Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18874 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2008
why don't you ask ribadu to give you the numbers of voting machines that were distributed during the last election? gbam
and you would see how quick he would run
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by OBVIOUS(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2008
The looting of OBJ and his cohort makes Abacha look like God sent!!

Woorrd!!!!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by PAPABOMBOY: 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2008
Soundin just like a politician--lol.

Question again--mention "one" person wey go after awa corrupt leaders with RESULTS like Ribadu and you go see why them hurry comot am from office.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by PAPABOMBOY: 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2008
Even 19 boys dey fear dat time
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by dayokanu(m): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2008
But since the very day u register on Nairaland, u only contribute in Ribadu case. I have noticed u for quite a long time. That was y, I told u ealier that u might perharps be James Ibori or somebody related to him when u had only 20something post against ur name

This is a lie.

Because cre8tivity was my antagonist on the Dapolam for rep thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176871.288.html

@Tharma,

We had ethnic cleansing in Odi and Zaki biam during OBJ, we had a lot of politically motivated murders, we had numerous riots during OBJ's regime.  

For saying the above I might be the next one who probably benefitted from Ibori or even called a governors son
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by MaiSuya(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2008
what a sad day for Nigeria. Poor RIbadau    cry cry
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by tharma(f): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2008
dayokanu:

This is a lie.

Because cre8tivity was my antagonist on the Dapolam for rep thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176871.288.html

@Tharma,

We had ethnic cleansing in Odi and Zaki biam during OBJ, we had a lot of politically motivated murders, we had numerous riots during OBJ's regime.  

For saying the above I might be the next one who probably benefitted from Ibori or even called a governors son

Tha DapoLam thread no be very recent thread. that was after he become addicted to Nairaland. But Im telling u, I was following him for long time. He was the one who motivated me to register on this forum. Normally I just read responses, but seing how he was deternmined to proof how Ribadu was a crooked from his first thread on this forum and his posts, thats what motivated me to register
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by texazzpete(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2008
This has degenerated into a farce

Here's a question i want everyone to answer

If a Genie appears here and asks you if you can bet your life that Ribadu is innocent of all the charges of corruption brought against him, what would you answer?

Because the way some people here are defending the man stridently, you'd think they had access to God's files in Heaven detailing Ribadu's innocence of every charge of corruption.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2008
If a Genie appears here and asks you if you can bet your life that Ribadu is innocent of all the charges of corruption brought against him, what would you answer?
a great question. i look forward to reading bunch of answers.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Pataki: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2008
I weep for Nigeria seriously.

This has turned to a cabal of forces whose nest should never be disturbed.

Oh well Ribadu, you have now learnt this life has another side. If you reflect back on when you were there, is there anything you would have wanted to do right?

I guess so. . . . .
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by BOSS7: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2008
PAPABOMBOY :

Even 19 boys dey fear that time

"PAPABOMBOY"

I love that ur name, lol, sorry people for the digression.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Tonim(f): 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2008
texazzpete:

This has degenerated into a farce

Here's a question i want everyone to answer

What charges of corruption have been brought against Ribadu ? What are you talking about  undecided

B.O.S.S.:

"PAPABOMBOY"

I love that ur name, lol, sorry people for the digression.

Yes, I like the name too  grin
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by texazzpete(m): 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2008
One more thing

Ribadu announced to the world in the national newspapers of Nigeria that he had been an assassination target.
Yet not one of you loyalists found it strange that the man did not make a report to the police on the matter. In fact, the first the police heard about it was in the Nigerian dailies.

Naturally, he also failed to provide photos of the bullet scarred vehicle he was in when the purported attempt on his life was made

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/report/detail/?id=651

The bullets which shattered the back seat side windshield and the rear windshield however missed the target: Ribadu.

Efforts to get details of the attack did not yield much result as sources close to the embattled police officer hinted that letting out a vivid description of the attack may end up glorifying the plotters.

The part i highlighted in bold is the most convenient piece of bullcrap ever.

I'm going to take names of y'all who insist the guy is a saint and I will enjoy watching your reactions as the skeletons in his closet are exposed.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2008
texazzpete, i think i have an answer: this is an answer from a typical nigerian mind.

oh well, you know, uhm, you see, ribadu tried his best. he may not be clean, but he tried his best. ah, ehn, at least selective justice is better than nothing.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Tonim(f): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2008
texazzpete:

One more thing

Ribadu announced to the world in the national newspapers of Nigeria that he had been an assassination target.
Yet not one of you loyalists found it strange that the man did not make a report to the police on the matter. In fact, the first the police heard about it was in the Nigerian dailies.

How can he report it to the police when they are the same ones persecuting him  undecided

Did the police keep Bola Ige (attorney general at the time) and Funsho Williams from being assassinated ?

Your question is nothing short of redundant
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by elnaf(m): 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2008
[quote][/quote][/size]
when you intentionally don't show up at work, could someone please tell what usually happens?
look, i'm not trying to support any illegal action of this administration, but nigerians must support doing the right thing correctly, regardless of the matter. [size=8pt]

What kind of a Dummy are you? do you think he refues returning to office for no apparent reason?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by maxell(f): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2008
texazzpete:

One more thing

Naturally, he also failed to provide photos of the bullet scarred vehicle he was in when the purported attempt on his life was made

The bullets which shattered the back seat side windshield and the rear windshield however missed the target: Ribadu.

Efforts to get details of the attack did not yield much result as sources close to the embattled police officer hinted that letting out a vivid description of the attack may end up glorifying the plotters.

I'm going to take names of y'all who insist the guy is a saint and I will enjoy watching your reactions as the skeletons in his closet are exposed.

You mean he should have reported the assassination attempt to the same police that dragged him out of his graduation from NIPSS
and demoted him ? Next time, please, think before you type. Thanks.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Pataki: 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2008
texazzpete:

One more thing

Your ignorance is an idiotic affliction. How do you place the logic in your statement? An embattled police officer running to the police to help him out when they are the ones at the core of his persecutions?!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by MaiSuya(m): 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2008
Pataki:

Your ignorance is an idiotic affliction. How do you place the logic in your statement? An embattled police officer running to the police to help him out when they are the ones at the core of his persecutions?!

beautifully put. I really don't know what cre8tivity and texazzpete are getting at.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by tharma(f): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2008
texazzpete:

One more thing

Who will protect him? The same police officers guarding our banks? After all Nuhu Ribadu is running away from persecution of the police officers headed by Irresponsible General (IG)
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2008
Yahoo boys have taken over nairaland.

They have all come out swinging to celebrate Ribadu's demise.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Emilo(m): 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2008
Creativity i think u need to have ur brain examined cos i guess they are lossed,even if ribadu accepted promotion 4rm the president,and after d intimidation dished on him do u still think that is dismissal is justified.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by eleven(m): 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2008
This Ribadu issue has really exposed how backward we are as a people and why the hope of moving this country forward will continue to dim.

Sorry, I do not mean to sound insultive just stating facts. Some people have criticised this young man citing that his fight was selective- agreed, but they have not been able to exonerate the victims of this "selective fight" of corruption.

People sit in front of their computers in the convenience of their houses fighting corruption in Nairaland as if that is the right way of doing it. They do not appreciate the enormity of this monster that have KILLED and still KILLING so many people till this very moment and even tomorrow.

When are hospitals are not working its because some people have diverted the funds meant to make it work, when people die in accidents majority die as a result of bad roads all because of corruption.

Most of our corrupt politicians are old and yet are still stealing. A young man came and did his best and yet some ingrates hiding under the umbrella of free speech behind their laptops and PCs and the power of disagreement to argue rubbish without facts.

I challenge them to come out opening and fight this monster, its everywhere they don't need to ask me where and how, they should just look around themselves.

For me and my household, we support the guy die! infact we have just registered our names in the SAVE NUHU RIBADU CAMPAIGN online petition by SERAP (Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project) on this link: http://www.petitiononline.com/he4e6789/petition-sign.html?

The fools  angryhere think the fight is about Ribadu, he is just one man and cannot really do much but the IMPLICATION of his maltreatment we will definately suffer whether you are pro or anti Ribadu.

Its Xmas season again and Benin-Ore road is still bad killing innocent Nigerians everyday, I hope your Mike Okiro, Waziri Farida and Mike Aaandokaa (AGF) will help you! Nonsense! angry
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by chimolaski: 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2008
dats very gud 4 him.its also a lesson 2 his kind in our country dat does not think of 2mro.i am not sayin dat he did not do a gud job bt at a point he misfired nd became baised ,insulting and confused. gud lesson 4 mallam ribadu.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by oderemo(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2008
i had mixed feelings about the guy when he was first appointed. but when i listened to his interview on ben tv the other day my heart warmed  2 the man . but i personally do not appreciate selective justice he was championing during baba Ibo tenure. well  in politics you live and learn , Nigeria as a whole are not ready for someone like him. all we need is a single law , you embezzle money past or present  you go in the box , just like in china.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by idiopathic: 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2008
Thank you eleven. I am really indeed suprised that some nigerians despite what we have all endured on account of the massive corruption can still criticise Mallam Ribadu.
In Nigeria, we all dream of being a developed country over time but are we really ready to make the required sacrifice. I don't think so. We are hoping a messiah will suddenly come and make verthing right without paying our dues.
The enormity of corruption requires nothing short of an overhaul of the system. People like crea8tivity and her fellow criticise of Ribadu for not following due process have not been able to cite anyone who has done ore in the fight of corruption since our independence.
The repeatedly mouth the "rule of law" mantra, i challenge any of them to give an inatance when anyone has successfully been convicted of corruption in a nigerian court.  
This is really a very sad day for nigeria. We have been here before, in 1985 when people were celebrating Idiagbon's exodus, accusing him of being too strict. Today, we are still paying the price of embracing IBB.
When will nigerians learn?
Whether Ribadu dey or e no dey, one thing is clear to me - UMYA is a blessing to Nigeria - he will hasten the disintegration of that evil empire as presently constituted.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by BOSS7: 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2008
idiopathic:

Thank you eleven. I am really indeed suprised that some nigerians despite what we have all endured on account of the massive corruption can still criticise Mallam Ribadu.
In Nigeria, we all dream of being a developed country over time but are we really ready to make the required sacrifice. I don't think so. We are hoping a messiah will suddenly come and make verthing right without paying our dues.
The enormity of corruption requires nothing short of an overhaul of the system. People like crea8tivity and her fellow criticise of Ribadu for not following due process have not been able to cite anyone who has done ore in the fight of corruption since our independence.
The repeatedly mouth the "rule of law" mantra, i challenge any of them to give an inatance when anyone has successfully been convicted of corruption in a nigerian court. 
This is really a very sad day for nigeria. We have been here before, in 1985 when people were celebrating Idiagbon's exodus, accusing him of being too strict. Today, we are still paying the price of embracing IBB.
When will nigerians learn?
Whether Ribadu dey or e no dey, one thing is clear to me - UMYA is a blessing to Nigeria - he will hasten the disintegration of that evil empire as presently constituted.

Why did you spoil everything with that statement now?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2008
Devonraid (2 posts)

Deola007 (10 posts)

Chimolaski (8 post)

Why do I get the feeling some of this people are fictitous names enrolled by possibly creativity to make "his" warped view popular

Creativity = BigB1 = Stakeholder in corruption.

Texapetee = yahooboy (more business since the exit of Ribadu)

Chidicris = confused Nigerian, he has no benefit from corruption but simply does not know what he wants
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by BecomeRich: 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2008
In nigeria, when you take a thief to the police, we do not give our true address, if you dare give them. they would give the address to the thief to come and kill you.

more than 70% of the nigeria police would be in jail if they were in the USA police force. And that should tell everyone why the Yorubas want to leave the country.

We just want to be normal people. We just want to get away from the nigeria fraud. Please every nigerian support our move to leave you.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by baani(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
As a true Nigerian that i am i must express my fundamental right to speak,

i pity for the ex-chairman of the E.F.C.C ( so the dog catcher is now being chased by his captives), what can i say when its  only in a country like Nigeria that such craze can emerge from,

i must say that this is proof that our government is corrupt starting from our dearly beloved president and his other so called cabinet, now i cant give all discredit to the fed cos even Mr Ribadu cant  be completely clean, i believe that he has his own skeletons in his closet that d feds are aware ababoutnd want to get him down wit

but what if RiMr Ribadus as clean as white silk, what is his fate, i believe it is time for we Nigerian to make a stand on what affect us, lets not just look, and shout wt out acting, i believe its time d fed know that dis is no military system of government,

i weep bitterly cos finally we now know where our prob is from ( d fed) and they are bent on ripping us d masses to d last drain,

ITS TIME WE ACT, D DAYS OF SUFFERING AND SMILING SHOULD GO AND MUST GO

AT A TIME WHEN DIALOG SEEMS TO BE GOGOINGOWHERE, A CERTAIN LEVEL OF TRUE AGGRESSION  IS NECESSARY
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by fxmaxony(m): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2008
@all, If you believe that those charges against Ribadu are right in the pollice, you may be a neutral Nigerian, If you believe that Ribadu fought corruption without rule of Law, You may equally be an Unbiased Nigerian, but if you think that he is being which haunted indeed you are biased,

Lets Face the truth, Ribadu used corruption to fight corruption, He did the bid Of Chief Corrupt officer alias OBJ in seeking Political vendatta in the name of Fighting Corruption. Nigerians we are not kids, Some are sympatising with the Fight for corruption then bc Nigeria was so corrupt, But no amount of corruption is worth fighting above the law,

Ribadu Made himself the defense counsel of OBJ when ever corruption serachlight beamed on OBJ, tell me how he fought corruption,

Is corruption only Wiping Finance? what of abuse of Justice and rule of law. Cama must take it course, Simple
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by idiopathic: 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2008
Baami, i completely support your stance. But my brother, i think the pro-democracy activists are demoralised after their effort during the Abacha dictatorship was hijacked by these criminals.
Where were the OBJ's, Ibori's, Anenih's of this world when nigerians were paying the ultimate sacrifice fighting Abacha.
The persecution of Ribadu despite being popular and a champion to majority of nigerian masses further shows this so-called democractic government doesn't respect the electorates. They know they can remain in office without our votes. It is not suprising, they treat our concerns with contempt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerians Will See The Level Of Corruption In APC Government After 2019- Makarfi / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today / Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.