Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married (53721 Views)

7 Reasons Most Guys Act The Way They Do / 5 Reasons Most Ladies Prefer Married Men - Brainnewsng.com / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by itops(f): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
What is it with excessive rules and regulataions for ladies all the time, what is so big of a deal about men anyways...... Could it be.because a woman wants to get married she picks up anything on the street in the appearance of a man in the name of marriage? please when setting rules and regulations for ladies also set rules for men. No man is doing a lady a favour by marrying her rather the lady does the favour tp the man.

WHAT IS IT SELF? EVERYTIME WOMEN! WOMEN!! WOMEN!!! ARE THEY THE ONLY GENDERS?.
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by bishop0608: 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
My opinion is that a lady should marry a man she truely loves. In her assessment the man must have a good sense of responsibility, God fearing,good temper,outgoing,futuristic,good sense of value,and other virtues that God have bestowed on men.Knowledge of his family traits is also very important. If he is rich it ok but if he is not ,he should be able to provide for you within his income. I am married for quite some time and I am still a young man.I am providing the above advice based on personal experience . I am an architect by training . At present I am neither rich nor poor but I am working hard to become wealthy. Since likes attract likes, a lady looking for a life partner should mould her character to attract a man of her dream.Single parenthood is not advisable. God only answers sincere prayers.

5 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by mayordadon(m): 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
Edusouls:
shut up foolish girl, you are here wasting,while ur mates are happily married bringing up their home, you loser are here claiming exposure to western life that have ruined most of your lives, you women are cursed to be blinded from the truth till destruction.., continue to pretend and lavish.,or move fast fast to follow the truth,to adore the chossen people and kings of earth, the alpha males so you can be accepted or you die unhappy...
hmmmm waoooo i loved dat best comment ever since nice 1n
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Swiftboy(m): 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
softysparky:
Rubbish thread.

The issue of single ladies will end if it's possible for ladies to just walk up and propose to any man they like just the way men do, but our society and nature did not make it that way.
You guys think it's easy to sit and wait for that guy you feel you can spend the rest of your life with? It's easier for a man to marry whenever and whoever he likes but its not same for a woman.

Imagine paying a "groom price" cheesy
There won't be any single ladies anymore grin cheesy grin

Baby I'll marry you if you have that boldness and the cheese for groomsprice! See ehn I'll be grooming you everyday till we reach ever hundred years. grin grin grin
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
Mondisweets:
just because most women want to have children does not mean every woman on earth wants a child too. Same goes with companion just because you feel there is a need for u to have a wife, it does not mean every woman on earth feels the need to have a husband. Some people can do just fine by themselves.

I thought u were going to apologies for making mention of my mum but justifying ur points means more to u than that.... though am abit disappointed but at the end of the day,we are who we are...sorry for my reference of ur mum

Every lady has her personal decision to make on the way she wants to live her life...

You are here bursting speakers as a die-hard feminist while the Lady in question is either married or in a relationship...i mean brito....

Thru ur words ur claim is that u don't need a guy or relationship...i believe u are still traumatize by the hurt from ur past relationships...dont worry i pray u meet a guy that would heal ur wounds and make u feel worthy as a lady...

No one is meant to walk the journey of life alone that's why God created Eve for Adam...

Always show ur beautiful smile....Remember u have the right to be happy

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
brito:
10, no matured man to marry. You see a guy of 40 behaving like a 10years old, its better to remain single than to marry a man who refuse to grow up.
Being single is not a crime. Don't go into marriage thinking he will change with time cos he will never change. I need a world without em.
OK,see u when u are 40,*winks*

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Setaje(f): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yet a lot of you men have the most crappy character on earth. How can a man with long throat, or a man that doesn't see beyond the beauty of a woman, men wiv different shady characters, fornicators and adulterers,419ners want the best women?. If the men were so good, women won't be jumping out of marriages and complaining the way they are. What u see is what you get. If u are not the best, u don't deserve the best. Nonetheless, nobody is perfect. You all should change your character and outlook to life and just maybe ud be able to detect crappy people from afar and stay away.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by NiceMan4(m): 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
brito:

I like your maturity, even poor guys have consequences. None of my daughters will marry a poor guy, I will make sure they are good to go too.
Just shut your mouth my friend-there are better ways to state things.
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
softysparky:
Rubbish thread.

The issue of single ladies will end if it's possible for ladies to just walk up and propose to any man they like just the way men do, but our society and nature did not make it that way.
You guys think it's easy to sit and wait for that guy you feel you can spend the rest of your life with? It's easier for a man to marry whenever and whoever he likes but its not same for a woman.

u secretly pay my groom price,we will marry.*don't let them see this post o,keep it secret BTW me and u.*
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by kwenu: 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
in your own opinion who is a matured man? no offense please
brito:
10, no matured man to marry. You see a guy of 40 behaving like a 10years old, its better to remain single than to marry a man who refuse to grow up.
Being single is not a crime. Don't go into marriage thinking he will change with time cos he will never change. I need a world without em.
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
NickiRoman:
Many African Ladies Indeed,How many ladies have you met for you to come up with this conclusion?You attract what you are.

The moment people realise Nairaland is absolutely different from the real world life would much easier. How many African countries have you been to? People who bash women on Nairaland don't have the balls to do so in real life,If you hate women that much why not try Men.

Assumptions is the mother of all F*ck Ups.
This line reminds me of someone, making me believe you should be someone i know
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
itops:
What is it with excessive rules and regulataions for ladies all the time, what is so big of a deal about men anyways...... Could it be.because a woman wants to get married she picks up anything on the street in the appearance of a man in the name of marriage? please when setting rules and regulations for ladies also set rules for men. No man is doing a lady a favour by marrying her rather the lady does the favour tp the man.

don't mind them jare,they are women wrapper.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by kwenu: 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
men should change thier character, yes u have a point there. but how about you ladies, u hide your character when u re still single but when u get married we see the beast in you. i ll say men are better not because i am one but because see we men, u get to know us from the start, what have we to hide?womanizing, drunkenness, anger , 419 behaviour or what.
if you talk of divorce women mostly always want divorce when they re fed up with thier husbands, it is due to thier impatinece in marriages but most men will take anything from thier women because of the love they have towards thier wives.

you call men adultrers, did he promise you he was gonna change when u married him?

which of these is new to mankind
what have we to hide? and what more have we to hide

Setaje:
Yet a lot of you men have the most crappy character on earth. How can a man with long throat, or a man that doesn't see beyond the beauty of a woman, men wiv different shady characters, fornicators and adulterers,419ners want the best women?. If the men were so good, women won't be jumping out of marriages and complaining the way they are. What u see is what you get. If u are not the best, u don't deserve the best. Nonetheless, nobody is perfect. You all should change your character and outlook to life and just maybe ud be able to detect crappy people from afar and stay away.
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by humilitypays(m): 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
Brito and softysparky don make me laugh fall off from my chaircheesycheesycheesy

But guys let's be honest to ourselves o, lol, we guys aren't saints either and the ladies shaa aren't helping matters toogrin

My advice to single ladies reading this is: if u are in a relationship with a guy who isn't financially buoyant and not ready to marry u, and eventually u meet a financially buoyant single guy who wants to marry u, pls don't just tell him no because of one broke Apos somewhere ogrin, tell him to give u time, then go back to ur broke Apos and tell him frankly the situation on ground, and if he wants u to wait for him, he needs to sign a contract of waiting with u o

To avoid tomorrow stories when he finally makes money and start giving u some flimsy excuses y u guys can't marry.

But then eh, this article make sense wella o, ladies abeg learn from the points ocheesy

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by InvertedHammer: 5:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
/
The main reason is that most men in this era do not have the wherewithal to enter into marriage.
The ones with the means do get married. As complex as it is, Okada riders, Keke-NAPEP drivers and other artisans keep getting married while the jobless and under-employed men stay away from marriage for obvious reasons.

But then, it is always nice to have comforting excuses than facing the reality. It is more of financial problems than the attitude of the
ladies. It is not as if the men are saints.

\
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
Its always wiser to read a post carefully i said your mother's generation, that is women who grew up in your mother's generation. I never stopped at "your mother"So i dont know what u want me to apologise for exactly.

I am in a relstionship so you can save your prayers for your fellow 40year men who do not act their age smiley
kallmemrB:
I thought u were going to apologies for making mention of my mum but justifying ur points means more to u than that.... though am abit disappointed but at the end of the day,we are who we are...sorry for my reference of ur mum

Every lady has her personal decision to make on the way she wants to live her life...

You are here bursting speakers as a die-hard feminist while the Lady in question is either married or in a relationship...i mean brito....

Thru ur words ur claim is that u don't need a guy or relationship...i believe u are still traumatize by the hurt from ur past relationships...dont worry i pray u meet a guy that would heal ur wounds and make u feel worthy as a lady...

No one is meant to walk the journey of life alone that's why God created Eve for Adam...

Always show ur beautiful smile....Remember u have the right to be happy

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by plaetton: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
softysparky:
Rubbish thread.

Yeah.I really don't know why a modern Nigerian woman cannot approach a man and say : Hey mister, I admire you and would love to open a friendship that would to romance and lifelong commitment as my husband.
Just imagine how many marriages and happy endings we could see over time.

Women commonly forget that men want to be admired and desired as much as women do.
A man is about 3 times likely to proposed marriage to the womand that sees and treets him as special than the ones he treets as special.
My opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by kwenu: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
Good advise so far
bishop0608:
My opinion is that a lady should marry a man she truely loves. In her assessment the man must have a good sense of responsibility, God fearing,good temper,outgoing,futuristic,good sense of value,and other virtues that God have bestowed on men.Knowledge of his family traits is also very important. If he is rich it ok but if he is not ,he should be able to provide for you within his income. I am married for quite some time and I am still a young man.I am providing the above advice based on personal experience . I am an architect by training . At present I am neither rich nor poor but I am working hard to become wealthy. Since likes attract likes, a lady looking for a life partner should mould her character to attract a man of her dream.Single parenthood is not advisable. God only answers sincere prayers.
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by humilitypays(m): 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
itops:

if a guy marries a lady, it is the lady that did the guy a favour marrying him, even after paying bride price, providing shelter, etc and the lady bringing just her biruful bodycheesycheesy I am enjoying the commentsgrin

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by zudozz: 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
2much make up especially this potty that they pack on their face. shld b no. 1.

another observation from me. no responsible girl wears chain jewery in d leg or has fifteen openings in d ears n nose or draws tattos. any girl that guilty of dis 3 even if u meet her in church..na Ashyyyy! either co-operate ooh or str ashyyy.
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Almightyperes: 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
kallmemrB:
keep telling urself that until u are Rita Dominic's age by then ur eyes go clear
yeeeee, if a lady keep herself with patience a good guy will always come is all timing
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
Mondisweets:
Its always wiser to read a post carefully i said your mother's generation, that is women who grew up in your mother's generation. I never stopped at "your mother"So i dont know what u want me to apologise for exactly.

I am in a relstionship so you can save your prayers for your fellow 40year men who do not act their age smiley
Miss u don't need to make urself feel better by lieing u are in a relationship....i can easily tell its all fiction thru ur aggressive display of ur feminism...but its all good am glad u found a fictional version of urself
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Konjour(m): 6:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
Enegod:
what is the ultimate achievement? undecided

Arriving at the gates of heaven and finding her name in the book of life with Angel Gabriel grinning from ear to ear. grin

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Enegod(m): 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
Konjour:

Arriving at the gates of heaven and finding her name in the book of life with Angel Gabriel grinning from ear to ear. grin
grin
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
kede wa ma wo oooo.......eni buruku lo ba eyan rere je.......na dis bad bad gals dey spoil the good image of the best ladies to marry..

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by MegMich(m): 6:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=WEIRDPC post=30140877][/quote]
In as much as the routine African tradition allows that women should heavily be involved in house chores, it is still not a reason African men should get into marriage. She is supposed to be your bestie not your slave

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by beekaymee(m): 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
aristocrazzy:
Do you think all girls are the same.
yep they are undecided
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by eduxerxes: 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
Wow! Wonderful thread. So so true. Keyword is "Decency". A decent man is a treasure to a decent lady.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by EOOJ(m): 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
Creamish:

@Bolded...i was just going to ask whoz been getting married every weekend to the men....if only OP & co know the number of weddings that occur weekly...they'd desist from over-reacting.

If the ladies u date are nuttn to write home about, then its their headache. U truly have no idea how many African women exist...talkless of the justification to use that word "MOST". Granted the aforementioned are bad traits but pls...how many ladies na? How many have u actually dated that are like dat?

Personally, i feel both sexes need to work on themselves. Guys believe this is their world..so they can do whatever and not have "10 things this or 10 things that" listed about them. Datz bull. Decent ladies dont need Mummy's pets, thugs, dirtbags, NFAs (No future ambition)etc.

U know where to meet decent ladies. Dont go to clubs expecting less makeup or fully dressed chicks.

Remember...birds of same feather..

I like ur post but u know I tink most guys are reacting to dem ladies becos of how dem ladies also view guys...grin its just like wen I hear ladies blabbing "all guys are dsame"

But not withstanding, in ma humble opinion, all dis generalizations no make sense at allll. Like someone posted earlier "some" wud suffice as opposed to the "many"

I rest ma case cheesy

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by BOUNTYDOG(m): 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
brito:

Lolzz, it's better to be single than been stuck in marriage with a man that refuses to grow up.

But if he is a millionaire,even though he is 40 and still goes out dancing shoki as long as he meets his demands @ home.I believe he has grown up,cos I don't know what it means to grow up as ur age.
Or f he is poor and takes life too seriously?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by Wenom: 6:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
Sparksfly:
The sooner you drop this mentality, the better.
Marriage isn't the ultimate achievement for Us.

IF A HIA
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married by maryhaam(f): 7:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmmm,it is well,what will be will be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ogun: 71-year-old Man Dies During Sex Romp With Prostitute / Should We Hide Our Sisters? (photo) / Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.