Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892261 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 3:54pm On May 07, 2015
twizzie:
@Happymum, I think Nita has answered you well. I stayed in Ocotillo and it is quite close to the hospital and airport... Monterra too is on the same road but It isn't furnished. I would advise you to do east Oak tho, its about 3 stops from Ocotillo as well but just opp some stores like burlington n Ross et al.Also, there's internet available (wifi) but in Ocotillo, you have to get yours..You will need to get kitchen utensils and maybe a tv in Ocotillo..The TV na small thing as you can get one in the goodwill store for one dollar.. Believe me, I got one bigggggg tv for a dollar.. I left it there when I was leaving.. Not sure about kitchen utensils in East oak tho..Most importantly, try and meet up with other nairalander mamas there.. They are lifesavers!

Ok,thank you so much. I appreciate.lol@ $1 per tv
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 4:01pm On May 07, 2015
Arisbel:
I have always wanted to use the best Doctors and Medical facilities If you buy Turkish airline ticket you are entitled to a one night hotel lodging at Istanbul upon arrival from US and if you pay for transit visa which is 40 Dollars. Then upon arrival at Istanbul from Nigeria while waiting for your flight to US you are entitled to meal ticket. Know your right and get to enjoy all cos you learn a lot when you travel, great exposure too.

Your account is enlightening but the bolded is really helpful to ME,( booked TA cos it was the cheapest of ALL abuja airlines by about $500+ for my July date to chicago). I've been skeptical about them cos the Yelp reviews about TA had me scratching my head &asking myself if they are really licensed to fly in EU & USA cos they are HARSH.

Though I've flown a few intn'l airlines, I don't have a high standard cos Arik & Aero will cure you of any illusion about flying and lower any bar you set but the reviews were scary.

Pity I won't be able to enjoy the one night lodging on the return leg cos the layover is just about 75mins, wish it could be extended to the 7hr layover 1st leg to US part of the journey, the meal tix is an ok compensation.
Better than nothing.. Thx.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 4:05pm On May 07, 2015
Arisbel:
Hello Happy Mum, am currently at Legacy suites and is it a good place and I also for discount like other Nigerian Mum paying monthly. For POE, I used Delta so we my POE was Atlanta. It was stress free and will post my story later. I didn't carry food stuff cos I didn't want to stress my self carrying load. But if you have energy you can carry food stuff.

Ok,thank you so much. Please how much is one bedroom and also two bedrooms inclusive of tax and the extended stay discount @ legacy suite? It looks like a very nice place too. Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 4:18pm On May 07, 2015
Ok,thanks a lot. Please what's the current rate for a one bedroom and also a two bedroom @ legacy suites(inclusive of tax and the extended stay discount)? Thanks
[quote author=Arisbel post=33507455]Hello Happy Mum, am currently at Legacy suites and is it a good place and I also for discount like other Nigerian Mum paying monthly. For POE, I used Delta so we my POE was Atlanta. It was stress free and will post my story later. I didn't carry food stuff cos I didn't want to stress my self carrying load. But if you have energy you can carry food stuff.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 07, 2015
mamakady:

i spoke with the lady first so the email was just to confirm my email so she can send the estimate
Thanks sis, please how long did it take for you to get a response, or can you help with the phone number if I need to call before she response.
I appreciate your response.

Thanks or can you Pm I don't kno how to do it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 4:30pm On May 07, 2015
Hello people of NL ,

please do we have anyone who has traveled to US through New York Kennedy and to connect through New york Newark for the next flight?
I will like to know how far is the two airport and how can one connect is it a walk over or by train or taxi.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 5:05pm On May 07, 2015
Hello dear what's ESA?

Happymum:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate. Just used the search button on this thread and it seems crossland is close to shops and all but nobody has mentioned anything about ESA. Please is it closer to shops than crossland?thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 5:31pm On May 07, 2015
Nita2013:
Hello dear what's ESA?

Extended stay America. Gets me confuse because I don't know if it includes crossland and legacy suites. Please do you have any ideal how much legacy suites cost( 1bedroom and 2 bedroom)? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 5:40pm On May 07, 2015
Newark is in New Jersey not New York. Are you sure it's not New York Kennedy and then La Guardia?

hadetola:
Hello people of NL ,

please do we have anyone who has traveled to US through New York Kennedy and to connect through New york Newark for the next flight?
I will like to know how far is the two airport and how can one connect is it a walk over or by train or taxi.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by aye88: 6:00pm On May 07, 2015
DFJ12:
Pls where in virginia are u?planning to use Virginia too ard norfolk.

I didn't stay in Virginia. Stayed in Maryland but the hospital is at alexandria Virginia which is just about 20mins drive awayy from my location in maryland
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 6:25pm On May 07, 2015
Extended Stay includes crossland and also d one at east oak. I don't av any info on legacy suits but heard many naija mamas r there presently. It's also far from d hospital from what I heard. Y I didn't suggest it to u cos u said u r avin twins so consider d stress too from Legacy Suite.

U can use google map to find out d distance from legacy suite to d hospital using bus and usin cab. But a mama that was goin to stay there changed her mind that cab fare to and from d hospital is about $60-$70 don't kno how true it is though.

But in all consider ur twins after birth cos u ll only use cab to avoid d stress.

Happymum:

Extended stay America. Gets me confuse because I don't know if it includes crossland and legacy suites. Please do you have any ideal how much legacy suites cost( 1bedroom and 2 bedroom)? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DFJ12: 6:37pm On May 07, 2015
aye88:
ohhh ok.Tank u so much.

I didn't stay in Virginia. Stayed in Maryland but the hospital is at alexandria Virginia which is just about 20mins drive awayy from my location in maryland
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 6:47pm On May 07, 2015
It's My POE is new york Kennedy and i am to connect ftom new york newark. I want to know how will i connect and whatscthr distance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 6:49pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=shelly23 post=33514913]Newark is in New Jersey not New York. Are you sure it's not New York Kennedy and then La Guardia?

[/quote ]
my POE is new York kennedy and I am to connect from new york Newark to Nashville m anybody with this kind of experience. How do I connet and what's the distance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Arisbel(f): 7:00pm On May 07, 2015
You are welcome and i wish you a safe trip.

(quote author=modath post=33511993]

Your account is enlightening but the bolded is really helpful to ME,( booked TA cos it was the cheapest of ALL abuja airlines by about $500+ for my July date to chicago). I've been skeptical about them cos the Yelp reviews about TA had me scratching my head &asking myself if they are really licensed to fly in EU & USA cos they are HARSH.

Though I've flown a few intn'l airlines, I don't have a high standard cos Arik & Aero will cure you of any illusion about flying and lower any bar you set but the reviews were scary.

Pity I won't be able to enjoy the one night lodging on the return leg cos the layover is just about 75mins, wish it could be extended to the 7hr layover 1st leg to US part of the journey, the meal tix is an ok compensation.
Better than nothing.. Thx.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 7:02pm On May 07, 2015
Nita2013:
Extended Stay includes crossland and also d one at east oak. I don't av any info on legacy suits but heard many naija mamas r there presently. It's also far from d hospital from what I heard. Y I didn't suggest it to u cos u said u r avin twins so consider d stress too from Legacy Suite.

U can use google map to find out d distance from legacy suite to d hospital using bus and usin cab. But a mama that was goin to stay there changed her mind that cab fare to and from d hospital is about $60-$70 don't kno how true it is though.

But in all consider ur twins after birth cos u ll only use cab to avoid d stress.

You are very correct,thank you so much my sister,i appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:07pm On May 07, 2015
hadetola:
Hello people of NL ,

There are shuttle buses that ply both airports
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:08pm On May 07, 2015
shelly23:
Newark is in New Jersey not New York. Are you sure it's not New York Kennedy and then La Guardia?

It's like Ikeja and Berger. Newark is not so far from New York.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Arisbel(f): 7:31pm On May 07, 2015
One bedroom: For weekly you get $209/229, for monthly rate you get $729 ($961.49 tax inclusive plus you get refunded some money when leaving if the conditions of the room you stayed at is ok). And you pay with your credit card or money order not cash. Will get info for two bedrooms and send to you later except someone on this thread can help us or check previous posts.

Happymum:
Ok,thanks a lot. Please what's the current rate for a one bedroom and also a two bedroom @ legacy suites(inclusive of tax and the extended stay discount)? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fizzywah(m): 8:12pm On May 07, 2015
hadetola:
Hello people of NL ,

2-3 hours depending on traffic on the day. New York and Newark in the State of New Jersey are very close. There is a shuttle service called NYC Airporter and I'll be using their service on the same route myself to Houston in August.

Price fluctuates between $13 - $30. Last I checked it was $27. Great deal. Check them out here: http://www.nycairporter.com/OurServices/NewarkAirportShuttle.aspx

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 8:36pm On May 07, 2015
Arisbel:
One bedroom: For weekly you get $209/229, for monthly rate you get $729 ($961.49 tax inclusive plus you get refunded some money when leaving if the conditions of the room you stayed at is ok). And you pay with your credit card or money order not cash. Will get info for two bedrooms and send to you later except someone on this thread can help us or check previous posts.

Ok,thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 9:57pm On May 07, 2015
augustmom2be:
good day all. Pls is dere anyone in d house who has used d visiting visa for birthing successfully. I mean without writing to d embassy for change of intent?

Well I used mine without writing the embassy.
Got the visa in 2012 for vacation, travelled and went back last year to have my baby. No one asked any questions about it. I just renewed via drop box in January.
Honestly I didn't know anything about change of intent until I joined Nairaland. To be on the safe side I think you should just write them.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 10:05pm On May 07, 2015
zeezahbee:
Metro is $1.25 , you have probably been using the metro park and ride bus.
really, pardon me o, I can't really remember again ooo. Abi I paid the $2.50 for 2people, dunno again angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by fola62: 10:39pm On May 07, 2015
Marylandmama:
[color=#000099][/color]

Maryland is really expensive to give birth. You can try shady groove adventist hospital. Their range is arnd 7,000 dollars. Laurel regional hospital is like 6, 000 dollars. I used Howard County hospital in columbia, they gave us an estimate of 8, 500 for virginal delivery and down payment of 5, 000 dollars upon registration. I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights, had a normal delivery without epidural and total cost for mysef and my baby for 2 nights amounted to 6, 200 dollars. I think they give u estimate but u might not pay up to that amt if there's no complication. Ped fee was 290 dollars. Choice of hospital also depends on where you are staying in Maryland. You can PM me for more details.

Hello Maryland Mama

Please I need your urgent help/Information as per Howard County General Hospital.
How much was the Doctors fee and what other bills did you pay for (like Anastasia, blood work, office visits, ultrasound scan etc).

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
In all, what was your total bill.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marylandmama: 11:39pm On May 07, 2015
fola62:

Hello Maryland Mama

Please I need your urgent help/Information as per Howard County General Hospital.
How much was the Doctors fee and what other bills did you pay for (like Anastasia, blood work, office visits, ultrasound scan etc).

Kind Regards

Hello fola62, I have replied ur PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 12:08am On May 08, 2015
modath:

Better than nothing.. Thx.

Turkish use 737 for abuja and kano routes. Small plane with tight leg space. You should have broken the return journey though, I did that and I almost passed out(new york -istanbul-kano 17 hrs)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by aadeg: 2:45am On May 08, 2015
fola62:

Hello Maryland Mama

Kind Regards

We requested same information from HCGH last week. The hospital quote is still 8500 for normal birth with 2 night stay. Our pregnant guest will be using Signature OB/GYN just next to the hospital in Columbia. We have a quote for 3600 for doctor fees for normal birth from signature OB. this is not including anesthesia, labs or ultrasound.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 3:29am On May 08, 2015
ozycy:
really, pardon me o, I can't really remember again ooo. Abi I paid the $2.50 for 2people, dunno again angry
Your card is non-transferable. It can only work for one person even if u tap twice, it's just 1.25

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 6:05am On May 08, 2015
ifax:

Turkish use 737 for abuja and kano routes. Small plane with tight leg space. You should have broken the return journey though, I did that and I almost passed out(new york -istanbul-kano 17 hrs)

Oh, you mean I should have done a longer layover and pass the night or something of that nature?? I'm getting worried again cos I'm gonna be coming back with baby.

The short return layover was a cool point with me before now cos I'm not a patient "waiter" and also not a fan of wandering around airport lounges,what options are there?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 9:50am On May 08, 2015
modath:

Oh, you mean I should have done a longer layover and pass the night or something of that nature?? I'm getting worried again cos I'm gonna be coming back with baby.

The short return layover was a cool point with me before now cos I'm not a patient "waiter" and also not a fan of wandering around airport lounges,what options are there?

You should try and break up the journey especially because you'll be coming back with a baby. Spend a day or 2 in istanbul not just airport layover. But if you feel you can manage, then give it a go
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QuickHomeBuyers: 9:50am On May 08, 2015
Hello all. Who knows of any diamond bank branch in lagos that has pta at the moment? My wife and I are travelling on Sunday and all the branches I have been to on the mainland said they don't have. Pls help abeg. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.