Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? (9621 Views)

Amechi's AIT Interview On Focus Nigeria Was A Shame! / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Eziachi,

I found what I was looking for, it's here. . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-56575.32.html#msg3322823.

I found an Igbo person that has a lot of sense and a balanced outlook and boldness to seek a path forward.  Why continue to chit chat with the irrational bunch agitating war?  I've moved on dude, find your level!  grin

Thank you dude for reminding of our different levels. It makes sense, doesn't it?
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by udezue(m): 1:04am On Jan 14, 2009
LMAO @ Willy Willy, But you are actually right brotha.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 14, 2009
People have failed and they are trying to make failure the norm! Why can't we all just get along? I really love Nigeria for whatever it is. Many civilizations and nations have fallen due to division. Persia should be a lesson to mankind but it's not. People are claiming we did this, we did that. Why can't we do a new one? We are living in the past and so we sleep on the future.

We are rapidly getting raped by westerners yet all we can do is bash each other?. Nigeria will not fail no matter what. Nigeria is made up of collection of almost all African tribes and yet we don't see that this is a civilization about to rise here? All we see is Biafra, Arewa, and Oduduwa? This is a civilization in the making cause it comprises of all African mother cultures. Can't you all see it? can't you all see that deep in our unity lies the fall of the oppressors and our division is the Pyramid of their victory? Why are we blinded by sentiments and bigotry? Why can't we just forgo the past?

Nigeria will make it. If Nigeria should fall, then I'll have no home. Cause I'm a nomad I go places but Nigeria is still where I feel free when I'm in. It's like the British used my freedom to create the boarders of Nigeria forming a perfect map. The best Map in the world just like that of Africa. She has a beautiful shape.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by jumobi1(m): 7:48am On Jan 14, 2009
Nigeria needs to divide. What makes Nigeria a legitimate country? U.K? Nigerians tribes love their their own so much that they would do whatever it takes to benefit their own even if it means suffering the other.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by udezue(m): 1:04am On Jan 15, 2009
LUBRASI,

Since you cannot tell us what  ethnic group u hail from kindly shut the F up and quit diving into topics concerning Igbos or any other ethnic and quit telling IGBOS what to do with their lives when we know nothing about yours. U claim to be detribalized yet you are in every topic concerning one ethnic group or the other and Igbos in particular. Since u are so detribalized what language do you speak? Do u speak Ijoigboyorubahausaefiknupehausafulaniogonibiniishanbiromidomaigalagwariurhoboisokoitsekirikataf? grin

U claim no ethnicity yet you know Igbo, Ijo, Yoruba, Fulani ppl are not the same people and u do take sides when issues arise. U talk about ur lovely OIL and claim Igbos want even though they got their own which u 'll even dispute. U try to ridicule Igbos yet you see no ethnicity. U are just as bigoted as any other bigot in Nigeria so enough of the nonsense about being the most detribalized man. I don't necessarily see a tribalism as a bad thing as long as one ethnic group is not trampling on the rights of the other. U are an ethnic bigot for the fact that when Igbos and Easterners say they simply want to be left alone you say NO. If you Nigerians are so good you won't block their way. You'll respect their choice to be whatever they want to be. Unity can never be by force.
We know damn well if there is trouble in Maidugri u will run back to your native town in the South not Zamfara up north so quit deceiving yourself.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by IGWEUSA(m): 1:35am On Jan 15, 2009
@Poster
If the war was a success, i would have been earning Biafran pounds. smiley
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by B118: 1:43am On Jan 15, 2009
According to Wole Soyinka although he was against the Biafra wanting to break away, he did agree that they were right in wanting to do so because they were indeed being treated unfairly. And I do share his views. But isnt part of the baeuty of Nigeria the fact that u can find a variety of cultures and traditions and the ultimate goal is to bring all this people together in one country. Why do we try to divide ourselves cos we feel we are better that these group or that group in terms of religion culture or whatever else. Accept the differences and work together with it.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by naoma02: 9:00am On Jan 15, 2009
A Valentine like neva b4
not the regular gifts
not the same old teddy bear
we offer something new 4 her
something different
impress her, this time

call (Lagos) Mosun - 08037211151
(Abuja) Toni - 08036979998
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by fayahsoul: 11:50pm On Jan 15, 2009
Look i'm biafran and to all my brothas in the south east and south-south, we need to work together and stop all this petty rivalry. We are one family. For biafra to be a success we need to collaborate and build in peace and solidarity. MEND and MASSOB need to merge, pool rescources together and gain strenght in numbers.

Not forgetting my yoruba brothas too. We also share a lot in common. Let us learn to respect ourselves and guard our collective self interest rather than being an unnecessary obstacle to each others progress. It's all about the brotherhood.

As for our arabianized brothers to the north, well i don't think you guys feel any love for brothers in the south. Your historical relationship with us have being replete with hate and enmity. How do we(especially south-east/south-south) deal with the issue of trust which is indispensable to nationhood? You arab wanna be's have your heart and soul set in mecca(it's history and culture). You have no strong bond to black africa.

Nonetheless, we the indegenes in this criminal private corporate entity called nigeria must take steps to dismantle this british construct and then devise new political entities from our own accord and consciousness or else kasala go burst ooo!

1 Like

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by antibullshit: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2021
NegroNtns:
Ndipe,

Everywhere on the web Igbos are resoundingly united in the move for a successful cessation out of Nigeria and the start of a new life as Biafran citizens. If the war was a success Biafra would have penetrated Westward and take over Yorubaland. Biafra would have taken over Hausaland. There would not be a Nigeria and a Biafra, there would be a Biafra with Yorubas and Hausas as minorities and the name Nigeria would have been history.

Unfortunately for Biafra that did not happen. So what's next for Biafra beside accounts of war and agitation for cessation?
If that was the plan then you're no better than them! You're also really ignorant about the ethnic makeup of nigeria. Nigeria is a lot more than just hausa yoruba and igbo.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ndipe(m): 8:21am On Jan 20, 2021
NegroNtns:
Ndipe,

Everywhere on the web Igbos are resoundingly united in the move for a successful cessation out of Nigeria and the start of a new life as Biafran citizens. If the war was a success Biafra would have penetrated Westward and take over Yorubaland. Biafra would have taken over Hausaland. [b][/b]There would not be a Nigeria and a Biafra, there would be a Biafra with Yorubas and Hausas as minorities and the name Nigeria would have been history.

Unfortunately for Biafra that did not happen. So what's next for Biafra beside accounts of war and agitation for cessation?

The aim of Biafra was to secede the East from Nigeria not to seize and incorporate other parts of Nigeria like the Yourba and Hausaland. That would have defeated its purpose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Becomes Niger Republic's Diplomat to UK / Nigeria As A Name And The Amalgamation / 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.