Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892076 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
Happymum213 God is great more testimonies coming ur way... Ur POE will b a breeze

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
shawlar:

@olokings, I take it that u processed the passport at the Dallas passport office...? Whats the procedure like..?? Any tips..??
Is there any1 one here who processed theirs @ the houston passport office..? Kindly share ur experience. Thanks

Call passport agency on 8774872778 to book an appointment
Go to d Houston passport agency 1919 Smith street Houston 77002 on d scheduled date
Go with the following documents (check http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/English.html)

It can b ready see day if u go before 12 noon
Cost $165 for expedited
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
favoredgal:

so after 3 weeks of silence, i was called to come for interview @ the embassy any monday or wed. i went in today. saw one preggie and she was granted.

then he said thanks for being very honest with us. we appreciate honesty anytime. Have a safe delivery your visa is approved

YAY. LOL
honesty pays...

Congratulations darling....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
So lemme update on my account opening search details... Don't know if I'm allowed to state d name of the bank it's called First convenience bank

Chequing account
Minimum balance is $100 if u wanna avoid the monthly charge.
Or u swipe ur card 8 times.
The bank charges 25c for money order
Instant debit card. The main debit card will b mailed to you.
$10 if u av to receive a deposit for naija for example
Means of identification is ur passport

No extra or other charges

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by free2naira: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
akelvin:
Any december houston bound mum leaving nov

Yeah. Ma wife. Pm me. Meanwhile in another news I made reservation at pampered stay for ma wife. Paid $500 for security deposit. Fortunately a frnd has offered ma wife a good deal in Alabama and free accommodation. I called pampered stay to refund my $500 but d lady declined. She said is either I use their facility or I forfeit the security deposit. @firsttymum pls advice me on how to get ma money back. 500 usd na big money o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
firsttymum:

Call passport agency on 8774872778 to book an appointment
Go to d Houston passport agency 1919 Smith street Houston 77002 on d scheduled date
Go with the following documents (check http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/English.html)

It can b ready see day if u go before 12 noon
Cost $165 for expedited

Thanks @firsttymum,... Thanks @olokings..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
free2naira:

Yeah. Ma wife. Pm me. Meanwhile in another news I made reservation at pampered stay for ma wife. Paid $500 for security deposit. Fortunately a frnd has offered ma wife a good deal in Alabama and free accommodation. I called pampered stay to refund my $500 but d lady declined. She said is either I use their facility or I forfeit the security deposit. @firsttymum pls advice me on how to get ma money back. 500 usd na big money o!
you can negotiate with them to give you atleast part of it. security deposit means the have held the apartment for you and it will be a business loss for them that you didn't show up

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
free2naira:

lol.. It's funny u mentioned my name... I wish I can help.

Anyway compare prices to know which is cheaper for u nd more convenient for her.... If u r add plus Hospital bill nd transportation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gorgeouswoman: 12:27am On Oct 08, 2015
firsttymum:
6 months... It's written on the site
thanks for the response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:32am On Oct 08, 2015
sayoberry:
Congrats to all the visas andd babies.

Abeg if una see promo ticket alert me o.

Justwise! Iyawo nko?

Ask Phema, apparently she delivered one to my village but i haven't seen jack grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 1:41am On Oct 08, 2015
How will you see when you've been dodging the village and doing police here!
Time to handover, enough detectives on this thread grin

justwise:
[/b]

Ask Phema, apparently she delivered one to my village but i haven't seen jack grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 1:54am On Oct 08, 2015
Thank you. Am on point

Amother4life:

Yes. You write in full in the box provided.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 2:38am On Oct 08, 2015
olokings:
Hi hi.
Yeah I used the dallas passport office as presumed.
I just appointment scheduled and walked in filled the form (with wifey n baby) head out checked and submitted.
Went back same day (after abt 3 hrs) to pick it up.

It was all a breeze.

* terese69 detailed an extremely quick procedure on how to get ur BC n passport in less than a week from birthing. ..seriously speaking. ....

*in other news. ..so I went to the pain mgt office for negotiations as regards my epidural and I got an easy discounted deal from $1500 down n I paid $1,000.00
Could have even gotten out for $800.00 if I had been a wee bit greedy. .hehe.
Double thanks to terese69 on that again. ..#winks

cc favoredgal

Aaaaaaaawwww..... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mumkay: 3:57am On Oct 08, 2015
drfdee:
Am in houston already and am lookin for somone to share an aparyment wiv.

Same here,already in Houston though now using Methodist hospital sugarland

quote author=mumkay post=36097904]Quite new here and I appreciate all d info I have gotten from dis trend.I am an Oct mum but will be travelling second week in Sept will likely use Oakbend or WHMC.I need ur advise on accommodation,preferably an apartment.Any mom heading same direction shod pls try lets hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 6:47am On Oct 08, 2015
olokings:

cc favoredgal

Nice one man!!!! Guess everything is worth a try
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 6:55am On Oct 08, 2015
Gagat:

It might have been this expensive in Naija probably becos you used a private hospital. It was #15k in a teaching hospital by an anaesthetist in 2013 without any problem.

Pls what teaching hospital is this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2015
shelly23:
How will you see when you've been dodging the village and doing police here!
Time to handover, enough detectives on this thread grin

grin grin dem send you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akelvin(f): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2015
@free2naira;sent u pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2015
Marchmum:

So San Antonio prospective mamas I have been on the phone all day and I am happy with my results. I just have to go with the doctors, hospital reviews and my gut in choosing as the average hospital cost is $3000 and doctors fee from $2005-$2500

I will come back with a detailed post of costs and names. If we
are allowed to post it on here.

Pls do!!! I don't really get this my aunt at all! She is just saying come first the hospitals here r way cheaper than HOUSTON without accurate info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2015
Hello y'all...
So the contact I reached out to for ETC apparently is not responding to his calls or text.

Please if anyone could be kind enough to PM me an adequate channel to acquire ETC for my boi as I wanna get this sorted out before I. Leave here in a few.

Tnx n best regards.

In other highlights,
DEFCON 3 activated....ghen! Ghen!! Ghen!!!.. cool cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by brokewaist(f): 11:45am On Oct 08, 2015
favoredgal:

Pls what teaching hospital is this

@ UPTH in 2012 I paid 10k for epidural
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drfdee: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
Pls contact me on this number 13464008620 asap or fdee99@yahoo.com.thanks

quote author=mumkay post=38770767][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lialian: 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello everyone,

Has anyone traveled on the ESTA visa ? could you please share your POE experience..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lialian:
Hello everyone,

Has anyone traveled on the ESTA visa ? could you please share your POE experience..

type it into the search box. i know iv read at least 2 experiences

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
firsttymum:
So lemme update on my account opening search details... Don't know if I'm allowed to state d name of the bank it's called First convenience bank

Chequing account
Minimum balance is $100 if u wanna avoid the monthly charge.
Or u swipe ur card 8 times.
The bank charges 25c for money order
Instant debit card. The main debit card will b mailed to you.
$10 if u av to receive a deposit for naija for example
Means of identification is ur passport

No extra or other charges

bank pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
brokewaist:

@ UPTH in 2012 I paid 10k for epidural

ok but 2012 is 3 plus years ago though

thanks for the info, i did not even know that teaching hospitals administered epidural
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gracemum: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nope.
jumman:

Did airfrance ask for your fit to fly?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drfdee: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
Please who know a very very affordable hospital for delivery in Maryland for somone working wiv a very tight budget.......tanx

quote author=Gorgeouswoman post=38769734]thanks for the response. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Maryland n tyt budget are parallel! ....

drfdee:
Please who know a very very affordable hospital for delivery in Maryland for somone working wiv a very tight budget.......tanx

quote author=Gorgeouswoman post=38769734]thanks for the response.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
For those who need PTA, Union bank is selling currently sold at 199.5

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.