Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

General Buhari's Military Government - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari's Military Government (87252 Views)

Buhari’s Military Action In Gambia Without Approval – Senator Chukwuka Utazi / PDP Salutes Buhari, Military For Capturing Sambisa Forest / Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Seun(m): 8:10am On Feb 07, 2015
whisper2esi:
I wonder why Seun didn't comment after unlocking this thread, cos I believe he created this for a purpose and I think he should be able to answer those that didn't understand what he's trying to pass across. If u no won comment why u come unlock am then?
What I'm trying to pass accross is a balanced view of the conduct and performance of General Buhari's first military government.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by richardomoko: 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
A lot of hog wash underlined with obviously the influence of the brown envelope. If you weren't born then or knowledgeable as at the time please collect your brown envelope from Tinubu and recoil into where you came from. I was a teenager then and I remember vividly the brute force and hardships this govt caused a lot of us. The introduction of import license which was an avenue to create wealth for northerners, the lack of economical understanding which cased hyperinflation as we came to know of words such as essential commodities (milk, bread, sugar etc.) The govt was intolerant to criticism and opposition and jailed people indiscriminately. Buhari still has not change as the so called slogan indicates. Please there is no way you can see black and call it white even if you try as much to paint it so. Boko-hari can't win.
Seun:
It's hard to get the real truth about General Buhari's first government when all the storytellers are trying to influence our votes. President Jonathan's people want us to believe that it was a terrible time for Nigerians, but General Buhari's people say it was blissful and lovely.

I found the stories and quotes below on the US library of congress website (via barcanista, ironically). They're very balanced and objective, so please let's all read them very carefully. I have consciously chosen not to highlight the paragraphs that I might personally consider to be important since that will introduce bias.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by DotaOfAKnig(f): 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2015
History......let's look @Jonathan's present!!! dats d way forward

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by bboshodi: 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
Great Pedagogue! just as you have advised Seun to try and analyze the current administration under a Democratic setting and all the few things you talked about and why they were not addressed.

Seun should also remember that all those arbitrary use of power could only have happened during military regime- This time GMB want to govern this country as a Democratically elected President. Where issues are trashed through the lower and upper house... Be wise Nigerians.

Some people are beneficiaries. They can analyze to their pockets.

Once again, nice one Pedagogue! Meanwhile Next time pls remember to mention civil servant that stole N24B and was advised to pay N750K or to be imprisoned for 3yrs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by LoveDecay(m): 10:29am On Feb 08, 2015
This is old post I made in one of my sincere moments:

Alot of individuals do not support Buhari and alot do.

In my candid opinion - everyone has a right to vote whomever they want it's in the constitution.

In the same light the most significant component in Nigeria's dislike for Buhari is arguably baseless in mordern global politics. If your quite studied in Nigerian politics and history - you will find that "Human rights" were Buhari's supposed crime against Nigerians - this is true , he did do a lot of good things in bad ways, like many a few military dictator's, however. And the keyword here is military dictator , with absolute power and no checks and balances.

Unfortunately, in global politics as well as 'state' politics human rights are relative - they change, come and go - and the state is shouldered with the responsibility to defend the people , their culture, lifestyle, norms e.t.c. above any human right consideration, international alliances or agreements.

Buhari was merely doing this, the best way he knew. Do not forget , it was a military regime and most military regimes - regardless of country had little regard for 'the human rights'. This is opinion however.

And, if we would make a comparison - it would be foolish to compare a military regime with a democratic regime. So lets say logically how can we discern if Buhari is the right candidate if we cant compare his rule with Jonathan's. Well, you can start by getting rid of the noise - human rights in this case.

In your anaylsis , forget put aside the human rights and compare GEJ and GMB. I am an advocate for peace and always will be hence when I think of GEJ i think of Bokoharam and GMB Maitastine
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by justme002: 11:33am On Feb 08, 2015
Oh yes we all know buhari isn't corrupt,but the question still remains,can he manage in a democratic setting?,or does he still intend to b stern and extreme in handling certain issues?..we want CHANGE,yes but not a change from bad to worse!!

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
ok. but all that to me is history, 1980s is not 2015. change is constant and the change we need now is buhari....btw he only ruled as head of state under milltary
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pedagogue:
Seun,

Thanks for beaming the searchlight on Buhari. You are a great 'JOURNALIST'.

But Seun, we will really appreciate if you can also use your 'journalistic talents' to beam a searchlight on the present government.

Or you don't consider it necessary for Nigerians to REMEMBER that:

1. The Chibok girls are still missing
2. That a dollar to naira is now 210.
3. That our hospitals are under locks and keys.
4. That universities were closed down for 6 months
5. Polytechnics were shut down for 11 months
6. Colleges of education were shut down for several months.
7. Oil theft is at an all time high.
8. Boko haram? They kill people everyday...Just check youtube if you have the heart!
9. Our international reputation? Gone to the dogs...
10. Corruption? Don't even go there! Billions now have wings...After all, Stealing is not corruption!!!

Seun, my point is: we know that Buhari is not perfect. He ruled with force as Head of State. He was ruthess...Yes, we know that!
But how do you expect a man who ruled as HEAD OF STATE to have ruled? It's a no-brainer!

Happily, there's something fantastic about the epistles from the US Library, and that is: BUHARI IS NOT CORRUPT!!! And believe me, he is all we need right now...

Sai Buhari!!!

Cheers

what should a person with a likeness of always showing rejection to things which are considered fair because he/she losses be called? what manner of corruption is higher than seeing red and say it isn't red. On 18 December 2006, Gen. Buhari was nominated as
the consensus candidate of the All Nigeria People's
Party. His main challenger in the April 2007 polls was
the ruling PDP candidate, Umaru Yar'Adua , who
hailed from the same home state of Katsina . In the
election, Buhari officially took 18% of the vote against
70% for Yar'Adua, but Buhari rejected these results.

Buhari was the CPC Presidential candidate in the 16 April 2011 general election, running against
incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan of the
People's Democratic Party (PDP), Mallam Nuhu
Ribadu of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), and
Ibrahim Shekarau of ANPP. They were the major
contenders among 20 contestants. [51] He was
running on an anti-corruption platform and pledged
to remove immunity protections from government
officials. He also gave support to enforcement of
Sharia law in Nigeria's northern states, which had
previously caused him political difficulties among
Christian voters in the country's south. [21]
The elections were marred by widespread sectarian
violence, which claimed the lives of 800 people across the country, as Buhari’s supporters attacked
Christian settlements in the country’s center regions.
[52] The three day uprising was blamed in part on
Buhari’s inflammatory comments. [52] In spite of
assurances from Human Rights Watch
, who had
judged the elections as “among the fairest in
Nigeria’s history”, Buhari claimed that the poll was
flawed and warned[52] that "If what happened in
2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of
God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in
blood". [53][54] However, he remains a "folk hero" to some for his vocal opposition to corruption. [55] Buhari won 12,214,853 votes, coming second to the incumbent
president Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP, who polled
22,495,187 votes and was declared the winner.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

Well I see the Nigerian political ideology as a kind prone to the rule of a semblance set of people always ruling till their death. So it is okay to be in support of former rulers who left us with nothing order than we bear the name 'country' because of our gullible nature. Let GMB takes over and eat from his 8years stay and in 2023 it will be wise to vote in IBB.

Thank God I see a brighter future for the youths of my country, we will make it to that promise land we were always told by our teachers/guidance to enable us become reasonable people "you are the leaders of tomorrow"

Vote Wisely
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by coolscott(m): 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
lucrownt:
I shall not lie, one old man told me the story of Buhari/Idiagbon regime I felt like crying for this present state of Nigeria. He said that there were high level of corruption, inflation etc before Buhari's Coup. But some months after the take over, everything became normal. Though, it was unfavorable to some elites because it blocked their gates of unclean wealth. I must confess to you that we Nigerians we hate truthfulness. May Almighty God give us the heart of being just. Click Like if you believe that Truth will surely prevail over calumny.
God Bless You
God Bless Nigeria.

In a democracy, there is such a thing of separation of powers. The kinds of decisions made by military leaders (including Buhari) in the past cannot be made now, because power is now shared between the legislature and the judiciary.

For laws to be made, the legislative arm has to cooperate.

For these laws to be enforced, the judicial arm has to be up, doing and cooperative.

It is already technically impossible for Buhari to be the way he was in 1985 even if he is still as straight forward as he is perceived to have been then.

But frolicking with Amaechi, a known fraudulent figure in Nigerian politics lays to rest any doubts that the anti-corruption mantra of the Buhari team is only a joke (that insults our senses).
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
harkindele:
ok. but all that to me is history, 1980s is not 2015. change is constant and the change we need now is buhari....btw he only ruled as head of state under milltary
do you know the definition of transformation? And is transformation indifferent of change? But however Change is indifferent of transformation. so you see where GMB opposition nature reflects.
Lastly go and learn of why GMB was overthrown during his military rule even as a tyrant.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by neocortex: 10:39am On Feb 09, 2015
lucrownt:
I shall not lie, one old man told me the story of Buhari/Idiagbon regime I felt like crying for this present state of Nigeria. He said that there were high level of corruption, inflation etc before Buhari's Coup. But some months after the take over, everything became normal. Though, it was unfavorable to some elites because it blocked their gates of unclean wealth. I must confess to you that we Nigerians we hate truthfulness. May Almighty God give us the heart of being just. Click Like if you believe that Truth will surely prevail over calumny.
God Bless You
God Bless Nigeria.

Wisdom is not determined by age , but by careful analysis and deductions from life's experience.
The old man just told you what he heard from the media , not his own experience.
One day , you will become an old man too and tell your children a favorable story of Buhari even though it is outrightly false.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by ngoziiwenofu1: 11:24am On Feb 09, 2015
NIGERIANS: WHO IS CORRUPT?

AND YET, JONATHAN'S GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT -
THEY WANT CHANGE
1. Obasanjo’s government spent $16bn for power, and
only achieved to change the name of NEPA to PHCN, yet
some people and Obasanjo says Jonathan’s Government
id corrupt.
2. Obasanjo’s government, Olusegun Obasanjo and Atiku
Abubakar were involved in a $180m Hallibuton bribery
scam that made world news, Yet Obasanjo says
Jonathan’s Government is corrupt.
3. Obasanjo’s government, Obasanjo and Atiku spent
about N1tn with Siemens for the production of National ID
Card, with a N34bn bribery scam. I am yet to get mine,
Yet Obasanjo says Jonathan is corrupt.
4. Bola Ahmed Tinubu used Babatunde Fashola to build 1
kilometer of road for N1.2bn, while Akpabio builds same
for N120m. Yet Tinubu and Fashola says Jonathan is
corrupt.
5. Bola Tinubu and Fashola spent $460 million (N55
billion at 2009 exchange rate of N118/$1) of tax payer’s
money in the name of Lekki-Epe Concession Company
(LCC) to build a toll gate, and yet taxed Lagosians even
after claiming to buy back the concession, for using the
road with no records, Yet Tinubu, Fashola and Obasanjo
says Jonathan is corrupt.
6. Buhari delegated all powers to Afri-Project Consortium
(APC), a consulting firm owned by his Wife’s brother,
which allowed his Inlaw’s firm to Initiate all projects for
the PTF, Approve all projects for the PTF and Execute all
projects for the PTF. APC was able to make away with
N25,758,532,444 (Twenty-five billion, seven hundred and
fifty-eight million, five hundred and thirty-two thousand,
four hundred and fourty-four Naira). Buhari says he did
not know.. Yet Buhari, Tinubu claims Jonathan is corrupt.
7. Rotimi Ameachi spent N50bn to build a 2kilometer
monorail that is yet to be completed. And Ameachi,
Tinubu, Buhari says Jonathan is corrupt.
8. 56,000 ghost workers were discovered and terminated,
So former President called President Jonathan to leave
the 56,000 ghost workers to remain in status quo, When
President Jonathan ignored, Obasanjo claimed that
Jonathan is corrupt.
Nigeria was rated the 2nd must corrupt Nation in the
world as at 1999 – 2007 when Obasanjo was president,
then rated 3rd from 2007 till 2011. In 2014, Nigeria is
rated 37th in the world, with a four months review that will
place Nigeria at 46th. Yet Obasanjo says Jonathan is
corrupt.
SHOW ME ONE STOREY BUILDING THAT BELONGS TO
JONATHAN IN NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by aliyusamaila52(m): 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
Sai Baba on the 28 march,2015 by God grace.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by darksuit(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ will soon sell all his shoes, mark my words!

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by queensmith: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
tbaba1234:
Reading Buhari's biography makes me come to a number of conclusions.

1. Buhari genuinely had the interest of the country at heart but his methods were crude. That passion for Nigeria surrounded with brains like fashola and Osinbajo makes a good combination.

2. He had a zero tolerance for corruption but was not as flexible as he could have been. Not surprising since he was a military head of state.

Nigeria needs a corruption fighter and Buhari fits the bill. Fortunately, he.has to do it under a democracy now.

GEJ has no plans for corruption.

3. Buhari will put the fear of God on corrupt officials. Sometimes, that reputation matters.

4. Buhari is imperfect but offers more than Jonathan.

Absolutely, I 100%,agree. It will be foolish for anyone to assume that Buhari will use the same measures he did over 30 years ago. Times have changed and so have the countries requirements. Corruption is the only thing that has become worse over the years and I'm confident Buhari is capable of dealing with it.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by change49ja: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2015
A 4year old boy was ask the following question:

Teacher: Which of the following is not corruption?

A) Fraud
B) Honesty
C)Stealing

Junior(a 4 year old boy): The answer is B...Honesty.
Teacher: Junior, why 'honesty'?
Junior: Because 'honesty' is the best policy.
Teacher: Very good, clap for him....Klueless, why are you raising up your hand?
Klueless: (scratching his head),Oga teacher, erm... the answer is C...Stealing.
Teacher: You mean Stealing is not corruption?
Klueless: Yes sir
Teacher: Explain?
Klueless: Teacher, stealing is not corruption in Baye where I come from unless you're not sharing. Even our president-GEJ said so on NTA yesterday. So who is wrong teacher? You, a secondary school holder or our President GEJ, a PhD holder?
Teacher: erm.....erm...
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Masturbation(f): 1:31am On Feb 10, 2015
Obasanjo/Atiku had 8 years but couldnt fix power!!!
Fashola and Tinubu had 16years in lagos they
couldnt fix all the roads in lagos and couldnt give
lagosians portable water to mention few.
GEJ has spent 5years + as President of over 170m
people and they want
him to overnight turn Nigeria into a paradise. They
call him names,
Clueless, Foolish, some even said he is silly
e.t.c. But...
(1) He built 150 almajiri schools.
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(2) He revived railway that was comatose for over
28yrs. Lagos-
Kano route,Lagos-Southern Ogun air condition
train route,Ajaokuta-Warri standard gauge route,
PH-Enugu airconditioned train route, PH Maiduguri
train route, Kaduna intra- city train
routes,Makurdi-PH airconditioned train route,
Abuja- Kaduna standard guage route. Work on
Lagos-Ibadan standard guage route ongoing. And
about to kickstart Lagos-Calabar coastal railway
route. Yet Goodluck is bad.
(3) He established 12 federal universities.Yet
Goodluck is bad.
Massive road reconstruction across the country
(25000km). Benin-
Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja expressway, Enugu-
Abakaliki, Onitsha-
Owerri road, Kaduna-Maiduguri road, East-West
road, Parts of PH-
Enugu road &Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road ongoing.
Yet Goodluck is
bad.
(4 ) Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge is
ongoing..Yet Goodluck is
bad.
( 5) He dredged River Niger..Yet Goodluck is bad.
(6) Improved power supply from 2500mw to
6000mw and
implanted 10 new power plants..Yet Goodluck is
bad.
( 7) He revived the automobile industry with the
new automobile
policy spurring Nissan&Hyundai e.t.c to assemble/
produce cars in
Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous
automobile company the
INNOSON group now producing locally made in
Nigeria cars, SUVs
and trucks known as the IVM motors First in the
history of Nigeria,
She joined the commodity of car manufacturing
countries..Yet
Goodluck is bad.
( He remodeled airports to international
standard,built five new
airport terminals in PH, Lagos,Kano, Abuja &
Enugu. First in the
history of Nigeria, the East now have an
international airport..Yet
Goodluck is bad.
(9 ) He signed freedom of information(FOI) bill past
leaders refused
to sign..Yet Jonathan is bad.
(10) He revamped the agricultural sector. Nigeria
now the largest producer of cassava in the world
with 45million metric tonnes-FAO, the largest
exporter of cassava chips to China and have
unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice
production.Yet Goodluck is bad.
(11) He gave women 35% affirmative to women
participation in
governance which saw the emergence of Muktar as
the first ever
female Chief Justice of Nigeria..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(12) He was able to contain the outbreak of Ebola
disease..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(13) No more long queues at filling stations..Yet
Goodluck is bad.
(14) Nigeria manufacture her first ever locally made
drone..
Yet Goodluck is badj
(15) He signed local content act. Nigeria now have
400 tankers
transporting crude oil.Previously it was 60 tankers.
Yet Goodluck is
bad.
(16) His government recorded an unprecedented
achievement in
sports, best sporting performance in the history of
country..Yet
Goodluck is bad.
(17) Nigeria is now the largest economy in Africa
and the
3rd fastest growing economy in the world after
China and Qatar--
CNN..Yet Goodluck is bad.
(18) He made it possible for Nigeria to conduct the
most free, fair &
credible election in the history of the country (2011
election). Yet
Goodluck is bad.
(19) He does not interfere with the electoral and
judiciary
system.Elections in Imo, Anambra,Osun, Ondo and
Edo are examples. In the
history of Nigeria, is only in his government the
opposition
controlled large number of states and controlled
greater number of
seats in the National Assembly..Yet Goodluck is
bad.
(20) Under his government,political assassination
and
assassination of high profile Nigerians is now a
thing of the past.
Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige, FunshoWilliams,
Marshall Harry,
Aminisoari Dikibo,Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro Wiwa,
Kudirat
Abiola,NBA chairman Barnabas Igwe and his wife
Abigail Igwe? In
whose governments were all these murdered? I
can go on and give
you about 100 high profile political assassination
in Obasanjo's
civilian rule alone..Yet President Goodluck
Jonathan is bad and so
unacceptable to you.
(21) GEJ approved 2,564 vehicles for police for free
and fair elections and some bad eggs still complain
that he is not working.
I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY NIGERIANS WILL
BE JUDGED
NOT BY THE DIALECT THEY SPEAK BUT BY THE
CONTENT OF
THEIR CHARACTER. I hereby challenge anybody to
bring forward
the achievements of Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and
Obasanjo.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND PUNISH THE ENEMIES OF
NIGERIA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Masturbation(f): 1:38am On Feb 10, 2015
Seun.
I call on you
Please, move this topic to front page for the interest of those who don't visit the political section of this forum.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 10, 2015
neocortex:

Wisdom is not determined by age , but by careful analysis and deductions from life's experience.
The old man just told you what he heard from the media , not his own experience.
One day , you will become an old man too and tell your children a favorable story of Buhari even though it is outrightly false.
Not really, the man in question is a Taxi driver, of which he knows more than I do.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by summerflame(m): 6:31am On Feb 10, 2015
When u talk of the flawless administration of GMB, talk of the present GEJ as well, compare and contrast and you are gonna see that GMB is all we want. GEJ tolerates corruption but GMB despise corruption. Are we gonna wait till we go into another slave trade to pay the debt GEJ got us into?. SEUN, next time u wanna post this kinda thread, make sure u posted the other rival flaws as well. I don't like people being biased and sentimental. Thank you
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Bolajiblog(m): 7:48am On Feb 10, 2015
bboshodi:
Meanwhile Next time pls remember to mention civil servant that stole N24B and was advised to pay N750K or to be imprisoned for 3yrs.
hmm..see if u study govt or law verywell u will discover that judges ve d right to make their judgement as they like, though d judgement wasnt fair, u dnt blame that on FG..z it d FG that made d judgement?
newshub.mywapblog.com
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Chiaka(f): 11:16am On Feb 10, 2015
lucrownt:
God Bless You
God Bless Nigeria.

Guess the man is an old man, cant remember benefitting anything from Buhari, all I remember as a child
was soldiers wiping people about for one reason or the other, if not for not queuing up it would be for throwing paper on the floor.
Yes I remember the one of going to raid market peoples shops by soldiers and forcing them to sell their commodities lower than the amount
they bought them. Soldiers were every were bullying and terrorizing people. That's not my spec for change and cannot work in this present dispensation.......economic reforms no longer use the trade by barter approach.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Chiaka(f): 11:27am On Feb 10, 2015
queensmith:

Absolutely, I 100%,agree. It will be foolish for anyone to assume that Buhari will use the same measures he did over 30 years ago. Times have changed and so have the countries requirements. Corruption is the only thing that has become worse over the years and I'm confident Buhari is capable of dealing with it.

Well if he will not use the same measures he used years back. Why is he not open about the measures he intends now to use.
I mean we need to know. A National debate would clear/mere doubts but he declined. Ad in all his rallies he never made up to a 3mins
speech of nothing to hold to , no details of how he hopes to achieve any of his promises, sounds unclear.
Most things people shout about that Buhari did was been done buy his deputy Idiagbon (of blessed memory now), he was the brain. Buhari doesn't have Nigerians at heart he has muslim fulanis/hausa at heart we need people who has the whole nation at heart, Yoruba, Ibo, central people, south south, Fulani, hausa every one at heart......and that man is Good luck Jonathan. Nigeria is really in a bad shape and he has to work extra to make any lasting impression but the man has tried and will do more we move forward and not backward......like the saying goes forward ever, backward never.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by queensmith: 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
Chiaka:

Well if he will not use the same measures he used years back. Why is he not open about the measures he intends now to use.
I mean we need to know. A National debate would clear/mere doubts but he declined. Ad in all his rallies he never made up to a 3mins
speech of nothing to hold to , no details of how he hopes to achieve any of his promises, sounds unclear.
Most things people shout about that Buhari did was been done buy his deputy Idiagbon (of blessed memory now), he was the brain. Buhari doesn't have Nigerians at heart he has muslim fulanis/hausa at heart we need people who has the whole nation at heart, Yoruba, Ibo, central people, south south, Fulani, hausa every one at heart......and that man is Good luck Jonathan. Nigeria is really in a bad shape and he has to work extra to make any lasting impression but the man has tried and will do more we move forward and not backward......like the saying goes forward ever, backward never.

How specific do you want him to be? Do you think GEJ has failed in curtailing the insurgents because the insurgents are highly skilled, outnumber and outspend our military and possess advanced technology and equipment?

The man answered the question!! He will apply the resources we have!! It's enough! an army of 130k to a few thousand miscreants? It's an embarrassing joke! The truth is GEJ has and never will be committed to resolving Nigerias BH problem!

That being said I will like to know what details GEJ has given us about anything? Neither of them have a convincing game plan, but we have experienced 4 years of Jona and can clearly see he can't do nadda!

I don't care who he has at heart (though it's been said many times Buhari is a staunch nationalist) anybody committed to eliminating corruption and removing these terrorists has my vote 20 thousand times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Don't Want To See Nnamdi Kanu In These Clothes Again - Judge Tells DSS / Femi Fani-Kayode Is Dating Ezenwa Chika Nerita (Photos) / Senate President Akpabio Wears Tinubu Logo Cap To Plenary, Sparks Reaction (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.