Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

General Buhari's Military Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari's Military Government (87250 Views)

Buhari’s Military Action In Gambia Without Approval – Senator Chukwuka Utazi / PDP Salutes Buhari, Military For Capturing Sambisa Forest / Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by henchamb(m): 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
sai baba
where are all those making noise
wehavedecided oh

6 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by lynn79: 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ok o!
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by immortalvoices(m): 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
Seun:
When I created this thread, I locked it because I didn't want the facts to be distorted by people paid to distort our opinions, whether they be TANoids/GEJites or APC Internet Warriors. However, I believe we've had enough time to digest the information. I'll unlock the thread shortly.

Oga sir u only postpone what will eventually be

The political parties campaign managers would so derail this thread with their "sai buhari and gej till 2019" slogan!

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Phikom(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
GMB till PEJ becomes a fish monger....

13 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by ozoigbondu: 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
Well after reading and digesting this article it futher gave me strength to reject buhari tryanny and weak decisions

23 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by eminikansoso(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
let us see this change everyone is calling for
Sai Buhari
Sai Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by kuzee(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
who get time to read all these rubbish all coz of nonsense politics

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Djicemob: 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
All this people above me,how much una go sell those space for me? angry

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
FeBuhari 14 is on course.

9 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by KINGTELLER: 4:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
Too Long... Let me call my P.A to summarize it for me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by gbolsng(m): 4:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
Okay, we learnt two things: Buhari was a ruthless dictator and the economy deteriorated under him.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by niggereyez(f): 4:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
lemme save dis page first.. b4 they lock it again. . lol.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by boma95(f): 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
GMB
till asari dokubo shaves
hz dirty beards tongue

8 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by FRANCISEKE1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ok
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by ayukdaboss(m): 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
FeBuhari 14 is on course.
This thread looks more like a Buhari campaign thread to me.

Sai Buhari!!

18 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Omooba77: 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
The policy was not different from NPN that was overthrew.....
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by scampy(m): 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ok
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by freakyhat: 4:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
The truth cannot be hidden for long. is it not obvious that GMB has always had d interest of d country at heart? We need him now like d country needed him then. GMB all d way!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Trailblazer1(m): 4:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
An excerpt from Seun's post:

See the climax of the change buhari brought in 1983
The austerity measures made it difficult for local industries to procure essential imported raw materials, leading many of them to close or to operate at greatly reduced capacity. Many workers were laid off, and government itself retrenched many workers to increase its "cost effectiveness." All of these actions were accompanied by high inflation. The price of basic food items rose, and life became increasingly difficult, even for the affluent.

Is this the change you want again?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by MillionDollars: 4:24pm On Feb 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by slikcipher(m): 4:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
Did all this people chanting Sai. Buhari read this article? I can't see anyone who's sane chant Sai. Buhari after reading this.

15 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by honeric01(m): 4:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
I have my PVC, this is my greatest achievement today! grin

Sorry, i have nothing else to say concerning Febuhari 2014.

#ihavedecided#

16 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Innodon(m): 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
Finally. ...well done Senun

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by alaoeri: 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
One thing is certain GMB administration will be better than that of GEJ.

22 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by jorlons(m): 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
NTA

AIT

Nairaland

Hmmmmm Nawa

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2015

The Buhari government investigated and detained the top political leaders of the Second Republic, holding them responsible for economic excesses of the previous regime. Constraints were placed on various groups, including the Nigerian Medical Association, which was outlawed, and the National Association of Nigerian Students, and it promulgated two decrees that restricted freedom of the press and suppressed criticism of the government. Decree Number 4 forbade any journalist from reporting information considered embarrassing to any government official. Two journalists, Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor, were convicted under the decree. Decree Number 2 gave the chief of staff at Supreme Headquarters the power to detain for up to six months without trial anyone considered a security risk. Special military tribunals increasingly replaced law courts while the state security agency, the National Security Organisation, was given greater powers.

The austerity measures made it difficult for local industries to procure essential imported raw materials, leading many of them to close or to operate at greatly reduced capacity. Many workers were laid off, and government itself retrenched many workers to increase its "cost effectiveness." All of these actions were accompanied by high inflation. The price of basic food items rose, and life became increasingly difficult, even for the affluent

Is this called change?
Outlawing NMA,student govts,suppressing the press and throwing people in prison without a trial and replacing the laws of the land with tyranny?instituting measures that laid off workers and caused businesses to shut down plus skyrocketed inflation.
[size=18pt]Buhari single handedly killed the nigerian middle class and babangida conducted the funeral[/size]

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by niggi4life(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
God bless Nairaland!!! A place where vital information can be gotten

15 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by delikay4luv: 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
Booked
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by solasola(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
what can i say than lip sealed. Hmmmmm!!!!
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by tbaba1234: 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
Reading Buhari's biography makes me come to a number of conclusions.

1. Buhari genuinely had the interest of the country at heart but his methods were crude. That passion for Nigeria surrounded with brains like fashola and Osinbajo makes a good combination.

2. He had a zero tolerance for corruption but was not as flexible as he could have been. Not surprising since he was a military head of state.

Nigeria needs a corruption fighter and Buhari fits the bill. Fortunately, he.has to do it under a democracy now.

GEJ has no plans for corruption.

3. Buhari will put the fear of God on corrupt officials. Sometimes, that reputation matters.

4. Buhari is imperfect but offers more than Jonathan.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by obaayo2: 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
will comment after reading through

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Don't Want To See Nnamdi Kanu In These Clothes Again - Judge Tells DSS / Femi Fani-Kayode Is Dating Ezenwa Chika Nerita (Photos) / Senate President Akpabio Wears Tinubu Logo Cap To Plenary, Sparks Reaction (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.