Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18839 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by software(m): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2008
may God forgive the Nig police and the FG, What has ribadu done? we accept the fact that he made some mistakes. but that is not enough to hunt him in such a manner. He shoul be respected for the little improvments he made regarding corruption, It is also a lesson for young chaps, Dont let someone use you and dumP U.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2008
f*cking nigerian politicians. all of them are thiefs including MR. president.
they are destroying ribadu.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by proudly9ja(m): 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2008
Well, Ribadu has been sacked, end of story (is it?). I wish him well and encourage him to keep fighting or run for his life, I weep for my beloved country.

At least maybe Okiro can get back to his main work now, which includes ridding our streets of armed robbers and thieves, by the way, Ive seen police men carrying guns in mufti, wasnt this wat Ribadu was sacked for? What is Okiro doing about them?

Also maybe the chief justice of the fedeartion ANACONDA, will get back to work instead of fighting for Ibori's release from the UK police.

And maybe, just maybe, Yaradua will realise he is too sick to rule Nigeria and hand over to a hail and hearty man/woman.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Moves: 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2008
miquest:

This might just be positive for Nigeria, Considering the fact that most people that where arrested by this man Ribadu, were anti-obj, i read about someone talking about the ibori's case, can someone also explain to me why during the obj tenure the most corrupt politician and governore who was also known for a few murders and the origianl starter of the militancy in the Niger-Delta area in the name of Mr Peter Odili was never and has never been arrested, if mr ribadu was such a saint he would have done sumtin about it, the thing with Nigeria is that we are to quick to jump to conclusions, this man disobeyed his superiors, he refused to report on duty to where he was posted, who those that and doesn't get fired with immediate effect, and you think all that should just be dropped, as for his demotion, he totally deserves it, how can an assistant commisioner of police be promoted to the rank of and AIG just like that, common Nigerians lets be reasonable, for me this governmebt has done the right thing in everyway to treat him and i believe the next stop would be obasanjo and his people, Watchout people, You'll sing praises for yaradua in no time,
Odili and all the other Govs had immunity, Ribadu did state that 31 of 36 where corrupt and would be dealt with upon the expiration of their term.After their term finished they took out court injunction barring EFCC for arresting them; upon the removal of the injunctions ribadu was no longer at EFCC , enters waziri files developed wings
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by uteh: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2008
I have a very very strong feeling that cre8tivity is either the wife, girlfriend or relative of one of these bastard corrupt nigerians that Ribadu brought to book (that is if she's truly female o) and if male, then he must be a 419 guy or yahooyahoo guy just like chidichris dayokanu, Therma.

Its obvious that cre8tivity's passionate hatred for Ribadu goes beyond the ordinary. Nigeria will never progress with people with such vindictiveness in them.

I feel so sorry for Akunyili. She has not learnt from what has happened to Ribadu, El-Rufai and Fani Kayode. The good name she has garnered will be rubbished by the end Yaradua's administration finish you see her to do their dirty job. GOD SAVE NIGERIA
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by uteh: 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2008
I have a very very strong feeling that cre8tivity is either the wife, girlfriend or relative of one of these bastard corrupt nigerians that Ribadu brought to book (that is if she's truly female o) and if male, then he must be a 419 guy or yahooyahoo guy just like chidichris dayokanu, Therma.

Its obvious that cre8tivity's passionate hatred for Ribadu goes beyond the ordinary.  Nigeria  will never progress with people with such vindictiveness in them.

I feel so sorry for Akunyili.  She has not learnt from what has happened to Ribadu, El-Rufai and Fani Kayode.  The good name she has garnered will be rubbished by the end of Yaradua's administration finish using her to do their dirty job.  GOD SAVE NIGERIA
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by maxsiollun: 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2008
Everyone is missing the point here. The corrupt politicians whom Ribadu prosecuted (especially James Ibori) engineered this whole charade to get Ribadu dismissed in order to halt their corruption trials. Yet people are happy that the politicians who steal from them have been victorious and have fired the man who is trying to stop them.

Ibori is a convicted felon who was convicted of theft in London before he became Delta State Governor. He had Ribadu fired in order to cover up his misdeeds.

http://maxsiollun./2008, t-james-ibori/

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by ssmallss(m): 4:10pm On Dec 24, 2008
Hello Everyone!,

'am quite new to this forum and I felt by all standards we need to be getting to the root source of the issues,

If CREATIVITY above feels things should go the right way, that truly is his or her opinion,

what I see here is that we are at it again Nigerians think they know too much, from yoruba quotes or proverbs to all sorts of fabrications to describe just a simple removal of an officer in the NPF, lets assume it was any normal officer, should the force condone insubordination? every system has rules, he should have know better at first when he accepted the office without the appropriate qualifications, and indeed bow out when his boss left.

This ofcourse doesn't nullify the fact that the country is run by cabals which u and I know will be there for a long while, what we should be reasoning now is how to get more hardworking and incorruptable persons like Nuhu, El-rufai, Dora, etc into such offices to face corruption in the face, lets see how many people they can push over!,

Cheers.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by edgecution(m): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2008
mike okiro was a lagos state police commissioner about 4 or 5 years ago. how come he became ig 4 years later? what year did ribadu joined police force? i think deputy commissioner rank is too low for him.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by festarch: 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2008
How hypocritical can many of us be? it wasn't long, I think about 18 months ago that we were( not me)  condemning EFCC and Obasanjo not even thinking about the positives they brought to Nigeria.

Although corruption is still rife in Nigeria especially in high offices but EFCC has been able to bring it down to some level and which was even acknowledged international hence Transparency International demoting Nigeria as the most corrupt country in the world.

Obasanjo might not be the best political leader in the world, but he was able to reform our financial sector, left Nigeria with sustainable growth, highest foreign reserves($60b) for a long time and growing middle class. Who could believe that any reputable international organisation would ever rate Nigeria as one of the least vulnerable countries to invest not alone naming Nigeria as the "least vulnerable". Well that's Merill Lynch did.

Obasanjo set up EFCC and Ribadu as the chairman has put Nigeria back on world,s stage as a country people should take seriously but what did we do as Nigerians? We attached political sentiments to tarnish the image the commission.

EFCC arrested certain people including Odili  and the one that disguise to escape from London, instead of Nigerians calling a spade a spade, they say it's bec Obaanjo hates these guys irrespective of the weighty evidence against them.

As for the handling of Ribadu, Ribadu might have answers to give too, who know but I do think the police and others involved lack people management skill and maturity.

As for EFCC as an institution, there's nothing wrong in removing or replacing Ribadu as the Chairman of EFCC as long as due process is followed but in his case it doesn't look like it was followed and that's why we have this mess! EFCC should be able to work effevtiveky and efficiently an organisation with or wothout Ribadu.

Lets just hope as our democracy continues to be sustained and let's also hope  we are quick to learn from our mistakes, make corrections and stick to it.

I love Nigeria.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Capone(m): 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2008
hinduism:

What do you expect when you vote terrorist muslims in power? OBJ is the greatest foul of our time, for allowing a muslim take over after him,so he did not see any one from his yoruba linage? if he can't trust Igbos?

@hinduism

Who the hell do you think you are trying to bring religious bias into our discussion here. Your brained must have had too much weed. You must be an ethnic chauvinist we don't need people like you here. Take your tribalistic and racist rantings somewhere else.

We only listen to voices of good reasoning here.

Is Ribadu not a Muslim? Is Balogun not a muslim? is Atiku not a muslim? is Saminu Turaki not a Muslim? What the hell are you talking about? What has religion got to do with what we are discussing here?

Please stop all that nonsense.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Allta(m): 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2008
YES, I CAN DIE FOR MY COUNTRY
& NO, I'M NOT ONE OF DEM KOLOTICIANS!!!
WHETHER NO ONE LIKES IT OR NOT, RELIGION HAS EFFECT ON KOLOTIKS

HOWEVER, NIGERIA IS NOT ONLY A MUSLIM COUNTRY, BUT ALSO A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY, AN IFA COUNTRY, AN ORISA COUNTRY, A CHRISTLAM COUNTRY, AN OGBONI COUNTRY, A FREEMANSORY COUNTRY, A GRAIL COUNTRY, AN AWO COUNTRY , just to mention a few.

Everyone in Naija has equal human right, part of which is liberty to be religious, and the liberty to choose the form of religion to practise. I hate it when we crucify people based on religion, and colour/tribe!

LET's GROW UP, THE WORLD HAS MOVED ON NOW , WE SHOULD TOO!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by oderemo(m): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2008
whatever your religion , your views/believes changes when you are in power . power is like alcohol it intoxicate more than religion which has very little to do with {kolotics}, my frd so pls grow up.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by santavista: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ post,

in my candid opinion,
the npf commission has not erred in any way with the action taken.
he (ribadu) was found guilty of all the counts and charges.
pride goes before a fall.
you can never be above the constitution that brought you to power.
obviously mr. nuhu went too far with the mantle as the anti corruption helmsman.
Chukwuemeka Chikelu resigned when the office he held was becoming uneasy.
two promotions in four months is gross irresponsibility by Obj.
life goes on.
nevertheless, the fg should have devised more mature ways of executing their action.
the manner and way it was carried out looks too personal especially for a man who has been able to acquire public sympathy frm both within and abroad.
wisdom is prfitable to direct.
lesson for all.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by onyekapray: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2008
It is so painful but we have to learn our lessons. Anybother who really wants to fight corruption must do it in a clean slate. Ribadu soilked his hands by playing to the gallery and he is paying dearly for it. My prayer is for God Almighty to salvage this country going into the doldrum
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by enemmo(f): 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2008
I really sympathize with Mr. Ribadu,But I guess we all have a lesson to learn from his travails.Doing the right thing is always good, but doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is not okay.Personally, I always felt he was kind of selective in his probes and all. He had good intentions but did it for the wrong reasons. He allowed himself to be used as a tool by an evil dictator.Am sure he 's sorry now, and am praying for God to be his strength, especially now. Merry xmas nairalanders
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by texazzpete(m): 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2008
One thought came to the fore in my mind.

We are all here talking about Ribadu's fight against corruption, and talking about how his decline is a bad sign for the 'younger generation'.
I wonder how many people here realise that corruption has already eaten deep into the fabric of this nation and that the younger generation are already more compromised by corruption than we know.

We all ought to be in the vanguard of the fight against corruption, no matter what our stance on Ribadu may be.
There's something wrong in people heaping so much praise on Ribadu when they have made no move themselves to counsel that Yahoo boy in the neighbourhood, to turn away in disgust from that fellow who's been skimming money from the office till, to roundly abuse the market woman that tries to adjust her scales when she sells meat, to report that fellow that sells fuel in Port Harcourt for N85 per litre to the DPR. . .

But we don't do this. We foolishly imagine that corruption in Nigeria is the exclusive province of the political elite, forgetting that it's the actions of the greedy school bursar, the roguish policemen on the roadside, the guy who tweaks his meter so he sells far less Kerosene that you paid for that affects the common man more. Such people will fall under the Radar of whatever EFCC boss there is. If we want to free Nigeria from corruption, stop looking to the Heavens and get out there and do something!

Just my 2 cents
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Muza(m): 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2008
He forgot that u can never be in power forever!
nothing is forever

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by zydo(m): 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2008
Mallam Ribadu was a fine officer never liked his methods but loved his confidence, he should have resigned the moment all these started then he would have left the stage a hero because nobody employs a cop who was FIRED. sorry ribadu
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by proudly9ja(m): 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2008
Do you guys think its time for us to start to do something for Naija rather just talk and argue?

I am in the process of raising a think tank of Naijas in UK. I think we should start from somewhere. This think tank will meet regularly (physically and via teleconferences) to discuss and pioneer projects in Nigeria. Such projects could be building boreholes in villages in Nigeria where it is needed, teaching at secondary schools for free (anytime we go home for holidays), medical doctors rendering their services for free at government hospitals, etc and as many ideas as possible. The forum will bring up these ideas and we will discuss on them and start acting.

The days of talking and arguing online is over. Its time we started doing something. Im tired of sitting down and doing nothing, I want to start doing something, please join me,
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by efeboy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2008
Some one summarised everything.

The YAHOO boys cool should be happy if they see Ribadu even die.   grin

Those who had and still have plans to display their corruption skills  cool, should be happy to see Ribadu resign or sacked.

Those who would love to see Nigeria wallow in corruption and all the stupidity sad and poverty cry that comes with it,

should be really enthiusiastic about Ribadu's sin.

The fact is that Nigeria will never be able to fight corruption because she herself is corruption. Her children, Her

citizens do enjoy corruption even though they do not admit it. And they like to remove the straw in a corruption

crusader's eye, even when they know that the corrupt are carrying big rafters in their greedy eyes.

I repeat

NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO FIGHT OUR MOTHER CORRUPTION.

People, wetin I wan talk to express my feelings. I no fit shout.  lipsrsealed
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Muza(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2008
efeboy:

Some one summarised everything.

The YAHOO boys cool should be happy if they see Ribadu even die. grin

Those who had and still have plans to display their corruption skills cool, should be happy to see Ribadu resign or sacked.

Those who would love to see Nigeria wallow in corruption and all the stupidity sad and poverty cry that comes with it,

should be really enthiusiastic about Ribadu's sin.

The fact is that Nigeria will never be able to fight corruption because she herself is corruption. Her children, Her

citizens do enjoy corruption even though they do not admit it. And they like to remove the straw in a corruption

crusader's eye, even when they know that the corrupt are carrying big rafters in their greedy eyes.

I repeat

NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO FIGHT OUR MOTHER CORRUPTION.

People, wetin I talk to express my feelings. I no fit shout. lipsrsealed
you need to rephrase that to ,MY grin
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by grade: 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2008
I need somebody to convince me that Nigeria is not a failed state.This is a good discouragement to any young person who still wants to offer his best to this country.Ribadu,take heart.You worked for the wrong country.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Muza(m): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2008
grade:

I need somebody to convince me that Nigeria is not a failed state.This is a good discouragement to any young person who still wants to offer his best to this country.Ribadu,take heart.You worked for the wrong country.

no he worked for the wrong person (ObJ) and wrong reasons grin
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Flancey: 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2008
His dismissal is a total show of shame that the Nigeria Police has been know for. It did not come as a surprise. But what amazes me is the way the President is going about his rule of Law. Yaradua is simply insane in allowing this to happen. Agreed, Ribadu is not a saint himself neither is he a sacred but we should allow the law to take its course giving the fact that the whole matter is in court already. This is a shame on Nigeria and the international community will only be laughing at Yardua's style of rule of law. We have a confused and numb president. Nigeria Pray!!!!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Allta(m): 10:27pm On Dec 24, 2008
Ode Remo
whatever your religion , your views/believes changes when you are in power . power is like alcohol it intoxicate more than religion which has very little to do with {kolotics}, my frd so please grow up.

I think you're the one to do a lot more growing up. In case you don't know, most of the renowed political forces of our generations infused some religious ideologies or certainly religious sense of speech into their politics.

72% of Americans say the president should have strong religious beliefs

Religion is a set of beliefs and practices that are determined by one's view of reality and the supernatural. Politics is the process by which groups make decisions. Because one's view of reality has a powerful effect on decision-making, the two realms are tightly intertwined in a number of ways.

Some of these ways include:

1. the political processes that occur within religious organizations, known as the organization's internal politics;
2. the effects of various religious beliefs and practices on civic processes, or the organization's external politics;
3. the effects of various secular political actions on religious organizations and people;
4. formal relationships between politics and religion, such as in the case of state religions or theocracies.

If Power intoxicates more than religion, my question to you my Olodo or sorry Ode , is that what about those in high authority in religious organisations? In case you don't know there is politics in Religion as well, so tell me, are those people always "powernocious"?

Thinking outside the box, consider various successful politicians of our time. Is it no surprise to see that most of their speeches and acts were motivated by their religious beliefs? Let's start with America - George Washington was baptised into the Church of England in 1765 and served on the Vestry.
", the Government of the United States , gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance. , May the children of the Stock of Abraham, who dwell in this land, continue to merit and enjoy the good will of the other Inhabitants; while every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and figtree, and there shall be none to make him afraid. May the father of all mercies scatter light and not darkness in our paths, and make us all in our several vocations useful here, and in his own due time and way everlastingly happy." This shows a man who is very passionate of religious tolerance and human equality of rights.

Let me save you some time and skip all the way to Abraham Lincoln - one of the greatest American presidents in case you don't know ,
"As Lincoln matured, and especially during his term as president, the idea of a divine will somehow interacting with human affairs more and more influenced his public expressions. On a personal level, the death of his son Willie in February 1862 may have caused Lincoln to look towards religion for answers and solace.[70] After Willie’s death, in the summer or early fall of 1862, Lincoln attempted to put on paper his private musings on why, from a divine standpoint, the severity of the war was necessary:

The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time. In the present civil war it is quite possible that God's purpose is something different from the purpose of either party—and yet the human instrumentalities, working just as they do, are of the best adaptation to effect his purpose. I am almost ready to say this is probably true—that God wills this contest, and wills that it shall not end yet. By his mere quiet power, on the minds of the now contestants, He could have either saved or destroyed the Union without a human contest. Yet the contest began. And having begun He could give the final victory to either side any day. Yet the contest proceeds.[71]
"

Not to mention of the likes of Martin Luther King, even Gandhi was influenced by his religious ideologies:

"Not having shown a particular interest in religion before, he read works of and about Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and other religions."

"Gandhi was born a Hindu and practised Hinduism all his life, deriving most of his principles from Hinduism. As a common Hindu, he believed all religions to be equal, and rejected all efforts to convert him to a different faith. He was an avid theologian and read extensively about all major religions. He had the following to say about Hinduism:

"Hinduism as I know it entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being, When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and when I see not one ray of light on the horizon, I turn to the Bhagavad Gita, and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. My life has been full of tragedies and if they have not left any visible and indelible effect on me, I owe it to the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita."
"

My friend, the list goes on and on , even to bring this home to Naija , most of the successful politicians in Naija, please go and check their religious beliefs and ideologies, most of our top influential leaders respect religion and take it seriously, most of these stood for religious equality, that's the way forward. And or not to forget to remind you, I'm grown up already, maybe you should too!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Muza(m): 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2008
Allta:

Ode Remo
I think you're the one to do a lot more growing up. In case you don't know, most of the renowed political forces of our generations infused some religious ideologies or certainly religious sense of speech into their politics.

72% of Americans say the president should have strong religious beliefs

If Power intoxicates more than religion, my question to you my Olodo or sorry Ode , is that what about those in high authority in religious organisations? In case you don't know there is politics in Religion as well, so tell me, are those people always "powernocious"?

Thinking outside the box, consider various successful politicians of our time. Is it no surprise to see that most of their speeches and acts were motivated by their religious beliefs? Let's start with America - George Washington was baptised into the Church of England in 1765 and served on the Vestry.
", the Government of the United States , gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance. , May the children of the Stock of Abraham, who dwell in this land, continue to merit and enjoy the good will of the other Inhabitants; while every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and figtree, and there shall be none to make him afraid. May the father of all mercies scatter light and not darkness in our paths, and make us all in our several vocations useful here, and in his own due time and way everlastingly happy." This shows a man who is very passionate of religious tolerance and human equality of rights.

Let me save you some time and skip all the way to Abraham Lincoln - one of the greatest American presidents in case you don't know ,
"As Lincoln matured, and especially during his term as president, the idea of a divine will somehow interacting with human affairs more and more influenced his public expressions. On a personal level, the death of his son Willie in February 1862 may have caused Lincoln to look towards religion for answers and solace.[70] After Willie’s death, in the summer or early fall of 1862, Lincoln attempted to put on paper his private musings on why, from a divine standpoint, the severity of the war was necessary:

The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time. In the present civil war it is quite possible that God's purpose is something different from the purpose of either party—and yet the human instrumentalities, working just as they do, are of the best adaptation to effect his purpose. I am almost ready to say this is probably true—that God wills this contest, and wills that it shall not end yet. By his mere quiet power, on the minds of the now contestants, He could have either saved or destroyed the Union without a human contest. Yet the contest began. And having begun He could give the final victory to either side any day. Yet the contest proceeds.[71]
"

Not to mention of the likes of Martin Luther King, even Gandhi was influenced by his religious ideologies:

"Not having shown a particular interest in religion before, he read works of and about Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and other religions."

"Gandhi was born a Hindu and practised Hinduism all his life, deriving most of his principles from Hinduism. As a common Hindu, he believed all religions to be equal, and rejected all efforts to convert him to a different faith. He was an avid theologian and read extensively about all major religions. He had the following to say about Hinduism:

"Hinduism as I know it entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being, When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and when I see not one ray of light on the horizon, I turn to the Bhagavad Gita, and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. My life has been full of tragedies and if they have not left any visible and indelible effect on me, I owe it to the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita."
"

My friend, the list goes on and on , even to bring this home to Naija , most of the successful politicians in Naija, please go and check their religious beliefs and ideologies, most of our top influential leaders respect religion and take it seriously, most of these stood for religious equality, that's the way forward. And or not to forget to remind you, I'm grown up already, maybe you should too!

guy u get time o,
who do u think will read all this crap? grin
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Allta(m): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ Muza
Sorry about the long post, sometimes it's needed to drive home points for some of us who don't do their homework properly and then sort after the means of self "pinching" others.

The bottom line of my post is that, most of the successful leaders of this world were influenced by religion in one form or the other. And it's been widely accepted that these religiously grown ideologies influenced some of their acts and public speech. Even the latest Barack Obama have shown us!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Muza(m): 10:50pm On Dec 24, 2008
Allta:

@ Muza
Sorry about the long post, sometimes it's needed to drive home points for some of us who don't do their homework properly and then sort after the means of self "pinching" others.

The bottom line of my post is that, most of the successful leaders of this world were influenced by religion in one form or the other. And it's been widely accepted that these religiously grown ideologies influenced some of their acts and public speech. Even the latest Barack Obama have shown us!

better,
i can read this now.

yeah,true talk
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Dede1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 24, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu is the replica of everything wrong with the jungle called Nigeria. I am flabbergasted when few folks on this forum in attempt to defend Ribadu subject Okiro to sarcastic joke about combating crime on the streets of the Nigeria. However, they forgot that this moribund Nigerian police officer in Ribadu has never arrested drunken public nuisance either as desk officer or the chairman of EFCC. I am still questioning the grounds of his promotion to DCP. The evidence so far suggested that Nuhu Ribadu should occupy the rank of SP (Superintendent of Police). If Ribadu did not come from a certain ethnic, his name and police career would not have taken this much of the cyber space.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Muza(m): 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2008
Dede1:

Nuhu Ribadu is the replica of everything wrong with the jungle called Nigeria. I am flabbergasted when few folks on this forum in attempt to defend Ribadu subject Okiro to sarcastic joke about combating crime on the streets of the Nigeria. However, they forgot that this moribund Nigerian police officer in Ribadu has never arrested drunken public nuisance either as desk officer or the chairman of EFCC. I am still questioning the grounds of his promotion to DCP. The evidence so far suggested that Nuhu Ribadu should occupy the rank of SP (Superintendent of Police). If Ribadu did not come from a certain ethnic, his name and police career would not have taken this much of the cyber space.

i thought u had sense,i even agreed wit wat u said until i read that part,then i knew u were a foolish bigot grin
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Dede1(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2008
Muza:

i thought u had sense,i even agreed wit what u said until i read that part,then i knew u were a foolish bigot grin

I shall ignore your bigotry ranting for now. Please reason along the line of your brain not your anus and posit the reason why Ribadu’s mates, who are SP or DCP, are vocal opponents to the insidious promotion of the favorite son.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Some Brainy Quotes By Obasanjo / IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation / Gov Ododo Didn’t Shield Yahaya Bello From Arrest – Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.