Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18837 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by proudly9ja(m): 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2008
Echidime, who else is fighting corruption? pls name only one person
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Echidime(m): 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2008
@proudly9ja: We are all Nigerian and all fighting corruption. If you are not I AM
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2008
proudly9ja:

Echidime, who else is fighting corruption? please name only one person

farida waziri grin

Echidime:

@proudly9ja: We are all Nigerian and all fighting corruption. If you are not I AM

hope you aren't fighting corruption 'waziri' style

going by most of the posts here, i'd say we are defending corruption
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by IbrahimB: 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2008
@Landis

Good one.

If I went on AWOL; refused to report for duty, refused my Boss's invitation I would hardly be surprised if I received a sack letter.

The court case may continue and if the court finds he was wrongfully demoted the Police can make monetary compensation to him for that.

That's how it is: Dine with Obj and get your fingers burnt!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by McKren(m): 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2008
Proudly9ja

PSC is just posturing, everything they have as their bases of accusing Ribadu of insurbodination is intertwined with the court case.

How will he dress like a police officer since he did not know his rank? AIG or DCP?

How will he report to work in a rank he did not agree with?

The PSC is trying to buy legitimacy through the back door by suggesting he did not get any court injunction stopping his posting. Court advised everybody to stay action and that includes relating to Ribadu as a DCP or inviting him to the IG office for questioning on any police matter.

I think right now we should ignore the Ribadu affair and begin to ask how Ibori is able to teleguide the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Is he blackmailing the President or has he cast some spells on him. How is he able to secure his loyalty beyond immagination?
If we don't begin to look for answers to this question and Isolate Ibori as soon as possible we are in trouble. 2011 is very far and there is no reason to believe that at the rate we are going the winner of 2011 elections will not be declared in Ibori's parlour.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by loading2(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2008
when you intentionally don't show up at work, could someone please tell what usually happens?
look, i'm not trying to support any illegal action of this administration, but nigerians must support doing the right thing correctly, regardless of the matter.

I just knw this creativity will appear. I am sure that in one way or another Ribadu has stepped on your toes or or relatives toes. I feel you, but please for the sake of Nigeria. Be objective.

But come to think of it, what do you think will be going thru the minds of the new efcc boss ( if she wants to actually fight corruption?) who else will want to stick his her neck out for anything in this country? Are those who rip of their states and are enjoying the loot and using the same to pursue Ribadu the ones to be emulated or the Ribadu who chose to fight corruption (even if it was incorrectly). hmmmmmm Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by chidichris(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2008
ribadu from the unset to me served the same purpose with mustapha.
mustapha told nigerians the political drama that brought obj to power and was celebrated by viewers of oputa panel.
what happened to him at the end of the day? obj messed him up despite his vows to be loyal to his supperior which every military man must accept. by the way, mustapha shld have enjoyed more pity from us than ribadu based on the fact that he was compelled to do what he was doing.
we had 36 govs or more and how many were arrainged? and what happened to the others? odili is a free man till date because he was asked to drop his presidential ambition and support yar adua or face efcc.
marwa was given the same condition. this goes as far as proving that all our rulers have sinned and that the only way to pass the test of ribadu was to be loyal to obj.
look at the new efcc, a man as big as bode george who ribadu had in the past told nigerians that he is clean, look at borrishade, look at fani kayode. these are all federal criminals and close friends to obj but today face charges. ribadu owes nigerians a lot of explainations. this is the best time for him to tell us what happened then. he could have been under hostage of that admin. we are ready to hear him out. everybody knows who the real problem is and until something hooks him down, i will not believe in the pdp gimmicks.
ribadu in all his cases found his victims guilty in the media before taking them to court. one of his victims was telling a court that the funds in question was used to sponsor third term and ribadu said it is a lie. why?
atiku was comnfronted over some missing funds and a particular account and he said yes am on it with obj since 1999 andribadu said it is not through u are a criminal. how?
then what happened to atiku after the election till date. that was to show that it was all about election.
he was a tool and his powers made him the second in command in the last admin and we all know that.
ribadu was not building an institution that will continue when he must have left rather he was building an empire for his master.
look back to all those who endorsed the third term and tell me who among them that face ribadu or does it mean non of them is corrupt. unles ribadu gets bold and tell nigerians what really happened, i pray more problems for him
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2008
chidichris:

there is no way ribadu can be compared with al mustapaha, and you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking that

did ribadu torture any of obasanjo's percievd opponents/
did he oversee a daeth squad dedicated to elimination of obasanjos oppoents?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2008
chidichris:

mustapha told nigerians the political drama that brought obj to power and was celebrated by viewers of oputa panel.
what happened to him at the end of the day? obj messed him up despite his vows to be loyal to his supperior which every military man must accept. by the way, mustapha shld have enjoyed more pity from us than ribadu based on the fact that he was compelled to do what he was doing.
we had 36 govs or more and how many were arrainged? and what happened to the others? odili is a free man till date because he was asked to drop his presidential ambition and support yar adua or face efcc.
marwa was given the same condition. this goes as far as proving that all our rulers have sinned and that the only way to pass the test of ribadu was to be loyal to obj.
look at the new efcc, a man as big as bode george who ribadu had in the past told nigerians that he is clean, look at borrishade, look at fani kayode. these are all federal criminals and close friends to obj but today face charges. ribadu owes nigerians a lot of explainations. this is the best time for him to tell us what happened then. he could have been under hostage of that admin. we are ready to hear him out. everybody knows who the real problem is and until something hooks him down, i will not believe in the pdp gimmicks.
ribadu in all his cases found his victims guilty in the media before taking them to court. one of his victims was telling a court that the funds in question was used to sponsor third term and ribadu said it is a lie. why?
atiku was comnfronted over some missing funds and a particular account and he said yes am on it with obj since 1999 andribadu said it is not through u are a criminal. how?
then what happened to atiku after the election till date. that was to show that it was all about election.
he was a tool and his powers made him the second in command in the last admin and we all know that.
ribadu was not building an institution that will continue when he must have left rather he was building an empire for his master.
look back to all those who endorsed the third term and tell me who among them that face ribadu or does it mean non of them is corrupt. unles ribadu gets bold and tell nigerians what really happened, i pray more problems for him

Is this just me? or is there anyone out there who gets this guy?
Please if anyone does help us summarise.

When creativity, landis or muza speak you know clearly what they are for.

What is chidicris for?
I only know he is anti everything but not sure what he is for
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2008
such a confused fellow
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Pataki: 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2008
Sometimes the way NIgerians reason baffles me.
There's the mikeansy chap that goes around claiming that the only people critical of RIbadu are Yahoo boys.
Look, there's a difference between jubilating at someone's downfall and being critical of someone's conduct.
I have been one of the most strident anti-corruption and anti-Yahoo members of Nairaland since it's inception so i take extreme offense at the accusation this retard mikeansy is spouting.

My argument is clear. Ribadu has handled this matter badly. We always heard that a man of clear conscience fears no accusation, that an innocent man should fight to clear his name. But when i see a police officer with years of experience taking the battle to the pages of Nigerian newspapers only, then i wonder how clear the innocence is.

And just for the record, there's no indication that it the was the Police behind any purported assassination attempt, so the idea of him not reporting the issue to the Police, even if it is to elements sympathetic to his cause is quite funny.

NAturally people failed to answer my question, No one is willing to bet his life that Ribadu is entirely clean contrary to the allegations made against him. So if you harbor any iota of doubt why defend him roundly?

Oh, i forgot. This is Nigeria. Corruption is accepted as long as you do a managable job i.e Marwa of Lagos.

Mr Pataki, i'm not 'idiotic' as you put it. i'm merely cynical as most Nigerians are. Nigeria made me that way, i'm afraid.
Texazzpete,

Do you play chess? This game between Ribadu and the FG is like a game of chess.

1. His opponent removed him as the EFCC boss ( Attacking Move 1). Ribadu complied.

2. Sent him off for a course (Attacking Move 2). Ribadu complied.

3. He was demoted from his current position (Attacking Move 3) Ribadu complied.

4. He was arrested on the day of his graduation (Attacking Move 4!) Ribadu ran to the court (His own move of defense).

5. He was allegedly attacked meant as an assasination attempt (Attacking Move 5!) Ribadu ran to the news media

6. He was given a query and asked to report to the IG(Attacking Move 6!) Ribadu declined that move!

7. He was handed a dismissal letter. (Checkmate!)

Now I feel his decline to report to work was well justified. This is Nigeria, he can easily be set-up. The IG may lay accusations at him that while coming to report for duty, that he physically assaulted the IG and therefore he is seriously a potential threat to the nation.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by chidichris(m): 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2008
PSC is just posturing, everything they have as their bases of accusing Ribadu of insurbodination is intertwined with the court case.

How will he dress like a police officer since he did not know his rank? AIG or DCP?

How will he report to work in a rank he did not agree with?

The PSC is trying to buy legitimacy through the back door by suggesting he did not get any court injunction stopping his posting. Court advised everybody to stay action and that includes relating to Ribadu as a DCP or inviting him to the IG office for questioning on any police matter.

I think right now we should ignore the Ribadu affair and begin to ask how Ibori is able to teleguide the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Is he blackmailing the President or has he cast some spells on him. How is he able to secure his loyalty beyond immagination?
If we don't begin to look for answers to this question and Isolate Ibori as soon as possible we are in trouble. 2011 is very far and there is no reason to believe that at the rate we are going the winner of 2011 elections will not be declared in Ibori's parlour.[quote][/quote]

Mckren,
u said ribadu did not dress in police uniform bcs he does not know his post? so how many policemen in nigeria do not know their rank in the force?
u also ask how he will report to work on a rank he does not accept? what if obj was still in power and make him the ig, will he reject that? is ribadu surposed to be serving the interest of the police or the interest of obj? is he working under the lead down rules and regulations of the police or what?
appearing on a civil plain cloths makes his mind known and that is what he gets. he is now a civilian and has full right to take the police, nigeria and nigerians to court.
if he does not take time, that same law that he knows will end him up.
which constitution in nigeria made ribadu the second most powerful man in nigeria-it is neither the nigerian constitution nor the police constitution but obj's constitution.
have u ever taking time to look at how much nigeria lost in contracts between 1999 and 2007? do u know that non of the govs was involved in all the federal contracts yet nobody was nailed by ribadu on that.
if we must tell ourselves the truth, obj's admin recorded the highest level of corruption since the inception of nigeria military regime inclusive.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by kings4ril(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2008
REFRIGERATORS THAT WORK WITHOUT ELECTRICITY!!!

EAGLE REFRIGERATORS WORK WITH OR WITHOUT NEPA ELECTRICITY

Eagle Solar Refrigerators/freezers cool perfectly well with or without electricity. Designed and built using high level techology, Eagle Solar Refrigerators can be powered by:

1. Car Battery:
If you own a car battery then you can comfortably power your Eagle Solar Refrigerator with it.
Just the ordinary 12 volt car battery of about 90 amps and above will power the fridge quite well. Your Eagle Solar fridge has been designed to work directly with the car battery so NO
INVERTER is needed. The fridge has DC positive and negative terminals just like the battery terminals in your car. Simply connect these terminals to your car battery and the fridge will
start working perfectly. You can also use solar batteries. Depending on your cooling requirements,[and type of battery] the battery may last up to three days before needing a
recharge. It is advisable for you to buy a small domestic battery charger so that you can charge your battery automatically.

2. ONE SINGLE SOLAR PANEL
A single 80W solar panel will power your Eagle solar refrigerator very well. Again because of the advanced technology adopted in the production of Eagle Solar fridges, NO INVERTER is needed.
Just one single 80w panel connected to your battery ensures you perfect cooling. The solar panel gets electricity in the form of solar energy from the sun. This electricity generated by the
solar panel is stored in your battery. In the afternoon your Eagle Solar Refrigerator will be
using energy generated by the solar panel but in the night the fridge will be using the energy stored in the battery. This way you have 24-hour refrigeration. Most solar panels are guaranteed to last for 25 years so you can see the advantage of powering your Eagle Solar Refrigerator by solar if you can afford it. In this case you do not need NEPA or any generator.
Just your solar panel and battery!!!

3. VERY SMALL GENERATORS
The smallest generator in the market today will power your Eagle Solar Refrigerator very well.
No matter how small the generator is. For example, the smallest generator in the Nigerian market today, to the best of our knowledge is the Tiger brand which sells for about N9,000 (Nine thousand naira) This generator is commonly used by barbing salons and video rental shops and
small shops inside markets etc. This same small generator [jokingly referred to as I pass my neighbour) will power two Eagle Solar Refrigerators very well. This may seem unbelievable but then it is 100% true. Of course if you consider that the fridge is powered by an ordinary car battery you will understand that this very small Tiger generator and any other small generator will definitely power two of the refrigerators very comfortably and still allow you to make use
of your tv and a few other lighting points in your house.

4. PHCN Electricity
Of course if you have grid electricity [commonly called NEPA] you will also use it to power your Eagle Solar Refrigerator. This will give you the advantage of reducing your electricity bill.
Eagle Solar Refrigerators consume very little power. Therefore at the end of the month your electricity bill will be so low.

GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN YOU POWER YOUR REFRIGERATORS WITH ONLY NEPA. With Eagle Solar Refrigerators you now have more choices. Solar or Battery or Nepa or Small generators, the
choice is yours,

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by bomapraise: 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2008
This is the story                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             The Police Service Commission [PSC] has approved the dismissal of embattled former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC], Mallam Nuhu Ribadu from the Nigeria Police Force.

Suleiman Abbah, a Commissioner of police and Deputy Force Secretary, announced Ribadu’s dismissal at a press conference in Abuja on Tuesday, citing gross indiscipline, insubordination and absence from duty as major reasons for the action.

Abbah, who read a prepared statement on behalf of the Inspector General of police, Mike Okiro, expressed dismay that even as the police high command had been liberal with the former anti-graft czar in the face of glaring misconduct, he was unrepentant and chose to tread the path of indiscipline, confrontation and destruction never known before in the history of the Nigeria Police Force.

The police authorities found him guilty on eight charges, including improper dressing by appearing in plain clothes while on official courtesy visit to President Umaru Yar’Adua, institution of legal proceedings against the IGP, PSC, and the Federal Government of Nigeria, among others.
While noting that Ribadu’s whereabouts remained unknown to the police authorities since the completion of his course at the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies [NIPSS], Kuru, Plateau State, Abbah stressed that the conduct amounted to desertion, for which the penalty was arrest and arraignment in a law court.

A terse six-page statement entitled ‘Press Statement by the Office of the Force Secretary on Series of Acts of Indiscipline by DCP Nuhu Ribadu’ reads:
“You will recall that early in the year, DCP Nuhu Ribadu, by then an Assistant Inspector General of Police [AIG] was among six senior police officers nominated and sent on Senior Executive Course at NIPSS, Kuru –Jos.

Incidentally, while on course, because of various petitions on illegal and unauthorized promotions that were carried out without the consent of the Police Service Commission, the Commission had to have a look at the promotions, whereby 139 police officers who were wrongfully promoted, were reduced to their appropriate ranks. DCP Nuhu Ribadu happened to be one of those affected in this exercise.

Surprisingly, Mallam Ribadu took the path of indiscipline, confrontation and destruction never known before in the Force, forgetting that discipline is the bedrock upon which the Force rests. Unlike the path taken by his other colleagues whose promotions were also withdrawn and have been performing their duties without acrimony, he refused to accept his fate or seek redress of any perceived injustice in the appropriate manner.

Nuhu Ribadu’s case is not and has not been the only instance where officers have been reduced in rank in the history of the Nigeria Police Force, and hell was not let loose. His conduct is not only inimical to the enforcement of discipline in the Nigeria police, but it also created disharmony amongst officers and encouraged indiscipline among members of the Force. The following are some of the misconducts he embarked upon after his demotion:
• Improper dressing by appearing in plain clothes while on official courtesy visit to Mr. President on November 13, 2008, with other NIPSS course participants, contrary to rule 030301[k] of the Public Service Rules.

• Institution of legal proceedings against the IGP, AGF and the Police Service Commission on October 2, 2008, at the Federal High Court in Lagos. Such action without proper authority from Government is a conduct prejudicial to discipline, proper administration of the Force, and unbecoming of the officer, contrary to Sections 352 and 367 of the Police Act and against rules 030402 and 030301 of the Public Service Rules 2006.

• Institution of legal proceedings against EFCC and the Attorney General of the Federation contrary to Sections 352 and 367 of the Police Act and rules 030301 and 030402 of the Public Service Rules, 2006. His action was to forestall the directives given to him to meet with the request of the EFCC Chairman with regards to hand over to her, official documents in his possession. This amounts to disobedience to lawful order.

The officer flagrantly refused to obey the order and directives of the IGP to report to the office of the IGP on November 24, 2008, along with his NIPSS course mates at the completion of their studies. Similarly, the officer failed to obey the order and directives to the effect that he should report at my office on November 25, 2008, where he was to be advised to report to the Chairman of the EFCC as earlier directed, contrary to rules 030401 and 030301[m] of the Public Service Rules, 2006.
• The officer also instituted legal proceedings against the Federal Republic of Nigeria at the Community Court of Justice of ECOWAS, Abuja on December 2, 2008, contrary to Sections 352 and 367 of the Police Act.

• Furthermore, the officer disregarded his posting order and refused to proceed on transfer when he was posted to Zone 5 Benin as DCP in charge of Administration, since November 21, 2008, contrary to Sections 349, 348 and 347 of the Police Act, and rules 030301, 030401[e], 030413, 030402[w] and 030428 of the Public Service Rules, 2006.

• The officer also refused to avail himself of the opportunity given to defend himself of all the above charges before a Disciplinary Committee at its December 4, 2008 sitting in Kaduna. He similarly failed to report before the Committee when he was given another chance to appear at its December 12, 2008 sitting in Abuja.

• To date, the officer has neither reported back to police authorities at the completion of his course, nor has he complied with the directives to report at his new duty post. In short, the officer’s whereabouts has remained unknown, which amounts to desertion of the Police Force under Section 398 of the Police Act. In circumstances of desertion, the law provides that it is at the discretion of the Commissioner of police to arrest such a deserter and charge him to court.    

The obvious consequences of the serious misconduct committed by DCP Nuhu Ribadu as highlighted above tantamount to dismissal from service. Refusal to accept posting or report for duty is a very serious misconduct and may lead to dismissal in the Armed Forces and Police as such action is inimical to national security.

The Police Service Commission therefore met and considered the presentation made to it by the IGP on the recommendation of the Force Disciplinary Committee. At the end of deliberation, the Commission dismissed the officer from the Force for acts of gross indiscipline, insubordination and absence from duty, which are singularly and collectively acts punishable under rules 030401 of Public Service Rules 2006.
Do not forget that no single individual is more important that our national security.”

i think it is quite true.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by adewole30: 1:09pm On Dec 24, 2008
This is a national issue, Rabadu must be punished. He has made mistakes, especially for him to have accepted that promotion when he knows the rules and regulations behind it. I think his godfather Mr. Obasanjo should help him out.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2008
bomapraise:

This is the story                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             The Police Service Commission [PSC] has approved the dismissal of embattled former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC], Mallam Nuhu Ribadu from the Nigeria Police Force.

Suleiman Abbah, a Commissioner of police and Deputy Force Secretary, announced Ribadu’s dismissal at a press conference in Abuja on Tuesday, citing gross indiscipline, insubordination and absence from duty as major reasons for the action.

Abbah, who read a prepared statement on behalf of the Inspector General of police, Mike Okiro, expressed dismay that even as the police high command had been liberal with the former anti-graft czar in the face of glaring misconduct, he was unrepentant and chose to tread the path of indiscipline, confrontation and destruction never known before in the history of the Nigeria Police Force.

The police authorities found him guilty on eight charges, including improper dressing by appearing in plain clothes while on official courtesy visit to President Umaru Yar’Adua, institution of legal proceedings against the IGP, PSC, and the Federal Government of Nigeria, among others.
While noting that Ribadu’s whereabouts remained unknown to the police authorities since the completion of his course at the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies [NIPSS], Kuru, Plateau State, Abbah stressed that the conduct amounted to desertion, for which the penalty was arrest and arraignment in a law court.

A terse six-page statement entitled ‘Press Statement by the Office of the Force Secretary on Series of Acts of Indiscipline by DCP Nuhu Ribadu’ reads:
“You will recall that early in the year, DCP Nuhu Ribadu, by then an Assistant Inspector General of Police [AIG] was among six senior police officers nominated and sent on Senior Executive Course at NIPSS, Kuru –Jos.

Incidentally, while on course, because of various petitions on illegal and unauthorized promotions that were carried out without the consent of the Police Service Commission, the Commission had to have a look at the promotions, whereby 139 police officers who were wrongfully promoted, were reduced to their appropriate ranks. DCP Nuhu Ribadu happened to be one of those affected in this exercise.

Surprisingly, Mallam Ribadu took the path of indiscipline, confrontation and destruction never known before in the Force, forgetting that discipline is the bedrock upon which the Force rests. Unlike the path taken by his other colleagues whose promotions were also withdrawn and have been performing their duties without acrimony, he refused to accept his fate or seek redress of any perceived injustice in the appropriate manner.

Nuhu Ribadu’s case is not and has not been the only instance where officers have been reduced in rank in the history of the Nigeria Police Force, and hell was not let loose. His conduct is not only inimical to the enforcement of discipline in the Nigeria police, but it also created disharmony amongst officers and encouraged indiscipline among members of the Force. The following are some of the misconducts he embarked upon after his demotion:
• Improper dressing by appearing in plain clothes while on official courtesy visit to Mr. President on November 13, 2008, with other NIPSS course participants, contrary to rule 030301[k] of the Public Service Rules.

• Institution of legal proceedings against the IGP, AGF and the Police Service Commission on October 2, 2008, at the Federal High Court in Lagos. Such action without proper authority from Government is a conduct prejudicial to discipline, proper administration of the Force, and unbecoming of the officer, contrary to Sections 352 and 367 of the Police Act and against rules 030402 and 030301 of the Public Service Rules 2006.

• Institution of legal proceedings against EFCC and the Attorney General of the Federation contrary to Sections 352 and 367 of the Police Act and rules 030301 and 030402 of the Public Service Rules, 2006. His action was to forestall the directives given to him to meet with the request of the EFCC Chairman with regards to hand over to her, official documents in his possession. This amounts to disobedience to lawful order.

The officer flagrantly refused to obey the order and directives of the IGP to report to the office of the IGP on November 24, 2008, along with his NIPSS course mates at the completion of their studies. Similarly, the officer failed to obey the order and directives to the effect that he should report at my office on November 25, 2008, where he was to be advised to report to the Chairman of the EFCC as earlier directed, contrary to rules 030401 and 030301[m] of the Public Service Rules, 2006.
• The officer also instituted legal proceedings against the Federal Republic of Nigeria at the Community Court of Justice of ECOWAS, Abuja on December 2, 2008, contrary to Sections 352 and 367 of the Police Act.

• Furthermore, the officer disregarded his posting order and refused to proceed on transfer when he was posted to Zone 5 Benin as DCP in charge of Administration, since November 21, 2008, contrary to Sections 349, 348 and 347 of the Police Act, and rules 030301, 030401[e], 030413, 030402[w] and 030428 of the Public Service Rules, 2006.

• The officer also refused to avail himself of the opportunity given to defend himself of all the above charges before a Disciplinary Committee at its December 4, 2008 sitting in Kaduna. He similarly failed to report before the Committee when he was given another chance to appear at its December 12, 2008 sitting in Abuja.

• To date, the officer has neither reported back to police authorities at the completion of his course, nor has he complied with the directives to report at his new duty post. In short, the officer’s whereabouts has remained unknown, which amounts to desertion of the Police Force under Section 398 of the Police Act. In circumstances of desertion, the law provides that it is at the discretion of the Commissioner of police to arrest such a deserter and charge him to court.    

The obvious consequences of the serious misconduct committed by DCP Nuhu Ribadu as highlighted above tantamount to dismissal from service. Refusal to accept posting or report for duty is a very serious misconduct and may lead to dismissal in the Armed Forces and Police as such action is inimical to national security.

The Police Service Commission therefore met and considered the presentation made to it by the IGP on the recommendation of the Force Disciplinary Committee. At the end of deliberation, the Commission dismissed the officer from the Force for acts of gross indiscipline, insubordination and absence from duty, which are singularly and collectively acts punishable under rules 030401 of Public Service Rules 2006.
Do not forget that no single individual is more important that our national security.”

i think it is quite true.

these police men must be on weed - is it the same NPF of n20 policemen , extrajudicial killings, brazen corruption, psychotic bullion van drivers that are claiming that - indiscipline, confrontation and destruction never known before in the history of the Nigeria Police Force - /
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Moves: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2008
Hypocrites; who among us will be doubly promoted and will decline? Its all a plot; we are waiting and watching for the scene, as that is all we do in nigeria; siddon look
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by jejelolatu(f): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2008
**yawns again**
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by wrex001(m): 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2008
People lets not sweet tongue the circumstances surrounding Ribadu's dismissal from the NPF and face the fact. Yes He is been attacked for fighting corruption, but what stops him from reporting to his duty and serving thesame force that got him recognition to be appointed as the EFCC chairman Lets call a goat, GOAT! and a lamb LAMB. Ribadu's dismissal is a good judgement! How can one man see himself as bigger or greater than a National force What stops him from responding to his boss' invitation? what stops him from reporting to duty as an officer of the NPF if He is such a patriotic servent as he had brandish himself

my people, to caeser that which is His, and to Ribadu his own reward. He is the architect of his predicament let him face it!!!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by wrex001(m): 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2008
People lets not sweet tongue the circumstances surrounding Ribadu's dismissal from the NPF and face the fact. Yes He is been attacked for fighting corruption, but what stops him from reporting to his duty and serving thesame force that got him recognition to be appointed as the EFCC chairman Lets call a goat, GOAT! and a lamb LAMB. Ribadu's dismissal is a good judgement! How can one man see himself as bigger or greater than a National force What stops him from responding to his boss' invitation? what stops him from reporting to duty as an officer of the NPF if He is such a patriotic servent as he had brandish himself

my people, to caeser that which is His, and to Ribadu his own reward. He is the architect of his predicament let him face it!!!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Ollajay: 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2008
I am not suprised Ribadu is sacked. That was the game from the outset. He will soon be arrested for already dertermined reason. He stands to be jailed if not assasinated. But one thing is sure, I have been encouraged to work hard in pursuit of corruption. That is the only way it works in Nigeria.  

Then I ask, if the President as the commander-in-chief of the armed forces promotes an officer for outstanding performance, is the PSC competent to reverse the promotion. In any event, Ribadu's promotion was stagnant in the police for about 7 years. Promotion is normally done every 3 yrs.  Okiro, Late Solomon Amu-Giwa etc are example of officers who also benefitted from such promotion. Have thier promotions been reversed too?

Also, is police entitled to act on an issue that is already before the court? Is that rule of law? That is enough reason to sack and jail Okiro for contempt. It is more than insorbodination for which Ribadu is said to be sacked, it is an affront of the courts and the constitution of the land.

The mastermind of these of course, is the FG as represented by the hypocrite Yar Adua. He is merely using Okiro and the PSC.

Sacking Ribadu is not really any substantial personal loss to Ribadu. He saw it coming. He is a lawyer and can definitely make a suceess in legal practice. But he needs to fight the evil even at the risk or loss of his life, just like Martin Luther King and MKO Abiola.

Many tend to pint to persived flaws of Ribadu, he is not perfect, just like MLK or MKO were not perfect. But today, they are heroes.

I do not pity Ribadu, rather, I admire and respect him. He should continue to stand for his right. I will stand with him in whatever way I can. I wish him well.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by RibaduFan(m): 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2008
The whole saga is sending a very wrong message to the younger generations i.e fighting corruption can lead to dare consequences.

And for those supporting these devious acts, posterity would judge you.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Capone(m): 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2008
abeeg ooooooooooo

Somebody please wake me up.

Are we talking sense at all. Imagine the Nigeria Police that is the number one anti social organization in Nigeria calling someone an undisciplined officer.

Police that beats people anyhow and even tagged an innocent woman as the ringleader of a robbery gang.

hmmmmmm Na Wah OOOO.

Just watch what will happen in a few weeks or days.

I weep for Nigeria.

Anyways, Ribadu should be lucky to leave the system. He has tried his best and his best is not wanted by a nation of corrupt people. Bet those that appreciate his work and have power will pick him up to better positions. The UN is watching.

NO wonder instead of Waziri arresting people she is busy sponsoring adverts begin Nigerians to stop corruption. hahahahaha.

EFCC will become like ICPC. A toothless bulldog. No that is being modest.
EFCC will become a mouthless dog.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by RibaduFan(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2008
The nation has been highjacked by a gang of notrious terrorists. The drama is just unfolding.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by jejelolatu(f): 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2008
Jeje is humming -This is super story¤¤¤

**yawns**
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Recognise: 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2008
deleted
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2008
Merry Christmas  grin let me be the first to ask if anyone noticed that Lagos is chock-full with people on Christmas Eve,

Anyway, a lot of Nigerians see this as a drama worthy of note. i think not. We all hoped the EFCC would be a new beginning or a better angle to fighting corruption, HOPE!!!, seeing that we totally ignored the fact that the 'Independent' ICPC setup to do this failed (still failing as a matter of routine).

The EFCC had (still has) noble goals. yes Obasanjo used this to stick hot pins into those he could not deal with politically, so fu#$#ki@n what. is it okay to allow DSP Alams to use N4billion to build a fence for his State House? So he hounded Ibori (That bastard deserves to die in the hands of MEND). We all seem to think that because there was some bias in the execution of EFCC's mandate, it does makes the entire Office totally ALL BAD (We Nigerians have a slutty way of reasoning). Which would you prefer, Our [b]blunt Justice System [/b]to punish corrupt officials who stole billions of Naira with a N3.5 million fine while babies died in hospitals because of an absent health care system.? or that EFFC was used to witch-hunt a corrupt bastard because of his political leaning. i prefer the latter.

The Man Ribadu will be dead before the end of next year because the forces after him will only be satisfied with that outcome than anything else.

Yes my pity goes to him, given the tools and the carte blanche access to every crook OBJ did not like, he did his Job with infuriating accuracy.

What my question is, why are we hear spouting because we have time to, why are we not turning words into actions. the pool says 45 Nairalanders think what happened to Ribadu is wrong, what are you doing about it, yes, what?, I thought so NOTHING, absolutely nothing. yet we realise that every injustice and crooked justices affect us (in the present) and our children (in the future),

I will tell it as it is. NIGERIANS ARE NOT WORTH FIGHTING OR DYING FOR, have governments not been toppled (in recent times) by the cries and actions of its people? yet we sit and complain all decade long. crying to God for a good leader as if we lived in the Isreal of yore.

Abiola died because he calculated (wrongly) that the soooo called mass support he got nationwide and on the lips (as usual) of many Nigerians meant they would file out to protest (come hail, come bullets) to support his mandate. for where.

what about Tai Solarin?  what about Soyinka (he has grown weary since the cause he fights for has no rebel) what about Gani.

NIGERIANS ARE THE PROBLEMS OF THIS COUNTRY, simply sit watch and talk out of boredom.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by hinduism(f): 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2008
What do you expect when you votre terrorist muslims in power? OBJ is the greatest foul of our time, for allowing a muslim take over after him,so he did not see any one from his yoruba linage? if he can't trust Igbos?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by hinduism(f): 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2008
What do you expect when you vote terrorist muslims in power? OBJ is the greatest foul of our time, for allowing a muslim take over after him,so he did not see any one from his yoruba linage? if he can't trust Igbos?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by miquest: 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2008
This might just be positive for Nigeria, Considering the fact that most people that where arrested by this man Ribadu, were anti-obj, i read about someone talking about the ibori's case, can someone also explain to me why during the obj tenure the most corrupt politician and governore who was also known for a few murders and the origianl starter of the militancy in the Niger-Delta area in the name of Mr Peter Odili was never and has never been arrested, if mr ribadu was such a saint he would have done sumtin about it, the thing with Nigeria is that we are to quick to jump to conclusions, this man disobeyed his superiors, he refused to report on duty to where he was posted, who those that and doesn't get fired with immediate effect, and you think all that should just be dropped, as for his demotion, he totally deserves it, how can an assistant commisioner of police be promoted to the rank of and AIG just like that, common Nigerians lets be reasonable, for me this governmebt has done the right thing in everyway to treat him and i believe the next stop would be obasanjo and his people, Watchout people, You'll sing praises for yaradua in no time,
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by miquest: 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2008
This might just be positive for Nigeria, Considering the fact that most people that where arrested by this man Ribadu, were anti-obj, i read about someone talking about the ibori's case, can someone also explain to me why during the obj tenure the most corrupt politician and governore who was also known for a few murders and the origianl starter of the militancy in the Niger-Delta area in the name of Mr Peter Odili was never and has never been arrested, if mr ribadu was such a saint he would have done sumtin about it, the thing with Nigeria is that we are to quick to jump to conclusions, this man disobeyed his superiors, he refused to report on duty to where he was posted, who those that and doesn't get fired with immediate effect, and you think all that should just be dropped, as for his demotion, he totally deserves it, how can an assistant commisioner of police be promoted to the rank of and AIG just like that, common Nigerians lets be reasonable, for me this governmebt has done the right thing in everyway to treat him and i believe the next stop would be obasanjo and his people, Watchout people, You'll sing praises for yaradua in no time,
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by eleven(m): 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2008
lagerwhenindoubt:

I will tell it as it is. NIGERIANS ARE NOT WORTH FIGHTING OR DYING FOR,  have governments not been toppled (in recent times) by the cries and actions of its people? yet we sit and complain all decade long. crying to God for a good leader as if we lived in the Isreal of yore.

Abiola died because he calculated (wrongly) that the soooo called mass support he got nationwide and on the lips (as usual) of many Nigerians meant they would file out to protest (come hail, come bullets) to support his mandate. for where.

what about Tai Solarin?  what about Soyinka (he has grown weary since the cause he fights for has no rebel) what about Gani.

NIGERIANS ARE THE PROBLEMS OF THIS COUNTRY,  simply sit watch and talk out of boredom.

My man you have said the painful truth we are truly not worth dying for at all. We are a spoilt people wallowing in the rut of suffer. Talk, talk and no actions. We are awaiting for a GOD sent miser to help us while we are not ready to help ourselves. As we lay our beds so shall we lie on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - LP / Peter Obi Donates Borehole To Gombe Community / Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.