Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? (9620 Views)

Amechi's AIT Interview On Focus Nigeria Was A Shame! / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by presido1: 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2009
@ibime

How could you say that Ojukwu embezzled Biafran fund? Ojukwu used his father's wealth to fight for Biafran state.
Sometimes you guys write out of hatered.
No other tribe like the Igbos in Nigeria yet they don't want the Igbos out of Nigeria WHY? Can somebody give me the reason for that. Igbos are the problem you have in nigeria yet you don't want the Igbos to go with their problem.
After the civil war Hausa's and Yorubas tot Igbos will come begging for food and other things but the reverse became the case thats why the hatered and fear of this and that. We create wealth and things from nothing, thats why we are strong irrespective of the oppresion and marginalisation from the nigerian state.

@ Biafran could have been the japan of africa had it been we succeeded and Nigeria will try to compete thereby making it a modest nation as well.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2009
My friend sharrap dia! Was it not Madiebo who criticised Ojukwu for overseeing all the purchase of weaponry himself and giving the contract to one of his foreign friends? Did Madiebo not say that the weapons they received were rubbish and not up to par? If you read between the lines, Madiebo was implying that someone chopped money, whether it is Ojukwu or the contractor. This was a strong cause of conflict between the Biafran Generals and Ojukwu at the time, although no one dared question Ojukwu.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by H2O2: 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2009
@ Biafran could have been the japan of africa had it been we succeeded and Nigeria will try to compete thereby making it a modest nation as well.
ITK when did you become miss cleo
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by bawomolo(m): 10:22pm On Jan 01, 2009

awwwww embarassed
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by H2O2: 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2009
bawomolo:

awwwww embarassed
ROTFLOLOL
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Naijex: 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2009
presido1:

@ibime

You mean Zimbabwe of African
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ellyptical: 1:16am On Jan 02, 2009
Zimbabwe of Africa?
That obviously is not a statement by a fair-minded person. Biafrans control the economy of Nigeria! and yet you say they would have been Zimbabweans?
A tribe whose entire citizen's were left with N20 per account holder (irrespective of the amount you had in the bank before the war) came back and has built the first indigenous power plant and you say they are not naturally great people?
Men and Brethren, when emotions and hatred beclouds the reasoning of a person he becomes very moronic in his reasoning.
Have you not heard that the UN flagged Nnewi for automobile skills and Aba for leatherwork mastery? I laugh at some people.
Read this from onw of my earlier posts

A little talk on Biafra (extracted from an earlier post)

When I think of what Biafra would have been if we had seceded, i really feel like weeping but at the same time it makes me see what we could achieve in the midst of war. It also reminds me that Biafra can and will become that great and independent nation. Biafra would have and has the capacity to be an African Technology Superpower and when I say it I mean it with evidence. It takes the natural gift of being technologically gifted to be able to achieve these in the midst of terrible war:-
[b]"In the three years of the war necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years of heroic bound, we leapt across the great chasm that separates knowledge from know-how. We built rockets, and we designed and built our own delivery systems. We guided our rockets. We guided them far; we guided them accurately. For three years, blockaded without hope of import, we maintained all our vehicles. The state extracted and refined petrol, individuals refined petrol in their back gardens. We built and maintained our airports, maintained them under heavy bombardment. Despite the heavy bombardment, we recovered so quickly after each raid that we were able to maintain the record for the busiest airport in the continent of Africa. We spoke to the world through telecommunication system engineered by local ingenuity; the world heard us and spoke back to us! We built armored cars and tanks. We modified aircraft from trainer to fighters, from passenger aircraft to bombers. In the three years of freedom we had broken the technological barrier. . . .
http://www.igbocalgary.ca/aboutus.html
[/b]That was the speech delivered towards the end of the war by Ojukwu. It was also on wikipedia.
What the Igbos achieved in the 3 years of turmoil, the failed Nigeria has not been able to achieve even up till her last 48th Anniversary! . . . . at least a functioning refinery!
Why then will the jealous and cunning Yoruba and Unimaginative/backward Hausa people not be afraid of letting Biafra go for fear that Biafra will overtake them in a short while? Do you know that if you speak to any elderly man that was of age during the war, he'll still tell you how the Igbos built bombs locally! My neighbor told me a lot. The locally made bombs were called "ogbunigwe" which means "massive killer" in igbo language. They were made from gunpowder which was in turn made from garri!
I was told the Igbos built a biafra radio station and mounted the antennas on palm trees! The lousy nigerian army must have been busy looking for the MTN-mast-like transmitter from which they were broadcasting to biafrans . . . no knowing we had perfected stealth military techniques. The Uli air strip was simply a road that was converted to an airforce base. . . .not just an ordinary airforce base but a stealth airforce base that was invisible from airspace during the day and used to launch night counter strikes!

Further feelings of injustice were caused by Nigeria, during the war, changing its currency so that Biafran supplies of pre-war Nigerian currency were no longer honoured and then, at the end of the war, offering only N£20 to easterners on exchange of their Biafran currency. This was seen as a deliberate policy to hold back the Igbo middle class, leaving them with little wealth to expand their business interests. - wikipedia
Every Igbo man lost all the money he had in banks and was entitled to 20 naira ONLY!!! Today we virtually control the economy of Nigeria in Business, Importation, Automobiles and even in Economic Administration . . . .the likes of Soludos and the Okonjo-Iwealas. What a fast come-back. Has the hausa man been able to meet up even when they have had power for almost as long as i have been on this earth as a child and a youth.

Igbos are destined to be great. The hausa man and the yoruba man are afraid of where they see us going and they are determined that since they may not have the natural inborn gifts that are required to reach there, they must hold us down with them. The God of the Jews is still the God of the Igbos! Like the Jews (of whom we descended) we will get to the promised land of Biafra.
Its simple logic!
When a man is sinking, he tries to hold on to any thing he sees to stay help him stay afloat or to drag it down with himself. Whereas a man who knows that he can stay afloat will always try to let go of any unnecessary weight that will drag him down.
The Igbos know they can stay afloat and are ready to let go of any unnecessary burden. The Yorubas and the Hausas are by their actions telling us that they are sinking! Holding on to the Igbos to stay afloat!

. . .leer y reflexionar . . .read and reflect on these . . .
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 1:58am On Jan 02, 2009
@negro mts
i was going to make a long winded comment untill i read your awesome comments in the first and second pages, subsequent comments after that made me totally give up as it became clear people will rather revel in their ethnic bigotry and intolerance than facing up to the gospel truth and their failings,
when any form of criticism is met by verbal beat downs,its the same thing as pouring water on a solid rock and expecting it to soak into the middle, hence the reason we still hear the same thing over and over again many years down the line, for anyone taking the likes of orji uzor kalu serious and his co horts shows the seriousness of the biafra bid and why most nigerians dont lose any sleep over it,why would yar adua be worried when he knows full well the secession bid is nothing to write home abut in the fisrt place,all we have heard fr the past couple of years is ogbunigwe bomb,capacity to make oil bla bla yet the same feat has not been replicated almost 50 years after the war, the jews all round the world lost 6 million yet they have not had the defeatist attitude or used all the excuses in the book to account for theor failures and short comings.

im expecting the cyber biafra revolutionaries to blow me up with a cyber bomb after reading these comments as is their usual to any dissenting views,as for these all round the world singing the secession hym,we r tired of all these talk and no action,please send all you dollars pounds yen,euros home to iboland,buy weapons and make ogbunigwe bombs and start thiswar for secession already,its been almost 50 years of all talk no action and you r running out of excuses!!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ellyptical: 9:54am On Jan 02, 2009
@ Lucabrasi
what were all y'all doing when people who lost all their possessions and money (and were left with 20Naira) came back to dominate your economy?
The biggest electronic market in west africa (and maybe even in Africa) is controlled by Igbos.
The largest market in west africa is controlled by the Igbos.
Remember one thing, you cant Keep a Jew tied down for too long!

PS: For those who say jewish ancestry of the Igbos is vanity, open a thread specially on that and i'll fill it with facts. You guys need to Wake Up! You can't know our history better than we do!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Naijex: 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2009
Ellyptical:

Zimbabwe of Africa?
That obviously is not a statement by a fair-minded person. Biafrans control the economy of Nigeria! and yet you say they would have been Zimbabweans?
A tribe whose entire citizen's were left with N20 per account holder (irrespective of the amount you had in the bank before the war) came back and has built the first indigenous power plant and you say they are not naturally great people?
Men and Brethren, when emotions and hatred beclouds the reasoning of a person he becomes very moronic in his reasoning.
Have you not heard that the UN flagged Nnewi for automobile skills and Aba for leatherwork mastery? I laugh at some people.

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu = Robert Gabriel Mugabe

The warlord would have turned Biafra into his own.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by IGWEUSA(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2009
Naijex:

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu = Robert Gabriel Mugabe

The warlord would have turned Biafra into his own.

@Naijex

stop breathing 2ru your ANUS embarassed embarassed
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2009
Biafran could have been the japan of africa

Presido, sure it can be the technological frontier for Africa now. Igbos are not the only African tribes known to be industrious, but given the mineral and agricultural resources in its territorial land and the experience of war Igbos have an advantage to itself far ahead to be the premier of Black technologies. What's holding it back? Biafra was the first level plane ground upon which the identity of Igbo ethnicity was launched to the outside world. Around the globe, people that know about Nigeria and its politics when they meet you they ask what tribe you are from. If you say Igbo they spontaneously respond with a connection to the Biafran war. They do not see the Igbos as industrious people or as technically adept. They see Igbos as a people who fought a war. Their view of Igbos need to change. The Yorubas cannot change that image. The Hausas cannot change that image. It is only the Igbos can change their own image around the globe. Step away from war, from separation, speak loud and clear to the world about other values in your culture and ethnic land that is noble and warm. Raise your appeal. This is the general and consistent tone of my post but I have diverted few times to respond to issues that I shouldn't even have concerned myself with because they do not merit response really. It's a new year, I will have a new style to my posts going forward. Strictly on point, no sidetalk! grin
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2009
Ibime:

My friend, calm down dia. If you truly are from Asa, that means we are brothers.

I am a known Igbo supporter on this site. I am just looking for trouble, thats all. Just because I question Biafra success, does not mean I do not support Biafra. I fully wish I was living in Biafra instead of Naija. However, my point still stands about Igbo value systems - where wealth alone is used to judge a man's worth. And I stand by my statements about the embezzlement of Biafran funds by Ojukwu and all the other contractors who chopped money.

Ibime,
The Igbo value you seem to stand on seems to have been carved up by you and those Nigerian that had stereotyped Igbo’s about money. It is not and had never been in Igbo culture to measure man based on his wallet, just check many Igbo adages from our forefather that typified that, like "Ife Eji Ama Nmadu abughi so ego, Ezigbo omume so ya" meaning "what makes about is not all about money but good character too".

Igbo’s had no apologies for their entrepreneurship, as that was what saved us after Awolowo and Nigeria seized all our assets and cash after the war and every single Igbo man had to start with 20 Nigerian pounds. Look at those that had looted Nigeria or even legalised embezzlement in Nigeria and tell me how many of them are Igbo’s? But what we have been stereotyped is that we love money while everyone else hated it and then you asked yourself why there so much stolen of public money when Igbo had been outside the corridors of govt since 1970?

I don't know of any Biafra fund that was looted by another one let alone Ojukwu. For anything Ojukwu used his family fortune to fight for Biafra course, if you actually knew his background or what you are talking about. I don't speak for Ikemba but he is one of the few people today you can say that no mention of corruption in terms of public fund had been associated with from the beginning till this day.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2009
Xavier.:

Dede

Do u have to be so abusive. Gragra no de solve anything, thought the civil war would have taught u that.

I don't see any abusive language in what DEDE was saying. Yes no single city in Nigeria outside federal effort or foreign firm will compare to Aba, Onitsha or Nnewi in terms of industralization and it all down to personal and individual effort of Igbo people. That is no garagara according to you but a fact. The problem is that people like you that preach about one Nigeria actually knew next to nothing about one Nigeria as they never escape from their enclave all their lives.

Yes, give Onitsha or Aba the kind of incentive needed to industralization like an equivalent of MM airport and dualization of our roads as you had in Kano and Lagos and dredged the river Niger to allow shipping cargoes in and give us a 21st century River Niger bridge and then come back in ten years and see things for yourself.

This is not garagara but fact, that NiGERIA had done all they could to keep Igbos as back as they can by making so many things Abuja federal govt oriented and we had to beg for even essential things to be done and yet non is done and there is nothing we can do about it while still in Nigeria.
Remember how Igbos had to tax themselves to build the Owerri airport without a dime from the govt? Then tell me any region in Nigeria that had even built a primary school without govt, let alone an airport?
From 1970 till this day, Igbo communities had built more than 4000 primary and secondary schools without state/federal contribution and equiped them and handed over to govts. I don't call that garagara. Let have Biafra and if we then come back begging to be let back into Nigeria, then cut our necks off.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by SuperPap: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2009
aba onisha owerri are
full of rubbish and heaps of trash
smelling
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2009
bawomolo:

Intra ethnic rivalries existed in Biafra during the civil war.  The idea that disintegration would solve Nigeria's problem is just a fantasy

modern day Germany and Italy were created through the merging of republics, ever heard of prussia?

Bawomolo,

Don't quote prussian for me,we all knew what it mean and that would had made my point clear that you can fuse people of different likes together and expect progress intead of in fighting. Leave Prussian behind now and tell me what type of nation it will be if you are to fuse Germany, Italy, Britain, France together as one single nation?  What would had happened if Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Kenya and Malawi are to be fused together as one single nation?  That is what Nigeria exactly is- fusion of mny nations with different out looks and wants in life together as one nation.

There are intra ethnic rivalry in Biafra accordinging to you, therefore kill Biafra, Odudwa, Arewa, Delta idea. You forgot that husband and wife fights, families fights and so on and that doesn't mean that those foundations are flawed because of in fighting. That is the fact of life. In fighting in Biafra would have been like in fighting between a Yorkshire man and a Geordie man in England but when it comes to common interest, everyone put hands on deck.

It different from in fighting in Nigeria, as it's based on having one over one another to undermine each other, never had ever been all hand on deck with Nigeria and it will not start today, tommorrow or next, and their had never been a common goal in Nigeria, except during football tournaments. That is the point.
Some had said that because they expect corruption in Biafra, Oduduwa etc as in Nigeria, therefore a bad idea. well expectation had never been a clog in ambition in history of man. People had never stopped getting married despite millions of divorces each year.

Those that use the spread of fear of what could happen to keep an un-working system the same, are just postponing the evil day. Just because Nigeria had failed doesn't mean individual republics will fail. Let try it and then if it fail, we knew there is no other option, but you can't continue to fault an untried system.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Naijex: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Presido, sure it can be the technological frontier for Africa now. Igbos are not the only African tribes known to be industrious, but given the mineral and agricultural resources in its territorial land and the experience of war Igbos have an advantage to itself far ahead to be the premier of Black technologies. What's holding it back? Biafra was the first level plane ground upon which the identity of Igbo ethnicity was launched to the outside world. Around the globe, people that know about Nigeria and its politics when they meet you they ask what tribe you are from. If you say Igbo they spontaneously respond with a connection to the Biafran war. They do not see the Igbos as industrious people or as technically adept. They see Igbos as a people who fought a war. Their view of Igbos need to change. The Yorubas cannot change that image. The Hausas cannot change that image. It is only the Igbos can change their own image around the globe. Step away from war, from separation, speak loud and clear to the world about other values in your culture and ethnic land that is noble and warm. Raise your appeal. This is the general and consistent tone of my post but I have diverted few times to respond to issues that I shouldn't even have concerned myself with because they do not merit response really. It's a new year, I will have a new style to my posts going forward. Strictly on point, no sidetalk! grin

Wisdom talk my bros. Please say this more louder on NL
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2009
Naijex:

Look my brother, remember June 12 election when everybody voted for Abiola-Kingibe which was Moslem-Moslem ticket of the time. Just because Nigerians have the hope in them, we voted for them but was annull by IBB. Tofa did not even win his L.G. So rule out that any average Nigeria will not vote for Ibo president. Just provide a good candidate that the people want.

I'm saying again this is an opportunity to take the fight to the polls.

And on Europe issue. Please make inquires on what is called the European union.

Arise Oh Compatriots.

Yes my brother, you could have easily answered your own question. What then happened to June 12? Why was what was judged as your best, never allowed to stand? Who are those behind it? To what extent did those millions that voted for Abiola/Kingibe defended that mandate if it were that important to them including Kingibe himself just like in Ukraine few years ago? How do you explain the action of the same northerner that voted MKO calling the annulment an act of God? Or those that said the June 12 was Yorubanized but failed to unYorubanized it, if that is the case?

With June 12, that is not part of the script of how Nigeria works, hence it saw no ight of the day. Nigeria is all about the sort of stuff obtained between 1999 till this day. That is typical Nigeria that stand the day light and nothing more and if you think that will change, then good luck to you.

I will, like millions of others, like Nigeria to work.  But if we are honest to ourselves, Nigeria as a single entity will never work in a million years,  not because I don't want it but that is how it is. It's like teaching Fela Kuti to be a suit wearing gentleman- will never work in a trillion years!!!!
Just carefully look at Nigeria from top to bottom and tell me that truefully you can see things ever to change for the better if not worse? That is why every single Nigerian new ruler is worse that than the one one he replaces.

Is Biafra, Oduduwa, Delta and Arewa the 100% solution? Emphatic NO!!!!! But it gives us new aspiration, something new to look forward to as how it will work, competition among them (who would like to be called the old Nigerian among them?)
It's like having a new husband, wife, girlfirend or boyfriend or even a new job after many years of nighmare with the old one. Even if it last for few months before the old ways surface and who said the old ways will always surface?
My father had always said: Do not stay in a smelly environment more than necessary, thinking that it's had always been smelly elsehwere too, not until you step out and try somewhere else.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Naijex: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2009
Never say Never again because no body know tomorrow
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2009
Naijex:

@Udezue
Even you no get confidence say Ibo, Ibiobio, Ijaw etc  fit be Naija president. You guys needs to change that mentality first. Are you not Nigerian.

And in 2009, My guy na this same Biafra your follow.

You have better chance to be president than forming Biafra.

Try build up strategy to get a south-south/south-east person in Aso rock. The place no be for Hausa/Fulanni or Yoruba only. Na for all Nigerians (Minority/majority)

Instead of this Biafra BS. Mobilize for unity among your tribesmen and aspire for Aso rock.

I think you are the one that needed changing your mentality that everything revolves around being president of Nigeria. That mentality is the reason Nigeria is not working and will never work. As people fight to be president but has no idea what a president does. Igbo man being president will not change Nigeria for better.

The problem with Nigeria is the system and structure that produce the leaders. Nigeria is too big to be managed  from one source by one person, in a third world envorinment.
So ,no matter who is in charge of Nigeria will make no different because the peron will still act according to the system and structure that  ia geared toward protecting certain interest.

We can have our independence and still have positive economic union and even a single currency just like the Europeans. Hence France is not part of Germany.
The most succesful African currency till date is the CFA Franc but that doesn't mean Cameroon fused together as one nation with Gabon or Benin.
It's funny, your advise is for us to mobilize our tribes man to Aso Rock and then everything is solved and you still claimed fruitfulness of one nation while encouraging tribalism and what stops other tribes too mobilizing their  own tribes man to Aso Rock? And then what happen? Mr Brainy
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2009
Ibime:

My friend sharrap dia! Was it not Madiebo who criticised Ojukwu for overseeing all the purchase of weaponry himself and giving the contract to one of his foreign friends? Did Madiebo not say that the weapons they received were rubbish and not up to par? If you read between the lines, Madiebo was implying that someone chopped money, whether it is Ojukwu or the contractor. This was a strong cause of conflict between the Biafran Generals and Ojukwu at the time, although no one dared question Ojukwu.

I am not an English man but what you just quoted to Madiebo saying can be called an incompetence and not embezelment if that is the case.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by IGWEUSA(m): 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2009
SuperPap:

aba onisha owerri are
full of rubbish and heaps of trash
smelling
@superpap

sharrap!
Ajegunle boy wey never brush dey talk ! shocked shocked
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2009
lucabrasi:

@negro mts
i was going to make a long winded comment untill i read your awesome comments in the first and second pages, subsequent comments after that made me totally give up as it became clear people will rather revel in their ethnic bigotry and intolerance than facing up to the gospel truth and their failings,
when any form of criticism is met by verbal beat downs,its the same thing as pouring water on a solid rock and expecting it to soak into the middle, hence the reason we still hear the same thing over and over again many years down the line, for anyone taking the likes of orji uzor kalu serious and his co horts shows the seriousness of the biafra bid and why most nigerians don't lose any sleep over it,why would yar adua be worried when he knows full well the secession bid is nothing to write home abut in the fisrt place,all we have heard fr the past couple of years is ogbunigwe bomb,capacity to make oil bla bla yet the same feat has not been replicated almost 50 years after the war, the jews all round the world lost 6 million yet they have not had the defeatist attitude or used all the excuses in the book to account for theor failures and short comings.

I'm expecting the cyber biafra revolutionaries to blow me up with a cyber bomb after reading these comments as is their usual to any dissenting views,as for these all round the world singing the secession hym,we r tired of all these talk and no action,please send all you dollars pounds yen,euros home to iboland,buy weapons and make ogbunigwe bombs and start thiswar for secession already,its been almost 50 years of all talk no action and you r running out of excuses!!

Nice comment, yes the more you hear Biafrans, the more they kept saying  the same things despite your Ogbunigwe ridicules. Doesn't that say something to you that what a child kept harpping from year after year shows that there is something there?
After all your Yabbis, you still will campaign on the cyber space for Igbos to remain in Nigeria through your ridicules. You and the likes of Yar Adua will never have the courage to call their bluff.  Tell Igbos to p*** off to Biafra, if they are annoying you.
Who is talking about war gong you are beating? which is what many blood thirsty Nigerians want.  If we talk about war, you will be the first remind us to do it through talking and we can't win either way.
People had ridiculed Biafra but still can't alllow Biafran to have their way and see if they will rush back to be let back into Nigeria.  You can't hold a man down and still not allow him to cry.  We are cybe warrior! No problem, at least your are hearing the cyber warriors, that must count for something.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Presido, sure it can be the technological frontier for Africa now.  Igbos are not the only African tribes known to be industrious, but given the mineral and agricultural resources in its territorial land and the experience of war Igbos have an advantage to itself far ahead to be the premier of Black technologies.  What's holding it back?  Biafra was the first level plane ground upon which the identity of Igbo ethnicity was launched to the outside world. Around the globe, people that know about Nigeria and its politics when they meet you they ask what tribe you are from.  If you say Igbo they spontaneously respond with a connection to the Biafran war.  They do not see the Igbos as industrious people or as technically adept.  They see Igbos as a people who fought a war.  Their view of Igbos need to change.  The Yorubas cannot change that image.  The Hausas cannot change that image.  It is only the Igbos can change their own image around the globe.  Step away from war, from separation, speak loud and clear to the world about other values in your culture and ethnic land that is noble and warm.  Raise your appeal.  This is the general and consistent tone of my post but I have diverted few times to respond to issues that I shouldn't even have concerned myself with because they do not merit response really.  It's a new year, I will have a new style to my posts going forward.  Strictly on point, no sidetalk!   grin

Ha ha ha! The people of the world you mean is you, isn't it?
You mean that is the way you see Igbo? people that fight a war and nothing more.
That is not a problem, the only problem is that of your sorry story of how the world see the Igbos while you are actually talking about yourself mental state.
You have created an image of me and my people in your head and it's not a positive one and then expect me to cuddle you up inside one country or expect that you will do the right things as long as Igbo are concern?
The unfortunate thing is that, there are many like you with such self built mental Image of Igbos that are ruling Nigeria and you still think we stand a chance fighting such a mental image you and them had built? Not a chance!
God help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Naijex: 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Eziachi
Surely, i 'm not a tribalist and that is why i 'm advising you on unifying the nation instead of fighting for division.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 3:07am On Jan 03, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

dude,you keep on beating me to the comments i want to make grin
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 3:25am On Jan 03, 2009
@ellyptical
if it makes you feel good then go for it,im sure obama is from ndigbo as well,after all the name sounds and spells ibo OBAMA , OBIOMA so im not surprised you r now likening your tribe to jews because they r successful,who doesnt want to associate themselves with sucess grin grin grin

neway,are your great enemies the hausas not great traders and industious as well?
check out the richest hausas like dantata,kotoko e.t.c all made their millions strictly through trading,in spite of their illiteracy they took on a lot of distributorship from multinationals e.t.c but you dont hear them likening themselves to pakistanis,and lets assume for a minute that you r descendant of jews,like negro and others have asked,how come you cant replicate the sucess of your perceived forebears in the south east??
yes the ibos are sucessful traders maybe its cause they overwhelmingly opted to go for an apprenticeship rather than getting a degree which the yoruba counterpart did,im not knocking them for it because, im a believer of individuals applying themselves to whatever they know best ,but the point im making is that their success in trading,is the yoruba success in education and the hausa success in trading as well in their agricultural products,diary e.t.c
@eziachi
no one is calling for war,as its not the only medium to prove your technological prowress,seeing as you always claim to be descendant of jews because of their sucess,how come you r not replicating their sucess in nigeria?biafra war has come and gone t least more than 40 years ago if im not mistaken and all we see and hear all the time that you v been banging into our ears is the potential without action, im sure you wont blame the rest of us nigeria if we r complaining that its getting irritating and tiring hearing the same song over and over after almost 50 years
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by BOSS7: 3:42am On Jan 03, 2009
Naijex:

Never say Never again because no body know tomorrow

Can you please say this to Primate Babatunde?
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2009
@negro mts

If you decide to flaunt your stark ignorance in the public, please knock yourself out with it but be modest when choosing the arena. You have just made Nigeria synonymous with stupidity. If Ndigbo are known for the war so be it. It is not a gain-saying to reiterate the fact the Ndigbo have resolved to step out of the colonial contraption called Nigerian. By the way, why should many demented punks like you get twisted out of form on hearing that Ndigbo are bent on opting out of Nigeria? Nigerians should emulate the peaceful separation that took place in the Balkans in order to avoid the inevitability of the war of attrition.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2009
dude,you keep on beating me to the comments i want to make

Luca, they say Great minds think alike! grin

I am so elated to see that a new link exist for tribalism and sectaraniasm posts. This will leave room for Great minds to converge and discuss practical issues without the unecessary diversions from ellusive minds fantasising about unpragmatic ideals.

Thank you Seun and your team for creating the filter. grin
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by doyin13(m): 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2009
Honestly. . . .I don't blame the Igbo separatists.

I find it very annoying though, they keep harping on about
us holding them back.

Fact is, Nigeria will not aid you in self -elevation, but by and large,
the system does not actively seek to destroy you at every juncture
either, as has been claimed here.

Fine, seek to go your separate way, but don't come with claptrap, like
but for the rest of the country, Igboland would have been the Japan of
Africa.

Sound like excuses to me. And I thought the Igbos don't do excuses.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2009
Nigerians should emulate the peaceful separation that took place in the Balkans in order to avoid the inevitability of the war of attrition

Try reading books and getting educated instead of spewing falsehood all over internet.

Even an idiot knows the Balkans endured a bitter war to break up or why Milosevic and other generals in Hague

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria As A Name And The Amalgamation / Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply / Mega Cities And Super Creeks (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.