Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? (9627 Views)

Amechi's AIT Interview On Focus Nigeria Was A Shame! / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2009
lucabrasi:

@ellyptical
if it makes you feel good then go for it,I'm sure obama is from ndigbo as well,after all the name sounds and spells ibo OBAMA , OBIOMA so I'm not surprised you r now likening your tribe to jews because they r successful,who doesnt want to associate themselves with sucess grin grin grin

neway,are your great enemies the hausas not great traders and industious as well?
check out the richest hausas like dantata,kotoko e.t.c all made their millions strictly through trading,in spite of their illiteracy they took on a lot of distributorship from multinationals e.t.c but you don't hear them likening themselves to pakistanis,and lets assume for a minute that you r descendant of jews,like negro and others have asked,how come you can't replicate the sucess of your perceived forebears in the south east??
yes the ibos are sucessful traders maybe its cause they overwhelmingly opted to go for an apprenticeship rather than getting a degree which the yoruba counterpart did,I'm not knocking them for it because, I'm a believer of individuals applying themselves to whatever they know best ,but the point I'm making is that their success in trading,is the yoruba success in education and the hausa success in trading as well in their agricultural products,diary e.t.c@eziachi
no one is calling for war,as its not the only medium to prove your technological prowress,seeing as you always claim to be descendant of jews because of their sucess,how come you r not replicating their sucess in nigeria?biafra war has come and gone t least more than 40 years ago if I'm not mistaken and all we see and hear all the time that you v been banging into our ears is the potential without action, I'm sure you wont blame the rest of us nigeria if we r complaining that its getting irritating and tiring hearing the same song over and over after almost 50 years

You have certified the notion that stupidity is inherent. Fools do not have shame indeed. The streams of your thought remains the reason the jungle called Nigeria is a gutter. I am wondering if a deluded punk of your caliber could discern the difference between day and night. Let me remind a drooling dullard like you that since the inception of JAMB in the colonial contraption called Nigeria, Imo State alone has outclassed entire western Nigerian states in every category.  It was not long ago that a federal minister of education, of Yoruba extraction if I may add, was shook to his pants because a certain ethnic appeared to be head and shoulder over other groups, that he decided to inject ethnic bias into Nigerian academia. It will amount to a cardinal sin if I had to wake you up from the immense slumber of unpardonable stupidity. Please sleep on.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2009
dayokanu:

Try reading books and getting educated instead of spewing falsehood all over internet.

Even an idiot knows the Balkans endured a bitter war to break up or why Milosevic and other generals in Hague

Could there be any worse display of ignorance than when a nincompoop deduced that Balkans started and ended with former Yugoslavia? By the way, the key word in the article is to emulate not to imitate. A murderous slowpoke.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 1:16am On Jan 04, 2009
Dede1:

You have certified the notion that stupidity is inherent. Fools do not have shame indeed. The streams of your thought remains the reason the jungle called Nigeria is a gutter. I am wondering if a deluded punk of your caliber could discern the difference between day and night. Let me remind a drooling dullard like you that since the inception of JAMB in the colonial contraption called Nigeria, Imo State alone has outclassed entire western Nigerian states in every category.  It was not long ago that a federal minister of education, of Yoruba extraction if I may add, was shook to his pants because a certain ethnic appeared to be head and shoulder over other groups, that he decided to inject ethnic bias into Nigerian academia. It will amount to a cardinal sin if I had to wake you up from the immense slumber of unpardonable stupidity. Please sleep on.

and as usual,the biafran cyber revolutionaries are there to the rescue grin dude/duddette whichever you are,how come an inherent trait cutting across you all is the forcing of your individual views across with insults?do you really think that ll shut me up in an online portal??
hope you realise this much ranting and raving can cause the blood vessel in your brain to burst and you know how fatal that can be?so ill advice you to chill out and use your limited time/and thinking faculty to write coherently and constructively,the fact that you r an intellectual pygmy can be forgiven but alienating potential converts to your cause with gutter languages unbecoming of even primary 6 dropouts, it ll serve your biafran cause more and I'm sure sensible ones amongst you will agree to put your point across in a sane and coherent way rather than coming across as if you r high on amphetamines.

i never said the ibos did not attend university,if my comment came across as that,they you should have simply asked me to clarify before going off on one,all I'm saying is that an overwhelming majority of their young men then went into trading same as the hausas so its not like they have a monopoly of trading and while that was going on the yorubas who wernt as good a trader as both the hausas and ibos went to the university, unless you are saying the igbos who have almost the same population as the yorubas were mostly traders and mostly into education as well which isnt mathematically possible,ask for clarification of any of my comment if you dont get the context cause i dont have discourses with abrasive debaters,
point of all my preamble
1.put your point across in a sensible and coherent form so that you wont put some ppl off reading your comment,including potential converts
2.while not saying ibos did not go to university,im saying they did but the young men went towards the option of trading in overwhelming numbers,same as the hausas while the yorubas chose the education option, the last couple of years however might be changing the equation and by the last couple of years i mean less than 10 years unless you have sources to disprove
3.focus on no2 which was the point i was making in reply to ellyptical
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 1:35am On Jan 04, 2009
Naijex:

@Eziachi
Surely, i 'm not a tribalist and that is why i 'm advising you on unifying the nation instead of fighting for division.

Tribalist? I didn't use such a word, you did and that is part of your mental picture you had been ascribing to the world instead of being bold and say how your feel about Igbo and their quest from freedom from Nigeria.

You are not part of Biafra, you won't live in Biafra, if Biafra fail or succeed, it's not going to affect you and not your cup of bournvita, so why spent tyour time arguing against it?
You can't cry more then the beareved.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 1:53am On Jan 04, 2009
lucabrasi:

@ellyptical
if it makes you feel good then go for it,I'm sure obama is from ndigbo as well,after all the name sounds and spells ibo OBAMA , OBIOMA so I'm not surprised you r now likening your tribe to jews because they  r successful,who doesnt want to associate themselves with sucess grin grin grin

neway,are your great enemies the hausas not great traders and industious as well?
check out the richest hausas like dantata,kotoko e.t.c all made their millions strictly through trading,in spite of their illiteracy they took on a lot of distributorship from multinationals e.t.c but you don't hear them likening themselves to pakistanis,and lets assume for a minute that you r descendant of jews,like negro and others have asked,how come you can't replicate the sucess of your perceived forebears in the south east??
yes the ibos are sucessful traders maybe its cause they overwhelmingly opted to go for an apprenticeship rather than getting a degree which the yoruba counterpart did,I'm not knocking them for it because, I'm a believer of individuals applying themselves to whatever they know best ,but the point I'm making is that their success in trading,is the yoruba success in education and the hausa success in trading as well in their agricultural products,diary e.t.c
@eziachi
no one is calling for war,as its not the only medium to prove your technological prowress,seeing as you always claim to be descendant of jews because of their sucess,how come you r not replicating their sucess in nigeria?biafra war has come and gone t least more than 40 years ago if I'm not mistaken and all we see and hear all the time that you v been banging into our ears is the potential without action, I'm sure you wont blame the rest of us nigeria if we r complaining that its getting irritating and tiring hearing the same song over and over after almost 50 years

I don't know what you are drinking while hitting your keyboard because you can't quote me anywhere talking about your Jewish nonsense rabble. If you got something to say, go ahead but don't ascribe something I never said to me. Physical troops war ended in 1970, we agreed but don't tell me that the psychological war has ended because it hasn't. I don't know why Nigerians are surprise that Igbo nation are still talking about Biafra. We never fought a war for a joke. You don't just wish away something you sacrificed 4 million lives.

They should have know that no matter how much you swept a meat under the carpet, time will come when the smell will be out. Igbos never asked or wanted to return into Nigeria but were forced to return, so how is it a surprise when this generation still want to go? The wish for Freedom is not something that disappeared. We want to be free from the shackles of Nigeria and no one is asking you to join us. Why is it a problem for you?
If we are annoying you so much as we continue to bang into your ears, you know what to do. But as long as you and your leaders has kept us by force in Nigeria , you don't expect anything else.

It amazes me how people that don't have an aspiration, ridicule, laugh about others that has one. No one is forcing you to be part of Biafra, no one is asking lovers of Nigeria to stop, we are only saying we no longer want to be part of it. What is so wrong with that? It obvious your ear and that of your leaders will be continued to be tickled until you let our people go. Until then get use to our banging on.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 2:10am On Jan 04, 2009
@eziachi
check your comment that i replied to and see where you mentioned insinuated fighting,as usual like your fellow ndigbo i guess you insult ppl that dont agree with you, how lame
anyway,the point i was making was simply that,there are many ways of showing us the technological prowress of the igbo which we have been waiting for now for well over 20/30 years but all we r getting is ranting and media sound bites.

you r making these irritating comments i v grown so tired to listening to over the years of same repitition, you want to secede?whats stopping you??
not nigeria,because you went ahead in the 1960s anyway, in fact the ibos are richer now than they were then,ojukwu is richer than he was then,same as the likes of orji uzor kalu,nnamani,the uba brothers,emeka offor the billionaire e.t.c so whats stopping you really?kalu has international connections and a fully functional airline to ferry weapons,the point im making is that we r tired of you guys whining please secede if you have to cause at this rate,it seems like you r waiting for permission from yar adua,the executive,legislature and then aandoka presenting you with a certificate of biafra,

you dont even need to wait for the old guard,after all ojukwu was only 33yrs when he struck out,whats stopping you internet revolutionaries?im sure there are a lot of strong men in their20s, 30s and even 40s amingst you rather than ranting over the internet and collectively browbeating and insulting anyone with a contrary view,ill advice you to follow the example of kids younger than you in palestine fighting for their country,in asia, tamil tigers e.t.c grin
if you dont start the mobilisation between today and tmorrow,then ill know you guys are all mouth and no action!!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 2:13am On Jan 04, 2009
dayokanu:

Try reading books and getting educated instead of spewing falsehood all over internet.

Even an idiot knows the Balkans endured a bitter war to break up or why Milosevic and other generals in Hague

Balkan is not simply about Yugoslavia and for your information, war broke out in Youguslavia because the Serbians had the same attitude most Nigerians and their leaders had about Biafrans freedom. If the serbians had follow the Russian's lead and allowed people to exercise their right of self rule, there would not had been war in Yugoslavia. Once the Bosnians, Macedonia, Croatia decides to go their way, the Serbians insist in keeping  Yugoslavia as one, hence the war.
Now when Montenegro wised up two years ago and tell the Serbains that they are going too, they allowed them to go and no single shot fired because they have learned their lesson, eventhough the Montenegroes are less then a million people.  What about Kosovo recently?

On the othe hand, Czech and Slovakian went their separate ways and there was no single shot fired. The Soviet did the same and it was peaceful too but once the Russians stopped the Chechens and Ngushetia enjoying the same statu as 14 other republics from Soviet enclave, that is the only place there was problem. Problem only arise when you're holding people against their will.  
So people should stop equating Biafra with war. War broke out because Nigerian wants Biafrans in a marriage by force.
what was it they agreed at Aburi?
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 2:27am On Jan 04, 2009
lucabrasi:

@eziachi
check your comment that i replied to and see where you mentioned insinuated fighting,as usual like your fellow ndigbo i guess you insult people that don't agree with you, how lame
anyway,the point i was making was simply that,there are many ways of showing us the technological prowress of the igbo which we have been waiting for now for well over 20/30 years but all we r getting is ranting and media sound bites.

you r making these irritating comments i v grown so tired to listening to over the years of same repitition, you want to secede?whats stopping you??
not nigeria,because you went ahead in the 1960s anyway, in fact the ibos are richer now than they were then,ojukwu is richer than he was then,same as the likes of orji uzor kalu,nnamani,the uba brothers,emeka offor the billionaire e.t.c so whats stopping you really?kalu has international connections and a fully functional airline to ferry weapons,the point I'm making is that we r tired of you guys whining please secede if you have to cause at this rate,it seems like you r waiting for permission from yar adua,the executive,legislature and then aandoka presenting you with a certificate of biafra,

you don't even need to wait for the old guard,after all ojukwu was only 33yrs when he struck out,whats stopping you internet revolutionaries?I'm sure there are a lot of strong men in their20s, 30s and even 40s amingst you rather than ranting over the internet and collectively browbeating and insulting anyone with a contrary view,ill advice you to follow the example of kids younger than you in palestine fighting for their country,in asia, tamil tigers e.t.c grin
if you don't start the mobilisation between today and tmorrow,then ill know you guys are all mouth and no action!!

I never insulted you, you just quote me over something I never said. Technology or no technology, why do you ascribe that we are under your test to impress you? Why should we prove ourselve to you as you are demanding?
You talk as if you had just woke up today, by saying we waiting for permission. Why is over 500 MASSOB member in various Nigerian jail without trial for the past 7 years? What was Uwazuruike being detained for? Why was Okwe village raised to the ground by  the Nigerian troops? Why was 200 people gunned down in Owerri and Onitsha by the army two years ago during Biafran day celebration?
If we follow your advise of armed conflict,  I am sure that you will be the first call us a people of violence and how peace and talking is the solution. Even if we are to walk on our head over Biafra, you must have a thing or two to say.
MASSOB/BLF has  a short wave radio that broadcast inside Biafra every saturday and that is not mobilization in your eyes. What you want is for  us to come out with arms and then for Nigeria blood thirsty to have a free pass.
So keep your advise to yourself. And concentrate on making the Nigeria you love a place of habitation.
That is why we are concetrating on Biafra.
You can mock about the internet, if it's such a bad thing to use internet effectively, why are we having this discussion if not for the internet. Were would Obama had been with his aspiriation if he is not an internet revolutiionaire? Probably Mandela was an idiot when he said that aparthied wouldn't had lasted as it did if they had the internet from the outset.
So you can gest!
Surely we knew were the joke is on!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2009
lucabrasi:

and as usual,the biafran cyber revolutionaries are there to the rescue grin dude/duddette whichever you are,how come an inherent trait cutting across you all is the forcing of your individual views across with insults?do you really think that ll shut me up in an online portal??
hope you realise this much ranting and raving can cause the blood vessel in your brain to burst and you know how fatal that can be?so ill advice you to chill out and use your limited time/and thinking faculty to write coherently and constructively,the fact that you r an intellectual pygmy can be forgiven but alienating potential converts to your cause with gutter languages unbecoming of even primary 6 dropouts, it ll serve your biafran cause more and I'm sure sensible ones amongst you will agree to put your point across in a sane and coherent way rather than coming across as if you r high on amphetamines.

i never said the ibos did not attend university,if my comment came across as that,they you should have simply asked me to clarify before going off on one,all I'm saying is that an overwhelming majority of their young men then went into trading same as the hausas so its not like they have a monopoly of trading and while that was going on the yorubas who wernt as good a trader as both the hausas and ibos went to the university, unless you are saying the igbos who have almost the same population as the yorubas were mostly traders and mostly into education as well which isnt mathematically possible,ask for clarification of any of my comment if you don't get the context cause i don't have discourses with abrasive debaters,
point of all my preamble
1.put your point across in a sensible and coherent form so that you wont put some people off reading your comment,including potential converts
2.while not saying ibos did not go to university,I'm saying they did but the young men went towards the option of trading in overwhelming numbers,same as the hausas while the yorubas chose the education option, the last couple of years however might be changing the equation and by the last couple of years i mean less than 10 years unless you have sources to disprove
3.focus on no2 which was the point i was making in reply to ellyptical

I do not have any Internet time to waste on your drivels or a demented nitwit like you who had issues understanding what he/she wrote. Please for your information, the forum is a public domain and if you wish to post any garbage that tickles your idiotic fancy, you should make sure it will either stand the test of scrutiny or you shove it into your dirty pocket.

By the way, you need a night class to improve on your grammar so as to realize that a sentence conveys a single thought. I hope next time you were sheepishly drawn to a keyboard, remember to type what you mean.

Please tell me that you are not a joker. I shall not join with you in crossing words on the issues of “coherently and constructively” as you put them because your streams of thought could not sustain the test by a 5th grader.

I shall plead with you to peruse what you had posted earlier and ask yourself if it was necessary. Let me call your quote into play here in case you have forgotten, “yes the ibos are sucessful traders maybe its cause they overwhelmingly opted to go for an apprenticeship rather than getting a degree which the yoruba counterpart did,” . If Ndigbo are overwhelmingly opting for apprenticeship in trade and Yoruba overwhelmingly opting for academic degree from universities, why is it that Imo State alone outclasses entire western Nigeria in every category since the establishment of JAMB? 

Please if you have the tendency to get twisted out of human form when you hear or read tidings about Ndigbo, it is fine with me, but do not let your hatred for Ndigbo to becloud your reasoning faculty as to ascribe a skewed comparative analysis between Ndigbo and Hausa or Yoruba etc.

I do not post filths or garbage on the Internet with a view to win converts or to lure the weak-in-hearts to read my comments.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2009
Dede1:

I do not have any Internet time to waste on your drivels or a demented nitwit like you who had issues understanding what her/she wrote. Please for your information, the forum is a public domain and if you wish to post any garbage that tickles your idiotic fancy, you should make sure it will either stand the test of scrutiny or you shove it into your dirty pocket.

By the way, you need a night class to improve on your grammar so as to realize that a sentence conveys a single thought. I hope next time you were sheepishly drawn to a keyboard, remember to type what you mean.

Please tell me that you are not a joker. I shall not join with you in crossing words on the issues of “coherently and constructively” as you put them because your streams of thought could not sustain the test by a 5th grader.

I shall plead with you to peruse what you had posted earlier and ask yourself if it was necessary. Let me call your quote into play here in case you have forgotten, “yes the ibos are sucessful traders maybe its cause they overwhelmingly opted to go for an apprenticeship rather than getting a degree which the yoruba counterpart did,” . If Ndigbo are overwhelmingly opting for apprenticeship in trade and Yoruba overwhelmingly opting for academic degree from universities, why Imo State alone outclasses entire western Nigeria in every category since the establishment of JAMB?

Please if you have the tendency to get twisted out of human form when you hear or read tidings about Ndigbo, it is fine with me, but do not let your hatred for Ndigbo to becloud your reasoning faculty as to ascribe a skewed comparative analysis between Ndigbo and Hausa or Yoruba etc.

I do not post filths or garbage on the Internet with a view to win converts or to lure the weak-in-hearts to read my comments.

the first couple of paragraphs shows the part you r most likely playing in the biafra bid(an enforcer like my username luca brasi in godfather grin)in other words a thug,because i honestly dont see an intellectual pygmy like yourself mounting the rostrum to address educated and enlightened individuals, even if they r your brothers,in case you didnt know the surest sign of a weak argument or an intellectually weak individual are insults and verbal barbs, im sure you followed the obama/mccain campaign and how insults made or marred the mccain campaign talk less of a movement to actualise a nation which is long term,i dont really want to descend to your level of astonishing ignorance so as not to derail your thread,but ill always assist in pointing out your stupidity each time you send a retort, i wish for the sake of your biafra,someone like you wouldnt be a spokes person,because you will end up alienating anyone and everyone that could have otherwise lent a sympathetic ear to your campaign, if not stark ignorance(i wont go as far as saying you r illiterate even though its obvious your inability to string a coherent sentence together without insult is a sure sign of how you gre up and your capacity for intelligent discourse)then it has to be a sort of bi polar disorder attacking everyone that disagrees with you like a rabid dog.

if eventually you actualise your biafra nation and someone like you is sent on a diplomatic mission abroad to drum support and you get a couple of the host govt officials disagreeing with you,i can imagine you lunging at them,foaming at the mouth and barking,ranting and raving.

as usual,out of all the coments i made,you have resolutely held on to a particular one that managed to cast aspersions on the ibo bros, you r a comedian osuofia in whereever you are and you should change your name from dede1 to osuofia1 or mr ibu 1,
ill explain myself again for the last time not for your sake because if we were sitting across each other in a room,ill have ignored you a very long time ago cause i dont condone insultive individuals,verbal or physical bullies with low intellect,thugs e.t.c but im explaining for the sake of others who ll like me toclarify my statement

ill illustrate with a simple arithmetic analogy
if the igbos population was say 10,000
the yoruba population was say 25,000
and the hausas say about40,000(rough estimates and by no means official and its just for these explanation)
if about 4000 conservatively go down the trading route as can be evidenced by alaba,ladipo e.t.c and the population of igbos excluding the,children, old men and women both young and old from the remaining 6000, is it possible then for the remaining youths who who are enrolled in the secondary schls and higher institutions of learning to match the number of youths who dont go the trading route amongst the yorubas?
they cant even match the number of traders amongst the hausas as well,because its common knowledge that the hausas opt overwhelmingly for trading in agricultural products,livestocks e.t.c and are much more numerically than either the ibos or yorubas in nigeria

i hope you understand the context of my comments now,which i would have gladly explained had you challenged me to clarify my post earlier,instead of that you cyber lunged at me as if brawn is a substitute for brains
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2009
Luca,

You would think that amongst educated peers few sentences are enough to lead thoughts along the general theme of a topic and without giving a break down and dissection of every thought that your intended conclusion is shared by the rest of the forum but unfortunately it's not the case in NL. A handful of members have the brilliance of mind and the intellect to connect the dots and fill in the blanks. The majority is a sorry and embarassing pack and you must interprete ideas for them to grasp. Quite a waste of time and engagement! cool
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2009
Eziachi:

I never insulted you, you just quote me over something I never said. Technology or no technology, why do you ascribe that we are under your test to impress you? Why should we prove ourselve to you as you are demanding?
You talk as if you had just woke up today, by saying we waiting for permission. Why is over 500 MASSOB member in various Nigerian jail without trial for the past 7 years? What was Uwazuruike being detained for? Why was Okwe village raised to the ground by  the Nigerian troops? Why was 200 people gunned down in Owerri and Onitsha by the army two years ago during Biafran day celebration?
If we follow your advise of armed conflict,  I am sure that you will be the first call us a people of violence and how peace and talking is the solution. Even if we are to walk on our head over Biafra, you must have a thing or two to say.
MASSOB/BLF has  a short wave radio that broadcast inside Biafra every saturday and that is not mobilization in your eyes. What you want is for  us to come out with arms and then for Nigeria blood thirsty to have a free pass.
So keep your advise to yourself. And concentrate on making the Nigeria you love a place of habitation.
That is why we are concetrating on Biafra.
You can mock about the internet, if it's such a bad thing to use internet effectively, why are we having this discussion if not for the internet. Were would Obama had been with his aspiriation if he is not an internet revolutiionaire? Probably Mandela was an idiot when he said that aparthied wouldn't had lasted as it did if they had the internet from the outset.
So you can gest!
Surely we knew were the joke is on!
again,i wasnt saying biafra should go to war,im saying you guys have been advocating,rallying and what not for quite a while now without taking any concrete steps,and we r getting tired and irritated by the whole drama,even if you havnt achieved total secession by now,with the noise you v been making,you should have achieved devolution at least if the biafran movement was that cogent and serious.

my comment about technological prowress was a reply to the continuous assertions of igbo technological dominance and them always whining that if not for nigeria,ibo would have been the israel and japan of africa by now(read negro mtns comment on page 1), i was saying assuming you have the capability,why not prove it already, seeing as its been several years after biafra and you r now richer and more settled than you v ever been,so whats the excuse?
my reason for making the comment,is because you want to eat your cake and have it, i have posed this question so many times but no igbo has given me any satisfactoryanswer,but i hope you will, if you want to secede from nigeria fair enough but how are we going to sort the following issues,

1.will you refund us the federal allocation you have collected earlier?after all, you got it based on the fact that you r part of us,and if anyone was owing you for claiming your properties and lives it should be the hausas and not the oil producing and other parts of nigeria who actually suffered under igbo domination in biafrai.e yorubas,south south,calabar e.t.c

2.even if you cant refund us our federal allocations,how come you r not advocating for the likes of orzi uzor kalu,sam egwu,ohakim,nnamani e.t.c to cough up the nigerian money they have stolen back to us, im sure if your own brother took your money and was going to fight you with it,the most sensible thing will be to take your money off him or stop funding him unless your leader's motives are to take us as fools, if the brother was honourable as he claims then he ll stop collecting handouts from his brother or lese be seenas a cop out and fighting in a dishonourable way

3.whats the deal with one leg in,one leg out?on one hand your people are active members of pdp ruining our beloved nigeria, and on the other hand they r calling for their own brand new country,what are you biafrans doing about that?.(check today's newspapers tribune is a good one where it was reported that apga under ojukwu your hero,obi e.t.c are joining ac under atiku, one leg in,one leg out

as for the massob members put in jail,it wasnt peculiar to them neither was it to your ethnic group,obasanjo  A YORUBA MAN was credited with the infamous achievement of being the president that broke the unity of yorubas under the afenifere umbrella who are still fighting and dis united till today,same as the opc,he kept their leadership in prison till he left,and they wernt even campaigning for an oduduwa nation yet, even the nwazuruike man said it that he s good friends with the gani adams.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Luca,

You would think that amongst educated peers few sentences are enough to lead thoughts along the general theme of a topic and without giving a break down and dissection of every thought that your intended conclusion is shared by the rest of the forum but unfortunately it's not the case in NL. A handful of members have the brilliance of mind and the intellect to connect the dots and fill in the blanks. The majority is a sorry and embarassing pack and you must interprete ideas for them to grasp. Quite a waste of time and engagement! cool
i hear you sir,and frankly speaking i think your first comment on the first page has addressed every sngle issue raised on this thread but as usual people will close their hearts and mnd to the truth, look at wales in england their population not more than a few south eastern states,at least they can boast of having devolution and some measure of independence,but as usual black people/africans always do their things the totally wrong way
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2009
I find it very annoying though, they keep harping on about
us holding them back.

Fact is, Nigeria will not aid you in self -elevation, but by and large,
the system does not actively seek to destroy you at every juncture
either, as has been claimed here.

Fine, seek to go your separate way, but don't come with claptrap, like
but for the rest of the country, Igboland would have been the Japan of
Africa.

. . .each ethnic group has its own plate of issues to sponsor at the Federal level, and it's a fantasy to try and scare them that their plates act as counterweights that retards Igbo progress and unless recognition is given you are out of Nigeria.  Beside war, how else can you promote your interests to the Nation, like the Yoruba and the Hausa is doing?

Doyin, God Bless you!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2009
lucabrasi:

the first couple of paragraphs shows the part you r most likely playing in the biafra bid(an enforcer like my username luca brasi in godfather grin)in other words a thug,because i honestly don't see an intellectual pygmy like yourself mounting the rostrum to address educated and enlightened individuals, even if they r your brothers,in case you didnt know the surest sign of a weak argument or an intellectually weak individual are insults and verbal barbs, I'm sure you followed the obama/mccain campaign and how insults made or marred the mccain campaign talk less of a movement to actualise a nation which is long term,i don't really want to descend to your level of astonishing ignorance so as not to derail your thread,but ill always assist in pointing out your stupidity each time you send a retort, i wish for the sake of your biafra,someone like you wouldnt be a spokes person,because you will end up alienating anyone and everyone that could have otherwise lent a sympathetic ear to your campaign, if not stark ignorance(i wont go as far as saying you r illiterate even though its obvious your inability to string a coherent sentence together without insult is a sure sign of how you gre up and your capacity for intelligent discourse)then it has to be a sort of bi polar disorder attacking everyone that disagrees with you like a rabid dog.

if eventually you actualise your biafra nation and someone like you is sent on a diplomatic mission abroad to drum support and you get a couple of the host govt officials disagreeing with you,i can imagine you lunging at them,foaming at the mouth and barking,ranting and raving.

as usual,out of all the coments i made,you have resolutely held on to a particular one that managed to cast aspersions on the ibo bros, you r a comedian osuofia in whereever you are and you should change your name from dede1 to osuofia1 or mr ibu 1,
ill explain myself again for the last time not for your sake because if we were sitting across each other in a room,ill have ignored you a very long time ago cause i don't condone insultive individuals,verbal or physical bullies with low intellect,thugs e.t.c but I'm explaining for the sake of others who ll like me toclarify my statement

ill illustrate with a simple arithmetic analogy
if the igbos population was say 10,000
the yoruba population was say 25,000
and the hausas say about40,000(rough estimates and by no means official and its just for these explanation)
if about 4000 conservatively go down the trading route as can be evidenced by alaba,ladipo e.t.c and the population of igbos excluding the,children, old men and women both young and old from the remaining 6000, is it possible then for the remaining youths who who are enrolled in the secondary schls and higher institutions of learning to match the number of youths who don't go the trading route amongst the yorubas?
they can't even match the number of traders amongst the hausas as well,because its common knowledge that the hausas opt overwhelmingly for trading in agricultural products,livestocks e.t.c and are much more numerically than either the ibos or yorubas in nigeria

i hope you understand the context of my comments now,which i would have gladly explained had you challenged me to clarify my post earlier,instead of that you cyber lunged at me as if brawn is a substitute for brains

I am still flabbergasted that you have still failed to get hold on your unpardonable idiosyncrasy. The more you try to explain your conjectural crap the deeper you sink into ignoramus.

Since your peanut brain has disappointed you while drawing a simple analysis, I should try to lead you into Lagos State. As apparently evidenced in alaba,ladipo etc, the Yoruba people are 95% percent of Molue, Damfo, Taxi and Bolikaja drivers hence we should run to the Internet and deduce that Yoruba people chose to pursue apprentice in driving commercial vehicles instead of pursuing university degrees like Ndidgbo did.

The example you wrote in an attempt to explain your sorry self further shows that you are in tank with the skewed machination that the corrupt leaders of the jungle called Nigeria have used to indicate a lopsided demography of the country. Talking of an intellectual pygmy, you have remained on the level of dirt since you can not even comprehend the fact that the increase in the figure of school leavers is one of the numerous indicators of population growth.

For the sake of the dictionary meaning of the word; literate, I assume you have fitted yourself well in that department and capable of checking the JAMB statistics. Please be advised that it was the overwhelming sheer number of Ndigbo in academia, military officer’s cadre and civil service in the jungle called Nigeria that aroused the agitation against a particular ethnic dominance in Nigeria.

Have you seriously questioned your empty self why the federal government of the jungle called Nigeria institutionalized quota system in the country? Please do not remind me about the saying partnering to a pig.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by lucabrasi(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2009
@Dede1 a.k.a osouofia1 or mr ibu 1
now i can voice out my suspicions,i think you are really high on some home made speed and these garbled and incoherent rubbish you r uttering is a side effect.
dont blame me if i cant keep up with you,remember I'm not an addict like you hence i don't have extra horsepower driving my piston like you do, its evidenced from your various postings all over nairaland how demented and schizophrenic paranoid you are.

i v tried to make sense of your first paragraph,but i really cant but i ll leave it to the side effects of the illicit drugs frying the single cell left in your brain,what is the population of conductors,drivers e.t.c in Lagos state who are Yoruba?
you r going to use an example and you chose the worst example possible,why use a cosmopolitan melting pot representing multiple tribes,do you know how many south south indigenes are drivers of these danfos and conductors?
do you know how many ibos are drivers and conductors?
with the exception of hausas who are mostly trailer and lorry drivers
do you know how many are from middle belt?
you realise how utterly senseless your assertion makes you?
yet you have summarily concluded that they are all yoruba, dude you r floating grin
guess your usual tactic when debating is to throw just anything out there and hope everyone believes it lol lol

a primary school student knows in any nation,population growth is a given,so its either you r going off on a tangent as usual, again i understand.its a side effect of being stoned or you r making a point I'm not getting same as above.

you make an assertion about the ndigbo having the highest number at jamb,jamb what exactly!! cause you r not making any iota of sense to me
they make up the highest number of jamb entrants?
they make up the highest passes in jamb?
you want me to look for the jamb figures for a purely spurious assertion of a stoned and demented schizophrenic individual like yourself?hell naw, post on here so everyone can see,,yes and i guess in your delusional state, you suppose the quota system was so that the igbos could be held back for every single tribe?dude you r spinning, just slow down if you dont want to die young, remember river phoenix died of a drug overdose

you made a silly,and senseless comment earlier using imo state educational figures to justify a demographic of well over 20million,and still had the gall to call me names in spite of how absurd that sounds,now you r coming back with at best an infantile retort asserting that the fact that there are Yoruba drivers and conductors i large numbers in Lagos,means my arguments are wrong, even though i took the pains to include in my earlier statements that i cannot vouch for the last couple of years, not because i think the Ibo's are best or whatever tribe but because i don't make assertions on what i have no idea about, something you should learn to do rather than exhibiting your stupidity on a public forum, i don't mind cause you r a joke to spice up a boring sunday, I'm just sorry for the embarrassment you r causing your biafran brothers and sisters
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2009
@lucabrasi

I have come to grip that most lily-hearted and demented punks like you can not finish what they started. It was out of your empty evolution that you replied to one elliptical post thereby showing the character of person you were molded.

I did not choose the imbecilic analogy where you attributed Ndigbo gravitating toward apprenticeship in trade while the Yoruba embraced university degrees. Out of sheer goodwill, I gave you the same analogy you had posited in your previous post about Ndigbo being evidenced at alaba,ladipo etc in Lagos State as traders. Whilst on this Alaba, Ladipo market fantasy of yours, your attention was drawn to my observation about the Yoruba commercial vehicle drivers, thus, Molue, Danfo and Bolikaja within Alaba and Ladipo markets. I had to burst your bubble because you are not the only fool who have stepped onto Alaba, Ladipo etc in Lagos State.

Do you not think that JAMB office or its products are legitimate source of referencing information?

I could not arrest myself from laughing my shoes off. when I read where you stumbled into drug and addition crap. In fact, it is my fault to have joined you in this silly debate. As of the drug overdose insinuation, just be very careful because it takes one idiot to understand another. My advice to you is to shun the crack.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 1:04am On Jan 05, 2009
lucabrasi:

again,i wasnt saying biafra should go to war,I'm saying you guys have been advocating,rallying and what not for quite a while now without taking any concrete steps,and we r getting tired and irritated by the whole drama,even if you havnt achieved total secession by now,with the noise you v been making,you should have achieved devolution at least if the biafran movement was that cogent and serious.

my comment about technological prowress was a reply to the continuous assertions of igbo technological dominance and them always whining that if not for nigeria,ibo would have been the israel and japan of africa by now(read negro mtns comment on page 1), i was saying assuming you have the capability,why not prove it already, seeing as its been several years after biafra and you r now richer and more settled than you v ever been,so whats the excuse?
my reason for making the comment,is because you want to eat your cake and have it, i have posed this question so many times but no igbo has given me any satisfactoryanswer,but i hope you will, if you want to secede from nigeria fair enough but how are we going to sort the following issues,

1.will you refund us the federal allocation you have collected earlier?after all, you got it based on the fact that you r part of us,and if anyone was owing you for claiming your properties and lives it should be the hausas and not the oil producing and other parts of nigeria who actually suffered under igbo domination in biafrai.e yorubas,south south,calabar e.t.c

2.even if you can't refund us our federal allocations,how come you r not advocating for the likes of orzi uzor kalu,sam egwu,ohakim,nnamani e.t.c to cough up the nigerian money they have stolen back to us, I'm sure if your own brother took your money and was going to fight you with it,the most sensible thing will be to take your money off him or stop funding him unless your leader's motives are to take us as fools, if the brother was honourable as he claims then he ll stop collecting handouts from his brother or lese be seenas a cop out and fighting in a dishonourable way

3.whats the deal with one leg in,one leg out?on one hand your people are active members of pdp ruining our beloved nigeria, and on the other hand they r calling for their own brand new country,what are you biafrans doing about that?.(check today's newspapers tribune is a good one where it was reported that apga under ojukwu your hero,obi e.t.c are joining ac under atiku, one leg in,one leg out

as for the massob members put in jail,it wasnt peculiar to them neither was it to your ethnic group,obasanjo  A YORUBA MAN was credited with the infamous achievement of being the president that broke the unity of yorubas under the afenifere umbrella who are still fighting and this united till today,same as the opc,he kept their leadership in prison till he left,and they wernt even campaigning for an oduduwa nation yet, even the nwazuruike man said it that he s good friends with the gani adams.

What in your king solomon's wisdom is concrete plan you want from Biafran? In 2000 a delegation of 285 Biafran met with Koffi Annan at the UN head office in Lagos and submitted memorandum calling for Biafran independence through referendum. The delegation had more than 15 proffessors in various fields and so many academicians. BLF has a functional office now in Washington, popularly known as Biafran house in Washington and was open by the Ikemba himself. Google Biafran house and see for yourself and if you are in Washington, pop in and see for yourself.

It's not my intention telling you some of this stuff but I mentioned just a few because of your crass accesment of what you believed is concrete plan. If we go public with most of our plans, I am sure you will be the first to shout about us, making our plans public
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 1:39am On Jan 05, 2009
Lucabrasi, what is your purpose for writing all these long paragraphs about the Igbo fight for sovereignty?

It is not their will to be in Nigeria. Full stop.

No amount of long lecture can change that.

In PH, although not an Igbo city, I can remember that we grumbled about "One Nigeria" since I was born. Nobody south of Lokoja wants to be part of this silly charade called Nigeria. It is finished.

The Biafran State will surely rise again. All it needs is a match to spark up. I hope you remember that Abacha wanted to fight Cameroun over Bakassi but was warned that if he tried that, the Igbos would seize the opportunity to throw sand in his garris and stake their claim for Independence with support from the Camerounians. Thats why we let Bakassi go without a fight.

You better believe the Igbo's are watching the Niger-Delta situation with interest. If qwatar start, they are out of this bitch.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 1:58am On Jan 05, 2009
Ibime:

Lucabrasi, what is your purpose for writing all these long paragraphs about the Igbo fight for sovereignty?

It is not their will to be in Nigeria. Full stop.

No amount of long lecture can change that.

In PH, although not an Igbo city, I can remember that we grumbled about "One Nigeria" since I was born. Nobody south of Lokoja wants to be part of this silly charade called Nigeria. It is finished.

The Biafran State will surely rise again. All it needs is a match to spark up. I hope you remember that Abacha wanted to fight Cameroun over Bakassi but was warned that if he tried that, the Igbos would seize the opportunity to throw sand in his garris and stake their claim for Independence with support from the Camerounians. Thats why we let Bakassi go without a fight.

You better believe the Igbo's are watching the Niger-Delta situation with interest. If qwatar start, they are out of this bitch.

This is a typical example of misconception planted by the enemies of Ndigbo that Port Harcourt is not an Igbo town. The last time I checked though, it is neither Kalabari nor Ogoni town. The real name of Port Harcourt is Igwe-ocha mbarama or Igwe-ocha mbarm. I hope you remembered how the city was renamed after then British foreign secretary, Lord Harcourt.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 10:07am On Jan 05, 2009
Dede1:

This is a typical example of misconception planted by the enemies of Ndigbo that Port Harcourt is not an Igbo town. The last time I checked though, it is neither Kalabari nor Ogoni town. The real name of Port Harcourt is Igwe-ocha mbarama or Igwe-ocha mbarm. I hope you remembered how the city was renamed after then British foreign secretary, Lord Harcourt.

Look at this idiot. It is this kind of expansionist attitude that creates enemies for Ndigbo. Which Igbo tribe lives in PH? This guy, you are truly demented. From Elelenwo to Mile 3 Park is the land of the Ikwerres, whilst from Park to Borokiri is the land of the Okrika's. Also from Mothercart down to Abuloma, Amadi and Slaughter belongs to Okrika. Just because you have a name for a place does not mean you own the place, it is simply a name that your people use to refer to the place. In Okrika, we also had a name for PH before the white man renamed it PH. That does not mean we own it. Ogoni is a name that the Ibani gave to the Ogoni's. Ogoni being a subversion of Igoni, meaning foreigner. That does not mean that the Bonny people have any right to claim Ogoni land as theirs. Igbo's cannot even claim Ahoada as their land, talkless of PH.

This kind of attitude shows exactly why Biafra lost the support of some Niger-Delta people in 1967. Stupid idiot!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2009
Dede that Luca boy is not your match!! You trashed him very well cheesy cheesy cheesy

The un-educated Igbo youths prefer apprenticeship in a commercial entity to Area boys skills

@Negro
We are not marketing ourselves. We are known for war and you're known for Juju all over the globe (santerismo cubana) cheesy.

I think they are all positive things ehh?
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Abagworo(m): 10:34am On Jan 05, 2009
Igbos cannot even claim Aba and Onitsha cause the indigenes regard them as foreigners and call them names.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 10:39am On Jan 05, 2009
Ibime:

Look at this idiot. It is this kind of expansionist attitude that creates enemies for Ndigbo. Which Igbo tribe lives in PH? This guy, you are truly demented. From Elelenwo to Mile 3 Park is the land of the Ikwerres, whilst from Park to Borokiri is the land of the Okrika's. Also from Mothercart down to Abuloma, Amadi and Slaughter belongs to Okrika. Just because you have a name for a place does not mean you own the place, it is simply a name that your people use to refer to the place. In Okrika, we also had a name for PH before the white man renamed it PH. That does not mean we own it. Ogoni is a name that the Ibani gave to the Ogoni's. Ogoni being a subversion of Igoni, meaning foreigner. That does not mean that the Bonny people have any right to claim Ogoni land as theirs. Igbo's cannot even claim Ahoada as their land, talkless of PH.

This kind of attitude shows exactly why Biafra lost the support of some Niger-Delta people in 1967. Stupid idiot!

You don't even know where you're from!! "My grandfather is Igbo, i am ijo but not by nature" An Igbo man can not become ijo!!

Which Igbo tribe lives in PH? LoL @ you people. The Aniomas had been saying they are not Igbos until recently. They thought they were safe in Niger Delta without Igbo indentity but the others pushed them out of the corridors of state house and to add "salt to injury" pushing for the relocation of state capital from Asaba to Warri. Then the Aniomas became Igbo and wanted Igbo support for the creation of Anioma.

Same will happen in Rivers soon.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2009
So Romeo, there are only 2 tribes which own PH, Ikwerre and Okrika. Which of these is Igbo?

I have never heard of an Igbo man going home to his village in PH? Which Igbo man goes home to PH for Christmas?

When an Okrika man goes home to Abuloma or Amadi or Ipuculu, he is going home to his village in PH.

An Ikwerre man lives in his village in PH. Whether that be Elelenwo, Rumuomasi, Rumuobiakani, Rumoula or Diobu.

Which Igbo man goes home to his village in PH? Stupid slowpoke.

Upon the fact that you live in PH, you cannot tell that PH is owned by the Ikwerre's and Okrikas? Nama shobiri!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2009
Ibime:

So Romeo, there are only 2 tribes which own PH, Ikwerre and Okrika. Which of these is Igbo?

I have never heard of an Igbo man going home to his village in PH? Which Igbo man goes home to PH for Christmas?

When an Okrika man goes home to Abuloma or Amadi or Ipuculu, he is going home to his village in PH.

An Ikwerre man lives in his village in PH. Whether that be Elelenwo, Rumuomasi, Rumuobiakani, Rumoula or Diobu.

Which Igbo man goes home to his village in PH? Stupid slowpoke.

Upon the fact that you live in PH, you cannot tell that PH is owned by the Ikwerre's and Okrikas? Nama shobiri!

Ifere megbuo gi anuofia!!

Amechi is HAUSA name, Amadi is Bini name, Odili is Nupe name cheesy Ogonis are asking for their state ohh!! Ikwere people are of Madingo descent grin
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2009
romeo:

Ifere megbuo gi anuofia!!

Amechi is HAUSA name, Amadi is Bini name, Odili is Nupe name cheesy Ogonis are asking for their state ohh!! Ikwere people are of Madingo descent grin

Eh. . . . so we should submit to our ancestry from 500 years ago. . . . culture's always diverge, my brother. Holland and Germany were the same country a few hundred years ago. Will you go and forcefully tell a Dutch man that he must accept German nationality? No wonder Ikwerres have been resisting forced annexation by Ndigbo for centuries.

FYI, the Ijaws inhabited Nigeria before the Igbo's, therefore all your arguments fall flat.

romeo:

You don't even know where you're from!! "My grandfather is Igbo, i am ijo but not by nature" An Igbo man can not become ijo!!

Look at this idiot. Just because I said my great grandfather is from Abia State. . . . infact, his mother is Ijo. At the present moment, my blood is only 1/8th Igbo, 1/8th Etche, 1/4 Ijaw and the other half is not even Nigerian. You think I am of incestous pure breed like you? Maybe you never heard of intermarriage. How dare you question my ethnicity when the last Amanyanabo of Okrika came from my family? Infact, my grandfather is fully Ijaw. I only claim Igbo from my grandmothers side since I never knew my grandfather.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2009
Ibime:

Eh. . . . so we should submit to our ancestry from 500 years ago. . . . culture's always diverge, my brother. Holland and Germany were the same country a few hundred years ago. Will you go and forcefully tell a Dutch man that he must accept German nationality? No wonder Ikwerres have been resisting forced annexation by Ndigbo for centuries.

FYI, the Ijaws inhabited Nigeria before the Igbo's, therefore all your arguments fall flat.

Look at this idiot. Just because I said my great grandfather is from Abia State. . . . infact, his mother is Ijo. At the present moment, my blood is only 1/8th Igbo, 1/8th Etche, 1/4 Ijaw and the other half is not even Nigerian. You think I am of incestous pure breed like you? Maybe you never heard of intermarriage. How dare you question my ethnicity when the last Amanyanabo of Okrika came from my family? Infact, my grandfather is fully Ijaw. I only claim Igbo from my grandmothers side since I never knew my grandfather.

Do you even know where you are from idiot? stick to Ijo and leave igbo out of it.

Ijos Inhabited which Nigeria before the Igbos? Are you on some cheap crack? People and kindergarten dreams cheesy

I am not asking Ikwere's to accept their Igbo blood, but they should not cry for help when the time comes and it's going to be very soon.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2009
Look at this idiot. You should be happy that I even acknowledge my Igbo ancestry. Unlike you, I do not see the world in black and white. Do you not know that the Oru (Ijaw) people inhabited Southern Nigeria before anyone else? Oh boy go and check your history mehn.

I hope you remember at the Oputa panel when Elechi Amadi fought for the right to Ikwerre sovereignty and the Ikwerre representatives established the fact that they are a seperate nation from Ndigbo.

On one hand, you beg Nigeria for Independence. On the other hand, you refuse to allow the Etche's, Ahoadas and Ikwerres to forge their own destiny.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Ibime

It is now apparent that the stark idiocy you have exhibited on the forum transverses across the animal kingdom. The proprietor of this site should mount an investigation to ascertain that you are not a domesticated chimpanzee. I will not even attempt to dribble into your obnoxious claim of your grandfather being from Asa because he could have been your maternal granddaddy. However, I could call for a serious check in the level of your intellectual ability. If I classify you as a slowpoke, believe you me I am having a good morning.

Now I confirm the reason why certain cretins get twisted out of form when they get the feeling that Igboland may after all gain nationhood. Before the civil, there was Eke Elelewna (not Elelenwo) and Borokiri was swamp. Borokiri was where people go to buy firewood or Akamere. The land grabbing and abandoned property saga executed by the Ijo and instigated by the detractors of the Ndigbo were well documented. The need to grab the Trans-Amadi area led to serious court battle between Chief Amadi and River State government under Spiff.

If a drooling creepy-crawlie in you had any common sense, you would have remembered that your imbecilic Elechi Amadi joined Nigerian army as Igbo. When Elechi Amadi ran away from Lagos to eastern region, in the middle of night to save his skin during July 29, 1966 coup, he did so as an Igbo. When resigned his commission from the Nigerian Army, he did so as an Igbo. When he was appointed Acting Principal of Asa High School, Asa, now under Ukwa LGA, Abia State, he was an Igbo. When the Biafran lost Igwe-Ochambarama (PH) to Nigerian army, the conniving swine remembered that he was Ikwerre. Do you think I have any doubt that you are also an Osaka swine like Elechi Amadi?
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2009
Ibime:

Have you for a moment realized that people termed Izon are Ghanaians? I am certainly not the one to teach you the true identity of your ancestors. One of the main reasons people are hanging tightly to the failed state known as Nigeria is because of the reality check that will follow if Nigeria should disintegrate. The will be a forced repatriation.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2009
Look at this idiot. My guy, proper use of English is beyond you, so stop trying to speak big grammar and dropping kpoa all over the place.

Your allegation of Izon being from Ghana is just stupid so I will not even answer it. The only migrants from Ghana to be found in the Niger-Delta are the Ogoni who settled here 150 years ago.

I asked you a simple question - does any Igbo man go home to PH for Christmas? And the answer is no.

Now you are trying to annexe the Ikwerres in order to strengthen your claim on PH. Why don't you go and claim Ahoada, Etche, Ndoni and all the other lands that lie further north of PH first? slowpoke!

Now, if you don't know, PH started at Isaac Boro Park, right near the port where the ships unload. From there it spread North to Oil Mill and South to Borokiri. If you stupid ass doesn't know, the whole of Nnamdi Azikiwe rd to Lagos Bus Stop and Aggrey Road to Borokiri is all Okrika land. Anything to the east of Rainbow is also Okrika land. The Amadi referred to is the Amadi village of Okrika near Mothercart, not the Amadi of the Ikwerre. Even if you forcefully annexed the Ikwerre's, half of Port Harcourt can never be yours.

Ikwerre people are not part of Ndigbo. Na by force? Thats like forcing the Itsekiri to join the Yoruba. You do not speak the same language anymore. At best they can be described as Igboid. They are as distinct from you as the Spanish are from the Italians and Portuguese and the Dutch are from the Germans.

This is what I was talking about earlier when I said Ndigbo is not democratic in it's dealings. If you can alienate me, a proud supporter of Biafra, then what chance do you have of winning over the Yoruba to your cause? You know you cannot break free of Nigeria without their support.

Now, please read this lesson from history and learn for yourself that under no circumstance will any Ikwerre man consider himself to be an Igbo man.

http://nationalpointonline.com/nponline/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,print,0&cntnt01articleid=627&cntnt01showtemplate=false&cntnt01returnid=15

According to my late father, politics actually started in Ikwerre in 1955 with the election of councilors into the then only council for Ikwerre/Etche Federated Council at Choba. But proper political awareness diffused into majority of Ikwerre people in 1964, when one Eluguru Onu (a Diobu based Ibo man), rose to contest for the only seat allotted to Ikwerre in the House of Representatives against a son of Ikwerre land (Barrister Nwobidike Nwonodi).

This attempt by an Ibo man to represent Ikwerre was viewed as an affront to the people of Ikwerre ethnic nationality. It therefore generated a lot of tension in the land as that challenge woke Ikwerre people up which made them to decide to pool their resources together to decimate the pugnacity exhibited by the said Mr. Onu.

**** Take note of the tone of the emboldened part. That alone should tell you that the Ikwerres consider it an outrage for Igbo's to claim them*****

The Ikwerre people succeeded at the end of the contest as Barr. Nwonodi emerged victorious. Before this period, political support or solidarity was more of a tribal thing than the popularity of the political party. No wonder every taxable adult in all the communities in Ikwerre land, contributed his widow’s might in cash and kind through a general levy to see the victory project through.

Now, of you realy want to learn about Ikwerre identity. I have provided a link for you. Just because people speak something similar to your language, that doesn't mean they are one of you. You can be as different as the English and the Americans or the Beron and the Hausa.

https://www.naijamall.com/newsdatabase_template_page.asp?cmd=commentdetail&commentid=218

http://www.ikwerreusa.com/achinewhu.pdf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff / (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today / Saraki: No Right-thinking Apolitical Yoruba Should Jubilate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.