Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18838 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by nateone(m): 10:56am On Dec 24, 2008
NOT surprise,
same thing is going to happen to the former dg of NAFDAC now she is a minister of information, all info she will be passing out will be doctored, am no soothsayer grin grin
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by udokpuenyi(m): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2008
In summary of my earlier stand, if Ribadu is not taken out EFCC and humiliated, don't you think that Yar 'dua and Okiro is in trouble at the end of the end. So Like Nostradamus, The looters have seen their awaiting trail stand and they are doing everything to avert it
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Olaolufred(m): 11:12am On Dec 24, 2008
Dora is an heroine.

But Joining the PDP govt. That robbed 140 million people of thier power of choice.

Is like joining a notorious robbery gang.

Natone, you are not a soothsayer. But a seer.

You sees into the future.

She has become the next scapegoat, unless she smartly bark out.

She will get an international appointment if she sign out with PDP.

But, if she stays with them, She will be known worldwide as one of the Chameleon we have in Nigeria.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by ladej(m): 11:13am On Dec 24, 2008
this is disappointing news
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Capone(m): 11:14am On Dec 24, 2008
@ texazzpete

Indeed I quite and absolutely agree with you that double promotion should be done on merit and in the right order.

I also agree with you that Ribadu too made mistakes by not accepting his fate and move on.

I like your objectivity anyway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our so called Big Guys have set trap for Ribadu and either way he goes their ultimate aim is to see him humiliated and dismissed by the Police. Anyway, he also unknowingly played into their hands.

But Ribadu's work made me proud to be a Nigerian at one time. I could be at any airport in any part of the world and get commendations by foreigners.

Nigeria moved up a great deal from the most Corrupt Nation on this planet to the 59th most corrupt. That is Nigeria is number 121 on the Corruption Perceptions Index. To me this is a remarkable feat.

http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2008

On April 15, 2008, Nuhu Ribadu received the World Bank's 2008 Jit Gill Memorial Award for Outstanding Public Service, for having led a courageous anticorruption drive in Nigeria, as Head of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by sukieboy(f): 11:17am On Dec 24, 2008
Olaolufred:

Is police rank a chieftaincy Tittle?

Remember, PDP killed Bola Ige, and compesated the main suspect with senatorial seat.

The chieftaincy tittle given by one anarch obj to compesate his cutlass was the AIG.

If i am your boss in an office. I am a director, you are a manager.

If my cousin graduated and join my Company,

Do you advice me to make him manager over you?

Answer me Quick, quick, quick.

This can be done if your cousin becomes exceptional broght and more productive than me.
This is one of the problems we are having in the nation today. The Wait for your turn syndrome. Thats exactly what threw up Yardua as president, with all his inabilities, it was their turn abi?

There is a certain lady in one of the big and very respected Bank in Nigeria, she heads the famous Maitama branch of the Bank. It took her only 7 years to become an ED.

Max Planck, A famous European Physicist became a professor of Physics at the age of 24, what about Alan Turing?

These are places where there is competition and that why things are working well there.
Okay lets come back to Nigeria,
What about Gowon?
okay back into the Police Force of corruption.
what about Smith, Ehindero, Tafa Balogun,
and very lately Mike Okiro. Is Onovo not his senior in the Force. Onovo lacks the man-ness to stand up and resign when his junior was made his superior, but lacked the shame to chair the committee that disciplined an Officer of high repute with an underlying grudge of accelerated promotion.

Big shame.

Back to this thread.
Creativity, what a Character behind this name. If you have had the opportunity of seeing hw nations are built and institutions are established, I think you would maybe had a different perspective on the issue of corruption in our country Nigeria.
We are going down and I swear to you all
Nigeria is going down
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 24, 2008
And who determines what is meritorious in the light of the fact that there was no PSC when he was promoted
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Olaolufred(m): 11:20am On Dec 24, 2008
Yemmyse,

For corruption or against corruption?

How do you mean.

Or is that an answer to my simple question?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by RibaduFan(m): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2008
Olaolufred:

Is police rank a chieftaincy Tittle?

Remember, PDP killed Bola Ige, and compesated the main suspect with senatorial seat.

The chieftaincy tittle given by one anarch obj to compesate his cutlass was the AIG.

If i am your boss in an office. I am a director, you are a manager.

If my cousin graduated and join my Company,

Do you advice me to make him manager over you?

Answer me Quick, quick, quick.

Olaolu

Please tell u didnt write the emboldened statement. Please just tell me ur 5 years old niece wrote it. Or better still, a virus inserted it in ur original text.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by jejelolatu(f): 11:24am On Dec 24, 2008
D simplest choices to make are those btw GOOD nd EVIL, RIGHT and WRONG.

Bt life isnt Simple, life is COMPLICATED!!

In reality,We have to make choices btw at least two wrongs or two evils!!!

Dat seems to be d situation on ground here!!

On one side we hv ribadu, nd on d other we hv people in high nd corrupt places!

Ribadu is no saint
and the police commission is (arguably) legally justified to dismiss him on grounds of indiscipline nd insurbodinatn.

****Havin read most of the posts on dis thread, i daresay that we al agree dat there is a piper(or grp of pipers) dictating the tune.

We al seem to agree dat sum corrupt politicians nd moneybags are afta ribadu for a pound of his flesh (and more)

we all knw dat Ribadu was the chairman of efcc,
also, dat he fought against corruption(be it partially or totally)
we also knw dat in d course of this fight he brought to book sum "untouchables".

and then,on d other side, we hv THIEVES i.e (politicians dat embezzeled , laundered nd squandered public funds dat shd hv gone into educatn,job creatn, health, security.e.t.c!!) nd the POLICE COMMISION(i shd probably hv added them to d thief category!!!)

there u hv it, hv narrowed it down, those ar d two choices.

Pls cre8tivity nd co (puhlease-am not dissin or beefin u)

do tell, wat or whose side ar u on again??

Trust me, ribadu is a betta evil.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by aus123(m): 11:26am On Dec 24, 2008
I am not trying to ridicle Ribadu with his present predicaments. It's just a simple principle of life ( Law of Karma) Those who kills by the sword will also die by sword.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by IbrahimB: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2008
Ribadu was rightfully sacked from the Nigerian Police for Insubordination as any employer (with laid down rules) would for any employee guilty of same offence.

He was guilty of:

1. Refusal to report to his new post as ACP
2. Refusal to honour the IGP's invitation on several occassions.

Let's not be sentimental. Because Ribadu was at the helm the anti-corruption fight doesn't absolve him of the duty of
compliance with lawful order which is so important in the Forces as we all know.

He wasn't the only officer who was demoted and none of the others misbehaved as he has done.

The man is arrogant and "un - leadable".

True, he brought some excitement and vigour into the anti-corruption fight. A number of top-ranking office holders were removed (constitutionally and otherwise). But his crusade was lopsided and he made himself into an OBJ hunt dog. He even gave OBJ a clean bill of health. Imagine?!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by diasporian: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2008
IbrahimB:

Ribadu was rightfully sacked from the Nigerian Police for Insubordination as any employer (with laid down rules) would for any employee guilty of same offence.

He was guilty of:

1. Refusal to report to his new post as ACP
2. Refusal to honour the IGP's invitation on several occassions.

Let's not be sentimental. Because Ribadu was at the helm the anti-corruption fight doesn't absolve him of the duty of
compliance with lawful order which is so important in the Forces as we all know.

He wasn't the only officer who was demoted and none of the others misbehaved as he has done.

The man is arrogant and "un - leadable".

True, he brought some excitement and vigour into the anti-corruption fight. A number of top-ranking office holders were removed (constitutionally and otherwise). But his crusade was lopsided and he made himself into an OBJ hunt dog. He even gave OBJ a clean bill of health. Imagine?!

Imagine what?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Moves: 11:38am On Dec 24, 2008
mikeansy:

And who determines what is meritorious in the light of the fact that there was no PSC when he was promoted
@ texazzpete  I like ur objectivitity and wouldnt band u into the creativity & co bandwagon, But the above question answers ur initial stand that double promotion should be on merits and hence the CIC OBJ deemed Ribadu to have meritted it, Show Ribadu shouldnt have been demoted becos PSC wasnt in place when he was promoted,
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Capone(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2008
@ jejelolatu, sukieboy and others who are on the part of truth.

I agree with your arguments. The truth is if we keep seeing people supporting this evil men by castigating Ribadu then believe me just like Sukiebo said. Nigeria is going down. We are working very hard to becoming a failed state. A Banana Republic, A Kangaroo Nation.

A Nation full of talents and well educated people. A nation that is supposed to be the pacesetter for the Black Race.

A nation that should lead the way while others follow but now allowing its future to be jettisoned by some idiots claiming he was doubly promoted.

I know some people will soon start arguing that Obama does not deserve to be US President.

Small wonder, when Dora Akunyili was attacked by a Senator during her screening, He asked why have you not been fighting Drug Dealers? (He wants to imply that she has been collecting bribe from them). Trust Madam, she gave it to the Senator. She told him that NDLEA is the only organization responsible for Hard Drugs and Drug Dealers. NAFDAC is responsible for illicit drugs and its illict use in the country. While protecting Nigerians from illict drugs.

If I am to CHOOSE between TWO EVILs. My choice is

MALLAM NUHU RIBADU.

I know some people will die for IBB, Ibori, Alams, Saminu Turaki, Atiku and others.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by jejelolatu(f): 11:54am On Dec 24, 2008
Y' all shd take a clear stand.

If u dnt stand for sumtin, u wil fall 4 anytin.

Y' all shd stop goin on and on abt ribaddu's flaws and face d reality,

Dnt be deceived, there ar TWO MAJOR sides to a coin,the others are edges or wateva u wanna call it.

The NPC is a distractn, nd so far, i think its working.

While we try to come up wit a million legal reasons 2 justify or condemn d dismissal, the ochestrators, d brains behind this, d corrupt nd disgruntled politicians ar already workin on their next plan.

Lets nt make too much noise abt dis dismissal-its jst a means to an end!!

In d meantime, y'al shd pitch ur tents in either ribadu's camp or d corrupt politicians camp!!
(these seem to be the two REALISTIC sides to the nigerian coin.)
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by aus123(m): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2008
If we have to retrospect, Ribadu thot is above the law. He shd he had called a lot of Nigerians for interrogations. I c no reason why he should not honour ithe ivitation of IG and others. He deserved his sack.

In any Corporating setting, you  can just move from Mgt Trainee to CEO within a short period. If he is sincere, he shd know there is everything morally wrong with his promotion and his conducts.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by thetruth90: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2008
this dismissal is wrong! this guy should have been left in the force so that a solomon giwa- amu - like accident could be arranged to snuff life out of the idiot.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Capone(m): 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2008
@aus123
thetruth90
aus123:

If we have to retrospect, Ribadu thot is above the law. He should he had called a lot of Nigerians for interrogations. I c no reason why he should not honour ithe ivitation of IG and others. He deserved his sack.

In any Corporating setting, you  can just move from Mgt Trainee to CEO within a short period. If he is sincere, he should know there is everything morally wrong with his promotion and his conducts.

Hear your self rant here. You should be ashamed of yourself. Do we need to overflog the issue? Can't you see that Ribadu's travails is not about his promotion but the war against corruption? Let's not be myopic and blinded to the truth.

The PSC and NPF are all tools of corruption borne out of corruption.

Do you remember those you are supporting have jettisoned your future and that of the little kids and unborn children? Yet, you support them.

No wonder some people will pay to pass their exams, pay to get jobs and even pay to pray in churches. Their wives also charge them for spending the night. Love in Nigeria is also becoming cash and carry.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Pennywise(m): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2008
@Topic
Sad but not entirely unexpected.That this issue will generate 7 pages in 24hrs says a lot about how we feel about Nuhu Ribadu - love him or hate him.

The Ribadu story is another example of a failure of Government.Albeit of a different kind.

We Nigerians are used to having leaders who are authoritarian and tyrannical. Here we have one who is aloof, compromised by ill health and therefore has little or no control of Government which has since been hijacked by a man called Aondoakaa.

This man makes no effort to hide the fact that he is in Govt to further the interest of Governors he took huge sums to defend as a private legal practitioner.These governors were the ones Ribadu had the effrontery to go after as EFCC boss.

It was the same Aondoakaa flying the kite of Nigerian sovereignty and using state funds shamelessly prevented evidence that could have been used to prosecute and convict a corrupt governor in London. To him its a victory but to all reasonable men, a scandal of unimaginable proportion

This govt will be remembered as Yaradua-Aondoakaa govt.Pathetic.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by djavo(m): 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2008
The hunter has been hunted.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Capone(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2008
A NUMBER of events this past week compels us to make testimonies and draw some lessons, and perhaps further highlight the condition of Nigeria as a corporate and sovereign entity.

Three of those events come to mind particularly because of three parallel situations that currently confront Nigeria that highlight the state of affairs in Nigeria, and further emphasize Nigeria’s national struggles with political corruption and misdirection.

The first is the unfolding drama around Illinois governor, Blagojevich, who has come under federal investigations for corruption charges. The second is the just concluded elections in Ghana, our neighbouring West African state. The third is the dismissal by the constitutional court of Thailand of the government in Bangkok last week following sustained protests by anti-government activists who closed down the international airport.

Let me begin with a specific context. Two weeks ago in Chicago, Federal agents from the FBI arrested the Illinois governor, Rod Blagojevich, and his chief of staff, John Harris on federal corruption charges, alleging that the governor and his accomplices sought to (a) benefit financially by using his constitutional privilege from his position as governor of Illinois to sell the replacement of Barak Obama’s now vacant junior senate seat to the highest bidder; (b) to compel the Tribune company, publishers of the Chicago Tribune newspapers to sack some key members of the paper’s editorial board who have been very critical of Blagojevich in exchange for support over sale connected to the Wrigley Field.

The charges were announced by Patrick Fitzgerald, the United States attorney for the northern district of Illinois, and by the Robert. D. Grant, chief agent of the FBI in charge of its office of Investigations in Chicago.

The governor and his chief of staff appeared before the Magistrate Nan Nolan in a court in down town Chicago, and where they entered a plea, and were released on their personal recognition.

The arrest of the governor is a culmination of a broad or wide-ranging investigation of the governor, including wire tapping, over allegations of corruption. The investigations continue, and have included verifications on whether the president elect, Barak Obama or his staff made any unseemly contact with the governor over the senate-seat-for-sale incident.

But it has also focused on the possibility that Jesse Jackson jr., currently a member of the US House of Representative may have made financial offers to the governor. This, of course, would have serious consequences.

The Blagojevich incident is not an isolated situation: it comes in a week in which Charlie Rangel, ranking Democrat and chair of the very influential Ways and Means committee of the US House of Representative faces increasing ethics questions over some allegations that he used his influence, specifically that he solicited donors for funds for the Charles B. Rangel Center for Public Service at the City University New York, using congressional letter heads, and tax evasion questions from what the papers here are calling “sweetheart deals” over his apartment in New York, and for failing to highlight income from his beach house property in the Dominican Republic.

Earlier in October, highly respected octogenarian Republican Senator from Alaska Ted Stevens was indicted on federal charges of corruption for allegedly benefiting from campaign contributions and gifts from oil companies in a landmark conflict of interest scenario that allegedly compromised his position as a Senator of the United States. He was defeated in this last election as a result, and will face trials.

Only last Thursday, Wall Street denizen, Bernard Madoff who Reuters described as “a quiet force on Wall Street” was arrested and charged for a $50 billion scam. Madoff, 70, former chairman of the Nasdaq stock exchange was charged for what he himself has called a “ponzi scheme”- a great 419 which is really what these hedge funds on Wall Street are all about. Now, I provide these foregrounds simply to show that there is great political, moral, and financial corruption everywhere in the world, perhaps most of all in America.

But the difference is that those who break the laws of the state pay for it, irrespective of status or calling. There is consequence. There is only selective consequence against those who subvert the laws of the Nigerian state- it is the selective force of evolution: the survival of the fittest. So, the Nigerian state is particularly Hobessian. Corruption is not unique to Nigeria, nor are we likely to contain it merely by preachment. The problem with Nigeria is the impunity of the state.

The lack of sanction, or the enforcement of sanction, against those who subvert the state.
Nigeria’s tolerant institutions greatly compromise the integrity and indeed the national security of the Nigerian state. That is why no one will be arrested for masterminding violence, religious and ethnic cleansing when it erupts in Jos or Kano; the shield of nepotism covers those who subvert the laws of the state, either because they carry fatuous titles like “his excellency” or “his eminence;” a former inspector general of police murders his steward or what we call his “houseboy” for stealing his “hard currency” in the 1980s; nothing happens to him; nothing has happened to him; he is not only rewarded with further state responsibility, he is called upon to talk about new ways of policing and law enforcement; the life of his “house boy” is expendable by the illogic of the kind of society that justifies impunity merely because those who carry out or condone impunity by the privileges of their public positions above the law that establishes the state or the nation.

A governor of the state loots, through his proxies, the treasury of the state, he comes under the protection of his peers, and nothing happens to him. Ribadu goes after him, and becomes a marked man. The lesson is acute: even the state does not respect its own laws.

This has not only bred the fundamental distrust of the laws and the nature of the state by the citizens of Nigeria who not only feel that the Nigerian state does not exist to guarantee their citizenship but that they are under compulsion to exist within it. Imagine also, that the Nigerian Supreme court, or its entire justice system has the courage of the Constitutional Court of Thailand. But it frequently does not.

The problem in the quality of justice has been placed by some on the quality of judges that have been selected to occupy the Bench in recent years.

There are no more men of fibre in the mould of Louis Mbanefo or Ademola on the high bench. Imagine also, that Nigerian protesters lock down the international Airports in Lagos or Abuja in protest.

The police will not only shoot to kill, they will brag about this publicly, as Obasanjo’s regime clearly showed when it sent military personnel to Odi and Zaki Biam to kill and teach protesting citizens a lesson (Although I don't like the way the Zaki Biam and Odi people killed our soldiers on peace keeping).

Last week in Greece citizens went on rampage over police killing of a 15-year-old boy.

Public outrage of that magnitude did not compel either the Thai government or the government in Greece to unleash state terror on its citizens. But the brutal streak in the Nigerian public leadership is often of the psychotic dimension.

There is no respect for Nigeria or its citizens. The assumption of public office, often unregulated by law, seems to endow the Nigerian public servant with what they see as the power of God. I am drawn to Tony Momoh’s critique of Dr. Sam Egwu’s senate ministerial hearing of about three weeks ago.

Take this example: former Governor Sam Egwu of Ebonyi State, brags before the Senate committee invigilating his candidacy for a ministerial position, about how he distributed electoral materials; how he single-handedly decided who or not to allocate electoral materials in his state.

It is a scandalous confession that in point of fact hints at treason: yes indeed, for at the foundations of the electoral process is the integrity and security of state. Sam Egwu’s confession of electoral crime, either goes below the radar of news reporters in the Senate hearing, or fails to register its implication.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by IbrahimB: 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2008
His sack was in order. He was guilty of insubordination and non-compliance with lawful order (He had refused the IGP's invitation in several instances). Any employer would rid himself of an employee guilty of Mr Ribadu's actions. No, this is not a vote for or against corruption. It is a vote of Right and Wrong.

Even selective justice is a form of corruption in itself and Ribadu practised this extensively. So, supporting his sack is in no way a vote for corruption. Lets draw a line between his highly controversial tenure as EFCC Chairman and his position as a Police Officer subservient to the authorities just like any other officer.

He should move on and join politics (if he fancies such, in any case his anticorruption fight was highly political so he should feel at home)

Perhaps he would still find some folks gullible enough to believe his credibility and vote him into some office.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by proudly9ja(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2008
I have a clear picture of Nigeria's main problem. It is not the corrupt leaders, neither is it our laws. Our problem is WE, the people of Nigeria ourselves.

Here was a man who jailed Alams (Bayelsa thief who ran away from UK police dressed as a woman), almost nailed Ibori, Kalu, Atiku, all confirmed tieves and drug barons. And what do we do with that man, we are jubilating at his downfall? What a country. We should be on the streets protesting against this.

When Alams returned to Bayelsa, he was given a hero's welcome. The same Alams who built mansions in UK, US, etc with the people's money while his people were dying in hospitals cos they have no money to pay bills, the schools lacked proper classrooms, students are learning under trees, etc. Meanwhile, the chief thief himself, Ibori, a common criminal, was made head of delegation of the Nigerian Olympic contigent to the last Olympics! cheesy what a shame! Imagine if the police man who arrested him in UK for credit card theft and for shop lifting was at that Olympic Games, and he was introduced to Ibori, imagone what his impression of Nigeria will be? If the head of our delegation is a common thief, then we all may as well be thieves. No wonder Nigerians are treated as such outside Nigeria.Yet the man who nailed him was crucified as enemy of 'progress'? O ma se o

I will understand if the yahoo-yahoo boys are rejoicing. I will totally understand if the drug couriers are rejoicing, but 'intelligent' folks on Nairaland, joining forces with the thieves in Naija to condemn Ribadu and rejoice at his presumed downfall? I cant even believe that some people can fall for the stupid reason that the PSC gave that he was sacked because he did not resume for work, what a foolish reason and whoever believes this is the reason, is so gullible. Ribadu's sack was published on saha reporters over a year ago, its part of a script and its being played well at the moment, but Im certain, this is not the end of the story.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by McKren(m): 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2008
People should stop miscontruing this Employer - Employee relation

Mike Okiro or the PSC are nobody's employers. The real employers of the Nigerian Police Force are the Nigerian people because they are funded by tax payers money or National revenue. We only have Okiro holding forth for us as leaders and if a member of the force disagrees with the Okiro he goes to the court of law which is the final arbitar chosen by all Nigerian people to resolves our differences.

Okiro and PSC simply disregarded court process, in a descent society if and when the court determines that Ribadu should not have been demoted or sacked, I hope that Mike Okiro and Parry Osayande are able to come to the conclusion that they have put political choice over laid down rules and are unable to continue in their seperate offices. (Anyway nobody resigns in Nigeria . . . .they wont have the decency to do that.)

By the way talking about why Ribadu did not report to work. The man was assigned to work as a DCP, he is challenging that rank in the court and someone is suggesting he should pre-empt court process and accept the posting.

Meanwhile Ribadu is not the first to take the force to court

Nigeria: Supreme Court Reinstates Dismissed Army Officer
Ise-Oluwa Ige
8 December 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email|Print|Comment
Share this on:
    TEN years after he was dismissed from service with his rank reduced over allegation of illegal possession of controlled firearms, the Supreme Court, last Friday, ordered the Nigerian Army to reinstate Major Jacob Iyela with immediate effect.

The apex court also ordered the authourities of the Nigerian Army to restore his rank and pay the senior military officer all his accumulated salaries and other entitlements. The judgment reinstating the military officer was unanimous.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200812080360.html

Even Mike Okiro is on record to have been promoted from CP to DIG without being first appointed AIG. It is also on record that the President on assuming power ordered that Former IG Ehindero hand over to most senior officer only to change within 24hrs to skip the most senior officer and hand IGP to Mike Okiro.
So no need for misinformation guys

Our fathers may have failed us, but I think we still owe our children a duty not to fail them. All this propaganda and endorsing a situation where the whole mechanism of Government is hijacked by a man of questionable character wont lead us anywhere.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by muhsin(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2008
Oh, I pity the dude. Too bad for him.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by proudly9ja(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2008
This guy later became Governor of a state in Nigeria and was made head of Nigeria's delegation to the last Olympic Games and this is the man at the head of all Ribadu's travails

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by jejelolatu(f): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2008
**yawnsss**
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by proudly9ja(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2008
contd,

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by landis(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2008
Ribadu thought he was clever but now in played well into their hands.

He has now being treated the way he treated others.It is simple fact of life.

Ribadu finished himself:

THISDAY gathered from a source close to the PSC that Ribadu was not sacked for going to court, but for going “AWOL” (absent without official leave).
“The PSC did not recommend for his (Ribadu’s) sack because he went to court. If we did that, that would have amounted to contempt of court. He was dismissed for abandoning his duty post in total disregard of the Police Act,” the source said.
The source noted that although Ribadu had gone to court, there was no injunction from the court barring the Nigeria Police Force from posting him, stopping him from going to work or appearing before the disciplinary committee that was constituted by the police high command.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Echidime(m): 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2008
Ribadu is not Nigeria and not the only person fighting corruption
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by proudly9ja(m): 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2008
1992 - he was convicted for credit card fraud and theft

1999 - he became governor in one of Nigeria's oil rich states

2008 - he headed Nigeria's delegation to the Olympics

2008 - he is hailed for causing the downfall of Nuhu Ribadu, the guy who revealed his fraudulent acts

McKaren, thanks for your insightful post.
A man was demoted, he took the case to court and you guys want him to preempt the courts by resuming work as a DSC?

Its same as if you are demoted from SSS3 to SSS1 and you challenge the principal in court, will you resume in SSS1 before the court comes out with a decision?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears / Niger Delta Militants Withdraw Quit Notice To Northerners, Yoruba / Billions Spent On Dredging River Niger Haven’t Yielded No Fruits — Boss Mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.