Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,323 members, 7,867,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:41 AM

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses - Family (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses (125450 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

At the bolded.. i rest my case
She does not see the kids as hers' but the man's

Simple

You are so funny, are you aware that you looking after the kids while she is out is no more an option, she now have to get a baby sitter to make sure the kids are well and fine, when she is running late from work, she now have to call someone to pick them up from school or daycare, cos now the duty is ALL her . . . Chairman, it is NOT easy and your money is NOT all that is important, if you could make yourself available at her calls to look after the kids, then, no wahala now.

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 2:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
rman:

I love the way you make your points man.

nice points too .. bro

i get his points are rooted in sentiments and a throwback to an era where men were heads of households
In this millenium, all are equal grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by mizzochocinco: 2:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

No wonder

There is hope for you
you are the one who probably needs hope more than i do. May God take away your unnecessary bitterness towards women and maybe someone sensible may look your way, shout amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by rman: 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
Moana:
and the men who kill their wives over money issues see marriage as what?

Let me start by saying no one is supporting killers of women.

What Coogar, Pickabeau and I are trying to point out is the system is flawed in handling divorce cases and women are smart enough to use it to their advantage all the time.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
rman:

So definition of girls and ladies matters...lol

Chai! I think this guy is wired like a lady.

I love your mentality sha. It is perfect for the big marriage scam ladies are trying to run.

You will live and die a happy man.

Men like me, Pickabeau1, Coogar that apply logic are only looking for a life long of worries. It will never make sense to you and the women involved.

So you never knew there is a different between a girl and a lady? shocked
I am now wired like a woman? I would rather be wired like a woman and do the right thing than be wired like a man to kill my wife all cos things fell apart.
Glad you admitted that i will die a happy man . . . Yippee

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
Fhemmmy:

You are so funny, are you aware that you looking after the kids while she is out is no more an option, she now have to get a baby sitter to make sure the kids are well and fine, when she is running late from work, she now have to call someone to pick them up from school or daycare, cos now the duty is ALL her . . . Chairman, it is NOT easy and your money is NOT all that is important, if you could make yourself available at her calls to look after the kids, then, no wahala now.

Bro.. you still dont get it
Its about choices and options
The millenial woman is empowered and equal to the man
So why should u be patronizing her and treating her as an appendage...

She is capable of taking care of herself without any man's help

Your idea is so 1920s
grin grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

Bro.. you still dont get it
Its about choices and options
The millenial woman is empowered and equal to the man
So why should u be patronizing her and treating her as an appendage...

She is capable of taking care of herself without any man's help

Your idea is so 1920s
grin grin

Yippeee . . . 1920, here i come, and your idea of marriage is done, "out of MY house" is 22nd century . . .Lol, i just dey enjoy you jare.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Moana(f): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
rman:

Let me start by saying no one is supporting killers of women.

What Coogar, Pickabeau and I are trying to point out is the system is flawed in handling divorce cases and women are smart enough to use it to their advantage all the time.

shouldn't have bothered asking clearly you couldnt answer the question, hence you diverted the issue to something else. Never mind

Anyway out of the 3 of you which of you is happily married or married at all?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
rman:

The bolded is what your entire engagement with Fhemmy is about. What is logical is different from what is good or sentimentally correct.

Simple

Logic and morality are not always aligned

mizzochocinco:
i am the one who is hopless and frustrated.May God take away my unnecessary bitterness towards life and may someone sensible look my way,i pray this year before my ovaries turn to mush..
i say amen.

it is well, dear
Sorry
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Yippeee . . . 1920, here i come, and your idea of marriage is done, "out of MY house" is 22nd century . . .Lol, i just dey enjoy you jare.

NO wahala bro
grin

Your idea of marriage has no place with our modern women
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2015
rman:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Then you agree with me women see marriage as a business investment.

So the men killing their wives sees it as what? Love? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
Moana:

They would rather rot in jail where they will not have mortagages and bills to pay.well, somewhere they basically wont have a life.

When their mates are running things in their various villages. Enjoying the chieftancy titles, small small chikalas that comes with being the king of the jungles grin

Remind me again, why they choose to stay put in the west.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by ernestidehen(m): 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
chigoizie7:
this is were we think that divorcing a woman in Europe is that easy, a man who brought a lady from Nigeria to London as a wife turned out to be hunted becaus the lady presumed she has better rights than he is, that's not good,(European Govt. supports women more than men by law. so why wont they misbehave? a Nigerian man wont tolerate that, well,when the couple visited Nigeria, the husband confiscated all her document,left her with no money, quarrel ensured and she threatened to sue him, the young man proudly said, sweetheart , "certainly not in Anambra". that's how she started begging that she will change, but the guy didn't hear any of it, he travelled without her. now the lady is back home alone with the mother in-law (now very humble and respectful) my question is, why wouldn't they respect the man while outside naija?

that's a sharp man there .
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coachwilcox(m): 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
Well...this is a really long post.

Explains why there is a growing number of Naija men whose families are based in the US, UK, europe generally while theyre in naija frolicking, sleeping with girls and living like single men...only travel to see their families like twice or thrice a year.

Many of them ensure their assets are in Nigeria(houses and investments) while they support their family from naija (fees and all) .

Aint no damn western divorce law can touch their life earnings and their wife will learn to cherish and respect them since they get to see them once in a while. I have an uncle who went through the same. Ibo man took his ibo wife to USA and enrolled her as a Rx Nurse...As soon as she began to make money, the torture began....he lured her to naija and seized her travel documents and was about to take off when she began pleading alongside the family that she would change.

THe mumu heard her pleas and accepted to travel with her only for the matter to get worse.

Now hes outta the house he paid mortgage for over 18 years (having travelled to the states in 1982) and broke, living on state support and managing a debilitating illness...
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
chigoizie7:
this is were we think that divorcing a woman in Europe is that easy, a man who brought a lady from Nigeria to London as a wife turned out to be hunted becaus the lady presumed she has better rights than he is, that's not good,(European Govt. supports women more than men by law. so why wont they misbehave? a Nigerian man wont tolerate that, well,when the couple visited Nigeria, the husband confiscated all her document,left her with no money, quarrel ensured and she threatened to sue him, the young man proudly said, sweetheart , "certainly not in Anambra". that's how she started begging that she will change, but the guy didn't hear any of it, he travelled without her. now the lady is back home alone with the mother in-law (now very humble and respectful) my question is, why wouldn't they respect the man while outside naija?

Wow! shocked
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
coachwilcox:
Well...this is a really long post.

Explains why there is a growing number of Naija men whose families are based in the US, UK, europe generally while theyre in naija frolicking, sleeping with girls and living like single men...only travel to see their families like twice or thrice a year.

Many of them ensure their assets are in Nigeria(houses and investments) while they support their family from naija (fees and all) .

Aint no damn western divorce law can touch their life earnings and their wife will learn to cherish and respect them since they get to see them once in a while. I have an uncle who went through the same. Ibo man took his ibo wife to USA and enrolled her as a Rx Nurse...As soon as she began to make money, the torture began....he lured her to naija and seized her travel documents and was about to take off when she began pleading alongside the family that she would change.

THe mumu heard her pleas and accepted to travel with her only for the matter to get worse.

Now hes outta the house he paid mortgage for over 18 years (having travelled to the states in 1982) and broke, living on state support and managing a debilitating illness...

Pray the western court is not aware of the savings, properties and all you have mentioned.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coachwilcox(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
You mean the house I built in Lekki or the shopping plaza at Iyana Ipaja or the country home in Akure? Naahhh...cant touch this....

Fhemmmy:

Pray the western court is not aware of the savings, properties and all you have mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Ewuro4: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
cococandy:
quite confusing to me. I must say.
Although I'm not very comfortable discussing someone else's private life like this I guess it is ok since she put it out there herself.

But why go the extra length to make other women seem bad or evil for doing the same thing you would do if you were in their situation.?

One would think from her posts that she would bear all wrong doing and never leave a bad spouse going by how she tells other women to do so. She practically blames every woman who comes here with one issue or the other and never sees any wrong doing on the men's part. Whether cheating or physical abuse or murder (in this case.), she still found a way to make it the woman's fault.

I really did think she's not the kind to say enough is enough and walk out.

Now I'm more confused than ever. embarassed

Wow

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coachwilcox(m): 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
You mean the fixed deposit in GTB or the shares in Nigerian Breweries? Or the joint ownership of a factory in Ayobo? Or the cars i send to naija every 6 months which are sold and the cash is deposited with my mother for me Nah

Fhemmmy:

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2015
[quote author=coachwilcox post=30422647]You mean the house I built in Lekki or the shopping plaza at Iyana Ipaja or the country home in Akure? Naahhh...cant touch this....

[/quote

You must have marry a woman that aint smart enough or just dont wanna go all the way to exercise it . . . ANYTHING under the sun that was acquired while together . . . If she is aware of it and could proof it . . . Yippeeeeee
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Ewuro4: 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
armyofone:
Stress is dangerous, talk to your personal physician and gym up yourself.
I wonder what naija pastors are preaching every Sunday and at prayer meetings. Instead of church, go to the gym and work that stress out.

I'll have to agree with Damiso on the church bit. grin But yes stress will turn a reputable figure into an irrational knucklehead in a flash second without damming the consequence(s). Our people don't know when to stop as long as money is conserned.

But still don't excuse them killing their wives.

Like always say, May God help us All.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by TheIkoro(m): 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
The evil in Woman is such that every married man is the Devil's son-in-law. And only the saving grace of patrimony,
in my name, can deliver him.

- The Holy Homily.
www.theholyhomily..com.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2015
But some ladiies can be brutally mean.
True.
I know a family that their US wife so much dealt with, they became a mockery in d eyes of the peoplee.
Not only did the village gal eyes opeen, she also framed the husband as a drug dealer and he was jailed for yrs.
Cos of one yeye african american boy.

It was yrs later that d man was found innocent and he came home. It was announced in church and we tropped to their house. He looked like Osama bin Laden. So unkept and malnurished.

Meanwhile, wifey has built big and very fine duplex in her papa's house, helped her people a lot while d husband's pple, I can't bring myself to say all that happened to them.
D guy's parents died of heart break.

When it was ascertained that d woman framed her hubby up, our people took over the case and dealt with d lady and her family.
D last I heard about her was that she is no longer in US.
American guy no kuku marry her.
As long as she breathes, she can't come home cos she was excommunicated.

D church, kinsmen and good will ppeople contributed money for d guy and he traveled again to start life afresh but not in US.
Said he had lived all his life outside so will find it heard adapting in naija and seeing his wife's family every now and then can kill him.
So far, he is doing welll. A dr.

So yep, some of we ladies r really very mean.
It runs both ways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Ewuro4: 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2015
Babyosisi, she's not making excuses for killers, her post is clear enough for all to see. A home without woman's adequate touch lacks love and you know it. You claimed to be a career woman yet still have the time to cook those delicious meals for your family grin , ofcourse you man will be happy. You know that's not the case in most homes, everyday is eat out.

Mutter (according to her post history) has been through a lot in life and she's learned a lot from life experiences , from making things right to change in attitude to bring the best out of her spouse.. Maybe she saw positive outcome as opposed to her previous relationship shortcomings and learnt from it. But She got a second chance to make things right and laid it out bare for all women to learn from her mistakes. Her delivery may sound rash sometimes like ilekokonit's way but she's right on the money.

This thread is an eye opener for me as a married woman and I've taken a lot of lesson out of it.

P.S osisi you're getting too old for this , stop bullying people with their past. It's not nice. Please change.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
See, d way a cool and rich(maybe averagely rich) guy who proposed to a lady will be milked by this guy tru pride price(cos they don see mugu) is d way an away husband to some families is a potential milking machine.

I've seen lots and lots of this happen.
Especially d illegal and uneducated ones. Most times they will like to go for d educated ladies .go to pharmacy dept or nursing/midwifery in schools in d east u will find out most of them r married to foreign based niggas mostly uneducated ones. And in some cases, it doesn't go as planned hence we start hearing all manner stories
And our gals, being who they r, dont investigate and make inquiries. Once we here"abroad"we throw all caution to d wind and expect magic when we reach there. No courtship, nothing.
When it happens, we start blaming d devil.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Madam

Your post can be interpreted as a justification for murder

moca:
See, d way a cool and rich(maybe averagely rich) guy who proposed to a lady will be milked by this guy tru pride price(cos they don see mugu) is d way an away husband to some families is a potential milking machine.

I've seen lots and lots of this happen.
Especially d illegal and uneducated ones. Most times they will like to go for d educated ladies .go to pharmacy dept or nursing/midwifery in schools in d east u will find out most of them r married to foreign based niggas mostly uneducated ones. And in some cases, it doesn't go as planned hence we start hearing all manner stories
And our gals, being who they r, dont investigate and make inquiries. Once we here"abroad"we throw all caution to d wind and expect magic when we reach there. No courtship, nothing.
When it happens, we start blaming d devil.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:
Madam

How?
I just read d story.
Can't go tru d whole pages abeg b4 I get headache.
Mean gals dey o
Infact, let me close my mouth.
Go to schools in d east and interview medical student why they want to marry "abroad" guy.
U will be shocked!
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Ewuro4: 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
moca:

How?
I just read d story.
Mean gals dey o
Go to schools in d east and interview medical student why they want to marry "abroad" guy.
U will be shocked!

Lol. Everybody wants to go to Amelika grin

I concur with your posts jare ..
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Ewuro4: 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:
Madam

LOL
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
moca:

How?
I just read d story.
Mean gals dey o
U will be shocked!

Exactly

The girls are innocent and cant do any evil

You are justifying murder

That was what mutter said and she was crucified here

Ewuro4:

LOL

No be so?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
bukatyne:

My question is very simple

Who owns the baby in standard Nigerian society?
Why do you make reference to standard Nigerian society only when it suits you?

Have you forgotten that standard Nigerian society also demands that you totally submit to your husband, including handing him your paycheck at the end of the month for him to decide what the money is used for? Would you do that because standard Nigerian society demands that from you?

Let's assume that the child ownership according to the Nigerian society is reversed, and we now 'pronounce' that the woman owns the child, would you be happy if almost all you have worked for in life is taken away from you and given to the man for the upkeep of those children of yours?
I put the word pronounce in quote to emphasize that though the Nigerian society says that the child belongs to the man, in reality it is the women that actually owns and benefit more from the children.
I will use my late dad as an example. While he was alive (may his soul continue to rest in perfect peace), he worked so hard to see us his children through schools. Took all manner of risks, toured from East, West, North and south to ensure that we had good education. Lo and behold, while he was getting old and about to retire to at least start receiving some cups of cold water from his children, death struck and took him away.
Now, my mom is the "mama engineer" , "mama Doc" and "mama everything" with the benefits of regular cash deposits to her bank account and regular change of wardrobe etc.

Note that I am not in any way against my beloved mom, of course she still remains closer to my heart than any other woman on earth, I just had to say all the above to make you see that the man does not actually own the children like the " standard Nigerian society" would want us to believe.

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 4:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
At the bolded.... Thanks for that

Yet if you see the way naija marriages and men are maligned by these same posters

grin grin grin
donpeey22:
Why do you make reference to standard Nigerian society only when it suits you?

Have you forgotten that standard Nigerian society also demands that you totally submit to your husband, including handing him your paycheck at the end of the month for him to decide what the money is used for? Would you do that because standard Nigerian society demands that from you?

Let's assume that the child ownership according to the Nigerian society is reversed, and we now 'pronounce' that the woman owns the child, would you be happy if almost all you have worked for in life is taken away from you and given to the man for the upkeep of those children of yours?
I put the word pronounce in quote to emphasize that though the Nigerian society says that the child belongs to the man, in reality it is the women that actually owns and benefit more from the children.
I will use my late dad as an example. While he was alive (may his soul continue to rest in perfect peace), he worked so hard to see us his children through schools. Took all manner of risks, toured from East, West, North and south to ensure that we had good education. Lo and behold, while he was getting old and about to retire to at least start receiving some cups of cold water from his children, death struck and took him away.
Now, my mom is the "mama engineer" , "mama Doc" and "mama everything" with the benefits of regular cash deposits to her bank account and regular change of wardrobe etc.

Note that I am not in any way against my beloved mom, of course she still remains closer to my heart than any other woman on earth, I just had to say all the above to make you see that the man does not actually own the children like the " standard Nigerian society" would want us to believe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (48) (Reply)

You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.