Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone (15998 Views)

My Boyfriend Said Am Not A Wife Material, Plus Our Chat Pics / My Boyfriend Said He Needs A Break / My Boyfriend Said That I Seduced Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by Model(f): 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2006
I was sitting with my boyfriend when a girl called him on phone, and at the end of the call my boyfriend said "love you" and the girl said "love you too".  I was very jealous but could not show it.  He tells me he love me, though he cares for me.

What will I also do to protect him from other girls?  Because he's very handsome and they don't want to let go of him.  I'm his first love and he's my first love so I know for sure that he doesn't womanizes because we are in the same school.

So what I want is to get advise from u about this two questions:
(1) What would you have done if your boyfriend told a girl "I love you" on phone?
(2) What will I also do to protect him from other girls?

I asked him who the girl was,though i know the girl very well,she happen to be my friend but she comes from a wealthy family,when i asked him, he said the girl was the one throwing herself on him and that he told her that he already has someone who he loves.He said he just said love u on the phone so that she'll think he loves her and be happy,but i told him that it's not good to play with someone's emotion/feeling but he said she was stubborn and wouldnt let him be.She even want to vist him,but he refuse.I'm just confuse,that something might go wrong someday.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by christiano: 5:33pm On Jan 20, 2006
Although i don't have a girl friend, but if i evetually find one and a man called her and after the conservation she said i love you to the man i will not do anything to her since her mind and her soul is with me. She may have say that to confuse the man she talking to, may the man has been disturbing her and she did not want him because she loves me; she have to say that to confuse him and then she will show her true lover the true love. Every man have to right to see individuals (especially girls) " ndi igbo si na nwanyi obula mmara mma o buro otu anya huru ya" i am learning how to speek igbo"

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by adeore(f): 6:13pm On Jan 20, 2006
I can’t tolerate that.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by snazzydawn(f): 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2006
Girl, he doesn't love you. There is no way you can prevent your guy from straying.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by ocho(f): 2:52am On Jan 21, 2006
ok, before i say anything model, i have one question,you said a girl called him but didn't exactly say who this girl is to him. Was it his sister, aunt, cousin or something? I don't want to jump into conclusions here without knowing the anwer to my question.

By the way, why didn't u ask him who the girl was? That would have helped confirm or nullify your suspicions don't you think?
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by IB7(f): 4:02am On Jan 22, 2006
He is so cheating on you......

I.B.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by AguNwoke(m): 4:21am On Jan 22, 2006
Are you sure he wasn't just innocently chatting to his mum? grin grin
stop being paranoid!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by Ynot(m): 4:31am On Jan 22, 2006
'Love you' means diferent things in different places. if he's in nigeria, he's cheatin on you. Across the sea, he's seriously considering having an affair.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by gentleaura(m): 4:37am On Jan 22, 2006
Girl! what did u do?...Did u talk to him about who she was?.......ooh plz you have to rep the Naija ladies.....

Homeboi is so so cheating on you, sorry......i cant tolerate that for a second!....

Talk to him about it.........
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by larger20(m): 4:50am On Jan 22, 2006
i cant belive what these girls are saying here......na wahoo so una jealous like this? if u ever hang out with me and see how I talk to other girls u will say i am a womanizer ...maybe model ur boyfriend is a social type so get used to it.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by gentleaura(m): 5:41am On Jan 22, 2006
larger_20:

i can't believe what these girls are saying here.na wahoo so una jealous like this? if u ever hang out with me and see how I talk to other girls u will say i am a womanizer ...maybe model your boyfriend is a social type so get used to it.

That was why I said she should try and talk to him if its just one of his girls...u knw just friends...nonetheless i wouldnt take a chance with that at all....

Talking of which....u got a profile on hi5 or something? @ larger?
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by CHIMUMMY(f): 6:56am On Jan 22, 2006
Girlfriend, dont kill yourself joo is it because you were there , what is you werent there do u know what he does?
Just try and let him love only you by pretenting you didnt hear that and dont nag because that will be an excuse for him to run away.
Take care.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by chillin(f): 7:14am On Jan 22, 2006
How eazy is this?? that might have been his mom, sister, aunt, cousin, or niece c'mon here!!
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by naijadiva: 7:22am On Jan 22, 2006
Model, you have the right to ask him who it is, especially if you truly are wondering. If it was a relative, he should have no problem telling you, but if it was another girl, are you going to pretend it didn't happen? If he can openly say "I love you" to another girl in your presence, how long do you think it will be before you see him with another girl? When you let people overstep their boundaries, they don't stop there. I'm not saying he's cheating on you, but you asked what others would have done in that same situation, and I would have asked him who it was. Just earlier this evening, my boyfriend and I were conversing about something and he said "Only three women have the right to question me about who I'm on the phone with or where I am, and that's my mom, you, and my sister." I don't even question him only because nothing like that has ever happened, but if it did, do you think I'd hesitate to ask? I'm not going to let myself get played to keep him. I value myself too much to let a man play me just so I can keep him, and he knows that.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by ocho(f): 7:25am On Jan 22, 2006
@chilling:at least we're on the same page here wink (I love the new smilies)
@model: still waiting for that answer!
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by chillin(f): 7:36am On Jan 22, 2006
yes girl... same sentence, same paragraph, same page, same chapter, same book! wink

I guess ocho said this already! model did u ask who exacly he waz talking to?
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by DarkNight1(m): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2006
Girl,
How u gonna start a thread when u aint even got all the facts. You have to talk to him, tactfully and subtly,...and ease him into knowing you arent comfortable with him telling someone else he loves them on the phone,,,when you are there, that takes some serious balls.....This can only go two ways

He cheats or he doesn't.

But you gotta talk to dude, and let dude know, you aint comfy with what u heard.
You gotta be protective with what you got.

i would.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by hotangel2(f): 9:15am On Jan 22, 2006
Your boyfriend said "love you" Not "I love you". Those are two different stuffs right there. I finish talking on the phone sometimes with people, and i say "love you"... Obviously the person will have to say "love you too". If i say "I love you hunnie".. Then you can start suspecting if something is cooking somewhere.

This dude is your boyfriend, why not ask him who the girl was? It could be his niece, cousin, sister, infact even mother. It's normal to feel a lil ache in your body when your boyfriend is sitting next to you and says "love you" over the phone.

I don't even think your boyfriend would be STUPID enough to say he loves a girl in the way you are thinking. Guys don't play games like that. He couldn't have said "he loves" another girl in front of you.. at LEAST NOT DIRECTLY LIKE THAt.

Plus looking at this technically, if your boyfriend had said "YOU TOO".. Then you can start a whole big drama. It must have meant that the girl said "I love you" on the other side of the phone, and your man couldn't say the same, so he decided to go the "not so smart way" by saying "you too".

Ask your man who the girl was! I won't join the crew that says "he's cheating on you"... because you never know... The girl he told "love you" over the phone, might be the girl that was spose to deliver the diamonds he just bought for you. wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2006
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by gentleaura(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2006
Making a rash decision based on our presumption might be the highest level of insecurity provided its based on a relationship like this.
Am sorry about my previous comments, they are misleading, and very childish to make an important decision in a relationship. Your boy might probably be someone that flirts alot, it got lots to do with it. So before you make ur presumption, why dont u talk to him about it?
Dont make a whole big deal about the whole situation, cos for him to be able to have the guts to say that infront of yah, I get to believe the "relationship" might not be sexual. Live it with, then if ur feeling comfy anymore, tell him...just ask on a friendly mood...I bet tht will work better. Goodluck!
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by larger20(m): 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2006
gentleaura:

That was why I said she should try and talk to him if its just one of his girls...u knw just friends...nonetheless i wouldnt take a chance with that at all....

Talking of which.u got a profile on hi5 or something? @ larger?

Yes i have profile in hi5..do u want to stalk my girls? grin
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by dejiolowe: 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2006
if u want the guy badly enuff, keep him. else, do the same thing to him and see his reaction. tit for tat
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by Icon(m): 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2006
Where's Model? She ain't even replying... I've said "love you" to dozens of girls. But I've never said "I love you" yet to any girl.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by dejiolowe: 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2006
Icon:

I've said "love you" to dozens of girls. But I've never said "I love you" yet to any girl.

same thing. who are u deceiving? another gullible girl?
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by Icon(m): 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2006
dejiolowe:

same thing. who are u deceiving? anothe gullible girl?

There's no deceit. The two are not the same thing. "Love you", "love ya" , etc can be said to any of my friends. But to say "I love you". That one carry weight pass any other one.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by dejiolowe: 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2006
@icon so Love u means nothing right? Will u be ok if ur girl is telling other guys that?
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by Icon(m): 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2006
Of course it will mean nothing. btw, it's not just the words but also the tone of the voice. You don't say "love you" in a serious tone of voice. It's said with a kind of musical tone (At least that's how i say it). I hope you get what I mean.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by sexydoll(f): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2006
i will advice you to ask him about it before jumping into conclusions because you never know he might be his mum, sister or even aunt so ask about it instead of worrying yourself about it. smiley smiley smiley.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by gentleaura(m): 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2006
larger_20:

Yes i have profile in hi5..do u want to stalk my girls? grin

ooo pls...save me that, I am better off!!....I guess u happen to be on my friends' list...tht was why I asked
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by Oyinhoney(m): 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2006
its obvious that ur boyfriend is kinda confused at the moment about who he truly loves.
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by 2nde(m): 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2006
As for me i will suggest you ask for who the girl is before you spark, if you don't ask, you may end up hurting yourself and if you act without asking, you may end up being blamed.
As Hot-Angel says, if it was "love you" that you heard, it's better you think twice because a lot of close friends say that to themselves, i have a female friend that we usually end our discussion with "love u"
If it is "I LOVE U" then, i think you are in trouble
Re: My Boyfriend Said "I Love You" To A Girl On Phone by ocho(f): 3:51am On Jan 23, 2006
where this MODEL girl sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Berry Wahala Wit My Girlfriend / I'm Attracted To White Ladies, But Don't Know How To Get One / I Beg If You Have Her As Your Wife Will You Still Cheat On Her (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.