Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,841 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893370 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by TeesMom: 11:12am On Jul 17, 2015
firsttymum:
See what I just saw....

For undocumented mothers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
FinanceFitness:
I think the unusual silence is more from an empathetic and compassionate stand point. I didn't use Medicaid the last time and by God's grace, I will not in future as well.

It's really a rough patch to go through with a newborn being ill and all, so people don't want to worsen the situation.

This is my opinion though.

You said my mind through and through. It's such a hard situation to be in but it always pays to do the right thing. Perhaps she may start up a fund thingy where people can donate or so.
I just really feel for the poster. It is well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
Adeniyitob:
Hello People,

Can someone pls help? I am in New Jersey and trying to fill the Nigeria Passport application for my baby but when I picked new York as the processing state a notification popped up that they don't have the 32 page passport available till further notice. I just want to find out if anyone in the house applied and paid for the 32 page passport recently despite the notification. Probably our naija embassy has forgotten to remove the notification cos I av been checking since I had my baby 2weeks ago.

Thanks.

Congrats on your newborn,can you kindly share doctor and hospital cost in New Jersey?I have a serious need for this information.I hope someone is able to help with your request too.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 1:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
Adeniyitob:
Hello People,

Can someone pls help? I am in New Jersey and trying to fill the Nigeria Passport application for my baby but when I picked new York as the processing state a notification popped up that they don't have the 32 page passport available till further notice. I just want to find out if anyone in the house applied and paid for the 32 page passport recently despite the notification. Probably our naija embassy has forgotten to remove the notification cos I av been checking since I had my baby 2weeks ago.

Thanks.
There is no 32pages here in Nigeria too. I just renewed mine, was told the 32 pages might be available in 2 weeks time but I wanted the 64 pages in d first place.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
bisilola:

Congrats on your newborn,can you kindly share doctor and hospital cost in New Jersey?I have a serious need for this information.I hope someone is able to help with your request too.
Thank you
Yes kindly share your experience. You were supposed to go to Houston if I not mistaking.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adeniyitob: 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
bisilola:

Thank you

I had my baby in Houston o...My flight to the US was through Newark hence the reason for my return to New jersey so I just want to use that opportunity and get the naija passport instead of visa.I used OakBend and Dr Fagbohun. Estimate of the delivery bill has been shared by T Vegas before but mine is as follows:
Dr Fagbohun- 1920( after the discount)
300( initial visit plus ultrasound)
580( for tests)

Oakbend- 2300(,vaginal delivery)
NICS Peadiatrician- 514
Brown and Associates- 79

I used pediatric centre for my baby's 2 days and 2 weeks follow on visit and they charged 108 and 96 dollars respectively.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
Adeniyitob:

I had my baby in Houston o...My flight to the US was through Newark hence the reason for my return to New jersey so I just want to use that opportunity and get the naija passport instead of visa.I used OakBend and Dr Fagbohun. Estimate of the delivery bill has been shared by T Vegas before but mine is as follows:
580( for tests)
NICS Peadiatrician- 514
Brown and Associates- 79
I used pediatric centre for my baby's 2 days and 2 weeks follow on visit and they charged 108 and 96 dollars respectively.
I hope this helps.

How long did u stay in the hospital that NICS was 514 , and did u wait 2-3 days post delivery before paying?
then how many days post delivery did u pay brown and associate? .

Ur tests was 580 is it that he refused ur tests?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
bisilola:

Thank you

New Jersey/ New York
Part 1 thread page 21, 24, 25, 36 and 218

I hope this helps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
modath:

Stanbic and STANBIC &STANBIC ONLY.

I'm a faithful partner, especially when i know there is no better deal anywhere else. wink

I'm surprised people have caught up on this Stanbic Ibtc gist. They have been $199.45/199.5 for a long time now. I pray they keep up with this for as long as it lasts. They do have the best international rates. I wonder how they are able to do this and I'm surprised other banks are not competing with them on this

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nasadiva:

Yes kindly share your experience. You were supposed to go to Houston if I not mistaking.

Yes ooo originally but my family in New Jersey insisted I have to come to them instead of staying by myself in Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=Adeniyitob post=35968117]

580( for tests)

NICS Peadiatrician- 514
Brown and Associates- 79

Thank you very much dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
firsttymum:

New Jersey/ New York
Part 1 thread page 21, 24, 25, 36 and 218

I hope this helps

Thank very much,I already found one with a total package of 6,550usd for VD and 9,000usd for CS in one of those pages but I haven't heard any other person talk about it.He is Dr Fares Diabakerli,I will read those pages you suggested now.
Thanks for your help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=Omotweezy post=35973956][/quote]

@Omotweezy,fantastic!i am happy I found one person at least.I am a sept/October mum but I am traveling in 2weeks time.When are you leaving?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
Pls I tried to PM you.Kindly check your email. Thanks. @dyout

dyout:
I GOT THIS FROM THE FORUM SOMETIME AGO. KINDLY CHECK IF IT IS HELPFUL

In the spirit of giving back. Here is my birth story.
I gave birth to my baby girl March 17th at United memorial medical
center, batavia New York through C.S. Stayed in the hospital 3 days
for all. The hospital offers a 60% automatic discount for self pay. Got
my bill for 3947.69 for mother and 1407 for the child, total of 5354.
Doctor's fee for ante natal and delivery was 1499.4 (I was scheduled
for natural delivery with a mid wife but had to go for c-section last
minute, which included a doctor in the package. The fee above also
include all the meal I had for 3 days. The service was awesome,
everyone including the doctor's were very friendly, nice and
professional.
I let them know before I delivered that I was going back to Naija in
less than a month after delivery so they could process my birth cert
and bills on time.
I filled the birth cert form before I gave birth and gave them baby's
name on delivery. They filled for the cert on friday, I called the
county's office on Tuesday and I was told it was mailed to me the
monday after that friday. I guess they used regular mail cos I didn't
get it that week, went to their office the following Monday, paid 10$
for another copy which I usedto apply for her passport. I paid 165$
for the passport and got it sameday. I mailed her passport to the
agent for the Naija visa for 342$ (Tanko hardly picked his calls, felt
safer using a company's service). They got the passport Tuesday
Morning, got the visa same day and mailed it back to me. I got the
passport the next day Wednesday. I have gotten my zero balance letter
from the hospital. Leaving for Naija today.
Hope this helps someone.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adeniyitob: 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
firsttymum:

How long did u stay in the hospital that NICS was 514 , and did u wait 2-3 days post delivery before paying?
then how many days post delivery did u pay brown and associate? .

Ur tests was 580 is it that he refused ur tests?

I stayed 2 days at the Hospital.... And I got their invoice in my email 3 days after discharge so I paid them asap.

For brown and associates I had to call them severally o before they sent their invoice 2 weeks after...their excuse was that the hospital did not send my details to them on time...eventually when they did my discounted bill was that $79.

For the test at the docs office...I only went with few test result which he did not accept so he gave me a discount on the test too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 10:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
Adeniyitob:

For brown and associates I had to call them severally o before they sent their invoice 2 weeks after...their excuse was that the hospital did not send my details to them on time...eventually when they did my discounted bill was that $79.

For the test at the docs office...I only went with few test result which he did not accept so he gave me a discount on the test too.
Pls who are these " brown and associates and what's their function? Why didn't dr F accept the few test results you went with ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
ozycy:
Pls who are these " brown and associates and what's their function? Why didn't dr F accept the few test results you went with ?

It's the blood test you do at the hospital before delivery and also that of the baby after birth

It's negligible I remember paying less than 100dolls after 40 percent discount

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tk8681: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
bolijiks:
Hello People,

Can anyone advise me on the furnished apartment people using MIHS (phoenix) are majorly using now. As i don't want to be the only Naija preggy in which ever apartment i end up choosing. I am due to travel in 2weeks and need to sort that area out.

Please mamas and papas answer needed urgently.
Hello bolijiks,sorry am not good posting on this forum. I am August/September mama using MIHS and staying in crossland. I arrived US on monday am still in New York but moving to phoenix next Thursday. Pls email me,I don't want to be bored. Ladytayo2008@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
tk8681:
Hello bolijiks,sorry am not good posting on this forum. I am August/September mama using MIHS and staying in crossland. I arrived US on monday am still in New York but moving to phoenix next Thursday. Pls email me,I don't want to be bored. Ladytayo2008@yahoo.com

I thot mihs had stopped collectjng foreign patients. Find out before leaving new york so that you dont get stranded
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tk8681: 12:25am On Jul 18, 2015
Hello Nairaland,I have been a silent follower for a while and decided to join after our visa interview in Lagos. I must commend everyone on this forum,in fact everyone is wonderful. Hubby,son and I applied for visa on 20th of May '15 but were denied,we felt we had a fault cos we were waiting for the visa officer to ask of each document before presenting it but we took courage and went back 2wks after (thks to phema burden of proof) thank God we were issued. NB:this time we were the one presenting all documents to visa officer. Son and I don't have travel record,only hubby has.Also I filled homemaker in my DS-160 form.Fast forward to present: Am presently reporting life from New York, took Turkish airlines,flight was on point (thks to wonderful people on this forum,I made use of wheelchair) got to new York around 6pm ,Poe was very smooth,money was not checked ,no secondary inspection,only by bags were checked because I declared food,my kilishi and potatoes were thrown into the trash bin.All in all,I don't think I spent 15mins in total at JFK. Moving to phoenix next week,am MIHS momma. Thumb up to everyone and God bless. Sorry for the long post

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tk8681: 12:41am On Jul 18, 2015
nefertitiram:

I thot mihs had stopped collectjng foreign patients. Find out before leaving new york so that you dont get stranded
Thanks so much,I was so scared when I read your post.I had to pick my phone immediately to call them and I was told the policy is for those that do not have an appointment yet,that my appointment still stands with them and i specifically asked if friends can still come from Nigeria but was told no,that a new policy have been passed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dsaynt: 12:58am On Jul 18, 2015
FinanceFitness:
I think the unusual silence is more from an empathetic and compassionate stand point. I didn't use Medicaid the last time and by God's grace, I will not in future as well.

It's really a rough patch to go through with a newborn being ill and all, so people don't want to worsen the situation.

This is my opinion though.

I CONCUR!! This is a sensitive issue hence people are being careful of what to say. Our prayers are with her. that matters the most
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yuddiepro: 1:00am On Jul 18, 2015
Dear NL,
I'm new on this but have taken time to read through this thread. Very enlightening and I thank God I found this forum. I already have a valid US visa and would like to have my baby.there. I have my relatives In Michigan and san Jose California. Please can anyone help out with hospitals in these states that are pretty affordable?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:15am On Jul 18, 2015
tk8681:
Thanks so much,I was so scared when I read your post.I had to pick my phone immediately to call them and I was told the policy is for those that do not have an appointment yet,that my appointment still stands with them and i specifically asked if friends can still come from Nigeria but was told no,that a new policy have been passed.

Ok great!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by CallMeFavoured: 4:54am On Jul 18, 2015
Thank you for this encouragement.

nefertitiram:
Please permit me to rant...

This morning, I log on to facebook for d 1st time in a long time and the first thing I see is painful exit. An ex school mate's obituary. Aged 36. Am like wtf!! What could have happened? I'm able to get to her husband's fb page and get details.

She died at childbirth, in Asaba... 2015, 21st century, when Richard Branson is thinking of taking tourists to mars and the moon, women still die in childbirth? cry angry

Mschewwww

@callmefavoured and those with babies in NICU, it's a small price to pay just to hold your baby in your hands and feel their heartbeat on your chest. They will come out bouncing and it will be a story of the past. patapata you owe hosp or US govt, life is too precious to be given a price tag. When there is life, there is hope. No one plans to have a baby in NICU, the mental torture...omg!

Last year in Nigeria, I was lied to for 5 days that my babies were in incubator just so that I can recover from the CS before they would break the bad news, so I know that pain... and I am grateful for it because I'm alive, and I can connect and share in your hopes. I have greater confidence in the future because your babies are most precious in God's sight and have a glorious future. For God to have led you to US, scale visa interview and scale POE, He has a beautiful plan for your family.

And if you have to collect medicaid half heartedly, God will sort out the future. Just make sure your baby is well taken care of. Just make sure in 18 years, you send him back to US to start working and pay the US govt taxes in appreciation grin

Hang on in there, do not be devastated and don't have blood pressure over bills. I'm sure my friend's husband would trade the whole world to have his wife back. embarassed

And all of us pushing mamas, we will deliver strong healthy babies in Jesus name. We will come out of labour room with joy and thanksgiving, hitch and comma free. God will send us to the right doctors and will work through the doctors and glorify His name through our testimonies.

I've gone all spiritual...It is a supernatural something o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by CallMeFavoured: 5:01am On Jul 18, 2015
Thank you. She has undergone surgery but still in NICU for future procedures and tests. I will sort the insurance by monday. I will share the testimony soonest. By Gods grace.

[Quote author=darasimi1988 post=35895944]@callmefavored. What in the name of God is wrong with u? U mean u have still nt started processing baby's insurance? Is it that your future travels to America is more important to you than the life of that precious lil one? Pple av shared their stories, we have encouraged in u in every way possible, m sure the social workers would have explained the process nd what it entails to u. Let me tell you this, you ll never forgive yourself if anything happens to that. What am I even saying? Nothing will happen to the child sef cos American doctors will go ahead and save the child's life anyway Buh it will get to a point you might be charged with 'medical negligence'. Yes! I mean charged! And they will even threaten to take the child from you, get an American family that can take care of the child to adopt the child. I swear to u, m nt bluffing, I have been thru this before. The Lord is your strength, your baby ll be fine and that's the most important thing. You av to be strong for yourself nd ofcourse d baby. Pls nd pls, dnt come back here to ask us if you should take medical insurance for your baby again. Your next post should be one of testimony of joy biko. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by CallMeFavoured: 5:05am On Jul 18, 2015
Thank you. I understand. I have aready paid for mine and collected the receipt plus zero balance letter.

nefertitiram:

Even if she does not take medicaid sef, once she cannot pay and absconds without an arrangement, they will send her bill to collections who will communicate with all govt agencies, flag her name as a debtor and it will show up at visa renewal and POE, so who loses here?

If she takes medicaid, the bills will be settled by medicaid, hospital, parents and baby will be happy. Immigration may never know except she does not have a receipt to prove that she paid for HER DELIVERY in US, which I presume she does if she has paid HER Bills. Medicaid here is the lesser evil for the baby's sake.

Even Obama will understand that she had no intentions to defraud the govt, fate did not just play fairly

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by xyzabcuo: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2015
Please house who has returned from U.S. with two infants oh.. is that possible? I read somewhere on delta airline website that an adult can take two Infants (one lap child and another a seat has to be purchased). I called the office in Lagos just to double check and the call agent said it's not allowed. Kindly advise my people. It's stressful but what if that's the only option one has under a short notice?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2015
Its possible. Maybe the agent thinks you booked two lap tickets. As far as the other infant has a seat (i.e you paid for a seat for him/her) you should be fine. I have done it before. If the infant is about 2 or less you can get a double stroller that u can attach a baby car seat to. It really helped me..

xyzabcuo:
Please house who has returned from U.S. with two infants oh.. is that possible? I read somewhere on delta airline website that an adult can take two Infants (one lap child and another a seat has to be purchased). I called the office in Lagos just to double check and the call agent said it's not allowed. Kindly advise my people. It's stressful but what if that's the only option one has under a short notice?
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sle123: 11:56am On Jul 18, 2015
Hello people, please can anyone recommend a good doctor at northside hospital in atlanta...thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Jibbie2015: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hello @pmama, just wanted to confirm if you eventually settled for Atlanta Medical Center. if you did pls can you share the hospital cost information and the obgyn you used. thank you. anyother member in this forum can also share.

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.