Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,789 members, 7,841,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses - Family (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses (125021 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by tpiah11: 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2015
^ almost all your posts, comments, views and opinions, eventually end up reverberating around one single theme, which is working or non working women.

Is there a reason why the matter pains you so much, or that's just your handle same way virgin is onila's own.

even if you comment on sports, sooner or later you must bring the issue around to housewives or stay at home mums.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

No wahala...

More power to your elbows

I remain humble, chairman . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
christ!
una nor dey tire? even tpia that has never enjoyed the warmth & comfort of a man in bed suddenly has an opinion. what won't i read in 2015? grin cheesy

fhemmmy - the artful dodger!
all the links we provided for him to peruse has been swept aside. from not believing such things happen to "i will read them later in my leisure time."

jesus wept!

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

Good

MAYBE Fhemmmy will learn one or two things from this since he sees you women as helpless appendages who need hubby support all their life

LOL

I have not read anywhere on This thread where he said women are helpless appendages but again I cannot claim to have read all the posts on This thread.

He thinks men should pay spousal support for a while irrespective of the wife's earning capability

You think men should only pay for housewives

You both are entitled to your opinions
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
soulglo:

Employed being the key word. I support spousal support in cases were one of them stayed home to care for the kids. Spousal support is not permanent but the spouse who stayed home for the family should be abLe to get help in at least restoring them back to they were before they gave it all up. I used to get all worked up when I see my cousins schedules in Nigeria. Up at 5 and still not back home by 9pm. Maids raise the kids and as soon as they are old enough for boarding school, off they go. While I still believe that the children's wellbeing is the most important, I can see why many of them choose yo keep this up. They likely have stories of women in their family who were kicked out with nothing. Spousal support is a good thing.

I agree spousal support is necessary when one of the parents stayed @ home
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
coogar:
christ!
una nor dey tire? even tpia that has never enjoyed the warmth & comfort of a man in bed suddenly has an opinion. what won't i read in 2015? grin cheesy

fhemmmy - the artful dodger!
all the links we provided for him to peruse has been swept aside. from not believing such things happen to "i will read them later in my leisure time."

jesus wept!

I actually read it, and again, it is not the norm . . . Bad it happened, but it is not the everyday thing.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I actually read it, and again, it is not the norm . . . Bad it happened, but it is not the everyday thing.

it's not the norm & the system isn't flawed? except of course, we couldn't find a single case of a woman that is forced to pay child support to a child that isn't biologically hers.

if the system isn't flawed, i dunno what else to call it.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
coogar:

it's not the norm & the system isn't flawed? except of course, we couldn't find a single case of a woman that is forced to pay child support to a child that isn't biological hers.

if the system isn't flawed, i dunno what else to call it.

No matter how flaw the system is, i am sure the man too could make it work in his favor if he is not busy doing gra gra all over the place and educate himself about the law of the land where he resides, and not focusing on "bush lady being rude to me" ego tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
bukatyne:

I have not read anywhere on This thread where he said women are helpless appendages but again I cannot claim to have read all the posts on This thread.

He thinks men should pay spousal support for a while irrespective of the wife's earning capability

You think men should only pay for housewives

You both are entitled to your opinions

What do u think
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

What do u think

About What?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
bukatyne:

About What?

You interpreted our positions

What is your own position
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
Even lawyers don't argue on a case like this cheesy cheesy

At least,it will be adjourned.
Since yesterday abi 2 days ago.

Seun osewa should start paying us o! cheesy
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

You interpreted our positions

What is your own position

I have stated it na

No SS for a working spouse.

Child support must be paid to the spouse with the child till the child is done with tertiary education

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 8:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
Fhemmmy:

No matter how flaw the system is, i am sure the man too could make it work in his favor if he is not busy doing gra gra all over the place and educate himself about the law of the land where he resides, and not focusing on "bush lady being rude to me" ego tongue tongue tongue

so you have now agreed the system is flawed? grin mission accomplished!

the people involved were male caucasians. the land belongs to them and they know the laws of their land. they don't consider it a fair deal to pay for a child that isn't theirs when the biological fathers are alive and well.....they are even working! cheesy

until now, we have been told only nigerians find it hard to adapt to this fraudulent flawed system but the article says otherwise. i gave up on western women or western based women when a woman had a set of twins for 2 different fathers. grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by zeezahbee(f): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
Redoil:
Women with their bad mouth causing problems and confusion in the life of men since the days of adam and eve.
only a nutter talks that way, regardless of whatever sharp mouth a woman got, they dont deserve to be killed.

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
bukatyne:

I have stated it na

No SS for a working spouse.

Child support must be paid to the spouse with the child till the child is done with tertiary education

Also a fair position rather than encouraging laziness
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by zeezahbee(f): 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
mutter:

The men married them because when before they got out they acted all humble or probably even where, but then their eyes opened.
I see some when they come newly "sir, daddy" and after a few months, "useless man".

How does a man become the kind of man that commands respect? Every human being commands respect. In accordance with our tradition every man commands respect from every woman and men have a different status in society. Did the woman not take a vow to submit to him or better for worse?
When you do the wine carrying why do you go down on your knees? Is that just a show, a body movement. It is a promise to the man made before your family and his that you would submit to the man and go down for him. The man does not have to command his respect it is your duty as his wife.

Divorcing them would mean loosing everything, even custody of the kid`s. That is how it functions. The man would loose everything he built up. He not only looses it but looses it to someone he built up who turned around to destroy him.

So killing them is the best option right ?

Because a man brought me from Nigeria doesn't mean I will not have the right to speak or have my own decision. Because he brought me to america doesnt make me to behave as if i have down syndrome and make a man do BS around me. As if its not this same america that i am. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by zeezahbee(f): 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
andromida:

Hunt which family and society? they would have exorcised you to hell for dying when you could have fled. grin.

Thank you jawegrin.

YOU know, some people are born to be beaten and killed.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

Also a fair position rather than encouraging laziness

I don't think he encouraged laziness either

He used couples with wide range of income

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 9:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
bukatyne:

I don't think he encouraged laziness either

He used couples with wide range of income
Are those couples representative of the norm?

Marriage subsidy in event of divorce...OK o
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by zeezahbee(f): 9:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
coogar:

most of these men would rather go to jail than let the wicked wife have the house, kids & half of his assets.

some of those naija men in the article called the police themselves and handed themselves in. they are prepared to die in jail than let the wife walk away with their assets.
only a PLonker will ever wanna rot in jail. what assetS?? The kids and asset will be taken by the government . If he is lucky to get few years in jail, then h will come back with a bad record. No one will want to employ a murderer to even wash their toilet. The kids will never forgive.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 9:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
zeezahbee:
only a PLonker will ever wanna rot in jail. what assetS?? The kids and asset will be taken by the government . If you are lucky to get few years in jail, then you will come back with a bad record. No one will want to employ a murderer to even wash their toilet. The kids will never forgive.

as long as the wicked wife does not lay her hands on his property, it's fine by him. same mentality applies to suicide bombers. their death or capture means nothing to them - as long as the personal goals they set were achieved.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by donodion(m): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
Nonso23:

Enough please! Stop parodying your displeasure for her stance as sympathy for her condition. You women at times behave like children. If you must backbite then by all means do it properly - behind the person. Use the pm feature and regale yourself these shameful and self serving tales.
What do you know about abuse?
Have you been in her shoes?
Do you know how many people got the same advice she got and are still in the abusive union?
Do you know what strength it took her to post her story online?
Do you know how much she had to give up to exit that relationship?
If you don't then shut the hell up!!
NEWSFLASH!!! She walked out and landed another better man in record time. That should count for a lot. She turned her back against society's backlash something a lot of women cant pull off. Give her some credit! Her story is a tale of victory and not of ridicule. She is stronger and tougher than all of you till you go through what she went through and come out sane. She is a model for victims and an inspiration to other women.

She has walked in those shoes through the terrain and is by far a much more qualified authority to talk about abuse.
Your lives aren't in anyway perfect and yet you are the first to throw stones of condemnation on her.

I wonder what kind of people keep you lots as friends offline. You help them today and use it against them tomorrow when it is convenient for you all these amidst singing to the ears of anyone who cares to listen about how much of a saint you are and how you can't pass by the next person without offering them some form of assistance. Aren't you even ashamed of yourselves?
You even suggested that she has some sort of psychiatric disorder, is that your prayer for her or are you going to live longer if your assertions happen to be true?
The Women I know hold themselves together and support each other not denigrate the next woman all because her opinion differs from theirs or read about their lives like witches and attack them personally like demons under the influence of codeine.

Keep her personal life out of unrelated threads and act your age. To think most of you all are even supposed to be older than me and still act like preteen girls is disgusting to say the least .
Only shameless gossips will behave like this.

hehehehe dude dont let these young women get at you....a foreign girl once call them what they really are on NL.."Bloody Hypocrites". grin grin grin....

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

Are those couples representative of the norm?

Marriage subsidy in event of divorce...OK o

Maybe maybe not
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 9:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
I hope women who 'snap' and kill their husbands get such understanding from NL cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
coogar:

so you have now agreed the system is flawed? grin mission accomplished!

the people involved were male caucasians. the land belongs to them and they know the laws of their land. they don't consider it a fair deal to pay for a child that isn't theirs when the biological fathers are alive and well.....they are even working! cheesy

until now, we have been told only nigerians find it hard to adapt to this fraudulent flawed system but the article says otherwise. i gave up on western women or western based women when a woman had a set of twins for 2 different fathers. grin

[b]Most of the affected people are caucasians . . . . no matter where there is a law, there is a hole through it that people take advantage of it, and i never said law was perfect, as a matter of fact, except when the man is super duper wealthy and the woman is being irrationally requesting for heaven and earth, i see no reason why a man should be chased to take care of his own child.

By the way, if you know a child is not yours from the start and you adopt that child by marrying her/his mother, if things go sour btw you guys, should you not still care for that child?

The father of the child was alive and probably working like you said when you met the mother and marry her with all that comes with her, so now that things are sour, you have a problem still treating that child as your own?

While so many men on our community are ready and willing to take care of their brother's kids and all that, taking care of kids should not be a big deal, except when the woman is asking for too much or fraud.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
bukatyne:

Maybe maybe not

OK

Good to see you commenting these days
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
bukatyne:
I hope women who 'snap' and kill their husbands get such understanding from NL cheesy

Once again.there is no understanding

Everyone has been unequivocally condemning the act

Its about the root cause yet you persist in your path of ridicule
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by cococandy(f): 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
bukatyne:
not on NL. They are not even allowed to snap and get simply upset cheesy

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by mutter(f): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

I just understand why this is hard to understand.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

OK

Good to see you commenting these days

Good to see me commenting How?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

The root cause analysis

I hope If the cases are reversed, We will be willing to do RCA.

We are on the same page

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (48) (Reply)

You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.