Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894493 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
Don't bother, he won't accept them. Only do the 1 - 4.

Bbsy:
Hi people,
Am travelling soon and i wntto do some test bfr going.
My question is aside the no 1-4 test that will be accepted if done prior to my arrival according to Dr Fagbohun list of test, can i do the other ones just to cut the cost of test am going to do in houston.
Plus i wantto knw if there is anyone Dr fagbohun accepted it from.
Urgent please...kindly assist with a response.

Thanks...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
favoredgal:

ok but 2012 is 3 plus years ago though

thanks for the info, i did not even know that teaching hospitals administered epidural
National hospital abt 2yrs ago charge abt 35k for epidural
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marchmum: 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=drfdee post=38783169]Please who know a very very affordable hospital for delivery in Maryland for somone working wiv a very tight budget.......tanx

I have details of a very good doctor and hospital and ridiculously affordable rates in Virginia.. About 3hrs from Maryland. Do you have family in Maryland or are you thinking of renting? If it's the latter then you might want to check out Virginia.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by vamum: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=Marchmum post=38788460][/quote]

Please share the name of the hospital and the doctor on this forum or via private message (tried sending you a message). Been looking for cheap hospitals in Virginia for a while now. Have a couple of people that have tried to come and give birth here but couldn't get them cheap hospitals. All the ones I was seeing were in the $10-$15k range. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IjayMama: 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
@olokings
The $1000 discounted fee you paid for epidural was at a Methodist Hospital? If yes, which please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
It's pain mgt coy affiliated with Methodist Richardson.

IjayMama:
@olokings
The $1000 discounted fee you paid for epidural was at a Methodist Hospital? If yes, which please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kiboe: 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello house,any Houston bound mum this October?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Kiboe u don buy ur ticket?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twingirls: 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
My transcript at Lagos, 10am yesterday

Me- Good morning
Vo- Good morning, passport pls

Passed it over, saw him opening the pages hurriedly

Vo- Where are you going to?
Me- Houston Texas

Vo- what for?
Me- To have my baby
He continued typing, no change of expresssion

VO- Are you in contact with any doctor?
Me- yes

VO- Do you have any correspondence with the doctor with you?
Me- yes ( brought out dr fs correspondence, my email and budget spreadsheet and passed it, I tried removing the spreadsheet since he dint ask for it, but he said I shld bring that too)

VO- how do you get to know about the doctor?
Me- A friend he delivered of twins (Sanyoberry na my e friend na?) recommended him and I also went online to check the reviews about him, and I was okay with what I read. (He stopped typing and looked straight into my eyes, I looked back into his, dint know he was that handsome)

He checked d spreadsheet first, and scanned tru dr F's correspondence, re arranged the document, putting dr F's correspondence in the fore front and typed again.

VO- (stopped typing and looked at me) do you have any family in Houston
Me- No, (I maintain the eye contact, shaking my head at the same time)

VO- what do do you?
Me- I'm a lawyer

He started typing again
VO- Are you married?
Me- Yes with kids
VO- Your husband has a valid passport?
Me- yes

Looked up from the computer finally, and packed dr F's correspondence together, passing it to me

VO- keep all this documents, you may need it at the point of entrance ( I started smilling)

VO- your visa is approved, pick it up on Monday @ d circled bla bla bla

Me- thank you ( thinking how nice and handsome the young man looks).

My interview cldnt be more than 2 minutes, he dint even ask all d questions iv imagined. I read thru the part 1 and 2 of this thread, I went further to US visit thread, picked some individuals and read thru their post, I learnt so much, above all, I prayed, prayed and believe.
Special tanks to Lady G, chloe7, Phema and others too numerous to mention.
I apologise for the long post, I tried to be detailed, so it can help someone as it helped me.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kiboe: 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=jumman post=38791547]Kiboe u don buy ur ticket?[/quote

Yea...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
vamum:

Please share the name of the hospital and the doctor on this forum or via private message (tried sending you a message). Been looking for cheap hospitals in Virginia for a while now. Have a couple of people that have tried to come and give birth here but couldn't get them cheap hospitals. All the ones I was seeing were in the $10-$15k range. Thanks
r u like an agent

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mumof2boys(f): 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
firsttymum:
r u like an agent

Wetin be your own?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mumof2boys:

Wetin be your own?
You b alright hun..... Take a glass chilled water aii?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
Twingirls congratulations again..

The handsome part got me laughing

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=twingirls post=38791898]My transcript at Lagos, 10am yesterday

Me- Good morning
Vo- Good morning, passport pls

Passed it over, saw him opening the pages hurriedly

, and I was okay with what I read. (He stopped typing and looked straight into my eyes, [b]I looked back into his, dint know he was that handsom[/b]e)

/quote]
congratulations.. you had the time to size up the VO's good looks sef. hmnnnnn. twingirlllllll...lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
Dr F nd Dr A are pretty different as regards the tests... One doesn't waste ur time and money with some tests since it will b redone at delivery ( except it's absolutely necessary)... While d other wants it.

I kukuma hate needles... So I'm glad I chose an amazing Dr.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LI(m): 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
After two visa refusals; one each for my DW and I when we went together, and then another for her when she went alone, we finally got our visas approved today in Abuja during the 10:15 am appointment by the gentleman on window 9.

The first interview was before we came across this beautiful thread on NL. In fact, after that first refusal and upon discovering this thread, my DW and I were quite glad we were refused because the horror of getting turned back at POE because you didn't declare you were pregnant terrified us. But then she went again, told the truth and was denied. Now we panicked. I gave up at that point thinking that maybe we were put on a 10 year ban until my jewel of inestimable value convinced me to let us try one more time and this time we chose Abuja. Everything worked in our favour because we boarded the 7am Arik flight by 6:30. I have gone on that route a few times and this is the first time that happened. I knew at this point that God was in control.

We finally got our chance with the VO around 12:15pm. See transcript below.

VO: Hello. How are you?
ME: Excellent. And you?
VO: I'm great. Can I have your passports and confirmation page?
I hand them over.
VO: So what brings you here today?
ME: I'm travelling to San Francisco to attend to company event (I go into more details on the event) and will be joining my wife in Texas a week later to witness the birth of our baby.
VO: Oh I see. Can I see what you have from the doctor?
I hand over to him a stack of paper containing the famous budget sheet, doctor's correspondence and bills. He glances over the documents and returns to the first page; the budget sheet.
VO: There is no way this is the actual cost of...My heartbeat increased by 100 beats/second at this point...
VO: Oh sorry, I was looking at the wrong amount. I see you have budgeted 13,000
ME: And 15,000 for in case we have to schedule a CS. I try to explain the other documents he was holding
and the VO waved me off. My DW is a better judge of body language because she thinks it wasn't a "wave off" at all but more like an "I feel you" signal
VO: So tell me about *** (this is where I work)
I go into a 15-20 secs introduction of my office and what we do.
VO: And what do you do for them?
ME: My responsibility includes blah, blah, blah
VO: How much do you earn?
ME: I tell him
VO: What does you wife do?
ME: She's a *** but I'm the one sponsoring her trip
VO: That's okay
VO: Where have you travelled to previously?
ME: I have travelled as recently as July when I went to UK on a company sponsored training
VO: How about you ma'am? He addresses my DW for the first time throughout the interview
DW: I have travelled to Dubai and Kenya?
VO: And what? I don't know whether it was that he didn't hear her or he just wasn't impressed.
DW: Kenya.
VO: Ok
VO: Do you have any professional qualifications.
ME: I tell him
VO: Are you guys travelling together.
ME: No. She will be going straight to Texas while I will be joining her from San Francisco.
VO: That's fine
VO: Now let's get on to some processing. And he starts typing for like 2 minutes but it felt like 2 hours. All this while, my heart was pounding and the fella didn't help matters, there was zero expression on his face. He starts scanning through the pages of our passport and continues typing for another forever. And then the moment of truth.

The VO reached for our passports and motions in our direction like he was about to return them to us. But no he didn't, he slotted them among the array of lucky applicants instead and picked that adorable white paper.

Everything he said afterward evaporated as I just latched on to our voluminous burden of proof, held my DW with the other hand and danced shakiti bobo in my mind

I got a lot of learning from this thread reading every page right from part one but at the end of the day, God chose to be on our side today.

Now we're looking for PTA and need to book airline. DW is hitting on 35 weeks but I know say, no shaking. God will finish what he started.

26 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
for veterans that have used houston & oakbend for their 1st, 2nd or to 5th missionary journey i have a question pls
asides intown, soulcare, pampered stay, etc have you successfully rented an apartment for 2-3 months in houston conviniently?
if so, could you KINDLYyyyyyy share some details on how you got it
i was made to understand renting apartments are still cheaper than intown etc (i stand to be corrected tho)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drfdee: 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Please am still waitin for the details of the virhinia hospital ooh......tanx

Please you could send d details to me on fdee99 @yahoo.com......thanx

quote author=Marchmum post=38788460][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
LI:
After two visa refusals; one each for my DW and I when we went together, and then another for her when she went alone, we finally got our visas approved today in Abuja during the 10:15 am appointment by the gentleman on window 9.

Now we're looking for PTA and need to book airline. DW is hitting on 35 weeks but I know say, no shaking. God will finish what he started.
congrats. your story touched my heart. i kept smiling as i read
@pta, standard chartered, stanbic, union bank are selling. arrange your self fast. ur DW hasnt got much time
some people here mentioned travelex (you could use as last resort)

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
uptown17:
for veterans that have used houston & oakbend for their 1st, 2nd or to 5th missionary journey i have a question pls
asides intown, soulcare, pampered stay, etc have you successfully rented an apartment for 2-3 months in houston conviniently?
i was made to understand renting apartments are still cheaper than intown etc (i stand to be corrected tho)
Out of curiosity and Gist with my host

Sometimes U need papers to rent apartments.... U must b renting for at least 3 months. Because they can't like track u or something b ready to make full payment( some places tho).

An alternative is to b lucky enough to get someone who has a two bedroom and wants to rent out one of the bedrooms to u.

Or if u know someone there... The person can get an apartment in his or her name for u... Nd u pay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2015
LI

Awwwww... I'm getting emotional right now... Congratulations dear... Wish u luck at d poe and also delivery of ur baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by vamum: 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
firsttymum:
r u like an agent

My dear, everyone doesn't need to be an agent, Stop being overly suspicious of everyone. Have a couple of family members that have made inquires like you probably have done too with your family members and the quotes I sent to them were way to high.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by vamum: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mumof2boys:

Wetin be your own?

I run down o! Justwise has seen competition for moderator grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adebuble(f): 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
kiboe:
Hello house,any Houston bound mum this October?

yes, myself and i know of someone else.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Congratulations twingirls and LI.
I love good news! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
favoredgal:

Pls what teaching hospital is this

It's University of Benin and Port-harcourt. I know it's also available in other teaching hospital in Naija at affordable rates.
Buh you have to request for it during your. Antenatal clinic so that they can make plans to be present during your labour early do it and care for you.
Despite this, women still like to show their strength of motherhood and win a title of an Hebrew woman by taking Labour pains

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2015
uptown17:
I don't know how pm's work, but you can send me one let me see if I can access it. I rented a shared 2 bedroom in southwest houston for 700$. Came furnished with my toilet/bath but had to share the kitchen. About 20mins drive to oakbend
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adebuble(f): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
shrekandfiona:

I don't know how pm's work, but you can send me one let me see if I can access it. I rented a shared 2 bedroom in southwest houston for 700$. Came furnished with my toilet/bath but had to share the kitchen. About 20mins drive to oakbend

please was it just that apartment or there are more like that, am also interested.

thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
Someone just sent me a pm, am sorry still don't know how to access pm's. You can send a mail to shrekshrek70@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello house, congrats to all successful Interviews and POEs. May God make is easy for us remaining.

@Firsty Mum, am still waiting for the update O. You can PM me plssss!!!! Thanks in anticipation. Expecting the grand entry of LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
Adebuble:

please was it just that apartment or there are more like that, am also interested.

thank you
Well am back in Naija but a resident got the accommodation for me. Send a mail to shrekshrek70@gmail.com for her contact. That is what she does I guess. Saw your pm but don't know how pm's work

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.