Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,857 members, 7,813,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

General Buhari's Military Government - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari's Military Government (87253 Views)

Buhari’s Military Action In Gambia Without Approval – Senator Chukwuka Utazi / PDP Salutes Buhari, Military For Capturing Sambisa Forest / Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by urchbarbie(f): 7:41am On Feb 06, 2015
I don't knw if its just me? I'm in love with this author. kiss
CaptainJason:

You tried by listed those points but it would have been better if you considered many other factors before heaping the blame on just one man out of 170 million people.

1. You forgot to mention the Borno elders that requested for less military presence and promised an end to boko haram if the military presence is reduced, you also forgot to add that Gen Ihejerika was attacked every time he was dealing with the boko haram boys, you failed to include that previous governments failed to stop Boko haram and that Emirs and notable northern politicians have been begging and standing as surety for those militants. Did you also forget that KAbiru Sokoto was arrested in Borno State Governors Abuja lodge? Why point all fingers at the man you expect to single-handedly stop numerous problems caused by several people and interest groups?

2. Dollar to Naira is now 210, Did you ask yourself what you and your people have been contributing to help Nigeria earn foreign currency? Are you aware that most countries with strong currencies are earning foreign currency, Do you as an individual export any good or service? The citizens of the countries you would want to compare the naira with are actively involved in earning foreign currency for their country

3. Most doctors and medical personnel in Govt owned institutions have their own private clinics where they refer people to, they cash out during the strike as more people troop to their clinics. Do you have any positive contribution on how to stop this trend?

4,5,6. These institutions clamored for autonomy yet they do not want to be independent, the workers have displayed their selfish nature, they try all sorts and hold govt to ransom. How come the private schools are doing very fine, many lectures hold positions in both public and private schools yet they do not sell their handout and ask for tutorial funds,sex and bribe for grades in the private schools except for maybe the yahoo colleges.

7 Oil theft is not new, Previous governments failed to stop it and it will continue to rise unless the world comes to our aid. The stolen oil makes its way to the market and as long as there are willing buyers and those ships can travel thousands of miles then there is no hope, its an organised crime.

8. Very sad, but how come Buhari and company have not been attending meetings to discuss the security situation? How come they cannot proffer solutions (since they claim they have it) to avoid loss of lives of people dying daily? How come they cannot use their supposed cult following to negotiate peace?

9. The international reputation has always been low and it is even getting better now, more people get visas now unlike the past when even western countries ban certain age groups

10. Corruption, we are all guilty, you support Buhari who is funded by ATiku, Amaechi and Tinubu

You claim Buhari is not perfect, No one is perfect, he was head of state, there were heads of state before and after him and they did not rule their people like they were ruling animals, Examples are Ironsi, Gowon, IBB, Murtala. Your Buhari that is not corrupt was Minister of petrol the first time that 2.8 billion dollars got missing from NNPC, I believe that is the starting point for corruption in Nigeria.

This is a democratic dispensation, Buhari claims to have his O'levels certificate, Nigerians have requested for it but he has been showing his dictatorial tendencies again. Is this what you really want? IF you want to be led by a dictator and have no regard for the rule of law, I cannot be in the same boat with you, This is Nigeria, you can move to North Korea ere such type of leadership is practiced.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Champele(m): 7:49am On Feb 06, 2015
lucrownt:
I shall not lie, one old man told me the story of Buhari/Idiagbon regime I felt like crying for this present state of Nigeria. He said that there were high level of corruption, inflation etc before Buhari's Coup. But some months after the take over, everything became normal. Though, it was unfavorable to some elites because it blocked their gates of unclean wealth. I must confess to you that we Nigerians we hate truthfulness. May Almighty God give us the heart of being just. Click Like if you believe that Truth will surely prevail over calumny.
God Bless You
God Bless Nigeria.
If you want a 'like' no need asking people to click it,just say something in favour of buhari or apc,their e-rats will come flooding your comments with likes. But for me,GEJ,until apc learn what is democracy.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by rexzqcom(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2015
I don't need to read white_washed packaging of Buhari. I witnessed the beginning and fall of his junta intrusion into Nigeria political space, merely to save his thieving a.ss from going to jail. After being found liable by Justice Ayo Irikefe and senator Saraki tribunals for missing $2.8 billion us dollars in 1978. As a thief he is, he struck in the wee hours of the night of new year eve. And stole the highest office in the land with guns. Buhari is an arm_robber.

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by fyneboi79(m): 8:06am On Feb 06, 2015
Seun:
When I created this thread, I locked it because I didn't want the facts to be distorted by people paid to distort our opinions, whether they be TANoids/GEJites or APC Internet Warriors. However, I believe we've had enough time to digest the information. I'll unlock the thread shortly.
Most of u making comments here were not born when Buhari started his transformation in the 80's,and will most times quote the distorted stories.
I was in existence when Buhari came to power and I can tell you that public sanity which I exhibit till date was learned from W.A.I.(War Against Indicipline)Up till date I find it hard to throw trash out the car or on the road,I find it hard to talk loudly in a public bus or even to engage in malpractice of any kind because of the short time Buhari led this great Nation.
Suffice to say,only corrupt people should be afraid of a Buhari led government because he will put the necessary amenities in place,but the greedy will try to steal more.
I will never fear a Buhari led government because I am an upright man,though I may give up smoking weed,I think its worth the sacrifice for a better tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by buty: 8:13am On Feb 06, 2015
tbaba1234:
Reading Buhari's biography makes me come to a number of conclusions.

1. Buhari genuinely had the interest of the country at heart but his methods were crude. That passion for Nigeria surrounded with brains like fashola and Osinbajo makes a good combination.

2. He had a zero tolerance for corruption but was not as flexible as he could have been. Not surprising since he was a military head of state.

Nigeria needs a corruption fighter and Buhari fits the bill. Fortunately, he.has to do it under a democracy now.

GEJ has no plans for corruption.

3. Buhari will put the fear of God on corrupt officials. Sometimes, that reputation matters.

4. Buhari is imperfect but offers more than Jonathan.

If its only corruption he can fight let him go and head EFCC

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by johnglo2(m): 8:17am On Feb 06, 2015
U re entitle 2 ur opinion. But least u 4get easily,the economic measures of GMB were interupted by his successor. These measures were best for the challenges on ground then.Nigerians we need to try some other persons as it is now if we love our unborn generation.GMB might not be the best but our only option.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by tonychristopher: 8:38am On Feb 06, 2015
FLYGERIAN91:
He served in the military most of his life and certainly knows what a parachute looks and feels like. If you had sad Jonathan took the school bag, It would have made sence.... Let that little girl check again. Either Someone else took her school bag or her school bag is still there with just one Parachute left.....

He might not be a parachuter and the design of parachutes has changed dramatically and its now smaller so he might think its a school bag

And its a joke

Lol
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by agabaI23(m): 9:13am On Feb 06, 2015
Pedagogue:
Seun,

Thanks for beaming the searchlight on Buhari. You are a great 'JOURNALIST'.

But Seun, we will really appreciate if you can also use your 'journalistic talents' to beam a searchlight on the present government.

Or you don't consider it necessary for Nigerians to REMEMBER that:

1. The Chibok girls are still missing
2. That a dollar to naira is now 210.
3. That our hospitals are under locks and keys.
4. That universities were closed down for 6 months
5. Polytechnics were shut down for 11 months
6. Colleges of education were shut down for several months.
7. Oil theft is at an all time high.
8. Boko haram? They kill people everyday...Just check youtube if you have the heart!
9. Our international reputation? Gone to the dogs...
10. Corruption? Don't even go there! Billions now have wings...After all, Stealing is not corruption!!!

Seun, my point is: we know that Buhari is not perfect. He ruled with force as Head of State. He was ruthess...Yes, we know that!
But how do you expect a man who ruled as HEAD OF STATE to have ruled? It's a no-brainer!

Happily, there's something fantastic about the epistles from the US Library, and that is: BUHARI IS NOT CORRUPT!!! And believe me, he is all we need right now...

Sai Buhari!!!

Cheers

Buhari had no track record of Performance, his honesty was built in the Media

1. The exchange rate was 76k to $1 when he took over, and was 89k to $1 when he left( 17% depreciation under 20 months)

2. The hospital were described as death boxes during his regime such that even if it was open, people will be dying there. The doctors were
arrested and thrown to prison when they protested

3. The universities and Polytechnics were not only locked for along time, ASUU was proscribed. he stopped university feeding and he is now
promising primary school feeding. NANS was proscribed and its leaders jailed.

4. International reputation was worse then

5. Billion took flight in your APC minds. The of $ 20 B talking point has been cut off. Goes to show that the other accusations and monies
brandied as missing are all figment of your imaginations. Goodluck has plugged holes. IPPIS has blocked ghostworkers
6. Many People's businesses closed down.

7. He forced people to sell at ridiculous low price far below the cost price in the name of price control

8. He broke into shops of people and old off their goods at ridiculously low prices

9. His voodoo economics blocked raw materials importations, industries died, jobs were lost, poverty was rife

10. He was the first president to export crude to be refined outside for subsequent importation into the country

11. he has nothing to show for his 20 months in governance

12. He sacked 30, 000 soldiers to cut cost

13. he sacked government workers to cut cost

14. He was clueless

15. N25B was stolen under him as PTF chairman. Obasanjo confirmed it

16. He used his relatives company to execute PTF projects aand acceded all powers to the company sidelining the PTF board

17. $2.8 B was stolen from NNPC under him when the naira was less than 55k to $1

Remember, 20 months as a military dictator, is longer than 48 months in civilian dictatorship
- no house to approve project
- no senate to approve appointments
- no legislature to debate bills
- no unfriendly house to sit PIB
- his words were laws as soon as they exited his lips
- naira was far superior to the dollar even if it was not supposed to be
Say no to backwardness

GEJ till 2019
GEJ till Buhari shows his certificate
GEJ till Buhari can solve questions in Algebra

beopened, africanqueen111 Louislewis, Juliaann, agabai23, sleekp1, ceo4eva, gunuvi, Mogidi, VICTORCIZA, Truckpusher, aljharem, ola6, customized13
Biafranqueen, tomakint,iamodenigbo1, gramci, stebell, meforyou1, datolee, ichidodo, iconize, aljharem, Truckpusher, Phockphockman, Juliaan, brokenTV, aryzgreat, shizzle11, chukwudi44, longeria, Idumuose, Papabrowne, taharqa, LeOstrich, mogidi, Descartes, collynzo9, pointB, Sincere9gerian, arysexy asadike,ogologodimkpa,nwafuluozoh,customized13,sincerenigerian
BlackTechnology, anonimi, PhockPhockMan, KwoiZabo, nigerianvenom, ichidodo, biafranqueen, iamodenigbo, firefire, Descartes, Mogidi,
Tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, priscaoge, tonte, Sunnybobo3, truckpusher, theassassin, jujuboy, jesusiscoming, Brownlord, Mogidi, anonimi, noblezone, tit, ishiamu, firefire, blacktechnology, datolee, Billyonaire, taharqa, ujoinme, uchidodo, publisher, gramci, Longeria, jmaine

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by zingywingy: 9:22am On Feb 06, 2015
babyosisi:

Obasanjo did not have a reputation as a tyrant during his military rule unlike Buhari
Big difference

But Buhari was a war against indiscipline and corruption. Successful countries today had a stiffer rules on public funds.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2015
naijadeyhia:
Many of the NL members commenting on here were not even born when buhari was head of state. The ruling party knows this and feel that they can ride on their ignorance. Many of them do not have a culture of reading or research neither do they embark on fact finding missions in history. All they depend on is baseless hearsay yet they stand and beat their chest like territorial gorillas and claim to be leaders of tomorrow when they do not even have a today.

Any intelligent youth should know that without today you have no tomorrow besides your control or expectation tomorrow depends on how you manage or handle your today. The focus should be on today and not tomorrow. Get one step right and the rest will follow. Its like construction, your today is the foundation of the building ..... when done right you are sure that whatever you put on that foundation tomorrow will stand. I adjure the youth to please sit down and think about their today and stop with all this nonsense. Imagine some so called future leaders not having any desire to secure their today because they are just too lazy to catch up on the realities on ground. All focus for them is on entertainment and music and such but if i paste a lengthy educative expose that should realign their thought train for good they end up saying its too long a read. How then can they be informed? Imagine someone using what fela sang about as the basis of his own information. smh. My call is to the young and the young at heart....CHANGE!.... and this time...get it right. Stop being a second class citizen in your own country... you deserve better..... your kids deserve better.... God gave you a brain and a mind to assess and make good choices with and he gave you hands to enable you to hold on to your decision and enforce it. Put that powerful mind of yours to work.

Many of you here on NL are without jobs....some for over 5 yrs are still searching for jobs....those who have are not sure they would be retained because of the current economic goings on as many companies are laying off now in order to cushion the effect of the economic pressure.... Frustration and penury everywhere and you still refuse to do something about it? Your vote for CHANGE may be seen as a drop of water in the ocean but its a good drop of water nevertheless and the more the drops the bigger the mass of water. Play your part and so would i and together we can snatch back our joy, the future of our kids and the stability and growth of our businesses and jobs.

I thank God I am not a leader of tomorrow but a controller of today and because of that....my tomorrow and the tomorrow of my kids is sure..

#IHAVEDECIDED
Goodwork here sir, I have read through all your poster it highly imprssive, you have prove with a lot of instances that buhari is good man that can transform the country to a better place, I don't know his history but you poiinted out some fact about him, I fear is in likes of ameachi atiku and tinubu now OBJ want to join carbal

Don't think this man can win my heart

Untill.....
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by mickeymimi: 9:54am On Feb 06, 2015
Have you heard that, GEJ is already packing his belongings from Aso Rock?

Professor Wole Soyinka

"I will not vote and I will not encourage anyone to vote for the continuation of this government, simply because your colleagues numbering over 200 were kidnapped,” he said.

The playwright, who last December described the Jonathan administration as being worse than Babylonian king, Nebuchadnezzar, stated the President’s inability to locate and free the abducted girls represented leadership failure.

He noted that shortly after the girls were kidnapped, Jonathan failed to address the situation and went about as if nothing had happened.

Soyinka said it was, therefore, outrageous for anyone to say he was supporting the re-election of Jonathan.

He added,“It took the Jonathan government 10 days to even accept that the Chibok girls were missing. After that dereliction of duty; after that failure of leadership, after that betrayal of our future, for anyone to think or to put words in my mouth suggesting that I will vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime is a travesty of intelligence.”

Speaking on the theme, “The Road to Sambisa”, the literary icon stressed Jonathan had not only betrayed children, he had failed as a leader.

“There has been a failure of leadership. Our children whom you represent today have been betrayed,” he said.
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-doesnt-deserve-re-election-soyinka/

A word to the wise is sufficient.

Please vote wisely, vote for the future of your children , vote wisely
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by bot101(m): 10:39am On Feb 06, 2015
mustymatic:
If you like, tell me that Buhari went only to
almajiri
school,
I will still vote for Buhari.
Tell me that Buhari never attended any school
before
Tell me Buhari was actually raised in the Bush by
wild
animals only
Tell me Buhari is actually an Alien from mars
I will vote for Buhari.
Tell me that Buhari is actually 100 years old
Tell me that Buhari has a AIDS, EBOLA, MARBUG,
HEPATISTIS,
CANCER OF ALL HIS ORGANS, KURU, AND MAD
COW
DISEASE
I Will still vote for Buhari.
Tell me Buhari jailed every single Nigerian that
was alive
during his tenure,
Tell me that during Buhari's tenure people had to
apply to
government and get approval before they urinate,
defecate, eat or drink,
Tell me that Nigeria would be better than
paradise in
4years if i vote Goodluck,
Last one?
If you like kill or kidnap Buhari
I will still Vote for his Picture...
Save your words, save your energy, save your
keyboards,
save your time, and leave me alone,

you can as well pick up a long sharp knife and slit you throat if this is how you reason. people like you who can't think or take charge of their own life. . .

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2015
tonychristopher:

He might not be a parachuter and the design of parachutes has changed dramatically and its now smaller so he might think its a school bag

And its a joke

Lol
she's a little girl so I picture a pink school bag.... Even in the joke Buhari cannot be clueless but GEJ? Even in my dream he is.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by ogb5(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2015
danies1941:

Sir, not about asking anybody-I was alive and well too by God's Grace.

I was not talking about public school-I said Private Secondary school HOSTEL-who pays school fees in public school in Nigeria and private school HAS NEVER BEEN FREE anywhere in the world.

The point I was making is when you said people were starving and there was famine. You mentioned famine and compared Nigeria to 1984 Ethiopia -the worst case of famine in the whole world in the last 100 years. That is IMPOSSIBLE. Not in Nigeria-whether under Shagari or Buhari or Jonathan -there is not and has never been Famine in Nigeria and never will be by God's Grace.

Who was starving under Buhari in Nigeria? Who sir? That is just not true. Who can you starve in Nigeria when if you throw corn on the ground along the Lagos -Benin Expressway-without even attending to it-corn will grow-talkless of my village where there is pawpaw, banana, growing freely. Even goats eat vegetable freely on the road side.

An economy where the Naira was 80 kobo to 1 dollar was and is good to me.

I am not one of those who will say that President Jonathan has done nothing-no way. He has made achievements and its left to voters to decide;but the period December 31st 1983 to August 27th 1985 was a glorious period in Nigeria's history-when one was proud to be a Nigerian.

You need to read what Seun posted again, this time read it slowly and fully. It contains external perspective of the disastrous Buhari regime.

You may be alive during Buhari's regime but it is very clear from what you have written that you were too young at the time to even know what was happening.

Asking why Nigerians should starve in the midst of good climatic conditions puts you as someone who is and has been isolated from the reality of what Nigerians have endured during the onslaught of Buhari. Why do you think Nigerians queued for days to be able to get bread, sugar, rice, vegetable oil, salt and soap. Do people queue for days to buy basic necessities if there is no scarcity of such goods? Or are you going to claim that Nigerians were not queuing for days to buy those things as if we were in a war ravaged country?

Buhari grossly lack the competence required to solve the economic problems of a third world country like Nigeria, his performance in the 80's and the fact that he has not even seen the need to improve himself in the last 30 yrs confirms that we should be looking for someone much better than Buhari

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
The article is so revealing.

I will reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by mustymatic(m): 1:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
bot101:

you can as well pick up a long sharp knife and slit you throat if this is how you reason. people like you who can't think or take charge of their own life. . .
u de craze
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
Champele:
If you want a 'like' no need asking people to click it,just say something in favour of buhari or apc,their e-rats will come flooding your comments with likes. But for me,GEJ,until apc learn what is democracy.
Your reply shows how Clueless you are.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by fathermikky: 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
A meeting of the Council of State where a major decision on the forthcoming general elections is expected to be taken is currently ongoing inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), is one of the nation’s former leaders attending the meeting which started at about 11:30am.

Others in attendance are former President Shehu Shagari, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (retd.), Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (retd.), Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar and Chief Ernest Shonekan.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is the only living Nigerian leader absent at the meeting presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, and all service chiefs are waiting to brief the meeting.

Also in attendance are Vice President Namadi Sambo; President of the Senate, David Mark; Speaker, House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal; Attorney-General of the Federation, Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN); Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Anyin Pius Anyim; National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki.

Governors in attendance include Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Aliyu Wamako (Sokoto), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Abdulfatahi Ahmed (Kwara), Tanko Almakura (Nasarawa), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara) and the deputy governors of Borno and Yobe States.

People’s Democratic Party governors at the meeting include those of Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Kaduna, Cross River, Niger, Kogi, Bayelsa, Adamawa, Ondo, Taraba, Delta, Enugu, Ekiti, Plateau, Jigawa, Katsina, Gombe and Bauchi States as well as the Minister of the FCT, Bala Mohammed.GEJ 2019
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
agabaI23:

Buhari had no track record of Performance, his honesty was built in the Media

1. The exchange rate was 76k to $1 when he took over, and was 89k to $1 when he left( 17% depreciation under 20 months)

2. The hospital were described as death boxes during his regime such that even if it was open, people will be dying there. The doctors were
arrested and thrown to prison when they protested

3. The universities and Polytechnics were not only locked for along time, ASUU was proscribed. he stopped university feeding and he is now
promising primary school feeding. NANS was proscribed and its leaders jailed.

4. International reputation was worse then

5. Billion took flight in your APC minds. The of $ 20 B talking point has been cut off. Goes to show that the other accusations and monies
brandied as missing are all figment of your imaginations. Goodluck has plugged holes. IPPIS has blocked ghostworkers
6. Many People's businesses closed down.

7. He forced people to sell at ridiculous low price far below the cost price in the name of price control

8. He broke into shops of people and old off their goods at ridiculously low prices

9. His voodoo economics blocked raw materials importations, industries died, jobs were lost, poverty was rife

10. He was the first president to export crude to be refined outside for subsequent importation into the country

11. he has nothing to show for his 20 months in governance

12. He sacked 30, 000 soldiers to cut cost

13. he sacked government workers to cut cost

14. He was clueless

15. N25B was stolen under him as PTF chairman. Obasanjo confirmed it

16. He used his relatives company to execute PTF projects aand acceded all powers to the company sidelining the PTF board

17. $2.8 B was stolen from NNPC under him when the naira was less than 55k to $1

Remember, 20 months as a military dictator, is longer than 48 months in civilian dictatorship
- no house to approve project
- no senate to approve appointments
- no legislature to debate bills
- no unfriendly house to sit PIB
- his words were laws as soon as they exited his lips
- naira was far superior to the dollar even if it was not supposed to be
Say no to backwardness

GEJ till 2019
GEJ till Buhari shows his certificate
GEJ till Buhari can solve questions in Algebra

beopened, africanqueen111 Louislewis, Juliaann, agabai23, sleekp1, ceo4eva, gunuvi, Mogidi, VICTORCIZA, Truckpusher, aljharem, ola6, customized13
Biafranqueen, tomakint,iamodenigbo1, gramci, stebell, meforyou1, datolee, ichidodo, iconize, aljharem, Truckpusher, Phockphockman, Juliaan, brokenTV, aryzgreat, shizzle11, chukwudi44, longeria, Idumuose, Papabrowne, taharqa, LeOstrich, mogidi, Descartes, collynzo9, pointB, Sincere9gerian, arysexy asadike,ogologodimkpa,nwafuluozoh,customized13,sincerenigerian
BlackTechnology, anonimi, PhockPhockMan, KwoiZabo, nigerianvenom, ichidodo, biafranqueen, iamodenigbo, firefire, Descartes, Mogidi,
Tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, priscaoge, tonte, Sunnybobo3, truckpusher, theassassin, jujuboy, jesusiscoming, Brownlord, Mogidi, anonimi, noblezone, tit, ishiamu, firefire, blacktechnology, datolee, Billyonaire, taharqa, ujoinme, uchidodo, publisher, gramci, Longeria, jmaine
truth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Holluwartosin: 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
Read and share to help others....... /1CAb7ov
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by richardnaija(m): 7:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI UNMASKED!!!

1. He was the only Head-of-State, apart from Major-General Aguiyi Ironsi, that never promoted himself to the position of General in Nigeria Army while he was in power.(That's integrity)

2. He has zero tolerance for corruption.

3. He launched the war against indiscipline and Environmental sanitation, a legacy that is still with us till this day.

4. He paid up all our debt during his regime.

5. During his regime inflation rate came down from 23% to 5%.

6. During his regime,Naira was so strong that N1 was equal to $2 and £1was equal to N2.
7.As the HOS he stood firm against world powers when they were trying to meddle in Nigerian affairs, because they pressurize him to borrow money from IMF/World bank in other to devalue the Naira and make it worthless.

8. Drug trafficking incidences was very low because he actually dealt with drug dealers and drug peddlers because he believes they are tarnishing Nigerias image abroad. many nations with similar conviction also copied his mode of punishment to drug peddlers and till today drug peddlers are executed in countries like Thailand,Vietnam,Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore to mention a few.

9. As a Petroleum Minister and General Manager of NNPC under Obasanjo between 1976-1979, he built the only 3 refineries we have in Nigeria today.He constructed 20 oil depot throughout Nigeria and laid 3200km of oil pipelines.

10. As the chairman of PTF under late General Sani Abacha. He managed the PTF with transperancy by publishing the annual report promptly.

11. He used the excess crude oil given to PTF to construct road all across Nigeria that it was even said that he constructed and rehabilitated more roads than the Federal Government itself.

12. The PTF under him also supplies textbooks, notebooks, Buses to tertiary institution, drugs was supplied to hospitals He also rehabilitated our mass transit system supplying public buses all over the country.

13. He controls his home as a good father and head of the home. His wife was never found causing trouble or dabbling into state matters.

14. He was the one that discovered late Prof. Dora Akunyili and he was the one that suggested her name to the authorities before she was given the DG of NAFDAC.

15. As Head-of-State, 66% of his governors and ministers then were christians, though he and his deputy, Tunde Idiagbon, are practising muslim.

16. He is the only Nigerian leader, serving or former, that doesn't have any foreign account, or house or landed property in Lagos or Abuja and no asset abroad. He has just two houses- located in Kaduna (built by himself) and Daura (inherited from his father).

17. As PTF chairman, he refused to take salary or allowances because he was already on pension as a former Head of State.

18. He is the only former Head of State that collects only 10% of the acrue N23m paid monthly to former leaders. Little wonder he has to obtain bank loan to purchase the APC presidential nomination form (Hon. Dino Melaye confirmed from the ministry of finance that GMB collects just 10 percent of his monthly entitlement).

19. He has no oil rig, not even a petrol station as a former HOS and PTF chairman, petroleum minister/NNPC GMD.

20. He has never been convicted of any crime though many panels were setup to discredit him but none have a shred of proof to indict him

21. As the HOS, he flew to Maiduguri to command and motivate the GOC and the army in the battle to crush insurgents, and in 2 weeks, a terrorist sect from Chad by the name Maitasine was crushed. He didn't negotiate with terrorist or think it was a politically motivated invasion. He didnt handle them with kid gloves but was decisive with them.

22. During his regime there was no religious or tribal violence.

23.During his regime, he scrappled the idea of Christians workers and soldiers working on sundays .

24. Because of his abhorrence for corruption and uprightness, he is popular called 'mai gaskiya' (the man who says the truth ) by the Hausa masses.

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by robosky02(m): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
the fonny thing is that all that buhari is promising Jonathan has already DONE ........

electricity.......
rail........
school...........
agriculture...........

let the tranformation continue

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by BERNIMOORE: 11:47pm On Feb 06, 2015
fyneboi79:
Most of u making comments here were not born when Buhari started his transformation in the 80's,and will most times quote the distorted stories.
I was in existence when Buhari came to power and I can tell you that public sanity which I exhibit till date was learned from W.A.I.(War Against Indicipline)Up till date I find it hard to throw trash out the car or on the road,I find it hard to talk loudly in a public bus or even to engage in malpractice of any kind because of the short time Buhari led this great Nation.
Suffice to say,only corrupt people should be afraid of a Buhari led government because he will put the necessary amenities in place,but the greedy will try to steal more.
I will never fear a Buhari led government because I am an upright man,though I may give up smoking weed,I think its worth the sacrifice for a better tomorrow.
you mention one part and ignore the most important part, I was around when buhari was installed through a coup d'e tat, the freedom of human right that is essential to humanity was not there brother, in my presence the WAI officers will come to newspaper stand to whisk away citizens even old men with no job (now promising a million job) with their black maria always following them like towing van, and some are even arraigned without "fair hairing" pls stop painting this man buhari as a saint when he bullied everybody and succeeded in programming your brain with bully of not throwing refuse to the street and the phobia keep coming and repeating itself cmon.
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
thermalroll:
Change is life and life about changes
change is a process, not an event

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by BERNIMOORE: 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
electricity was epileptic throughout his almost two years, while Chadians and Niger filled kano with collecting of "bara" alms contributing nothing to our economy, buhari overlooked them but Chase away industrious Ghanaians, its a shame on people trying to sell buhari to hide this fact

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by coolscott(m): 12:16am On Feb 07, 2015
Pedagogue:
Seun,

Thanks for beaming the searchlight on Buhari. You are a great 'JOURNALIST'.

But Seun, we will really appreciate if you can also use your 'journalistic talents' to beam a searchlight on the present government.

Or you don't consider it necessary for Nigerians to REMEMBER that:

1. The Chibok girls are still missing
2. That a dollar to naira is now 210.
3. That our hospitals are under locks and keys.
4. That universities were closed down for 6 months
5. Polytechnics were shut down for 11 months
6. Colleges of education were shut down for several months.
7. Oil theft is at an all time high.
8. Boko haram? They kill people everyday...Just check youtube if you have the heart!
9. Our international reputation? Gone to the dogs...
10. Corruption? Don't even go there! Billions now have wings...After all, Stealing is not corruption!!!

Seun, my point is: we know that Buhari is not perfect. He ruled with force as Head of State. He was ruthess...Yes, we know that!
But how do you expect a man who ruled as HEAD OF STATE to have ruled? It's a no-brainer!

Happily, there's something fantastic about the epistles from the US Library, and that is: BUHARI IS NOT CORRUPT!!! And believe me, he is all we need right now...

Sai Buhari!!!

Cheers

No one can really say Buhari is an anti-corruption man at this point.
The singular act of not just embracing Amaechi, but frolicking with him, even making him of all things, his campaign chairman erodes whatever impression one should have had of him as an anti-corruption agent

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by whisper2esi(m): 1:27am On Feb 07, 2015
I wonder why Seun didn't comment after unlocking this thread, cos I believe he created this for a purpose and I think he should be able to answer those that didn't understand what he's trying to pass across.
If u no won comment why u come unlock am then?
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by asamaigho(m): 4:00am On Feb 07, 2015
How can I see educated people clamouring for a Buhari presidency because of a buzz word "change" coined by An American PR expert.
Nigerians like most black people including myself can be ignorant, sentimental and non analytical.

Nigerians justice must prevail. The NIGER DELTA must feel like they are a part of the Nigerian project by US rising up on Valentine or whenever not to scuttle the ambition of this man who is trying compared to some other losers us or our ancestors have witnessed before.

Pls be wise, be reasonable.

And this one thinks he is reasonable by supporting a shoeless and clueless son of d nigerdelta.
diz proJONATHANS neva ceases to amaze me with their sentimental arguments of "its d turn of d nigerdeltans", in otherwords we have no choice but accept Gejs ineptitude because he is from d nigerdelta!...grow up

Sai Sai gmb/pyo

[/quote]
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by asamaigho(m): 4:01am On Feb 07, 2015
scribble:
I dey fear Buhari

It's no wonder he treated Umaru Dikko so, the file on this man for human rights abuses and economic malfeasance is thick in washigton DC.

No wonder he canceled his trip.

I'm sure the Americans will not know why Nigerians are a seemingly suicidal people or perhaps their most learned psychologists have already classified this slave love for master type mentality.

How can I see educated people clamouring for a Buhari presidency because of a buzz word "change" coined by An American PR expert.
Nigerians like most black people including myself can be ignorant, sentimental and non analytical.

Nigerians justice must prevail. The NIGER DELTA must feel like they are a part of the Nigerian project by US rising up on Valentine or whenever not to scuttle the ambition of this man who is trying compared to some other losers us or our ancestors have witnessed before.

Pls be wise, be reasonable.

And this one thinks he is reasonable by supporting a shoeless and clueless son of d nigerdelta.
diz proJONATHANS neva ceases to amaze me with their sentimental arguments of "its d turn of d nigerdeltans", in otherwords we have no choice but accept Gejs ineptitude because he is from d nigerdelta!...grow up

Sai Sai gmb/pyo
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by fyneboi79(m): 5:16am On Feb 07, 2015
BERNIMOORE:
you mention one part and ignore the most important part, I was around when buhari was installed through a coup d'e tat, the freedom of human right that is essential to humanity was not there brother, in my presence the WAI officers will come to newspaper stand to whisk away citizens even old men with no job (now promising a million job) with their black maria always following them like towing van, and some are even arraigned without "fair hairing" pls stop painting this man buhari as a saint when he bullied everybody and succeeded in programming your brain with bully of not throwing refuse to the street and the phobia keep coming and repeating itself cmon.
Its not phobia,it is called "discipline".Now if you have been to Europe or America,then you will also know it is a crime to throw dirt on the road and there are consequences for it....a ticket! When your parents used to scold u to sweep ur room,wash ur bed spread and be a neat child,did u call that being bullied?It is also called discipline cos if not done they imposed sanctions like;no TV,no playing in d yard and so on.

Nigeria needs a strong hand
Nigeria needs Buhari
Sai Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Don't Want To See Nnamdi Kanu In These Clothes Again - Judge Tells DSS / Femi Fani-Kayode Is Dating Ezenwa Chika Nerita (Photos) / Senate President Akpabio Wears Tinubu Logo Cap To Plenary, Sparks Reaction (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.