Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18800 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by eleven(m): 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2008
Muza:

i thought u had sense,i even agreed wit what u said until i read that part,then i knew u were a foolish bigot grin

Muza you are really funny. grin
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by BOSS7: 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2008
eleven:

Muza you are really funny. grin

Muza is the funniest dude on Nairaland, I always look forward to reading his post.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Jairzinho(m): 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2008
The Hunter has become the hunted. Really sad indeed ! cry cry cry cry cry cry

Clear signal to all those who till harbour the illusion that Nigeria can still be salvaged. Take a cue from Okah(MEND),Atiku,Ibori & co: buy a house abroad,relocate your family,work hard to get a foreign passport & expend your energy and pent up anger aganst the Nig govt on the internet. grin grin grin
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Ruddyface(f): 12:24am On Dec 25, 2008
Those against Ribadu said he had selective justice, what they did not tell us is: who amongst the people he selectively 'witch hunted' was clean as it were?

What is wrong with us in Nigeria? Which young man would want to work for Nigeria again with all his heart and strength?

When did it become a crime to receive rapid promotion, don't we all pray for it? Didn't Maj Gen Shehu Musa Yar'adua benefit from same? What about Gen Murtala Mohammed, Gen Yakubu Gowon, Lt Gen T.Y Danjuma and Dr Pat Utomi?

Why should Ribadu's own be different? [b]Augustus Aikhomu was even promoted after he had retired from the force![/b]No one saw that as an anomaly but this young and dynamic Ribadu whose grand father had served this country meritoriously?

I cry for Nigeria. cry cry
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 25, 2008
have a look at this, this is synonymous to what is happeing to ribadu

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Mamajama(m): 2:44am On Dec 25, 2008
Stop wasting your breath people. RIbadu will be reinstated, remember the litigation is still pending.

IF Yar A dull has any sense, he will be working behind the seen to get Ribadu back ASAP.

Ribadu is too powerful and remember rising tides moves all ships.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Muza(m): 3:30am On Dec 25, 2008
Mamajama:

Stop wasting your breath people. RIbadu will be reinstated, remember the litigation is still pending.

IF Yar A dull has any sense, he will be working behind the seen to get Ribadu back ASAP.

Ribadu is too powerful and remember rising tides moves all ships.

are u being sarcastic? grin

i rather it will be Ribadu that will be kneeling down asking for forgiveness for his sins.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Dale1(m): 5:21am On Dec 25, 2008
It is a sad day to be called a Nigerian! It will take another 3 generations (120 years) for any semblance of civilization to show up in that land. Just look at the responses on this board and you will understand! That is the next generation of the leaders if anyone is still wondering. It is hopelesss!! Don't be deceived, every generation here and there will have one or two shining lights that will show up but they will not be enough to effect change when majority of the people are NOT interested in positive change!
The leaders of Dubai, UK, US, Japan etc.are all chosen from the gene pool that populate those nations. The gene pool in current Nigeria needs at least 3 generations to clean out the inherent corruption that is plaguing them!! So am not at all surprised about the responses of some folk here who if given a chance in government will loot so much that they will make Babangida look like a saint!. They know themselves and soon, they will start to respond in not so surprising fashion to my post!
I do not regret my decision to leave Nigeria so many years ago even as a relatively well paid young man then. I have been blessed to live and work in Nigeria, UK and now for about 7 years in the US practicing my profession without one day lost. I thank God I left then and some of you should not even try to cast any stones because I'm too far away, I am a first class citizen here. I have never once as a black man with a foreign accent beg for whatt belongs to me. NOT ONCE!!! Try that at "home'. Thank God my kids have a good life and I am well respected at work and in my community. And I am not the only one who feels like that. But in Nigeria, the government, not just the mafia Ribadu aggrieved , but the legitimate(??) govt is throwing stones and shooting at a man (I said a man, not an angel) who tried to give us a better name in the international standing of nations!!! What a shame!!
Good luck to you all. Merry Christmas!! To the thieves and their supporters and apologetics, continue to steal and plunder. To the patriots, more courage and Godspeed!! You lay on your bed the way you make it! That's all.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by davidif: 5:40am On Dec 25, 2008
This shows how stupid Nigeria is and how extremely incompetent the country is and for those unwise people saying that Ribadu was illegally promoted, you people have extremely low IQ's, the president promoted you to the top so that you could fight corruution, so you wanted him to decline the job. This country is filled with incredibly low IQ people
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by luka1981(m): 8:30am On Dec 25, 2008
i wonder if those people that critisize ribadu used exercise book to write when they were in school or they used the leave of a coconut,
rebadu remains the obam of nigeria, the moses of our generation, more two ribadus and nigeria will change imedietely.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by iukpe: 10:07am On Dec 25, 2008
Abeg, was Ribadu such a bad guy before he was picked for the job of EFCC boss?
Was he not a sound disciplined police officer with commendable records?

Why did all this wahala begin as soon as he left the job? why was he simply not tried in a law court for his conduct as EFCC boss. I am sure the police has the tools to prosecute any officer that goes against the rules of carrying out fair duty.

Why demotion, arrests etc etc and all this happening so fast.
We all know this country well unless we are pretending not to.
There is no smoke without fire.
If Ribadu runs for fear or to safety let us think twice about it.

Fowl we de run for daytime, somethin de pursue am-o!

Lets remember Kudirat - RIP, and NAFDAC boss escaping death for doing a great job.

Was the corruption uncovered twice in the Nigerian police by Ribadu staged?
Were all the Governors prosecuted during or after their tenure in the last administration wrongly accused?
Is there no more corruption in the Nigerian Police force as we speak?

I am asking because I do not know him before the EFCC job and all that has followed. He may have done some bad things but for being a pioneer boss of an agency that has made public officers for the first time in Nigeria to be committed to service to some better degree than ever known, I think my rating for him is still above 50%

If we had a weak non performer as first EFCC boss no one will have anything to remember.
What kind of message are we sending to upcoming EFCC bosses?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by olofofo(m): 10:35am On Dec 25, 2008
abeg shed no tears for Ribadu. when he was hunting down all obasanjo's Political enemies in the name of fighting corruption, did he not know that this day will come, does anyone remember the infamous list of people not eligible to vie for political office?

I for one will not lose sleep over this dismissal. it's good riddance to bad rubbish. turn the page of your newspaper, better stories on the next pages.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Muza(m): 11:49am On Dec 25, 2008
olofofo:

abeg shed no tears for Ribadu. when he was hunting down all obasanjo's Political enemies in the name of fighting corruption, did he not know that this day will come, does anyone remember the infamous list of people not eligible to vie for political office?

I for one will not lose sleep over this dismissal. it's good riddance to bad rubbish. turn the page of your newspaper, better stories on the next pages.
yeah ppl are so forgetful,
they have forgotten that in just 2007,
Ribadu decided who stands for election(selection) and who doesn't,
Intimidating candidates to step down for others, ask odili and the rest. . .
and its not like the ones he "cleared" we not corrupt.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by McKren(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2008
'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. - Ronald Reagan
Ibori and co will be defeated in the long run and the voice of reason will certainly prevail. All we need is for the Nigerian people to hope and work for their aspirations for a better tomorrow.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Jairzinho(m): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2008
Merry Christmas everyone.

The fact remains that our Lord Jesus Christ had accusers ! So ,some nitwits criticising Ribadu isn't really surprising.

The guy is a true Hero ! Who like all human beings has his failings .

I actually blame the guy(Ribadu) for having faith in Nigeria,when he was offered the UN post at the end of OBJ tenure he should have taken it with open arms.

A List of recently messed up(and about to be messed up) heroes :

Where has all the good work done by Oby-Ezekwesili did in Due Process,Education , Mines & Power, gone? But she was smart enough to relocate asap !

Okonjo-Iweala was transferred to Foreign Affairs while she was on an official trip as Finance Minister ! Equally smart enough not to hang around

Despite the universally acclaimed good work of El-Rufai(I agree he could have added some fineness),he has been declared 'wanted' shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked,while James Onanefe Ibori,OBJ,Atiku,Nnamani(not Ken),Orji kalu,Igbinedon,Odilli still move around unfettered! He was equally smart enough to relocate . . . .  . .

Believe me Soludo is next !

Until our thieving Emirs & their patrons are gotten rid of or change their ways . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . story !
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by ajilore1: 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2008
Let's not just talk. I wonder and honestly await a time when Nigerians will be objective and say a matter as it is not being too sentimental or prejudicial.

Ribadu deserves a national award and engraving of his name on Nigerian rock. He redeemed Nigeria's image by tackling corruption.

The question is this: "did Ribadu's victims really commit the said crime ?"
If your answer is yes, then he doesn't deserve any humiliation ,
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by otokx(m): 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2008
He should have reported in Benin, resumed his duty with much fanfare before disappearing. The fact is our courts are slow and even though he may win initially later it will be a tsunami. This guy should have done his Home work very well. You don't start a battle when you are unprepared to win a war.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by stnonymus(m): 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2008
Ribadu's persecution is no surprise to me neither should it be to Ribadu.Its the price one must pay for integrity.If Mandela suffered persecution then Ribadu can never be an exception. Ribadu's efforts have not gone to waste.Infact his detractors dont realise that they are shooting themselves in foot by persecuting Ribadu.They are giving Ribadu a lot of attention and one day a revolution will begin.Just you wait and see.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by otokx(m): 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2008
A revolution will not happen in Nigeria so better forget it.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 25, 2008
There is no Government. Just loot and go! Just protect your resources and territory from the looters!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by funwek(f): 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2008
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police!
gush was stupefied when i heard the news, am on Ribadu's side & would tell him not to let the fire quench. As Martin Luther would say, "a man that has not found something to die for is not fi to live". cool
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by jacobs123(m): 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2008
It is interesting to see the posts about Ribadu and for me one of the inferences I can make is that our low quality education has actually done a lot of damage to our intelligence. The type of education where all that matters is the answer, no need for deep probing and the copy and paste mentality we have acquired will do us no good.

So I will ask some probing questions like others have done and hopeful creativity and other goons like her(if she truly is a she) can have time to think?

1. how many Nigerians have died on the bad roads that we have despite billions being appropriated for their repairs?
2. how many Nigerians have died from plane crashes due to the poor infrastructure in that sector due to corruption?
3. When was the last time you went to a public hospital and how many lives are being lost daily in our hospitals due to poor infrastructure and fake drugs all traceable to corruption?
4. Have you been to any of the government schools that produced some of the best and brightest minds in this nation and see if anything close to education can be attributed to these buildings? is it because enough money was not voted to education and if enough was not voted can we account for the ones that have been voted and spent?
5. Why can't we observe five minutes of 240v power supply for all the few places (at same time) that have access to the national grid and does it have anything to do with corruption?
6. Why has the money become the god we worship in this nation and crave for sudden wealth the pastime of most adults?
7. how come we have turn around maintenances (TAM) every time in our refineries but the refineries never work?
8. How come there's so much display of obscene wealth around us without a corresponding increase in economic development/activities?
9. How come there's abject poverty and our nation has suddenly become the poster nation for poverty and disease?

One of the things education can do is bring about good change. For people like creativity who will celebrate Obama's presidency but scorn change in their fatherland, let me educate you a little. Without white Americans, Obama would never have become president and they voted inspite of deep seated prejudices because they were educated and could understand his message and the need for change. if it was NIGERIA, once the Iboris and OBJs of this world dictate to the press who should be president, creativity and others simply fall in line!
Many people think we have bad leaders just because elections are rigged. The truth is that even though elections are rigged, our low intelligence will never allow for change. Can anyone think of CREATIVITY and her friends voting for a PAT Utomi instead of UMORU Yar Adua?

Back to our drift, Corruption is the greatest attack that has been launched against the people of this nation and when you want to fight such a problem you have to be ruthless even if it means trampling on the rule of law. That is what every nation does when it confronts such a monster that threatens the very existence of a nation from biblical times till now. There was the young man that killed his fellow Israelite and his Moabite "girlfriend" by driving a spear into them when God was angry with Israel. Adultery with the moabites was a major reason God killed many of the Israelites at that time. In this our time Britain, U.S., Spain and other countries have all done things that you would simply have to pinch yourself if you go strictly by the rule of law.

Now Ribadu is being accused of being anti-rule of law and selectivity. My response to those fanatics of rule of law is to go to the various prisons we have in this country. there are people who have been detained without being charged to court for several years please use rule of law and fight of them and then we can be honest about this rule of law.
For those who cry out that Ribadu was selective, why has the police not arrested all the armed robbers in Nigeria and why can't don't armed robbers accuse them of selectivity or better still the next time a Police man stops you at a check point, simply drive off and ask him why didn't he stop the car before you?

I think if the truth must be told. Ribadu was not perfect but he sent out an unmistakable message that corruption is not acceptable and now the perverts and the corrupts are sending out their unmistakable message and Mrs. Waziri understands them perfectly.

I must however add that it beats my imagination when ordinary Nigerians talk about the punishment of Ribadu being justified because he did not practice rule of law. My question to these Nigerians is what have you or your family gained from this rule of law or is it just the rich that should benefit from rule of law. what message are we sending out to our Children. Will it not make sense if Ribadu is being tried for working against rule of law and Chimaroke Nnamani and Ibori are being tried for their corrupt activities?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2008
prof jacobs or whatever you call yourself, you sound like you're the first in your family to attend university. please, give me a break, you haven't done anything, but wrote up a story just like another unmindful nigerian newspaper journalist wannabe. may be now is the right time to take your own advise and deeply think before abusing your keyboard.
we are not supporting the ex governors, they can all go straight to hell. the point here is: we can not do the right thing using wrong or illegal technique. we can not divide our laws into different pieces to accommodate our super heroes. we can not judge an individual performance without clearly understanding the intentions of this person. we can not disobey the rule of land just because we feel that we've done so much for the country. as police officers, we can not disrespect the rules and regulations of the force just because we feel too special.
ribadu has been invited since september to answer few questions to clarify things, it's december, the man still hasn't made himself available.
ribadu was posted for duty since the beginning of november, it's december, the man hasn't shown up.
ribadu took the fg/npf to court, eventhough he knew it was illegal and clearly against the rules and regulations.

so, how could you accurately judge his performance when we still don't know what really went down during his era? just in case you did not know, el-rufai worked very closely  with ribadu. it is now confirmed that el-rufai has also joined his friend, by using education as an excuse for not making himself available to answer how almost ₦400B disappeared. the difference between these crooks and the ex governors are not much, if you ask me.
just because people are dieing on our roads and planes are dropping from the sky doesn't mean we should allow certain people to operate in which ever way they desire. this type of mentality would only further multiply our troubles by a very large number. nobody is above the law and all human kind in nigeria should be treated equally regardless of the state of things. this is the only way out of darkness, and i expect sensible nigerians to at least encourage ribadu not to dig up his own grave by doing things accordingly.
it is true that everyone is supposed innocent until having been declared guilty in the court of law, but your super model "ribadu" isn't even taking the chance to be proven guilty. i guess it's damn too risky for him to make that move.
may be nigeria will go somewhere some day, as soon as we start thinking with our heads and not with our feet, prof jacobs!

again, i do not think asking ribadu to report for questioning by efcc  or report for work is too much to ask any great citizen of nigeria. don't you think?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2008
Creativity

Could you please explain why you are more interested in Ribadu's legacy than Waziri's performance. Why have you not openned so many threads either for or against Waziri's performance. She is the current EFCC boss not Ribadu.

Waziri's current work is more pivotal to the lives of Nigerian people. Why are u not giving it much attention

Please dont duck my question, I know you are a veteran of ducking difficult questions
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2008
honest answer:
1.at the moment, i do not know much about waziri.
2.it's too early to accurately criticize waziri.
3.ribadu wouldn't go away, therefore they will continue to use him as the reason for their failure
finally, waziri will be brought down if she steps on the rule of law. if you do not believe me, please test me.

a country that has no law has no criminal, therefore, our laws must be obeyed by everyone of us at all time. this is the first step out of darkness.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by chidichris(m): 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2008
So I will ask some probing questions like others have done and hopeful creativity and other goons like her(if she truly is a she) can have time to think?

1. how many Nigerians have died on the bad roads that we have despite billions being appropriated for their repairs?
2. how many Nigerians have died from plane crashes due to the poor infrastructure in that sector due to corruption?
3. When was the last time you went to a public hospital and how many lives are being lost daily in our hospitals due to poor infrastructure and fake drugs all traceable to corruption?
4. Have you been to any of the government schools that produced some of the best and brightest minds in this nation and see if anything close to education can be attributed to these buildings? is it because enough money was not voted to education and if enough was not voted can we account for the ones that have been voted and spent?
5. Why can't we observe five minutes of 240v power supply for all the few places (at same time) that have access to the national grid and does it have anything to do with corruption?
6. Why has the money become the god we worship in this nation and crave for sudden wealth the pastime of most adults?
7. how come we have turn around maintenances (TAM) every time in our refineries but the refineries never work?
8. How come there's so much display of obscene wealth around us without a corresponding increase in economic development/activities?
9. How come there's abject poverty and our nation has suddenly become the poster nation for poverty and disease?[quote][/quote]

jacobs123,
some of us can be support for supporting sake. you have purposes and objectives in your post but if we would like to be fair and truthful to ourselves, look at nine of your probing questions once again and tell me which of these questions that has anything to do with orji uzor kalu, ibori, alams or any of the govs.
this is exactly what most nigerians are saying. our able ribadu left the object to pursue shadows.
orji uzor kalu openly condemed the idea of giving billions to tony annenih for roads and nothing happened on our roads and he was publicly decleared a criminal by efcc but achike udenwa the then imo state gov was the first to endorse the third term and today he is the minister of comerce and industries.
if you are for real, tell me how ribadu affected the lives of nigerians directly outside making names on the pages of of our papers.
don't you think that the problems of nigeria lies more in aso rock than in our states capitals?
i do not have any special interest in waziri but for her to bring bode george who ribadu told us was clean, borrishade who was the best minister, fani kayode who was obj's mouth piece and el rufai who was all and all, my dear nigeria has hope.
if we face a true situation, obj's regime was full of thugs like chris uba who over threw an elected gov and was rewarded by pdp with the post of bot, adedibu who never allowed people of oyo state to sleep for one day yet obj told youths to emulate his life and i want to tell you that ribadu, el rufai, andy uba, tonny annenih and their likes are no difference from the afore mentioned thugs.
obj told nigerians that the election was going to be a do or die affiars and all machineries were rolled out to make sure that it went his ways.
ribadu, el rufai and co including the late adedibu have a lot of explaination to make.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2008
cre8tivity:

honest answer:
1.at the moment, i do not know much about waziri.
2.it's too early to accurately criticize waziri.
3.ribadu wouldn't go away, therefore they will continue to use him as the reason for their failure
finally, waziri will be brought down if she steps on the rule of law. if you do not believe me, please test me.
a country that has no law has no criminal, therefore, our laws must be obeyed by everyone of us at all time. this is the first step out of darkness.

So is it fair to assume that you are of the opinnion that Waziri is implementing a sound "rule of law".

If that is the case probably we can begin to understand what you mean by rule of law giving that a man has just been fined for N3.5m for stealing N4.4b
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by linuxuser(m): 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2008
This is IBORI AND Yardua in Uniform. I weep for Nigeria.

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by igodieoh(m): 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2008
It is obvious that Mr President cannot say a word on this matter, the power of corruption, very strong, very popular, very rich in Nigeria,

The joke is how you hear the sequence on the street and see it being played out step for step in reality, real shameeeee for Naija. Some 9months ago, i was preaching EFCC to some expart colleagues, now where should i stick my head into ??

The international community will just stay on the sideline and watch us carefully before they rate us, embarassed
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by azorjiu(m): 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2008
It is only a fool that cannot see that the war against corruption is over.

Yar' Adua remains the most foolish president nigeria has ever had.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by aragbaboy: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2008
I expected OBJ to reach out to Yar'Adua and tell him to slow down on Ribadu. Am just imaging how he feels, seeing all what Ribadu is going through. I tire for naija, its a very funny place.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by lynxnoon(m): 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2008
Ribadu or no Ribadu, dis nation is reeking with full blown coruption
SHIKENA!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Criminals Planning Attacks On Airports, FG Alerts Security Agents / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare / MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.