 naira?” I almost said the food was small, but on feeling the weight no my hand, I told myself the truth.

The last time I worked out was about a week ago, but that afternoon, the plate of food was like a 50kg dumbbell to my right hand.

“see your Orobo Pepsi here!!” that was another dumbbell but to my left hand.

I practically dangled as I walked to locate a seat directly opposite a bald guy; and beside the standing fan.

“oga!!! You never pay me oh” The woman that gave me the Pepsi said.

“where the hand wey I go take pay you?”

I hurriedly placed my food on the table in other for people not to see the mountain Everest I was carrying. The plastic table really felt the pains or carrying such mountain.

“oboy na only you go chop this one??” the bald guy asked.

“no oh!!!! We dey three wey go chop am”

As I walked to give the drink seller her money, all what was on my mind was how I would bring down that mountain Everest.

“abi make I run leave the food?” I told myself.

“kai!! How I go run leave food wey I don pay for, I go try finish am jor” I assured.

“so where the remaining two people na?” The bald guy was really troubling me.

“them go piss, them dey come”

The first Moi Moi I took looked more like my Paul Smith shoe, the spaghetti looked more like Daddy Shokey’s dreadlocks, while the Kpomo was as strong as a Talking drum leather.

How I wished I never ordered for that much. Oh! How I wish.

I was about half way eating, when I suddenly started farting unending.

A lady seated close to me looked at me with fury, this kind of look: “mumu! You don dey chop big food, how you no go dey mess any how??”.

And I gave her a “shey I no dey free to mess anywhere? Abi mess get toilet?” look.

I was still battling with the extra large hard Kpomo when I heard a guy complained; “Madam chop belleful, this your Kpomo strong oh!!”

“yes oh, na true oh” I supported.

“make una no vex abeg, una know say no be so my Kpomo dey dey, I buy this one from another place”

I was still struggling with my large Kpomo when all of sudden; “yeaeeeeeeaaaa!!! Pepper don enter my eye oh!!!!!!”

I cried bitterly when I at that moment could feel the peppery in my Retina, then it moved to my Pupil. I was going blind.

“your Kpomo don blind person oh!!!!!!”

“how him no go blind? When him dey chop food wey big pass am” I heard the lady by my side said.

“you dey craze oh!! Nahim make you ugly like monkey” I cursed within.

I rushed outside to wash my eyes with a bowl of water I took from my table, without seeing the content of the bowl.

Miraculously, after two minutes of washing my eyes with the water from the bowl, my eyes stopped being peppery. Not knowing it was only a break; an appetizer, the main dish was on the way.

The “part two” of the peppery feeling started as I was about going back to continue my meal.
“yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I don die oh!!!” I was sure I was either blind or I had caught Glaucoma. Or both.

About Fifteen minutes later, I had regained my sight to see that the water from the bowl was water someone used to wash hand after eating. The water contained particles of Egusi and two b'alls of Eba.

I got to my table only to discover that my remaining food was gone. My Orobo was also gone. The bald guy had done his worse.

Fortunately, as I left the restaurant, I saw a Sun Shade seller. I bought a very dark Sun Shade, not to protect my eyes from the effect of the Sun on my already damaged eyes, but to cover my “Irritating burgundy Red eyes” from the viewing eyes of the public.

As if that was all for the day.

2 Likes

Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
make una no vex, i have been very busy.
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 3:13pm On Jan 31, 2015
una notice something??

You can't quote someone's post. Or is it my eyes?

Is it because of the "literature pirates"?
Re: Flow And Snow by stuff46(m): 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
I think so
Btw nice Updates
Re: Flow And Snow by ultraawesome(m): 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
Cool updates...buh I dont know how "not quoting" stops pirates
Re: Flow And Snow by Warlord3000(m): 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
Oops it's true o

Can't quote shocked
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
Warlord3000 na now you know? shocked
Re: Flow And Snow by tushwitch(f): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
I wonder o!!!
they'll never cease to amaze me....smh
Re: Flow And Snow by jditimiya(m): 11:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
flow it was nice talking to u. guy do ur thing as u like am. no mind those who no how he be to write a story like these. the pepper hr hot well well?
Re: Flow And Snow by Alexgeneration(m): 11:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nice,incisive and funny update. Keep it up bro. More kerosene to your stove

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply)

A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story / Friday The 13th-Assassins Creed / The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.