Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures - Agriculture (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (214616 Views)

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Green House Tomato Production / Cassava Production And Processed Products Made From Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by dijiweb: 5:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
mashnino:

i think determinate seeds have a fixed duration where they will keep producing tomatoes for you

while the indeterminate can go on for upto a year sef.. hence indeterminate

i think i am correct sha.. let madam coman answer you fess

You are very correct, but what i would like to know is the variety that is common in NIgeria. Determinate or Indeterminate.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by mashnino(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
dijiweb:

You are very correct, but what i would like to know is the variety that is common in NIgeria. Determinate or Indeterminate.

Depends on which you want

I just learnt that indeterminate can also grow upto a very tall height so you will surely need to put a support for it
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by kingkant: 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
Madam Jethro and CO. mak God bless una well well. am a mechanical Technician that has passion for farming. please Madam when are u

1. starting the next training ?

2. i'm in port harcout and work's on a rotational bases, 2 weeks in 2 weeks out, and your training duration is one month. Please any flexible way for the duration or i have to be there the whole one month?

Thanks.
You are bless.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by kyrios: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
jethro2:
Dear Intending Participants for the 3 months agribusiness training.

Please don't attempt coming to the farm settlement if you have not made payment for your accommodation.

We will gently turn you back.

The fact that I have send you the address did not change anything.

Yes. I have been receiving mails request from people to make payment when they come. No you can not.

We need to plan with what we can accommodate.

Please come along with your payment teller.

You can plan for when next we put up another training.

Take your time to visit the farm before then to confirm we are not scamming you.

Resumption is by Sunday June 5th.

Its serious business.
And I keep saying "No butty picking on the far"

Please be prepared for serious business.

Call 08188540096
Or 08064688501
please how much is a basket of tomato in mile12 now thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
kingkant:
Madam Jethro and CO. mak God bless una well well. am a mechanical Technician that has passion for farming. please Madam when are u
1. starting the next training ?
2. i'm in port harcout and work's on a rotational bases, 2 weeks in 2 weeks out, and your training duration is one month. Please any flexible way for the duration or i have to be there the whole one month?
Thanks.
You are bless.

Good evening sir.
Currently we have an ongoing training.
But all space has been booked.

We do have flexible ones of a week and two weeks for those that can not afford a week.

We will be posting out the update on the shorter period training as soon as possible sir.
I will keep you informed then sir.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by kingkant: 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
Thanks and remain bless
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by slye(m): 7:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
These re the posts for FP
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by t4thayour: 11:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
I have these much plastic crates for sale at give-away price. They have been proven to preserve tomatoes while transporting them, in the place of the raffia baskets, and they reduce the spoil rate while in-transit.

Kindly let me know if interested. (0). Pictures attached

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by bamigee: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
Babalagzy:

Yes, I am

Hello Babalagzy, How many tonnes did you get from your dizengoff greenhouse

Please can I have your number? I need advice on green house farming
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by abeybest(m): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
i like this trend
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by petitmonde(m): 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
biggal:
Jethro u made me laf wen u said d woman ddnt hit goldmine. She's sending 2bags of onions to me down ph dis wk.infact she has many clients dat my chats has to take tym before she replies me. We need ppl who can do dese supplies to us dat is nt dia thereby creating utility of space. Pls fink of wat I said u can. If u do pls a basket of tomato is how much now down to southsouth. Wat else sells cheaper dia
what other produce do u want in PH,and in what quantity?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by petitmonde(m): 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
securi:
It was 20k here in PH last week. God knows how much it will be during Ramadan when farming activities are usually low.

do you also deal in other produce aside tomato?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
Training! Training!! Training!!!.

2ND Batch Of Farm Manager Free Agribusiness Training

Training session will be covering but not limited to

1. The construction of green house using local materials such as bamboo, teak etc.
Participants will be involve in building the screen house.

2. Construction of solar dryer for fruits and vegetables

3. Growing different vegetables in green house.
Vegetable such as
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Cabbage
Onions
Beet roots
Cauliflower
Brocolli
Lettuce etc.

4. Construction of a local preservative cooler for fruits and vegetables

5. Marketing the vegetables.

Hotels, restaurants and supermarket are paying enormously for organic vegetables.
Our products are purely organic.

6. Farm Manager job placement:
Yes. We have clients that needs experience hand on farm.

They require farm managers that can work with little or no supervision.
We assure you of good salary package, accommodation and others.
Terms and condition apply.

Duration
September, October, November

Farm Settlement Location
Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA of Oyo State.

Resumption Date
September 5th 2016.

We can only accommodate 30 participants.

Its first come first serve.
Registration closes by August 25th.

We made accommodation arrangement for participants for the 3 months at the cost of N15,000.

Registration is in progress.
To register call 08188540096, 08064688501.

Thank you

1 Share

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by rabzy: 1:46am On Jul 02, 2016
jethro2:

1. The construction of green house using local materials such as bamboo, teak etc.

Vegetable such as
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Cabbage
Onions
Beet roots
Cauliflower
Brocolli
Lettuce etc.

Hotels, restaurants and supermarket are paying enormously for organic vegetables.

Duration

Farm Settlement Location

Resumption Date
September 5th 2016.

We made accommodation arrangement for participants for the 3 months at the cost of N15,000.

Thank you

Hi Jethro nice work. I am going to enroll my brother for the training. We are all considering going into farming but taking it step wise. As a side note water spoils bamboo and it can also be eaten by some ants. The part you sticking into the soil can absorb moisture by capillary action. You can mitigate this by sticking that part inside an appropriate sized plastic bottle like Ragolis or Eva bottle or wrap it with a double thick nylon all the way to 6 inches above ground.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by petitmonde(m): 5:35am On Jul 02, 2016
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by petitmonde(m): 5:41am On Jul 02, 2016
biggal:
Jethro u made me laf wen u said d woman ddnt hit goldmine. She's sending 2bags of onions to me down ph dis wk.infact she has many clients dat my chats has to take tym before she replies me. We need ppl who can do dese supplies to us dat is nt dia thereby creating utility of space. Pls fink of wat I said u can. If u do pls a basket of tomato is how much now down to southsouth. Wat else sells cheaper dia
it seems ur PM does not work.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 8:46am On Jul 02, 2016
rabzy:

Hi Jethro nice work. I am going to enroll my brother for the training. We are all considering going into farming but taking it step wise. As a side note water spoils bamboo and it can also be eaten by some ants. The part you sticking into the soil can absorb moisture by capillary action. You can mitigate this by sticking that part inside an appropriate sized plastic bottle like Ragolis or Eva bottle or wrap it with a double thick nylon all the way to 6 inches above ground.

Thank you sir. All will be taken into consideration. I really appreciate this
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Intelligentdude(m): 10:48am On Jul 02, 2016
Following.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by mikooolud(m): 9:43am On Jul 03, 2016
hi Jenthro I want to know if you need a tu
tor in vegetable production in your organised seminar. I have been a practical farmer since 2011 mostly especially in crops such as cucumber water melon pepper tomato and maize
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
Buying Or Leasing A Farm Site?

When starting my farm.
All I read is how to make millions in the farm.
Never know anything about the challenges I will be facing.

Nothing was put into plan
Basic concern was just land
Yes. I just need a farmland
Where ever I can get one.

And then I search for reasonable price.
The cheapest I can get.
Irrespective of the distance.

Imagine you have an offer of nearby land for N80,000 per acre and another one but at a far distance for N40,000 per acre.

There is no doubt the first instinct will be to go for the cheapest land offer.
After all farm na farm.

And so I opt for the second offer
Its cheaper, saves me money.
So I thought.

I Inspect the farm land and pay for it
Now I am a farmland owner.
A proud one at that.

My first day going to farm was easy.
I went with some friends who are mobile.

How do you intend to be getting to farm?
Bola asked.

Oh sure that can't be an issue.
I said.
There are plenty motorcycle riders in the village.
Its just paying them some token.
So I thought.

But i find out its not as easy as i thought.
The okada are not easy to come by.
Those plenty okadas i was banking on are for personal use.

And when you finally get one.
The price will almost cut your head off.

So thats how i have to factor in 30-45minutes roadside waiting into my timetable.
Though some days i might be lucky.
To get a means on time.

Then the daily transportation fee which was never ever budgeted find its way into my calculation.

So I cough out N200- N300 to farm every day.

If i had known what i had known now by then. I would have opt for the nearby land which would have save me time and later funds.

Its advisable to have your land nearby
For effective management
It saves you cost and time
The workers know you can show up anytime.
It get them to behave

One also need to check the farm from time to time.
The Fulani herdsmen are another farmers headache.
They tend to graze cows on your farm whenever no one is there.

Its only when you are lucky to catch or know them that they will be force to pay damages.
Remember "if you are lucky"

Bush burners are some other set to watch out for.
In their bid to kill rats and bush animals they set bush on fire.

The fire might mistakenly burn your farm.
But if you are close by. These can easily be prevented.

Thats why its so advisable that your farm be close by for proper monitoring.

Like we keep saying
Farming is life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
mikooolud:
hi Jenthro I want to know if you need a tu
tor in vegetable production in your organised seminar. I have been a practical farmer since 2011 mostly especially in crops such as cucumber water melon pepper tomato and maize
Oohhh. Thanks. We don't have vacancy for that at the moment
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
Vegetable such as
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Cabbage
Onions
Beet roots
Cauliflower
Brocolli
Lettuce etc.
Duration
Farm Settlement Location
Resumption Date
September 5th 2016.
Thank you

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by tripleace(m): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2016
Great thread you have here I must confess.
Thank you Madam J for shedding so much DETAILED LIGHT on your adventure in this sector. Thanks to other seasoned practitioner who have contributed in making this thread very informative.

Thank you and God bless you all.

@ Jethro2. Hope to hear more about your green house project.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Pere4u: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
How much are the crates? I called the number but it was switched off.

t4thayour:
I have these much plastic crates for sale at give-away price. They have been proven to preserve tomatoes while transporting them, in the place of the raffia baskets, and they reduce the spoilt rate while in-transit.

Kindly let me know if interested. (08172235650). Pictures attached

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
tripleace:
Great thread you have here I must confess.
Thank you Madam J for shedding so much DETAILED LIGHT on your adventure in this sector. Thanks to other seasoned practitioner who have contributed in making this thread very informative.
Thank you and God bless you all.
@ Jethro2. Hope to hear more about your green house project.

You are highly welcome sir
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:46am On Aug 03, 2016
Farm Managers Vacancy:
The main reason we put up the 3 month farm managerial training is to ::
1. Train Farm Managers
2. Access their performance and build on it
And the expectation is that by the end of the training::
Participants can either
1. Start up his own farm with no or little technical assistance
2. We offer jobs to interested participants.
Yes. The jobs vacancy are plenty.
But we can only offer those that has been trained.
Those that actually pass the test.
The 3 months is a test period.
Most people looking for Farm Managers work don't have what it takes to be the farm manager.
Farming is a field activities. You don't even have an office. Come rain, come sun, you have to be there.
Putting you through the rigorous task is getting you prepared for the task ahead.
So if you think you are up to the task.
Prepare to join us for the September batch.
And that's why we made it so cheap.
N15,000 to participate for 3 month.
You don't have an excuse to be unemployed.
The jobs are waiting
Get in touch
Call 08064688501, 08188540096
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 7:04am On Aug 06, 2016
About The Farm Manager Training And Vacancy

1. Will you pay for the training?

"I think you should be the one paying us for providing you an avenue to be gainfully employed"

2. Must I stay on the farm for 3 months?

" The period is for us to put you through what and what is expected of you to manage a vegetable farm successfully.

3. Is the Farm Manager Job guarantee after the training?

" Yes.
But you have to prove to us that you are the right person for the job.

4. I am a graduate of crop production, animal science etc.

"But we both know how the Nigerian Education System works. Its all theory and no practical.
Real life is quite different from class work.

5. But I have experience.....

"The more reason you should prove to us your capability. The training period will give you maximum opportunity to do that.

6. Will you feed us?

"No. We will not.
You are to take care of your feeding.

7. How much is the tuition fee?

" The tuition is free.

8. What about accomodation.?

" We made arrangement for accommodation at the rate of N15,000 for the 3 month duration.

9. Apart from the accomodation fee which other financial expenses is involved?

"None other than for you to take care of yourself. You also need to transport yourself to and fro from the farm.

10. What should I budget for the transport.

" N50 from and to farm.

11 How many days in a week do we go to farm

" Monday-Friday is full day.
Saturday is half day
No farm on Sunday.

12. What will my feeding budget look like?

" A moinmoin wrap is N10 likewise an Akpu or fufu wrap. Not sure you can finish 10 wrap.

13. Is there network in the farm?

"Yes.
All the networks are present.

14. Must I stay for 3 months?

"Yes.
If you would be needing our recommendation

15. Is it compulsory I work for your clients after the training?

" No. You might choose to work for yourself.

16. Do you give loans?

No. We don't have the capacity for loan and lending yet.

Please feel free to send us any other concern you might have
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:34am On Aug 11, 2016
Our training programme will be resuming by September 5th.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by emtol: 6:05am On Aug 12, 2016
A big thanks to Madam Jethro and other farmers in the house for the job well done. Give a man a fish-you feed for the day. But teach a man how to fish-you feed him for life. You are feeding Nigeria I must say. I cultivated Zea maize but now I want to venture into tomato and I need some help. - I need info on how to secure a good hybrid seed in Osun state and fertilizer for my crop and any idea on price of these items. Pls house, a good response will be better, thanks.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by sshy: 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
jethro2:

Vegetable such as
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Cabbage
Onions
Beet roots
Cauliflower
Brocolli
Lettuce etc.

Duration

Farm Settlement Location

Resumption Date
September 5th 2016.

Thank you
you did not indicate bank and account details

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (39) (Reply)

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.