Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Konga and their delayed payment issues - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga and their delayed payment issues (12913 Views)

All Payment Issues On Amazon Kindle Solved. / The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia / Making Money On Konga And Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 04, 2015
henribj:

hahahaha long thing, you wan make them call security for me? nothing can be achieved by going there, the most that can happen is that you meet one of their management staff, report the issue to them, and they will tell you that it will be looked into.
be that as it may, i have already contacted one of their vp of something something, lets see how it goes from there, if nothing profitable is achieved then i will think of further drastic measures to take.
unfortunately naija's power of social media is not strong enough, otherwise this post for don blow and a lotta folks for don dey comment etc and e go don reach konga ear.
i have the feeling that a lot of peeps have experienced this same issue but unfortunately they have not been able to share their stories/experiences.
Lol, I am deltan. If I go there once and I am overpowered without result then the next time, it will be me, reinforcement and chains to make sure business is paralysed. I doubt you are cut out for that though so be diplomatic.

Nigeria's social media is very strong but Nigerians have no empathy-if they are not affected by something directly they hardly see the need to join an affected person in protest.

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 12:17am On Mar 04, 2015
blink182:
Lol, I am deltan. If I go there once and I am overpowered without result then the next time, it will be me, reinforcement and chains to make sure business is paralysed. I doubt you are cut out for that though so be diplomatic.

Nigeria's social media is very strong but Nigerians have no empathy-if they are not affected by something directly they hardly see the need to join an affected person in protest.

hahahaha you are very correct o, i no get that kain power. and also about the social media and lack of empathy of nigerians, you are very spot on.

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 04, 2015
henribj:

hahahaha you are very correct o, i no get that kain power. and also about the social media and lack of empathy of nigerians, you are very spot on.
I wish you the best, someone important from there may just be reading this but I doubt.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 12:34am On Mar 04, 2015
blink182:
I wish you the best, someone important from there may just be reading this but I doubt.

thanks man
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by ccaramel(f): 4:05am On Mar 04, 2015
Konga is not a scam but the delivery system needs a serious overhaul asap. I have 8 items still pending from January alone. Some delivered to Konga as far back as January 4th. Mostly Lagos orders. I have sent numerous emails to Konga to return the items to me. I keep getting the same response that return is in process. Within Lagos o.... 2 months and still waiting. These orders were either rejected by buyers or buyers could not be reached after several attempts. I don't get how difficult it is to handle logistics within Lagos. I don't even bother shipping orders outside of Lagos, Abuja, port harcourt. All others takes ages to be delivered. And prone to returns.

Other than that. Majority of my sales have been delivered, paid to wallet and then my bank account promptly.
I also make some of my lagos deliveries myself if buyer is ok with it. I have a reliable courier that does that for me. Buyer checks the item, pay for item and courier. Easy peezy. No returns, no waiting for payment, no commission angry I once had a buyer from my street grin I just strolled over to deliver....

Konga mentioned they were rolling out self delivery a while back. I'll rate them 80%. Huge traffic on that site. If you have a good product, you will make cash.......the problem is not returning some goods to sellers promptly which is the fault of their shipping partners and Konga express.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 8:40am On Mar 04, 2015
ccaramel:
Konga is not a scam but the delivery system needs a serious overhaul asap. I have 8 items still pending from January alone. Some delivered to Konga as far back as January 4th. Mostly Lagos orders. I have sent numerous emails to Konga to return the items to me. I keep getting the same response that return is in process. Within Lagos o.... 2 months and still waiting. These orders were either rejected by buyers or buyers could not be reached after several attempts. I don't get how difficult it is to handle logistics within Lagos. I don't even bother shipping orders outside of Lagos, Abuja, port harcourt. All others takes ages to be delivered. And prone to returns.

Other than that. Majority of my sales have been delivered, paid to wallet and then my bank account promptly.
I also make some of my lagos deliveries myself if buyer is ok with it. I have a reliable courier that does that for me. Buyer checks the item, pay for item and courier. Easy peezy. No returns, no waiting for payment, no commission angry I once had a buyer from my street grin I just strolled over to deliver....

Konga mentioned they were rolling out self delivery a while back. I'll rate them 80%. Huge traffic on that site. If you have a good product, you will make cash.......the problem is not returning some goods to sellers promptly which is the fault of their shipping partners and Konga express.

Oh jeez, why do peeps keep getting me wrong? did i say konga.com is a scammer? i only said they perpetrated one, and i believe that is open for interpretation, make them no come sue me abeg.
that being said, why are you guys talking about the delivery ish of konga logistics partners, i don't have an issue with their delivery/logistics right now, my issue is for them to credit me for the mistake they claim their logistic partner made by misplacing the item. Am i the one who is supposed to pay for the sins of konga logistics partners? considering the fact that it is konga.com that handed over my item to the logistics partner?
this ish happened since november, definitely the matter don komot from my item is missing, i want to track it or pls return my item, no, it has moved to pay me for my missing item, aby shey i wan dey track parcel from november 2014 till march 2015?
the annoying part is that the money for the missing item has already been deducted from the salary of the konga.com staff who accepted the item from me and issued me with the waybill receipt.
thanks for contributing to this post "ccaramel", i was able to learn something from your comment.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Raypawer(m): 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Bro Please how did you contact them, am a marketplace seller also on konga.com, i don't stay at Lagos, where i stay has no Konga Dropoff or Pickup point, and i have tried to contct them via email, but all to no avail. Please can you help me regarding their contact information so that i know where exactly i can drop the item so it will be shipped to the requester of the item. thank you.

henribj:
Hi everyone, i would like to know if anyone else has experienced this situation below with konga.com .
I am a marketplace seller on the konga nigeria website, last year November i received an order on the konga website from a customer, i accepted the order, packaged the item, took it to the konga drop off location around me and dropped it off there, after which i was given a confirmation receipt/waybill . I tracked the item to monitor its progress and for 2-3 weeks this item was not delivered, i contacted the buyer to confirm if maybe she had received the item and konga failed to update it, and she informed me she had not received the item yet. I then contacted Konga regarding this matter and Konga kept on telling me stories of how they are looking into it blah blah blah, along the line they admitted the item has been misplaced and i would be compensated with the total amount of the item they misplaced.
Since November till date i have not received 1naira compensation from Konga. Anytime i contact them about it they will tell me stories of how they have shifted the issue to the payment department for them to effect the release of the payment for the lost item to me, it has gotten to a point they no longer reply my emails or get in touch with me.
It is painful that a whole store/marketplace as big as Konga should stoop so low as to be involved in this type of hanky panky business. And i wonder if i am the only one who has experienced this same type of treatment from Konga, or if there are people out there who have also experienced this same treatment.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Raypawer(m): 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
please how can i get to konga, am a marketplace seller also but my location has no dropoff point, so i really need to contact konga so as to know how to send the item.

ccaramel:
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
Raypawer:
please how can i get to konga, am a marketplace seller also but my location has no dropoff point, so i really need to contact konga so as to know how to send the item.

no drop-off location around you? there is problem o. where does the buyer of the item stay? is the buyer in lagos? i would advise you just ship the item to a friend or relative of yours in the same town/city/state of the buyer, then your friend/relative can go do home delivery to the buyer and collect the cash same time, it will avoid konga payment delays which take about one week at the least to get to you.
you can contact konga.com on this phone line: 0818 235 5555
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by puskin: 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
You wan make we blow up the case?? undecided undecided
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by ccaramel(f): 4:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
Raypawer:

http:///seller-dropoff

I use about 3 locations on the list for my drop offs. Depends on where I am. Konga only has drop off in LAGOS.

Surulere80 Bode Thomas StreetView on a map->
IkejaGround Floor, Obafemi Awolowo House, Computer Village. IkejaView on a map->
Ajao Estate25, Osolo Way, Ajao Estate, Osolo LagosView on a map->
Allen90, Allen AvenueView on a map->
Alimosho153, Akowonjo Road, EgbedaView on a map->
Agege 17 Olayiwola street off Charity road, New Oko Oba, AgegeView on a map->
Trade FairOdundas Plaza, within Balogun Business Association/International
Center of Commerce View on a map->
Ogba16&19 Thomas Salako Street, Off Ogba road, Ogba Lagos.View on a map->
Ogudu 123 Ojota/Ogudu Road, Opposite Tantalizers.View on a map->
Ikorodu61 Lagos Road, IkoroduView on a map->
IkotaRoad 4, Shop I 205, Ikota Shopping Complex, just before AjahView on a map->
Ilupeju 5 Johnson street, off Coker Road, IlupejuView on a map->
Lagos Island Block 11, Suite 2, Sura Office Complex.View on a map->
Lekki Sixty 9 Mall, (Just after Coldstone Creamery/Domino Pizza)
Admiralty Way, Lekki phase 1View on a map->
FestacGacuum Plaza, 23 road, beside Tantalizers, Festac townView on a map->
Marina81/87 Tantalizers Building, Broad Street, Marina.View on a map->
YabaRock Haven Building, 4 Hughes Avenue, off Herbert Macaulay way,
(Turn by Mr. Biggs) Yaba Lagos View on a map->
Eti-Osa12 Idowu Taylor Street, VIView on a map->

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
puskin:
You wan make we blow up the case?? undecided undecided

blow up the case how?
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
Raypawer:
Bro Please how did you contact them, am a marketplace seller also on konga.com, i don't stay at Lagos, where i stay has no Konga Dropoff or Pickup point, and i have tried to contct them via email, but all to no avail. Please can you help me regarding their contact information so that i know where exactly i can drop the item so it will be shipped to the requester of the item. thank you.

oh also, i don't think konga offers drop-off service for non-lagos residents i.e if your business is not in lagos state.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by ccaramel(f): 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
henribj:

Oh jeez, why do peeps keep getting me wrong? did i say konga.com is a scammer? i only said they perpetrated one, and i believe that is open for interpretation, make them no come sue me abeg.
that being said, why are you guys talking about the delivery ish of konga logistics partners, i don't have an issue with their delivery/logistics right now, my issue is for them to credit me for the mistake they claim their logistic partner made by misplacing the item. Am i the one who is supposed to pay for the sins of konga logistics partners? considering the fact that it is konga.com that handed over my item to the logistics partner?
this ish happened since november, definitely the matter don komot from my item is missing, i want to track it or pls return my item, no, it has moved to pay me for my missing item, aby shey i wan dey track parcel from november 2014 till march 2015?
the annoying part is that the money for the missing item has already been deducted from the salary of the konga.com staff who accepted the item from me and issued me with the waybill receipt.
thanks for contributing to this post "ccaramel", i was able to learn something from your comment.

Check the definition of "SCAM". I don't think your case is a perpetrated scam, hence my response.
A scam is a planned attempt to defraud. Your case has to do with terrible Konga logistics and even worse customer service. I am also a victim, even more items than you. They have credited me for some that got lost, returned most of them. I deliver a lot of items and I will say 95% of the time, no issues. Again this is a new platform and Nigerian factor will always be present. I.e staff/ courier stealing items, courier not updating tracking or delivery. I know that in one of my cases which involved DHL. They were made to pay for the item. There was a Dhl tracking number but it could not be tracked beyond saying received by DHL. They are really having issues with logistics. If you check the mail received today. They are rolling out a new plan for logistics. I have already been delivering most of my lagos items myself. I get my courier charge of N500 plus cost of item from the buyer. Only places close to me though. Some buyers also pick up.
The new plan, they want sellers to pay for shipping upon drop off if you want to ship through them. So what happen if item gets returned? You will lose your shipping fees for sure angry keep emailing Amaka and cc mall@konga.com She's the boss.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Raypawer(m): 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
thank you all, i think the best solution is to decline the order cos the buyer is at kwara and i have nobody there. thank you for your concern...

what are friends for wink wink

henribj:

oh also, i don't think konga offers drop-off service for non-lagos residents i.e if your business is not in lagos state.
henribj:

no drop-off location around you? there is problem o. where does the buyer of the item stay? is the buyer in lagos? i would advise you just ship the item to a friend or relative of yours in the same town/city/state of the buyer, then your friend/relative can go do home delivery to the buyer and collect the cash same time, it will avoid konga payment delays which take about one week at the least to get to you.
you can contact konga.com on this phone line: 0818 235 5555
henribj:

ccaramel:

http:///seller-dropoff

I use about 3 locations on the list for my drop offs. Depends on where I am. Konga only has drop off in LAGOS.

Surulere80 Bode Thomas StreetView on a map->
IkejaGround Floor, Obafemi Awolowo House, Computer Village. IkejaView on a map->
Ajao Estate25, Osolo Way, Ajao Estate, Osolo LagosView on a map->
Allen90, Allen AvenueView on a map->
Alimosho153, Akowonjo Road, EgbedaView on a map->
Agege 17 Olayiwola street off Charity road, New Oko Oba, AgegeView on a map->
Trade FairOdundas Plaza, within Balogun Business Association/International
Center of Commerce View on a map->
Ogba16&19 Thomas Salako Street, Off Ogba road, Ogba Lagos.View on a map->
Ogudu 123 Ojota/Ogudu Road, Opposite Tantalizers.View on a map->
Ikorodu61 Lagos Road, IkoroduView on a map->
IkotaRoad 4, Shop I 205, Ikota Shopping Complex, just before AjahView on a map->
Ilupeju 5 Johnson street, off Coker Road, IlupejuView on a map->
Lagos Island Block 11, Suite 2, Sura Office Complex.View on a map->
Lekki Sixty 9 Mall, (Just after Coldstone Creamery/Domino Pizza)
Admiralty Way, Lekki phase 1View on a map->
FestacGacuum Plaza, 23 road, beside Tantalizers, Festac townView on a map->
Marina81/87 Tantalizers Building, Broad Street, Marina.View on a map->
YabaRock Haven Building, 4 Hughes Avenue, off Herbert Macaulay way,
(Turn by Mr. Biggs) Yaba Lagos View on a map->
Eti-Osa12 Idowu Taylor Street, VIView on a map->
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by ccaramel(f): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Raypawer:
thank you all, i think the best solution is to decline the order cos the buyer is at kwara and i have nobody there. thank you for your concern...

Are you in Lagos? You should not be concerned about where the buyer is. Konga will deliver nationwide and buyer pays for shipping. Infact I just received payment for an order delivered to Yenogoa today. I almost didn't ship the order. But it was a huge quantity and I went for it. I don't know how you can be a seller on konga if you don't live or have someone in Lagos to deliver to Konga office.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Raypawer:

if you have not already declined the order, i would suggest that you contact the buyer, and find out if the buyer is willing to pay before shipment of the item, that way, you add cost of shipping the items to kwara to the initial price of the item and then forward your account details to the buyer, once the buyer pays, you ship the item using a courier service or ABC transport courier services (i.e if they have an office in Kwara State).
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
ccaramel:

Are you in Lagos? You should not be concerned about where the buyer is. Konga will deliver nationwide and buyer pays for shipping. Infact I just received payment for an order delivered to Yenogoa today. I almost didn't ship the order. But it was a huge quantity and I went for it. I don't know how you can be a seller on konga if you don't live or have someone in Lagos to deliver to Konga office.

might be he was originally based in Lagos but right now is out of town. not everyone can leave their business for someone else to run nah, especially if the business is some of these businesses that are of delicate nature.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by iMerchant: 8:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
Suntemi:

Can I send you an email also? Thanks

You are FREE to send me a mail.

Thanks
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by iMerchant: 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
henribj:

this is the reply i got from one of the two emails you sent to me;
[b][/b]Hello Henri -
Sincere apologies for this issue.

Please be assured that we will look into this and see it through to resolution.

Kindly bear with us - will ensure that you receive feedback shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Amaka

You can also reach them on mobile to follow up.

Although, I have never experienced this on Konga.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
iMerchant:

You can also reach them on mobile to follow up.

Although, I have never experienced this on Konga.

since i received the email i posted here, i have not received a follow up from the Amaka again. just pray not to experience it. you know how many ppl wey don experience this ish? na because say them never talk them own na why you no go know.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Raypawer(m): 11:23am On Mar 05, 2015
henribj:

if you have not already declined the order, i would suggest that you contact the buyer, and find out if the buyer is willing to pay before shipment of the item, that way, you add cost of shipping the items to kwara to the initial price of the item and then forward your account details to the buyer, once the buyer pays, you ship the item using a courier service or ABC transport courier services (i.e if they have an office in Kwara State).

ok thanks..
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by EnterPRO: 11:52am On Mar 05, 2015
henribj:

blow up the case how?

front page publicity na!
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by warrenweste(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
henribj:

pls do u have abc transport courier service contact details?
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
EnterPRO:

front page publicity na!

mehn that one go make sense wella, cos this konga.com peeps need to know say them dey f.up, and other peeps also need to know about konga.com f.up, so anyone dealing with them go need to "shine ya eyes" wella.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
Raypawer:

ok thanks..

your welcome. will respond to your mail in a bit.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
warrenweste:

pls do u have abc transport courier service contact details?

nope dont have it, but its not difficult to get, just visit any of the ABC transport offices and they will provide you with the details you need. Also not only ABC transport services offers courier services, some bus companies like CHISCO etc also offer the service.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by warrenweste(m): 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
[quote author=henribj post=31325596]

nope dont have it, but its not difficult to get, just visit any of the ABC transport offices and they will provide you with the details you need. Also not only ABC transport services offers courier services, some bus companies like CHISCO etc also offer the service.[/quote

alright thanks do u know if they are in ibadan ?
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
[quote author=warrenweste post=31325818][/quote]

ahhh i doubt o cos ABC transport mostly goes far distances, although in the east they have shuttle services which move short distances. remember, ABC is not the only transport service which offers this service. but ask around though, ABC might just be in Ibadan also.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by warrenweste(m): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
henribj:

ahhh i doubt o cos ABC transport mostly goes far distances, although in the east they have shuttle services which move short distances. remember, ABC is not the only transport service which offers this service. but ask around though, ABC might just be in Ibadan also.

alright then thanks smiley
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
warrenweste:

alright then thanks smiley

your welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Pump Prices-how Much Can I Purchase A Filling Station Fuel Pump. / How To Make Money From Lubricant Oil Production Business / $1.5bn Lekki Deep Seaport Project Suffers Setback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.