Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? (9619 Views)

Amechi's AIT Interview On Focus Nigeria Was A Shame! / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2009
Ibime:

Look at this idiot. You should be happy that I even acknowledge my Igbo ancestry. Unlike you, I do not see the world in black and white. Do you not know that the Oru (Ijaw) people inhabited Southern Nigeria before anyone else? Oh boy go and check your history mehn.

I hope you remember at the Oputa panel when Elechi Amadi fought for the right to Ikwerre sovereignty and the Ikwerre representatives established the fact that they are a seperate nation from Ndigbo.

On one hand, you beg Nigeria for Independence. On the other hand, you refuse to allow the Etche's, Ahoadas and Ikwerres to forge their own destiny.

I knew you were a fool but not to this extent!! I should be happy you acknowledged your igbo ancestry? LMAO! You can deny it and i will not lose a sleep over that, So chill.

Who wrote the history of the Ijos? The Ijos themselves of course!! The way they are trying to "Ijawlize" The entire Niger Delta. Any archeological evidence to show they where there before others? Nonsense!!

I am not and we are not begging Nigeria for any independenece. They are begging us not to secede because they need us.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2009
We are not marketing ourselves. We are known for war and you're known for Juju all over the globe (santerismo cubana)

Prior to 1966, which war did Igbo ever fight and how many of them did you win? Go ahead and list.

Yoruba is proud of its indigenous culture and religion. It bothers us that we are practicing the faith of foreigners - Islam and Xtianity, we'd rather just stick with the ways of our forefathers and in the end that may just be what will happen as we evolve into the future. You can make juju out of any religion - Judaism, Xtianity, Islam, . . .etc.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2009
Ibime:

Look at this idiot. My guy, proper use of English is beyond you, so stop trying to speak big grammar and dropping kpoa all over the place.

Your allegation of Izon being from Ghana is just stupid so I will not even answer it. The only migrants from Ghana to be found in the Niger-Delta are the Ogoni who settled here 150 years ago.

I asked you a simple question - does any Igbo man go home to PH for Christmas? And the answer is no.

Now you are trying to annexe the Ikwerres in order to strengthen your claim on PH. Why don't you go and claim Ahoada, Etche, Ndoni and all the other lands that lie further north of PH first? slowpoke!

Now, if you don't know, PH started at Isaac Boro Park, right near the port where the ships unload. From there it spread North to Oil Mill and South to Borokiri. If you stupid ass doesn't know, the whole of Nnamdi Azikiwe rd to Lagos Bus Stop and Aggrey Road to Borokiri is all Okrika land. Anything to the east of Rainbow is also Okrika land. The Amadi referred to is the Amadi village of Okrika near Mothercart, not the Amadi of the Ikwerre. Even if you forcefully annexed the Ikwerre's, half of Port Harcourt can never be yours.

Ikwerre people are not part of Ndigbo. Na by force? Thats like forcing the Itsekiri to join the Yoruba. You do not speak the same language anymore. At best they can be described as Igboid. They are as distinct from you as the Spanish are from the Italians and Portuguese and the Dutch are from the Germans.

This is what I was talking about earlier when I said Ndigbo is not democratic in it's dealings. If you can alienate me, a proud supporter of Biafra, then what chance do you have of winning over the Yoruba to your cause? You know you cannot break free of Nigeria without their support.

Now, please read this lesson from history and learn for yourself that under no circumstance will any Ikwerre man consider himself to be an Igbo man.

http://nationalpointonline.com/nponline/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,print,0&cntnt01articleid=627&cntnt01showtemplate=false&cntnt01returnid=15

According to my late father, politics actually started in Ikwerre in 1955 with the election of councilors into the then only council for Ikwerre/Etche Federated Council at Choba. But proper political awareness diffused into majority of Ikwerre people in 1964, when one Eluguru Onu (a Diobu based Ibo man), rose to contest for the only seat allotted to Ikwerre in the House of Representatives against a son of Ikwerre land (Barrister Nwobidike Nwonodi).

This attempt by an Ibo man to represent Ikwerre was viewed as an affront to the people of Ikwerre ethnic nationality. It therefore generated a lot of tension in the land as that challenge woke Ikwerre people up which made them to decide to pool their resources together to decimate the pugnacity exhibited by the said Mr. Onu.

**** Take note of the tone of the emboldened part. That alone should tell you that the Ikwerres consider it an outrage for Igbo's to claim them*****

The Ikwerre people succeeded at the end of the contest as Barr. Nwonodi emerged victorious. Before this period, political support or solidarity was more of a tribal thing than the popularity of the political party. No wonder every taxable adult in all the communities in Ikwerre land, contributed his widow’s might in cash and kind through a general levy to see the victory project through.

Now, of you realy want to learn about Ikwerre identity. I have provided a link for you. Just because people speak something similar to your language, that doesn't mean they are one of you. You can be as different as the English and the Americans or the Beron and the Hausa.

https://www.naijamall.com/newsdatabase_template_page.asp?cmd=commentdetail&commentid=218

http://www.ikwerreusa.com/achinewhu.pdf

The last time I checked though, the politics of Eastern Nigeria started before the primaries of 1955 that led to the general election of 1956. If Ikwerre/Etche would want the son of the soil to represent her at Enugu or Lagos as the case maybe, It had nothing to do with the ethnicity. In Ngwaland, people like Chief Ururuka and Jajanwachukwu represented Ngwaland not somebody from Abakaliki or Ikwerre. In WAWA axis, we have people like Onoh and Ugwu. In Urutta, we people like Nmegwam and Njoku. In Ikeduru axis, there was one Chief AUD Mba not Ikwerre/Etche person.

Please I had rather have someone with a well configured social order above his/her shoulder supporting a Biafran cause than one imbecilic slowpoke like Ibime.

If you are a grammar, I can teach it as course but thank goodness you are a load of rubbish nobody would take on a Pro-bono.  

As your comment pertaining to the Ogoni people, I shall leave it for the Ogoni indigenes to cross sword with you on that issue. According to one of your skewed claims, your empty slowpoke claimed that Izon people settled in Nigeria before Ndigbo. Did Ogoni people leap frog over the Izon to settle in Nigeria? Please get a grip on your irredeemable idiocy.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Prior to 1966, which war did Igbo ever fight and how many of them did you win? [b]Go ahead and list.
[/b]
Yoruba is proud of its indigenous culture and religion. It bothers us that we are practicing the faith of foreigners - Islam and Xtianity, we'd rather just stick with the ways of our forefathers and in the end that may just be what will happen as we evolve into the future. You can make juju out of any religion - Judaism, Xtianity, Islam, . . .etc.

The wars the Igbos fought is not the issue here or is it? You mentioned that we are not known outside Nigeria for nothing short of that war or didn't you? Why are you flaming like LNG in off shore rigs?

What are you people known for other than "santerismo" outside the shores of Nigeria? answer me "Mr. Igbo Advicer" on how to market ethnicities. I can't believe what i read in Nairaland sometimes. We are not asking for your pity or support, when we needed that we were given 20 Nigerian pounds each to start life and re-insert ourselves to the dubious fold called Nigeria.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2009
Dede1:

As your comment pertaining to the Ogoni people, I shall leave it for the Ogoni indigenes to cross sword with you on that issue. According to one of your skewed claims, your empty slowpoke claimed that Izon people settled in Nigeria before Ndigbo. Did Ogoni people leap frog over the Izon to settle in Nigeria? Please get a grip on your irredeemable idiocy.   

This idiot. It is better you learn about the local issues in River State before opening your mouth to spew bunkum. Even the Ogoni's acknowledge that they are originally from the upper-Volta region of Ghana. Only in your bush mind is that meant as a slight to the Ogoni people. When they landed in Niger-Delta, the Ibani people of Opobo gave them virgin bush inbetween Opobo and Okrika to settle in and named them Igoni (meaning foreigner). The British later bastardised the name as Ogoni, the same way they changed Okrika's name from Wakirike to Okrika. Look it's better you focus on Igbo issues, not Niger Delta issues cos you know nothing about the local interaction between all the Niger Delta tribes.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by asha80(m): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2009
This idiot. It is better you learn about the local issues in River State before opening your mouth to spew bunkum. Even the Ogoni's acknowledge that they are originally from the upper-Volta region of Ghana. Only in your bush mind is that meant as a slight to the Ogoni people. When they landed in Niger-Delta, the Ibani people of Opobo gave them virgin bush inbetween Opobo and Okrika to settle in and named them Igoni (meaning foreigner). The British later bastardised the name as Ogoni, the same way they changed Okrika's name from Wakirike to Okrika. Look it's better you focus on Igbo issues, not Niger Delta issues because you know nothing about the local interaction between all the Niger Delta tribes

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2009
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success?
« #144 on: Yesterday at 09:41:54 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@lucabrasi

I have come to grip that most lily-hearted and demented punks like you can not finish what they started. It was out of your empty evolution that you replied to one elliptical post thereby showing the character of person you were molded.

I did not choose the imbecilic analogy where you attributed Ndigbo gravitating toward apprenticeship in trade while the Yoruba embraced university degrees. Out of sheer goodwill, I gave you the same analogy you had posited in your previous post about Ndigbo being evidenced at alaba,ladipo etc in Lagos State as traders. Whilst on this Alaba, Ladipo market fantasy of yours, your attention was drawn to my observation about the Yoruba commercial vehicle drivers, thus, Molue, Danfo and Bolikaja within Alaba and Ladipo markets. I had to burst your bubble because you are not the only fool who have stepped onto Alaba, Ladipo etc in Lagos State.

Do you not think that JAMB office or its products are legitimate source of referencing information?

I could not arrest myself from laughing my shoes off. when I read where you stumbled into drug and addition crap. In fact, it is my fault to have joined you in this silly debate. As of the drug overdose insinuation, just be very careful because it takes one idiot to understand another. My advice to you is to shun the crack

@dede1 a.k.a osuofia a.k.a quota system

if not being on speed and marijuana laced with a grade cocaine is akin to being lily hearted then ill heartily subscribe to that name grin

your first paragraph has shown you r jonesing from your drug induced binge hence the incoherence cause i honestly dont get that,ill be open to explanation,

all i asked was a credible and non biased proof of your assertion that the ibos scored the highest in jamb other educational qualifications mentioned
you could not arrest yourselfdude,will you stop embarrassing yourself and the demographics you claim to represent with your atrocious igodo megodo grammar lol
thank GOD you at least agree with me that you r an idiot, ill add that you r a certified idiot, dont worry i v decided to chill out for you as soon as i discovered you r quota system under another handle
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2009
Romeo,

We are best known for culture and civilization.  

Yoruba civilization is parallel with many other great civilizations around the globe.  Ifa has been recognized by UN and its even practiced by Europeans as well as South Americans and North Americans.  China said it is the equivalent of their I-Ching culture.  

Yorubas have indigenous philosophical and cosmological identity relative to the universe.  This identity is separate from the white man's western philosophy and culture, but rather an independent way of thinking and of lifestyle that evolved within the Nation.  Yoruba was a pre-eminent nation on the West African coast at the time when Europeans arrived.  We had fought battles and taken over land and people.

In Lagos for instance, history teaches you that white man arrived and just took over the land.  They never tell you that they had to fight for it with blood and property.  In the battle they lost one naval vessel and another one was sunk and they incurred fatalities with many British sailors dead and or injured.   If you go to the Oba's palace in Lagos there is a canon gun mounted in the courtyard.  This was the gun that belonged to the destroyed vessel and the Oba ordered it removed and taken to his palace as souvenir.  

We don't need to market our culture, people that encountered us in peace or in battle know who we are and they took our story back home to their people and mentioned our Greatness.  Yet, you don't hear Yorubas all over the place acting belligerent and overbearing.  We are humble.  But you take our humbleness for cowardice.  Don't for one minute think we fear you.  Its our philosophy to be humble.  Go and read Ifa divination for Eji Ogbe and you will understand why we are "Kool like Dat".  grin

I will mind Yoruba business and leave Igbo alone.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

In Lagos for instance, history teaches you that white man arrived and just took over the land.  They never tell you that they had to fight for it with blood and property.  In the battle they lost one naval vessel and another one was sunk and they incurred fatalities with many British sailors dead and or injured.   If you go to the Oba's palace in Lagos there is a canon gun mounted in the courtyard.  This was the gun that belonged to the destroyed vessel and the Oba ordered it removed and taken to his palace as souvenir. 

My friend sharrap dia  grin grin grin . . . . na only you get mouth?. . . . only one ship?. . . . please go and ask the British how many ships they lost in Niger Delta.  grin grin grin
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2009
@eziachi
why would i disagree with or have any negative bias towards the biafran bid?
all im saying is that while some of what you have mentioned are advancements for the actualisation of whatever you r fighting for secession and all,its not enough justification for at least 20 years, we r all agreed money isnt an option,neither do your demographic have a dearth of eminent personalities,
if its easier for you to be in denial then good for you, second you have conveniently given yourself selective amnesia while posting,i asked you a question most igbos have refused to answer,and true to form you have refused to answer it, pls answer the questions so that we ll know how to go about secedding
@ibime
where exactly in my comments have i verbally,physically or otherwise advocated for them to stay part of nigeri?
they r totally free to leave nigeria but i asked a question concernng the federal allocation and none of them have been bold enough to answer and address these issues, says a lot about the mind set tho doesnt it?
now dede1 slowpoke is pouring vitriol on yourself just because you said porthacourt isnt part of igbo,see what im saying about the subliminal objectives i biafra?
check the questions i posted again concerning the igb stance concerning the south south
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2009
Helpless, soulless, corrupt and clueless black men all over the place.
Watson must have been right. tongue
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2009
@romeo
as usual,you have completely ignored all sense of objective reasoning but have opted to make comments solely based on ethnic bias,so its operation i support my igbo brother, not suprised just bemused smiley
@ibime
seems hillarious that the people you r trying to support brough out their fangs the moment you briefly highlighted the independence of porthacourt, now imagine advocating for complete sovereignty of the south south ,thank GOD that the slanging match all you former allies are having now has justified me and others comments, ill just pull up a chair and get my box of popcorns grin grin
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2009
Ibime:

Look at this idiot. It is this kind of expansionist attitude that creates enemies for Ndigbo. Which Igbo tribe lives in PH? This guy, you are truly demented. From Elelenwo to Mile 3 Park is the land of the Ikwerres, whilst from Park to Borokiri is the land of the Okrika's. Also from Mothercart down to Abuloma, Amadi and Slaughter belongs to Okrika. Just because you have a name for a place does not mean you own the place, it is simply a name that your people use to refer to the place. In Okrika, we also had a name for PH before the white man renamed it PH. That does not mean we own it. Ogoni is a name that the Ibani gave to the Ogoni's. Ogoni being a subversion of Igoni, meaning foreigner. That does not mean that the Bonny people have any right to claim Ogoni land as theirs. Igbo's cannot even claim Ahoada as their land, talkless of PH.

This kind of attitude shows exactly why Biafra lost the support of some Niger-Delta people in 1967. Stupid idiot!

@Ibime,
I think you partly right and partly wrong. Port Harcourt all a whole city cannot claim any single group. Just as you said, their part that are Kalabari, Okrika and then Ikwerre, which has greater majorty of Port Harcourt. Ikwerre people are Igbos both in culture and language, unless like most of them you are saying they are not, which is not a problem for me because anyone can claim to be what he wants to be. I was born and grew up in Borokiri area and that is Okrika land, Obigbo or Oyibo as that madly call it now is Port Harcourt and core Igboland.

Greater number of people of old south east supported Biafra fully. I fought along side by side with many of them folks especially the Efik and Ibibios, they are great people. Opposition came only mainly from the Ijaws through their self centered leaders then like Ken Saro Wiwa and Edwin Clarke (and where are they today with Nigeria?). They got their rewards after the war. In a New Biafra, they can be part of it if they wish to and they can opt out if that is their wishes and a better option for them.
We are not planning the repeatition of another Nigeria (united by force).

We have lived and inter married peacefully for thousands of years before the white man came and yoked us with complete strangers from the North/West in name of the empire and we can live like that again if they so wish. That is why at least 40% of most Ijaws had an Igbo ancenstory. It's a fact.
The Opobo ruling family till this day are IGBOS.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2009
Ibime:

This idiot. It is better you learn about the local issues in River State before opening your mouth to spew bunkum. Even the Ogoni's acknowledge that they are originally from the upper-Volta region of Ghana. Only in your bush mind is that meant as a slight to the Ogoni people. When they landed in Niger-Delta, the Ibani people of Opobo gave them virgin bush inbetween Opobo and Okrika to settle in and named them Igoni (meaning foreigner). The British later bastardised the name as Ogoni, the same way they changed Okrika's name from Wakirike to Okrika. Look it's better you focus on Igbo issues, not Niger Delta issues because you know nothing about the local interaction between all the Niger Delta tribes.

When I wrote that you are a demented bastard, I did not know it was understatement. You keep proving your worth as a loudmouthed idiot on every post. I wonder who let you out of the cage to constitute yourself into a public nuisance on this site. I have nothing against Okirika people and please stop fronting for Okirika folks because you are making them look horrible. I am of the view that Okirika people had handful of dunces they needed to be eradicated so do not attempt to transplant yourself to Okirika.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 11:02pm On Jan 05, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Romeo,

We are best known for culture and civilization.  

Yoruba civilization is parallel with many other great civilizations around the globe.  Ifa has been recognized by UN and its even practiced by Europeans as well as South Americans and North Americans.  China said it is the equivalent of their I-Ching culture.  

Just the way Igbo Ukwu civilization is recognized worldwide. The same way Bini civilization is recognised too. And what is Ifa?

Negro_Ntns:

In Lagos for instance, history teaches you that white man arrived and just took over the land. They never tell you that they had to fight for it with blood and property. In the battle they lost one naval vessel and another one was sunk and they incurred fatalities with many British sailors dead and or injured. If you go to the Oba's palace in Lagos there is a canon gun mounted in the courtyard. This was the gun that belonged to the destroyed vessel and the Oba ordered it removed and taken to his palace as souvenir.

The Igbos fought the British like every other African nation, Yorubas did same and Bini kingdom did same. don't take credit for what was a general stuff then.

Negro_Ntns:

We don't need to market our culture, people that encountered us in peace or in battle know who we are and they took our story back home to their people and mentioned our Greatness. Yet, you don't hear Yorubas all over the place acting belligerent and overbearing. We are humble. But you take our humbleness for cowardice. Don't for one minute think we fear you. Its our philosophy to be humble. Go and read Ifa divination for Eji Ogbe and you will understand why we are "Kool like that". grin

I will mind Yoruba business and leave Igbo alone.

Funny guy cheesy cheesy. But i like the last sentence.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2009
lucabrasi:

@romeo
as usual,you have completely ignored all sense of objective reasoning but have opted to make comments solely based on ethnic bias,so its operation i support my igbo brother, not suprised just bemused smiley

Luca mechie onu there!! I was addressing the points i disagreed with. Do you have any problem with that? Who brought " Yorubas are educated and Igbos are not into this thread"? You did!! Bloody bigot.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by BOSS7: 12:05am On Jan 06, 2009
Romeo,Lucabrasi,Negro_Ntns,Ibime,Eziachi and Dede1, make all of una stop turning this into a wrestling ring I beg. The year of 2009 just start, pls save your abuses for these crook Nigerian politicians.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 12:40am On Jan 06, 2009
Eziachi, thank you very much. Please tell your brother Dede1 to get his facts right. I also grew up in Borokiri, near Navy base.

I hope you know that Saro-Wiwa is not an Ijaw sha.

Dede1, or is it Quotasystem? You are a buffoon. After being soundly defeated when it comes to the facts, all you know to do is exchange verbal missiles. Idiot!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 1:07am On Jan 06, 2009
@Ibime

You are a bitter compound idiot. When I lived in Igwe-Ocha mbarama (PH), the area of Borokiri was a swamp (slump). Other then the area of Abonima(sp) Wharf which I could concede to Okirika, the rest of PH is Igboland (Ikwerre). Even the mightiest deity in PH is Igbo. If a calibrated fool of you caliber thought that the saga of abandoned property had accorded you any ownership of anything in PH, think twice because the end is in sight.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 1:36am On Jan 06, 2009
Dede1:

@Ibime

You are a bitter compound idiot. When I lived in Igwe-Ocha mbarama (PH), the area of Borokiri was a swamp (slump). Other then the area of Abonima(sp) Wharf which I could concede to Okirika, the rest of PH is Igboland (Ikwerre). Even the mightiest deity in PH is Igbo. If a calibrated fool of you caliber thought that the saga of abandoned property had accorded you any ownership of anything in PH, think twice because the end is in sight.

Then you must be 100 years old seeing as my father grew up in Aggrey Road. Even Eziachi who was alive in the 1960's grew up in Borokiri. If so, when did you live in Igwe Ocha? In the 1940's? lol. The name and architecture of roads such as Harold Wilson rd and Churchill rd in Borokiri and Town proves beyond doubt that Borokiri has existed since colonial times.

You are so stupid, you do not even know that PH started in Borokiri and then expanded into Ikwerre lands. There is a reason you call it Igwe Ocha (Land of the white man) - simply, it is not your land. If you guys actually lived in Igwe Ocha, you would not name it after the white man. The name Igwe Ocha alone should expose your nefarious claims to ownership. What you call Igwe Ocha is what we Okrikas call home. You only named it Igwe Ocha after we sold it to the white man and they populated it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Harcourt

Port Harcourt was founded in 1912 by the British in an area traditionally inhabited by the Ikwerre and the Ijaw. Igbo traders called it Igwe Ocha which in their native tongue means "land of the white man". The land which is actually the Okrika Ijaw fishing settlement called Borokiri was given to the British to settle for administrative purpose replacing Degema in the heart of Kalabari which had become too far and obscure. The Chief Yellow of Bakana ( Kalabari ) stood as a witness when the Amayanabo ( KING ) of Okrika handed over the land to the British. The initial purpose of the port was to export the coal which geologist Albert Ernest Kitson had discovered in Enugu. Port Harcourt today has expanded deeply into Ikwere settlements. It attracted many Igbo traders and laborers who settled there in its early years. Igbo manpower played a major role in the development of Port Harcourt and today many of Port Harcourt's residents are Igbo.

So who is the indigene and who is the settler? Idiot!

You guys came there and started naming towns Umuola, Umuomasi and such, trying to stake claim to the land. Till today, the Ikwerre's still complain about your land grab. Your only claim to PH is that the Igbo-dominated Eastern Regional Government of pre-67 had carte-blanche to Igbolise the whole of PH. Thats why Ikwerres happily acquiesced to the name change of these places to Rumuola, Rumuomasi and so on after Rivers State was created.

As for the Ikwerre and other Igboid groups in Rivers State, I shall comment no further. Why not let them decide if they want to be part of Ndigbo or not? If it is their wish, no problem. If not, I don't know why you are having heart attack over it.

Just because you come to market in PH, does not mean it is your town. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 2:35am On Jan 06, 2009
My friend sharrap dia . . . . na only you get mouth?. . . . only one ship?. . . . please go and ask the British how many ships they lost in Niger Delta.

Ibime, you sef know say British man no go admit am lai lai say hin navy lost to delta people. grin I have often wondered why US NAVY never come to Delta to scout for potential SEALS. Anybody know say una be mammywater grin
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by BecomeRich: 3:01am On Jan 06, 2009
""""The Chief Yellow of Bakana ( Kalabari ) stood as a witness when the Amayanabo ( KING ) of Okrika handed over the land to the British. """ na fake story. someone just quickly put it there, check history,

wonder would never end, so who no know in nigeria, that the ijaw own port harcourt. If you do not believe, why were igbo not allow to to take back their properties after the civil war. If you own something would someone refuse to give you the properties on your land.

I have never heard igbo claiming to own port harcourt expect today on the internet. wonders would never end.  you see if you look at the satellite picture, the portion the igbo of river claim, my brother they said over 1 million in the census, una, close to nothing dey there. or you want me to start posting pictures again.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by BecomeRich: 3:14am On Jan 06, 2009
i know what is going. igbos hate be land lock,  don't fight with ijaws over land. MEND can start shooting. Why not try to claim calabar. Calabar people would give you access if nigeria break up. remember effiong philip.   so make una no worry,  you are covered. and they should not dredge the niger. onisha and asaba would sink if they do. erosion problem from satellite picture.

igbos do not worry even if nigeria breakup, calabar people may want to join you.

you can have a seaport not too far from Aba, along the imo river, it lead to opobo and into the atlantic ocean,  It is big it can hold ships. I don't have time to show you the picture. but the imo river lead into the ocean. it is short too. that can be a seaport there, 

The real problem is noone know igboman heart. Yorubas want to leave, ijaws want to leave, tiv want go. The only people you dont know thier mind is igbo. may be there want move o abuja. there better declare thier mind. This is the time to do so. If the conference go and you no talk,
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by udezue(m): 4:08am On Jan 06, 2009
Lubrasi is a bonafide Igbo hater. Typical Ijaw fool who have nothing else to show but his shameful display of hate and envy towards anything Igbo. The bagger may even have Igbo blood. DAMN SHAME.

Its like me or an Aro man showing so much hatred towards anything Ibibio. Hopeless.

lol @ the fact that he always talks about Yoruba people yet he is not Yoruba. Please focus on Ijaw and tell us what ur Igbo hating leaders have done and achieved for ur people after all the properties they stole from Igbos in parts of PH? I don't think Nigeria gave Ijaw folks only 20 pounds after the war unless u are an "Opugo".

Ibime,

U are extremely confused. U need no one to commend you that you acknowledge you are also Igbo. Are u stupid or what? Its like commending a mulatto man because he thinks he is also black. U are either Igbo or you are not. Am I asking any Ibibio to pat me on  the back because I do recognize that part of my ancestory? Get the heck out of here with that nonsense.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 5:48am On Jan 06, 2009
romeo:

Luca mechie onu there!! I was addressing the points i disagreed with. Do you have any problem with that? Who brought " Yorubas are educated and Igbos are not into this thread"? You did!! Bloody bigot.
oh i see,addressing your brother' quota system's point while suffering selective amnesia on the others, again ill reiterate that you should read comments in full before addressing it,only a foolish man reads from the bottom half way and then make comments based on ethnic/emotional stance, who s the bigot,your various comments on here s shown you and your co horts up as the ethnic supremacist on here
@udezue
where did i state my ethnicity?or did you just dream and ascribed a state/ethnicity to me?suffice to say IM NIGERIAN simple!!
im not an igbo hater,all im saying and advocating for is that while i support their right to self determination,its only prudent on both sides to settle all our accounts and close the book so that they wont be bad blood and no one will accuse the other of claiming whatever they r not qualified for, im sure you realise even in the united states where you are that once you stop being qualified for a schorlaship(if your situation changes) or any welfare package,you have to notify the relevant authorities and stop drawing these funds so why r you foaming at the mouth over that?
i wont be fragmented into any ethnic cubbyhole as im first and foremost a nigerian, so dont expect me to support any tribe or ethnicity
it has been how many years after biafra and you r still talking about property stolen how many years ago, lol

why dont you list what your south eastern leaders have done with the billions they have stolen from us and still strutting up and down saying they r being held back from forming a nation, when orji kalu and his criminal mother,did you say anything?NO
how r bout the likes of nnamani,egwu,uba,ngige e.t.c
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 11:05am On Jan 06, 2009
Ibime:

Then you must be 100 years old seeing as my father grew up in Aggrey Road. Even Eziachi who was alive in the 1960's grew up in Borokiri. If so, when did you live in Igwe Ocha? In the 1940's? lol. The name and architecture of roads such as Harold Wilson rd and Churchill rd in Borokiri and Town proves beyond doubt that Borokiri has existed since colonial times.

You are so stupid, you do not even know that PH started in Borokiri and then expanded into Ikwerre lands. There is a reason you call it Igwe Ocha (Land of the white man) - simply, it is not your land. If you guys actually lived in Igwe Ocha, you would not name it after the white man. The name Igwe Ocha alone should expose your nefarious claims to ownership. What you call Igwe Ocha is what we Okrikas call home. You only named it Igwe Ocha after we sold it to the white man and they populated it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Harcourt

Port Harcourt was founded in 1912 by the British in an area traditionally inhabited by the Ikwerre and the Ijaw. Igbo traders called it Igwe Ocha which in their native tongue means "land of the white man". The land which is actually the Okrika Ijaw fishing settlement called Borokiri was given to the British to settle for administrative purpose replacing Degema in the heart of Kalabari which had become too far and obscure. The Chief Yellow of Bakana ( Kalabari ) stood as a witness when the Amayanabo ( KING ) of Okrika handed over the land to the British. The initial purpose of the port was to export the coal which geologist Albert Ernest Kitson had discovered in Enugu. Port Harcourt today has expanded deeply into Ikwere settlements. It attracted many Igbo traders and laborers who settled there in its early years. Igbo manpower played a major role in the development of Port Harcourt and today many of Port Harcourt's residents are Igbo.

So who is the indigene and who is the settler? Idiot!

You guys came there and started naming towns Umuola, Umuomasi and such, trying to stake claim to the land. Till today, the Ikwerre's still complain about your land grab. Your only claim to PH is that the Igbo-dominated Eastern Regional Government of pre-67 had carte-blanche to Igbolise the whole of PH. Thats why Ikwerres happily acquiesced to the name change of these places to Rumuola, Rumuomasi and so on after Rivers State was created.

As for the Ikwerre and other Igboid groups in Rivers State, I shall comment no further. Why not let them decide if they want to be part of Ndigbo or not? If it is their wish, no problem. If not, I don't know why you are having heart attack over it.

Just because you come to market in PH, does not mean it is your town. A word is enough for the wise.

Ibime, you are so distressed and demented that I would not contribute to your revival or resuscitation. The academic laziness you have displayed on this forum is mindboggling. It is funny to read your posts of cut-and-paste from wikipedia. Such actions confirm the saying that it takes one idiot to find another. I shall not join you in insulting the Okirika people as you have stated that the Okirika folks were foolishly ceding their lands to the British. Ndigbo, Ikwerre or not, would not name their city after British.

If your peanut brain could only allow you to dwell on the abbreviated name of Igwe-ocha mbaram in order to discern the rubbish you have just posted about Igwe-Ocha, I would happily allow you to wallow in your incessantly stupidity.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2009
I don't think Nigeria gave Ijaw folks only 20 pounds after the war

What's all the fracas about this 20 pounds? In any war the loosing side owes the victor reparations to cover the cost of fighting the war. Instead of giving you 20 pounds, Nigeria should have taxed you until the cost is recovered maybe then you will be happy instead of lamenting and gnashing teeth over 20pounds handouts.

You all want me to open another flood gate on the protocols of war so you can see where you erred? Shut up already about this 20 pound and let it rest.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

What's all the fracas about this 20 pounds?  In any war the loosing side owes the victor reparations to cover the cost of fighting the war.  Instead of giving you 20 pounds, Nigeria should have taxed you until the cost is recovered maybe then you will be happy instead of lamenting and gnashing teeth over 20pounds handouts. 

You all want me to open another flood gate on the protocols of war so you can see where you erred?  Shut up already about this 20 pound and let it rest.

Hhahaha wind don blow open the nyash of hen!! Fricking tribal bigots giving Igbos advice  cheesy cheesy I knew you were not up to anything good earlier. Na today? Fuc-king igbo haters! You'll live to see it.
Negronuts cheesy, You did not say anything regarding the killed Yorubas in Jos recently undecided  The Northerners are already going after you folks too grin

@Lucafool
300 years is not enough to forget the Abandoned Property saga.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 11:54am On Jan 06, 2009
Ibime:

So Romeo, there are only 2 tribes which own PH, Ikwerre and Okrika. Which of these is Igbo?

I have never heard of an Igbo man going home to his village in PH? Which Igbo man goes home to PH for Christmas?

When an Okrika man goes home to Abuloma or Amadi or Ipuculu, he is going home to his village in PH.

An Ikwerre man lives in his village in PH. Whether that be Elelenwo, Rumuomasi, Rumuobiakani, Rumoula or Diobu.

Which Igbo man goes home to his village in PH? Stupid slowpoke.

Upon the fact that you live in PH, you cannot tell that PH is owned by the Ikwerre's and Okrikas? Nama shobiri!

@Ibime,
In my last posting I tried to be fair to you regarding your self styled partitioner of PH because I knew in your past comments, you seem to be fair in your accessment of issues but you seems to have lost the plot a bit and busy digging a big hole for yourself.  If Ikwerres are not Igbos, what tribe are they? Why do they bear Igbo names and speak only Igbo language? We don't beg our brothers in Rivers/Delta/Cross River anymore to be Igbos as they tend to have decided after the war as their means of surviving Nigeria. Events has force them recently to think twice. When Odilli wanted to run for president, the likes of Edwin Clarke told him point blank that he should run under the Igbo quota for president, that he Odilli is Igboman and it's their turn, hence they chose clueless Jonathan when they settled for a VP position for SS.

Anioma people to had realise the folly of disowing their ancestory  too just recently, in fact one of them is now the new chairman of Ohaneze Ndigbo.
I don't know how old you are, may be you should ask your Igbo grandad what these town you mentioned above were called before OBASANJO/AYO IRIKIFE BOUNDARY ADJUSTMENT FRAUD OF 1978 (when they scattered Igbo towns all over the place and renamed many places to divide the Igbo nation) Before 1978, this was eaxctle what was obtained as the name of these PH towns:

Elelenwo was Elelenwa (keep an eye on my child)
Rumuomasi was then called Umuomasi (Descendants of Omasi)
Rumuobiakani was then called Umuobiaka-ani (Descendant of Obi Aka ani)
Rumuola was then called Umuola (Descendants of Ola (bangle)
Diobu  (Husband of Obu)
Rumuigbo  was then called Obi-Igbo (Decendants of Obi-Igbo- heart of Igboland)

All these towns all borrowed their names from their original ancestors, just as in many Igbo towns are named after their ancestors and the above towns and others are descedants of Igweocha or Igwenga, which was what Port Harcourt was called before the arrival of the white man. Go to Rivers state tourism minsitry and read the govt gazzettes for yourself and see this facts.

Even the tribalistic Nigerian politics shows its face in PH politics of 1979 politics for instance, where NPP dominated PH politics but Ijaw area like Borokiri was controlled by NPN.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2009
BecomeRich:

""""The Chief Yellow of Bakana ( Kalabari ) stood as a witness when the Amayanabo ( KING ) of Okrika handed over the land to the British. """   na fake story.  someone just quickly put it there,  check history,

wonder would never end, so who no know in nigeria, that the ijaw own port harcourt. If you do not believe, why were igbo not allow to to take back their properties after the civil war. If you own something would someone refuse to give you the properties on your land.

I have never heard igbo claiming to own port harcourt expect today on the internet. wonders would never end.  you see if you look at the satellite picture, the portion the igbo of river claim, my brother they said over 1 million in the census, una, close to nothing dey there. or you want me to start posting pictures again.

They said that the ignorant dies for want of wisdom, Because if I were in your shoes and you are hearing this for the first time, I will sit quiet and listen to all the arguments, ask questions and make some research, instead you are wallowing in your ignorance about landlock. Because your generation knew next to nothing about Nigeria they called their country. The Nigeria you claimed that ascribe the whole of Port Harcourt to Ijaw is your type of Nigeria that had done everything possible to not only divide Igboland but actually wipe it out.

Have you ask yourself where Hon Austin Opara (former deputy speaker) comes from if the whole port harcourt is Ijaw. Where is the present governor Chibuike Amaechi comes from? Or may be Chibuike is an Ijaw name? Senator Obi Wali that represented PH for many years is also Ijaw too? You can include Peter Odilli their too.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2009
Hhahaha wind don blow open the nyash of hen!! Fricking tribal bigots giving Igbos advice    I knew you were not up to anything good earlier. Na today? Fuc-king igbo haters! You'll live to see it.
Negronuts , You did not say anything regarding the killed Yorubas in Jos recently   The Northerners are already going after you folks too

Life is sacred, regardless of its tribal home.  However, Yorubas have a more tenable way of dealing with issues of terror than say Igbo does.  If an Igbo residential area is attacked and Yorubas are residing in there with them of course they will be attacked as well.  

Why does every Igbo resort to abusive and personal attacks at the jump of the rope?  I sincerely believe that you still need rehabilitation from the pains of the war.  

I will be back with some words for you later.  You want something that will bring tears to your eyes?  Keep it up, you hear. . . keep up your nonsense.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 12:39pm On Jan 06, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

What's all the fracas about this 20 pounds?  In any war the loosing side owes the victor reparations to cover the cost of fighting the war.  Instead of giving you 20 pounds, Nigeria should have taxed you until the cost is recovered maybe then you will be happy instead of lamenting and gnashing teeth over 20pounds handouts. 

You all want me to open another flood gate on the protocols of war so you can see where you erred?  Shut up already about this 20 pound and let it rest.

When people like you talk, you just wonder if they know what the issue is or just spewing out anything that their brain can come out with. So Africans that want reparation from the West are the winners in slave trade saga according to your brain full of wisdom? Or the Jews demanding reparation were Victors against the Nazis?

20 Pounds given to Igbos were not a social security handout from Nigerians to the Igbos, the 20 Pounds comes from whatever money they seized from a bank account of every Igbo man, they will give the person 20 pound and the kept the rest. My family had over £600,000 in the Barclays bank and were given £20 and Nigerian government kept the remaining. That is what the 20 pounds is all about and not a gift as you thought. Those without money at all started life with nothing at all.

@Ibime,
I don't think there is anything called forgotten stolen item. If 30 years is enough for you to forget your hardwork and sweat, what kind of person are you? Why is the Jews still demanding the return of their vintage paintings and artefact 60 years after the Nazi war? Why are the Palestinian dieing demanding their stolen land from Israel? By the way, why is Nigeria still insisting that the British return their stolen artefact like the Bini Bronze (FESTAC HEAD)? even whey they were taken during the reign of queen Victoria? And how many years ago was that?

My family's property at Rex Lawson St Borokiri in Port Harcourt was still being occupied by an Ijaw family until we reached out of court agreement with them and got the property back with the help of Chief Melford Okilo ( Old Rivers State Governor 1979-1983), who was my father's school mate in the early 50s. Issue of abandoned property will never die until every man and family get justice. There is no such thing as expired justice? Unless you knew what I don't know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kill Me For Annulling June 12 Presidential Election -IBB / Boko-Haram Cannot Islamize Nigeria - Borno Governor / 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.