Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

General Buhari's Military Government - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari's Military Government (87246 Views)

Buhari’s Military Action In Gambia Without Approval – Senator Chukwuka Utazi / PDP Salutes Buhari, Military For Capturing Sambisa Forest / Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by danies1941(m): 8:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
ogb5:
I was in secondary when Buhari overthrew Shagari. In summary I will never wish any person like Buhari to ever come near the sit of power in Nigeria again.

Nigerians thought they were suffering under the last year of Shagari's rule, they only knew the true meaning of suffering under Buhari.

1. For starters he changed the colour of the currency forcing everyone to go to the bank within 3 days to change their money. At the bank, you deposit your money and money is rationed to you. The bank simply refused to give people their money, so folks had money in the bank but can not collect it and were starving.
2. Buhari brought price control, he fixed the price of essential commodities below the cost price, meaning all traders will have to sell at a loss. Traders refused to sell at a loss and locked their shops in the day only sneaking out at night to sell to those willing to buy at a fair price. Buhari responded by using soldiers to break up people's shops and selling private goods below the cost price. Many people went out of business, resulting in long queues and starvation.

3. Buhari stopped the importation of both finished goods and essential raw materials needed by industries, factories had to either close down or seriously downsize, the effect was massive unemployment and long queues for essential commodities, things like bread, vegetable oil, salt, soap, sugar e.t.c People stayed on quees morning till night for several days without being able to buy essential commodities. Some people fainted on the queues. Many people committed suicide from being unable to provide for their families. Many families died from eating hurriedly prepared cassava due to hunger. While in 1980 we were laughing at Ethiopia due to the famine ravaging them, in 1984 we started starving, not because of famine but because Buhari's stupid economic policies meant starvation for the nation.

4. Buhari used soldiers to terrorize civilians, people were routinely flogged on the street, soldiers even entered peoples homes every weekend to flog them all in the name of forcing them to do environmental sanitation every weekend, The little economic activity that was not killed by Buhari's tyrannical economic policies were further damaged by a reduced work week forced on the nation by the mandatory Sanitation days every weekend.

5. in today's Nigeria, if you are hard working you will be able to feed yourself even if you don't become rich, during buhari's regime, food was a luxury many could not afford no matter how hard working they were, it was a regime of brutality, retrenchment and gloom. And the guy did not give a damn if everyone dies from starvation.

6. To get a fair idea of the economic situation was under Buhari, think of what happened in Zimbabwe a few years back, shops were without supplies to sell, the few supplies available became very expensive. the difference is that Zimbabwe's condition was largely due to sanctions imposed on them by western nations, in Nigeria's case it was due to sanctions imposed on Nigerians by Buhari and to make matters worse, Buhari was using soldiers to flog starving Nigerians even on bread queues, such a heartless man.

Starving? Where? Food was a luxury? Starvation? Which Nigeria was that? Are you sure you were not living in Ethiopia in 1984? Because thats where food was a luxury in 1984. Bro tin milk was 20kobo. Newspapers were 15kobo. Peugoet 504 was N9000. The dollar was 75 kobo. My dad's gardner-Baba Alex (a Ghanaian) was earning N200 a month and lived in a 3 bedroom apartment. My brother's school fees at a private secondary school hostel was barely N50 per term.
Are you sure you were living in Nigeria?

Why do my people refuse to study History. This lack of history is really killing Nigeria. Very soon we will hear that Lawrence Anini was a Pastor and Dimka was a former President.
Bisi Akande see what you caused by sacking all the history teachers when you were Governor!
Ethiopia's famine was in 1984 NOT 1980. A simple google search will show you this. Nigeria HAS NEVER experienced famine. No one was starving in 1984 Nigeria. Haba.

8 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Seawhy(m): 8:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
One clear thing is that Buhari is not corrupt and there is no way he can surround himself with corrupt officials.
Lovers of Nigeria cannot in any way compare President Goodluck with Buhari in terms of corruption.
Thank god, the forensic audit report has just been released on nnpc and the report is clear.
N1.48B dollars missing and when converted to Naira is about N248B naira.
If this amount is shared to Nigerians, live will change for many.
But few individuals just chop am and close mouth and same people are saying they want another four years.
Sorry if this happens, Nigeria will turn to church mouse.
What about the security of this country that is at the mercy of BH and we have a country whose primary objective
is to secure lives and property of this nation. Today somebody's children are still lavishing in the hands of BH.
Change and nothing but change is the only remedy to this problem.
opportunity they say come but once and this is the opportunity.
Nigerians, please utilise this opportunity.
The hour is now.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by BreezyRita(f): 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
CaptainJason:

You tried by listed those points but it would have been better if you considered many other factors before heaping the blame on just one man out of 170 million people.

1. You forgot to mention the Borno elders that requested for less military presence and promised an end to boko haram if the military presence is reduced, you also forgot to add that Gen Ihejerika was attacked every time he was dealing with the boko haram boys, you failed to include that previous governments failed to stop Boko haram and that Emirs and notable northern politicians have been begging and standing as surety for those militants. Did you also forget that KAbiru Sokoto was arrested in Borno State Governors Abuja lodge? Why point all fingers at the man you expect to single-handedly stop numerous problems caused by several people and interest groups?

2. Dollar to Naira is now 210, Did you ask yourself what you and your people have been contributing to help Nigeria earn foreign currency? Are you aware that most countries with strong currencies are earning foreign currency, Do you as an individual export any good or service? The citizens of the countries you would want to compare the naira with are actively involved in earning foreign currency for their country

3. Most doctors and medical personnel in Govt owned institutions have their own private clinics where they refer people to, they cash out during the strike as more people troop to their clinics. Do you have any positive contribution on how to stop this trend?

4,5,6. These institutions clamored for autonomy yet they do not want to be independent, the workers have displayed their selfish nature, they try all sorts and hold govt to ransom. How come the private schools are doing very fine, many lectures hold positions in both public and private schools yet they do not sell their handout and ask for tutorial funds,sex and bribe for grades in the private schools except for maybe the yahoo colleges.

7 Oil theft is not new, Previous governments failed to stop it and it will continue to rise unless the world comes to our aid. The stolen oil makes its way to the market and as long as there are willing buyers and those ships can travel thousands of miles then there is no hope, its an organised crime.

8. Very sad, but how come Buhari and company have not been attending meetings to discuss the security situation? How come they cannot proffer solutions (since they claim they have it) to avoid loss of lives of people dying daily? How come they cannot use their supposed cult following to negotiate peace?

9. The international reputation has always been low and it is even getting better now, more people get visas now unlike the past when even western countries ban certain age groups

10. Corruption, we are all guilty, you support Buhari who is funded by ATiku, Amaechi and Tinubu

You claim Buhari is not perfect, No one is perfect, he was head of state, there were heads of state before and after him and they did not rule their people like they were ruling animals, Examples are Ironsi, Gowon, IBB, Murtala. Your Buhari that is not corrupt was Minister of petrol the first time that 2.8 billion dollars got missing from NNPC, I believe that is the starting point for corruption in Nigeria.

This is a democratic dispensation, Buhari claims to have his O'levels certificate, Nigerians have requested for it but he has been showing his dictatorial tendencies again. Is this what you really want? IF you want to be led by a dictator and have no regard for the rule of law, I cannot be in the same boat with you, This is Nigeria, you can move to North Korea ere such type of leadership is practiced.

Whatever you believe in bless you for this post!

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
lucrownt:
I shall not lie, one old man told me the story of Buhari/Idiagbon regime I felt like crying for this present state of Nigeria. He said that there were high level of corruption, inflation etc before Buhari's Coup. But some months after the take over, everything became normal. Though, it was unfavorable to some elites because it blocked their gates of unclean wealth. I must confess to you that we Nigerians we hate truthfulness. May Almighty God give us the heart of being just. Click Like if you believe that Truth will surely prevail over calumny.
God Bless You
God Bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
lucrownt:
I shall not lie, one old man told me the story of Buhari/Idiagbon regime I felt like crying for this present state of Nigeria. He said that there were high level of corruption, inflation etc before Buhari's Coup. But some months after the take over, everything became normal. Though, it was unfavorable to some elites because it blocked their gates of unclean wealth. I must confess to you that we Nigerians we hate truthfulness. May Almighty God give us the heart of being just. Click Like if you believe that Truth will surely prevail over calumny.
God Bless You
God Bless Nigeria.
one old woman @72 told me that u guys won't know the value of Jonathan until he leaves.
Nigerians we hate truthfulness. May Almighty God give us the heart of being just.
God Bless You

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by ogb5(m): 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
danies1941:

Starving? Where? Food was a luxury? Starvation? Which Nigeria was that? Are you sure you were not living in Ethiopia in 1984? Because thats where food was a luxury in 1984. Bro tin milk was 20kobo. Newspapers were 15kobo. Peugoet 504 was N9000. The dollar was 75 kobo. My dad's gardner-Baba Alex (a Ghanaian) was earning N200 a month and lived in a 3 bedroom apartment. My brother's school fees at a private secondary school hostel was barely N50 per term.
Are you sure you were living in Nigeria?

Why do my people refuse to study History. This lack of history is really killing Nigeria. Very soon we will hear that Lawrence Anini was a Pastor and Dimka was a former President.
Bisi Akande see what you caused by sacking all the history teachers when you were Governor!
Ethiopia's famine was in 1984 NOT 1980. A simple google search will show you this. Nigeria HAS NEVER experienced famine. No one was starving in 1984 Nigeria. Haba.

You want me to study history to know what I saw with my own eyes? experience is the best teacher they say, I have experienced Buhari's rule previously, maybe it is time for you to experience it. However wise people learn from the experience of others, fools always want to learn from their own experience.

Did you see it stated anywhere in what I wrote that Nigeria experienced famine, Nigerians starved under Buhari, not because of famine but because of Buhari's stupid economic policies.

Your brother paid 50 naira as school fees, maybe you should ask him what he remembered about Buhari's regime, he should be able to guide you as an older brother. I paid 30 naira as school fees under Buhari, during shagari's regime we were not paying school fees. Introdution of 30 naira school fees by Buhari made some families to withdraw their children from school. The best female student in my class was withdrawn because of the 30 naira school fees Buhari introduced.

man, I do not need to study history to know that Buhari was a devil. If in doubt pick up fela's beast of no nation and learn from the song. Peace

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by busky101(m): 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
CaptainJason:

You tried by listed those points but it would have been better if you considered many other factors before heaping the blame on just one man out of 170 million people.

1. You forgot to mention the Borno elders that requested for less military presence and promised an end to boko haram if the military presence is reduced, you also forgot to add that Gen Ihejerika was attacked every time he was dealing with the boko haram boys, you failed to include that previous governments failed to stop Boko haram and that Emirs and notable northern politicians have been begging and standing as surety for those militants. Did you also forget that KAbiru Sokoto was arrested in Borno State Governors Abuja lodge? Why point all fingers at the man you expect to single-handedly stop numerous problems caused by several people and interest groups?

2. Dollar to Naira is now 210, Did you ask yourself what you and your people have been contributing to help Nigeria earn foreign currency? Are you aware that most countries with strong currencies are earning foreign currency, Do you as an individual export any good or service? The citizens of the countries you would want to compare the naira with are actively involved in earning foreign currency for their country

3. Most doctors and medical personnel in Govt owned institutions have their own private clinics where they refer people to, they cash out during the strike as more people troop to their clinics. Do you have any positive contribution on how to stop this trend?

4,5,6. These institutions clamored for autonomy yet they do not want to be independent, the workers have displayed their selfish nature, they try all sorts and hold govt to ransom. How come the private schools are doing very fine, many lectures hold positions in both public and private schools yet they do not sell their handout and ask for tutorial funds,sex and bribe for grades in the private schools except for maybe the yahoo colleges.

7 Oil theft is not new, Previous governments failed to stop it and it will continue to rise unless the world comes to our aid. The stolen oil makes its way to the market and as long as there are willing buyers and those ships can travel thousands of miles then there is no hope, its an organised crime.

8. Very sad, but how come Buhari and company have not been attending meetings to discuss the security situation? How come they cannot proffer solutions (since they claim they have it) to avoid loss of lives of people dying daily? How come they cannot use their supposed cult following to negotiate peace?

9. The international reputation has always been low and it is even getting better now, more people get visas now unlike the past when even western countries ban certain age groups

10. Corruption, we are all guilty, you support Buhari who is funded by ATiku, Amaechi and Tinubu

You claim Buhari is not perfect, No one is perfect, he was head of state, there were heads of state before and after him and they did not rule their people like they were ruling animals, Examples are Ironsi, Gowon, IBB, Murtala. Your Buhari that is not corrupt was Minister of petrol the first time that 2.8 billion dollars got missing from NNPC, I believe that is the starting point for corruption in Nigeria.

This is a democratic dispensation, Buhari claims to have his O'levels certificate, Nigerians have requested for it but he has been showing his dictatorial tendencies again. Is this what you really want? IF you want to be led by a dictator and have no regard for the rule of law, I cannot be in the same boat with you, This is Nigeria, you can move to North Korea ere such type of leadership is practiced.
which previous government failed to stop boko haram? When did Boko haram emerge?
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Here2BustnScrew: 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
scribble:
I dey fear Buhari

It's no wonder he treated Umaru Dikko so, the file on this man for human rights abuses and economic malfeasance is thick in washigton DC.

No wonder he canceled his trip.

I'm sure the Americans will not know why Nigerians are a seemingly suicidal people or perhaps their most learned psychologists have already classified this slave love for master type mentality.

How can I see educated people clamouring for a Buhari presidency because of a buzz word "change" coined by An American PR expert.
Nigerians like most black people including myself can be ignorant, sentimental and non analytical.

Nigerians justice must prevail. The NIGER DELTA must feel like they are a part of the Nigerian project by US rising up on Valentine or whenever not to scuttle the ambition of this man who is trying compared to some other losers us or our ancestors have witnessed before.

Pls be wise, be reasonable.

tell dem

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by agabaI23(m): 9:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
I am not affiliated to any party. It is however obvious that Buhari had Nigeria at heart but went about tackling national issues the wrong way.

I suspect he believed scape goats from the "war against indiscipline" would serve as a check on citizens. However, it was abused by those at the corridors of power.

Propaganda aside, I believe Buhari will do well. My fear is the wide spread corruption in virtually every sector. What happens when he starts stepping on toes? What happens when Nigerians do not see the change they anticipated in a short time?

Jonathan on the contrary has equally done well, although on a slow pace. Reforms in the transport and agricultural sectors are plausible.

The bottom line is that government need to effectively communicate with the masses. Do not just make laws, explain why so that even the layman would understand.

In conclusion, corruption starts with you. From trying to jump the queue, to not paying your nepa bill and taxes, inflating the standard price of a contract to earn twice as much, cheating a buyer, amongst others.
Change should start from us and not them. It is said that a leader is a true representation of what the people deserve.

#SAYNOTOELECTIONVIOLENCE.
You nailed it
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by ultraGM: 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
BlackPeni5:
I'm still wondering how GMB will survive a democratic leadership where there will be strikes, unfounded allegations by trouble makers in the media, criticisms and huge unrealistic expectations.

Trust me Buhari will survived any critics , see what he has endured just in the campaign alone character assassination of highest level and he has never gave up no start defensive media campaign
I guess the campaign has train him in what Nigeria democracy is
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by CaptainJason: 9:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
busky101:
which previous government failed to stop boko haram? When did Boko haram emerge?

Boko Haram was founded in 2002, it became violent in 2009, that was when the leader Yusuf Mohammed was executed by the police on the orders of then Gov Ali Modu Sheriff, Sheriff was a patron, they were his political army till things got out of hand. In 2011, his brother and his anointed candidate for Gov elections were assassinated in front of his father's house. Sherill and Buhari are also close political associates, they have always been in same political parties until 2011 when Buhari was informed he would not be the presidential candidate of then ANPP. The sins of the then ANPP govs were not forgiven when they formed APC last year. All the ANPP govs at the time were pushed out of APC just because that was what Buhari wanted. There were no primaries in APC as everything had been concluded before the merger called APC. CPC produces president while ACN produces the VICE. Same arrangement as 2011 that failed because Tunde Bakare refused to sign his post dated resignation letter which would have enabled Tinubu to become VP without standing for elections. Same thing is playing out again and I am sure Osinbajo has resigned even before winning the election or sworn in. I hope I didnt drift too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by CaptainJason: 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
BreezyRita:

Whatever you believe in bless you for this post!

Bless you too...

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
Arcsniper:
one old woman @72 told me that u guys won't know the value of Jonathan until he leaves.
Nigerians we hate truthfulness. May Almighty God give us the heart of being just.
God Bless You
Your signature really shows who you are. Case closed..

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by shopandmall(m): 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2015
scribble:
I dey fear Buhari

It's no wonder he treated Umaru Dikko so, the file on this man for human rights abuses and economic malfeasance is thick in washigton DC.

No wonder he canceled his trip.

I'm sure the Americans will not know why Nigerians are a seemingly suicidal people or perhaps their most learned psychologists have already classified this slave love for master type mentality.

How can I see educated people clamouring for a Buhari presidency because of a buzz word "change" coined by An American PR expert.
Nigerians like most black people including myself can be ignorant, sentimental and non analytical.

Nigerians justice must prevail. The NIGER DELTA must feel like they are a part of the Nigerian project by US rising up on Valentine or whenever not to scuttle the ambition of this man who is trying compared to some other losers us or our ancestors have witnessed before.

Pls be wise, be reasonable.

he has lots of respect internationally. Most people do not know this; only two African "leaders" were officially invited to President Obama's inauguration, Strive Masiwa, the owner of econet and GMB!
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
babyosisi:

Buhari is also the man that started the unprecedented corruption of the police force with illegal detentions and harassment of citizens
Under Buhari the police could pretty much arrest and detain anyone they felt like
He gave them those powers
From that moment on the NPF has never been the same

thank you..

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
Many of the NL members commenting on here were not even born when buhari was head of state. The ruling party knows this and feel that they can ride on their ignorance. Many of them do not have a culture of reading or research neither do they embark on fact finding missions in history. All they depend on is baseless hearsay yet they stand and beat their chest like territorial gorillas and claim to be leaders of tomorrow when they do not even have a today.

Any intelligent youth should know that without today you have no tomorrow besides your control or expectation tomorrow depends on how you manage or handle your today. The focus should be on today and not tomorrow. Get one step right and the rest will follow. Its like construction, your today is the foundation of the building ..... when done right you are sure that whatever you put on that foundation tomorrow will stand. I adjure the youth to please sit down and think about their today and stop with all this nonsense. Imagine some so called future leaders not having any desire to secure their today because they are just too lazy to catch up on the realities on ground. All focus for them is on entertainment and music and such but if i paste a lengthy educative expose that should realign their thought train for good they end up saying its too long a read. How then can they be informed? Imagine someone using what fela sang about as the basis of his own information. smh. My call is to the young and the young at heart....CHANGE!.... and this time...get it right. Stop being a second class citizen in your own country... you deserve better..... your kids deserve better.... God gave you a brain and a mind to assess and make good choices with and he gave you hands to enable you to hold on to your decision and enforce it. Put that powerful mind of yours to work.

Many of you here on NL are without jobs....some for over 5 yrs are still searching for jobs....those who have are not sure they would be retained because of the current economic goings on as many companies are laying off now in order to cushion the effect of the economic pressure.... Frustration and penury everywhere and you still refuse to do something about it? Your vote for CHANGE may be seen as a drop of water in the ocean but its a good drop of water nevertheless and the more the drops the bigger the mass of water. Play your part and so would i and together we can snatch back our joy, the future of our kids and the stability and growth of our businesses and jobs.

I thank God I am not a leader of tomorrow but a controller of today and because of that....my tomorrow and the tomorrow of my kids is sure..

#IHAVEDECIDED

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
pawesome:
This is like d case f d 90's wen Arsenal and Man Utd wia rullin England... nw wia dem de?...we in a more civilized world nw so wetin mk GMB tink say dsame strides dt he hs achieved in dos days wil b achievable nw?....we in d 20th century dude n nt dt ancient old days

bro your Chelsea is still chasing premier league trophy since 2010.....man utd and man city 're the last two winners.....since then....so they 're lordin it over Chelsea and arsenal...
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by silvernus0: 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
FATM:
The old man may not be a perfect man but i tell you we need such a man now in Nigeria . I say to to myself , the 6years wasted with Jonathan its enough, let me experiment with the next 4 years with another but not giving Jonathan 10 good years to be wasted. What he did not achieve in the past 6yrs he can't achieve in the next 4yrs- my opinion.

My Bother truthfully put politic aside Jonathan achieved a lot ,at least if not for the fall of oil price the ,our economy was growing and that is a good trend.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2015
tonychristopher:
I just cant Iaugh alone! A plane was about to crash and there were only four parachutes in the plane. Meanwhile there were five people in it.The first person was Cristiano Ronaldo and he
said: I'm the best footballer, I cant die now". So he took one parachute and left. The second who was Aliko Dangote said "I'm the richest man in Africa and I'm too young to die". So he took the second parachute and left. The third was Muhammadu Burahi and he said: " I'm the smartest head of state that never went to school in the world so I can't die now, my people still
need me". So he took one and left.
Then it was left with President Jonathan , and a little school girl. Then Jonathan said to the little girl " take the last one, I'll sacrifice my life for you". The little girl replied no need for that "there are two parachutes left. With shock and surprised Jonathan asked her: "how come?" The little girl replied: " Buhari took my school bag" thinking it was a parachute.
Like · · Share
He served in the military most of his life and certainly knows what a parachute looks and feels like. If you had sad Jonathan took the school bag, It would have made sence.... Let that little girl check again. Either Someone else took her school bag or her school bag is still there with just one Parachute left.....

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Wow, friends I came across this write up online. Its a most read to all Nigerian.

Thursday, 5 February 2015

A common sensical perspective to the state of Nigeria by thoughtful Nigerians.

Yes, Nigeria deserves a change, but in an attempt to solve the problem of Nigeria we shouldnt create further problems. Nigerians please read and think along and think again. Nigerians want and deserve a change. What kind of change? A change for a better Nigeria or a change for a worse Nigeria. Both are actually change.

Yes, Goodluck Jonathan have not performed up to expectation, but if we want a change it must be a BETTER ALTERNATIVE. Someone who has the agenda of Nigerian people at heart who can care and father this nation with love and justice and not an imposter and a religious extremist. Before now the major problem of Nigeria is corruption. Right now it is Boko haram, a group of Islamic extremist with an agenda to Islamize the whole of Nigeria and wants to rule the nation at all cost. Who kills both Christians and fellow Muslims not in support of their agenda.

You all know the story. By the time they eventually enter southern Nigeria the whole country will be at unfathomable unrest and become like Egypt, Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen etc. This Islamic group has political agenda (to rule Nigeria at all levels), economic agenda (to control the wealth of the nation) and religious agenda (to Islamize the Nigeria and enforce Sharia in all states).

The better alternative for the change Nigeria needs must be able solve this major problem from some big time enemy of the state and the Nigerian people called Boko Haram. It will make common sense to accept the alternative of Buhari for a change if he can do the following:

POINT 1:
Publicly state his strategic and workable plan to stop and disengage Boko Haram from their attempt to Islamise Nigeria (their attempt by forcing every Nigeria to become a Muslim and institute Sharia in all states). Gen Buhari should swear by Allah and prophet Mohammed, and make public declarations of his strategic plans to take out Boko Haram like other presidents did against Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabab, ISIS, and other Islamic Caliphates.

Comment:
But can he actually do this because during his military regime. He signed Nigeria as a member of OIC (Organisation of Islamic Countries - an organisation with agenda to islamise the world. The brain behind ISIS causing serious unrest and insecurity in the Middle East). Gen Babangida took it further to pay $20 billion (equivalent N3.7 trillion) to OIC to support Islamisation of Nigeria and Africa as a furtherance of the membership signed by Gen Buhari.

See link below:

POINT 2:
We should vote for Gen Buhari. If he can also state his plan to curtail corruption in Nigeria.

Comment:
But how can he actually stop corruption when his party alliance, Sen Ahmed Bola Tinubu is one of most corrupt person in Nigeria. See the atrocities he did to Lagos state will they not also do the same to Nigeria and to our public funds, private and public properties.

See link below:

POINT 3:
Nigeria used to be among the countries that practice Common Law. From year 2000, Nigeria was moved from Common Law to Common Law & Sharia with the likes of Banglasdesh, Iran, Pakistan etc. What is Gen Buhari's plan to restore Nigeria back to a Common Law nation, and not a Common Law & Sharia Law nation?

Comment:
Why is Nigeria internationally perceived as an Islamic nation? The Nigeria constitution has dual ideology with so much Islamic footprint severally in the Nigeria constitution. Is Nigeria an Islamic nation or a secular nation?

In the Nigeria constitution:
Islam was mentioned 28 times.
Sharia was mentioned 73 times
Gran Kadid was mentioned 54 times
Muslim was mentioned 10 times
Christianity - no appearance
Christains - no appearance
Church - no appearance

What is Gen Buhari's plan to remove this dual ideology in Nigeria constitution and also restore Nigeria back to a full secular law practicing nation and also remove Islamic religious imprints in Nigeria constitution?

POINT 4:
What is Gen Buhari's plan to stop the economic agenda of Fulani cattle breeders in Nigeria. The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has been causing massive unrest in middle belt states of Nigeria (Benue, Nassarawa, Plateau, Taraba, Kogi, Niger and Kwara) attacking villages and communities, killing people, raping women and taking over the farmlands to graze their cattles which they have determined to replicate in the southern states of the nation where there are grasses because of desertification encroaching the northern Nigeria.

Comment:
Can Gen Buhari actually stop this? Because he is a life patron of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders of Nigeria (MACBAN). Of course, he has to as an original Fulani man. (No cattle, not a Fulani).
There is a bid in the national assembly pushed for MACBAN to have grazen reserves in all the 36 states of the nation in which this group will choose their choice places in every state to graze their cattles, and not apportioned by the state government. The bid also includes a grazen route linking all grazen reserves they will have in the 36 states. This is obviously an economic agenda to create an economic hub around the nation for Islamic dominion over Nigeria. Can Gen Buhari stop this?

See links below:

POINT 5:
What is Gen Buhari's plan to restore the 12 Northern states in Nigeria that is governed by Sharia to secular states. All Nigeria states have people of different religions. Why should people be forced to practice a religion. No true secular and democratic nation does this?

Comment:
Do we want Sharia in our states. See what Sharia law and Islamic militants like Boko Haram are doing around the world.

***. ISIS killed 13 teenagers for watching football in Iraq on January 2015 (not January 1915).

*** The barbaric public flogging of an activist in Saudi Arabia.

And of course, the unpalatable stories of punishment in Sharia states in Nigeria. You also know the atrocities of Boko Haram in Northern States and Middles states in Nigeria and other attempts in Southern states. The Chibok girls, the bombings, killings etc. I believe you heard the story of ISIS driving Christians out of Iraq.

I am thinking does it make sense for us to vote for Buhari come February 14th 2015. Can he solve the political, economic and religious problem of Nigeria?

Besides, why would 1 out of the 3 major tribes in Nigeria always want to rule others and claim they are BORN TO RULE? Are others their slaves? Is Nigeria presidential seat a family inheritance for them? Why would 3 out of over 465 ethnics groups in Nigeria always want to rule others?

Why does this group of people not only wants to rule but also want enforce their religious belief on others, in this 21st century of democratic governance with freedom of expression, religion and social beliefs?

Why shouldn’t Nigerians not fight for their right? And say NO to insubordination, injustice, corruption, insecurity and support Jonathan to fight these vices that is eating up our nation.

RELEVANT LINKS:

http://www.ndokwareporters.com/campaign-vote-buhari-think/

http://nigeriapolitico.net/news1/2021-meet-nigerias-most-corrupt-person-alhaji-bola-ahmed-tinubu.html

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2014/09/fulanitiv-attack-claims-12-in-benue.html

http://josplateauaffairs..com/2013/02/dissecting-national-grazing-reserve-bill.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2917071/ISIS-execute-13-football-fans-firing-squad-watching-Iraq-play-Jordan-TV-Islamist-controlled-Mosul.html
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/11/flogging-global-outrage-saudi-arabia-silent
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/12/middleeast/saudi-arabia-activist-flogging/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by kingslly(m): 12:27am On Feb 06, 2015
I wonder how you GMB ewarriors think,have you tried to do some research on OBJ's military regime,have you tried to compare OBJ's military regime and GMB's? Buhari did what he did because he's an authoritarian and not because he's a military man.
adewumi91:

What is a military regime supposed to be, a democracy? think. Was Obasanjo not a former military leader? Was his regime a democracy?
When he came back to power in 1999, did he dare to rule Nigeria the same way he did from 1977 to 1979? Let's reason and stop this backlash against the military records of General Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by francizy(m): 12:33am On Feb 06, 2015
Too many liars on this thread.

Some were this and that during Buhar's regime while others spoke with Tai Solarin. #sMh

Please, who is deceiving who?

#Spits
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by danies1941(m): 3:18am On Feb 06, 2015
ogb5:

You want me to study history to know what I saw with my own eyes? experience is the best teacher they say, I have experienced Buhari's rule previously, maybe it is time for you to experience it. However wise people learn from the experience of others, fools always want to learn from their own experience.

Did you see it stated anywhere in what I wrote that Nigeria experienced famine, Nigerians starved under Buhari, not because of famine but because of Buhari's stupid economic policies.

Your brother paid 50 naira as school fees, maybe you should ask him what he remembered about Buhari's regime, he should be able to guide you as an older brother. I paid 30 naira as school fees under Buhari, during shagari's regime we were not paying school fees. Introdution of 30 naira school fees by Buhari made some families to withdraw their children from school. The best female student in my class was withdrawn because of the 30 naira school fees Buhari introduced.

man, I do not need to study history to know that Buhari was a devil. If in doubt pick up fela's beast of no nation and learn from the song. Peace

Sir, not about asking anybody-I was alive and well too by God's Grace.

I was not talking about public school-I said Private Secondary school HOSTEL-who pays school fees in public school in Nigeria and private school HAS NEVER BEEN FREE anywhere in the world.

The point I was making is when you said people were starving and there was famine. You mentioned famine and compared Nigeria to 1984 Ethiopia -the worst case of famine in the whole world in the last 100 years. That is IMPOSSIBLE. Not in Nigeria-whether under Shagari or Buhari or Jonathan -there is not and has never been Famine in Nigeria and never will be by God's Grace.

Who was starving under Buhari in Nigeria? Who sir? That is just not true. Who can you starve in Nigeria when if you throw corn on the ground along the Lagos -Benin Expressway-without even attending to it-corn will grow-talkless of my village where there is pawpaw, banana, growing freely. Even goats eat vegetable freely on the road side.

An economy where the Naira was 80 kobo to 1 dollar was and is good to me.

I am not one of those who will say that President Jonathan has done nothing-no way. He has made achievements and its left to voters to decide;but the period December 31st 1983 to August 27th 1985 was a glorious period in Nigeria's history-when one was proud to be a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by CGKing(m): 3:28am On Feb 06, 2015
Well, it says it all. Buhari is clueless and he has come again with the same old idiotic ideas of no idea.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Gboliwe: 5:17am On Feb 06, 2015
Buhari nwa Mohammed! You see your life?

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 06, 2015
CaptainJason:

Oga attack the message and not the messenger.... All I can deduce from your write up is that Goodluck is grossly incompetent.
Sai Baba
Sai Buhari
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Acidosis(m): 6:41am On Feb 06, 2015
I would rather die than give my vote to a tyrant (Buhari)

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 06, 2015
Acidosis:
I would rather die than give my vote to a tyrant (Buhari)

Cc: Oyedepo

Oya open the gate for one of ur agents
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by PassingShot(m): 7:13am On Feb 06, 2015
naijadeyhia:

[b]Babyosisi you are my sister by geographical location but even you are not cutting it for me. In the USA where you are can a tenth of what is happening here in your homeland be tolerated? Someone would have been forced out or would have resigned. You sit behind your computer and talk ill of a man who in less than 2yrs of his stint as head of state brought back sanity to a land that was on its way to crazydom. Much of what you are complaining about here is the norm where you are in the states. Are your phone calls not being monitored in the US? Do you have absolute freedom of everything? The truth is that where there is no law there is no offense but in Nigeria even with laws offenses abound without consequences and you say kudos to Jonathan?

I was 15 yrs old at the time Buhari took over power on 31st december 1983 and i must say it was a grand new year gift and i loved it because immediate drastic measures where put in place to ensure Nigeria quickly got back to her feet. In those days my father made sure we always watched anything related to current affairs on NTA channel 10 and i always kept up with happenings. Only the fearful and corrupt would dread the return of Buhari but those who with open minds experienced it before would welcome him with open arms.

Many who never experienced his regime can only speculate. Nigeria was in chaos until Buhari came and now we are back in Chaos. Mass looting, Mass killings, massive corruption in broad daylight with impunity and even the C in C does nothing about it because obviously he encourages it since he also has his own skeletons of corruption in his closet. Imagine apportioning $2b to the office of the first lady which does not even exist and is not recognized by our constitution and you feel all is well?

Believe me when i say that Jonathan is hustling hard to return so that he can either clean up records of corruption that would indite him or he wishes to cover them up for as long as possible while he continues doing what he knows best per looting the nations treasury. I for one detest wrongdoing and its likes and will personally stand in the forefront and take a bullet in protest of such an act especially when multitudes are suffering because of 1 persons inadequacies.

You have always come across to me as being intelligent babyosisi...prove me right.[/b]

I just like your submission.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Kasieze(m): 7:22am On Feb 06, 2015
Story for the gods.

Old thing na old thing

lets focus on new thing

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by PassingShot(m): 7:24am On Feb 06, 2015
Wealthyone:

Where is your own CERTIFICATE? undecided

And these are the people saying GMB is an illiterate.

GEJ with a PhD said "how much did Nwobodo stole?".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Don't Want To See Nnamdi Kanu In These Clothes Again - Judge Tells DSS / Femi Fani-Kayode Is Dating Ezenwa Chika Nerita (Photos) / Senate President Akpabio Wears Tinubu Logo Cap To Plenary, Sparks Reaction (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.