Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892220 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 9:50am On May 11, 2015
hotmummy2015:

welcome sha post your detailed documentation process when the time comes biko smiley

all the best

I will. Thanks @boldbabe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:23am On May 11, 2015
sucre26:

Hi, was just about to share my POE story. It was God all through. my POE was Atlanta. I wanted to show my e-mail correspondence with Alicia but I was only asked why I was in the US, where I work, how much I had with me and my address. That was it.
Between I Don't underestimate the validity of what the POE officer stamped on my passport. Il attach the picture.

There is supposed to be a second stamp that will show when you are to leave. If not check your I-94 on i94.cbp.dhs.gov to know how long you should be in US for.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:32am On May 11, 2015
Hello, please can you share details of the accommodation you used? I am using Dr F too

feddy27:

My POE was Minneapolis. You don't need any letter from Oakbend, Dr F is all you need. My flight was Klm frm lag to Houston via Minneapolis. As regards cost, your situation and options is what determines the total amount.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:46am On May 11, 2015
Hello All,

Please can someone paste the email address to send the email of the change of intent to.
Also, what are the responses from the embassy after the email is sent?

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:56am On May 11, 2015
WeirdMe:

Hello All,

Please can someone paste the email address to send the email of the change of intent to.

Thanks.

Someone already did, once, twice, thrice already...

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 10:59am On May 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

Someone already did, once, twice, thrice already...

We don't read anymore! We just ask over repeated questions. Anyways, let me continue munching my ice cubes.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 11:03am On May 11, 2015
WeirdMe:

Hello All,

Thanks.

abeg go back 2 pages and read.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:04am On May 11, 2015
sucre26:

Thank you. She gave me an estimate and I told her the date il be coming to the US, so she also booked me for an appointment with the doctor. I printed everything
r
Thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 11:06am On May 11, 2015
Hi Peeeps, all the Houston POE mamas that were successful should please respond so we know that it is also possible for successful POE directly to Houston. I believe POE just like VISA interview is Prayer and then have proper documentation, favor to us all. angry grin angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 11:13am On May 11, 2015
@hotmummy2015, Please how much is the cost of the hospital? A frd of mine just told me about the hospital today in Atlanta. i am thinking of using the Hospital.

xxxx

hotmummy2015:
After struggling to find decent accommodation in Cunming Georgia, and reading some horrible reviews of the few extended stay hotels I found that were closest to my hospital ( Northside hospital - forsyth campus) I also couldn't get an apartment for lease cos the minimum lease term was 6months with strict cancelation rules and I only needed three months!!!

I have now found one in Alpharetta Georgia via www.airbnb.com at $697 per month cheesy very fantastic in my opinion, anyone who doesn't have close family can try the site as well as other extended stay hotels that have fair reviews - not the type that has drug dealers etc

just thot to share

xxxx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 11:18am On May 11, 2015
Kindly search for change of intent thru the search box or go to thread 96 u will see it there.

WeirdMe:

Hello All,

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 11:22am On May 11, 2015
THANK YOU JARE...YOU SPOKE WELL...Did they know you were pregnant? did u dress preggy?

DeeandGLady:
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!! GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE AND IS STILL DOING.

I arrived houston Safe Yesterday with the Almighty IAH Houston as my POE. But God Favored was upon me.
I will be back with my Journey and POE experience. But here is what I have to say to people running away from Houston as POE, FEAR NOT and make that move, Pray and God will favour you like he did for me. I spent 5 mins with CBP officer at POE and 5 mins with agriculture. No Question about doctor or hospital was asked talk more of Document asked for, NO Secondary Inspection, My bag wasn't open at all, I was stamped in for 6 months. Surprised right!!!!! Yes am talking about houston IAH POE. So my houston mama trust God but also get prepared cos I was but God favor was upon me. I WILL BE BACK.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:35am On May 11, 2015
dyout:
@hotmummy2015, Please how much is the cost of the hospital? A frd of mine just told me about the hospital today in Atlanta. i am thinking of using the Hospital.

xxxx

Vaginal delivery - 3,640
CS- 4200
Excludes doctors fees , paedtrician, labtests etc
estimates as at march when I was sent the price list
email price.estimate@northside.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:47am On May 11, 2015
Thanks @shimk @nefertitiram @dyout

I've gotten the embassy email address. However, I would like to know what responses the embassy gives. Also, what details do I need to include in the email. (Name, Passport Number) etc.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 11:52am On May 11, 2015
WeirdMe:

Hello All,

Thanks.

lagosniv@state.gov
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 12:27pm On May 11, 2015
@nerf and @Nogen,

Aint you ladies real nice, you both deserve Nobel peace prizes. You are both heroines. grin

My role models. wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 1:07pm On May 11, 2015
Also check through the thread u will some samples

WeirdMe:

I've gotten the embassy email address. However, I would like to know what responses the embassy gives. Also, what details do I need to include in the email. (Name, Passport Number) etc.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Hawttattoo: 1:22pm On May 11, 2015
WeirdMe:

Thanks in anticipation.

This is a copy of the mail I sent and their response.

Notification of intent

Dear Sir/Madam
I am writing to notify the embassy of my travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which I used for business last August. I am pregnant and we have decided to have our baby in the USA.
I have made proper arrangements by contacting a doctor and hospital for the purpose and we have adequate finances to cover all the expenses.
I understand that my visa covers for the purpose but I would like to request that you kindly update my records to reflect this information. Also advise if there any other thing I should know.

Their reply:

Thank you for your notification. Before you travel to the United States to have a child you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival. Healthcare in the United States is expensive. Costs associated with child birth are high and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received. Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

I got the sample from here. I can't remember who posted it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 1:47pm On May 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

There is supposed to be a second stamp that will show when you are to leave. If not check your I-94 on i94.cbp.dhs.gov to know how long you should be in US for.

Will check now. Thanks
Can you please crosscheck the website? Its saying webpage not available
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:53pm On May 11, 2015
sucre26:

Will check now. Thanks
Can you please crosscheck the website? Its saying webpage not available

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html;jsessionid=ST2HVQlffLVrBT1nB21Mr5J9SrTHTT1YksBsFPj9cWv4ymf1XwL8!975261647
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamades: 1:53pm On May 11, 2015
@hotmummy2015]

pls is this apartment fully funished?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:00pm On May 11, 2015
modath:

@nerf and @Nogen,

Aint you ladies real nice, you both deserve Nobel peace prizes. You are both heroines. grin

My role models. wink

All these ice cubes we are sharing... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tosyne1808: 2:03pm On May 11, 2015
lala4sure:
Hi guys, please any houston cheap tickets promo for early june? I still haven't bought my ticket as I am still hoping for awoff grin
Again who's got an idea of dollar rate and black market too? And is it advisable to go with the total cash looking at the card hacking issues?
Finally, for those using oakbend and dr Fab please what other documents does he send for POE aside the normal one with the fees details and what POE is recommended for houston bound mum considering that I got my B1/B2 visa last year as a student and I was not pregnant and didn't use it for the purpose I got it for (School trip). Although I have emailed both London and Abuja embassy and I got same generic reply

@lala4sure

how are you doing,i just read the thread, am also looking to go to houston in 2nd week june and i havent bought my ticket,have yyou had any luck with it yet?also most importanty do you have have an email for dr fab of oakland,i havent dcided yet but will like to get an all inclusive bill to help mak e up my mind..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 2:05pm On May 11, 2015
MY STORY (Sorry Ohh its long)

About 36 hrs to my flight devil struck went to get something na so I black out (Collapsed) and fell. Sprained my foot badly was taken to the hospital, they ran some test and checked the baby, Baby was fine but my glucose level and Blood pressure was a bit low. My Doc gave me med and asked me to go rest at home and come back in the morning.
Morning I was checked again and he said I was okay and could still travel.
My leg sprain was bad as I could hardly walk without support. Thank God I already requested for wheel chair service.
Left for the airport again, see hold up for Lagos that evening, got to airport about 1:15mins to flight, KLM staff told me counter closed, I have missed the flight (Looking lost, I was surprised ohh I saw some people pleading, begging those ones came before me sef) but the lady insisted and said she couldn’t help and there was nothing she could do.
She looked at me and said Iya Ibeji why are u late now, what happened to my leg, I told her hold up but I had checked in already online, she said really? She checked and said oh that is true and I also requested wheelchair service right I said yes, She asked them to tag my bags and they brought the wheelchair service, na so other people dey say aha this woman just came now, the lady said she has checked in and she is using wheelchair services so she will pass protocol and get on board shortly (see me see them ooo na same canoe we enter?). Well I was wheeled straight to the plane ooo the lady wheeling me handled all my immigration process.
KLM flight was excellent services (I couldn’t cope with the food sef It was too much), leg room great. Got to Amsterdam and was wheeled to KLM Reserved Lounge to rest for 3hrs cos my Houston flight had 4hrs wait, I slept well at the lounge and was wheeled 50 mins to my flight. The immigration guy at Amsterdam just asked what happened to my leg (by then I was on my feet and he saw the way I was walking) and I told him I fell, he said oh sorry, checked my passport and said safe trip. One of the guys scanning asked if I was pregnant I said yes he told his colleagues and he said they shouldn’t pass me thru the scan machine, they just searched me manually. And I went on board.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 2:12pm On May 11, 2015
Now at HOUSTON POE

I was wheeled from the plane to the immigration guy (a black guy)
IO: Your passport and Landing card pls (Looking at me)
Me: Hello Good afternoon
IO: Good afternoon, How are you?
Me: Am fine and U?
IO: Great (Opens my passport) How long are you here for?
Me: 11 weeks
IO: what’s the purpose of your trip?
Me: To have my baby and Vacation
IO: When is the baby due?
Me: in 6 weeks
IO: (he was typing all this while then opens my passport again begins to look at the Visa’s I had in there) then said your four right fingers there, thumb, four left fingers, thumb
IO: How much do you have on you in pounds and dollars? (Like I told him I had pounds)
Me: 9,300 pounds (Made mistake to call pounds)
IO: And in dollars?
Me: Oh sorry I meant dollars, 9,300 dollars
IO: So how much do u have in pounds?
Me: Told him 12 pounds (that’s all I had) and also a few naira
IO: what do u do?
Me: Told him x,y,z (where I work)?
IO: What’s that?
Me: x,y,z does the same thing as 1,2,3 (1,2,3 is a popular American company so he can relate)
IO: Oh really, hmmm (then he stamps my passport and writes on it) and ask me Do you have food?
Me: Yes, I have (call what I had)
IO: Do you have (Calls so many things like fresh meat, milk etc)
Me: I responded No to all
IO: so why did you say yes here and here ( he was showing me my landing card)
Me: I said because I have dried fish and dry leaves
IO: dry leaves?
Me: yes some dried Vegetable leaves
IO: (He wrote dry leaves at the back of my landing card and hands me my passport and landing card) Have a safe delivery, you can go pick up your bags that way
Me: Thank you (In my head, is this is all? Houston POE? Jesus you are work I know, Thank you, Lord you have just told this again I AM IN CHARGE, he didn’t ask me for any documents? pple must here this ohh Testimony Time!!!!!!! Then I stopped to look at what he stamped me , 6 months ahh ok ohhhh, Na GOD WIN)
Me: (waited for a while for my bags to come out, Picked up my bags and left for agriculture)
IO: (At agriculture) where are you from?
Me: Nigeria
IO: Oh Nigeria!!! You have Egusi, Knorr, gala, chin chin, snail, bush meat (he just dey call dey go)
Me: yes, No, yes, no (laughing and smiling)
IO: pass your bags thru
Me: I carried my bags and placed them on the machine
IO: (Bags went thru) Ok you can pick up your bag, Safe trip, bye
Me: (In my head, He didn’t open my bags again, JESUS this is you, if to say I know I for carry my pap and pepper soup spices ohhhh na because I read say dem throw way person pepper soup spice for here, na pap dem no go throw way)
That was it Ooo Nothing more Nothing less at Houston POE

My conclusion PRAY TRUST GOD and FEAR NOT, SAY THE TRUST, GET ALL YOUR DOCS WITH YOU (you don’t wanna know the docs I had on me, Like I was going for a court case) HOUSTON POE IS NOT BAD IN MY OWN OPINION, mind you there was another preggy woman on my flight I saw her come out shortly too. Sorry for the long post Ooo, make I run too my First AP is in some few hours, AM using WHMC.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 2:14pm On May 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

All these ice cubes we are sharing... grin

My dear , the weather is too hot na. What can I do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 2:21pm On May 11, 2015
Congratulations DeeandGlady! This is what I call -Divine Favour!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tosyne1808: 2:21pm On May 11, 2015
Hello NL's am new on this forum and i have read as many of the threads as possible.I am actually looking to have my baby in the US,Houston to be precise.i currently have a B1 B2 visa which i renewed in April 2015 via Drop box,as at when i renewed my hubby and i hadnt really decided i was goin to have my baby there or not cos we were looking at the option of the UK as i have my mother in law and 2 sister in law's over there,it woulda been ideal but we considered the advantage of the passport and settled for the US, now am planning to write the embassy on the change of intent prolly next week, i wanted to ask the house if i should be the one to write the email or my husband since he's the one who wants me to go and is responsible financially.Also i havent decided on the choice of hospital as cost will be a dceiding factor grin,i have Ben Taub hospital, memeorial hermann hospital, oakbend medicalcentre, houston Northwest medical centre, west houston medicl centre.I was hoping someone will have any idea abt the costs of any of the hospitals or better still the email addresses for a doctor which i can contact to enable tidy up all the necessary requirements as am looking to buy my ticket nextweek and arrive in 2nd week june.God bless you as you respond. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:30pm On May 11, 2015
tosyne1808:
Hello NL's am new on this forum and i have read as many of the threads as possible.I am actually looking to have my baby in the US,Houston to be precise.i currently have a B1 B2 visa which i renewed in April 2015 via Drop box,as at when i renewed my hubby and i hadnt really decided i was goin to have my baby there or not cos we were looking at the option of the UK as i have my mother in law and 2 sister in law's over there,it woulda been ideal but we considered the advantage of the passport and settled for the US, now am planning to write the embassy on the change of intent prolly next week, i wanted to ask the house if i should be the one to write the email or my husband since he's the one who wants me to go and is responsible financially.Also i havent decided on the choice of hospital as cost will be a dceiding factor grin,i have Ben Taub hospital, memeorial hermann hospital, oakbend medicalcentre, houston Northwest medical centre, west houston medicl centre.I was hoping someone will have any idea abt the costs of any of the hospitals or better still the email addresses for a doctor which i can contact to enable tidy up all the necessary requirements as am looking to buy my ticket nextweek and arrive in 2nd week june.God bless you as you respond. cheesy

Welcome on board, dear.
You have 91 pages of season 2 of this USA missionary journey series to review, all the answers are within.
Email addresses of a Houston doctor is about 2 pages away.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 3:04pm On May 11, 2015
tosyne1808:

Hi,

West Houston Medical Center

Vaginal delivery - $3,000
C-Section - $4,200
C-Section with BTL - $4,500
Additional Days (Mom) - $500 per day
Additional days ICU (Baby) - $1,000 per day
Circumcision - $150

Dr La
Vaginal - $3,340
Epidural - $1,200
Pediatrics -$500
Pathology - $200
Hearing test - $326

This is as at the last time checked. Please confirm from them.

You can get their numbers online. Just google or check healthgrades.com

Best of luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tosyne1808: 3:07pm On May 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

Welcome on board, dear.
You have 91 pages of season 2 of this USA missionary journey series to review, all the answers are within.
Email addresses of a Houston doctor is about 2 pages away.

thnx for your response,i have searched all the pages with the names of the hospitals to see if they'll come up buy i havent had any luck thus far! that's y i was askies if any one of those that have used or intending to use the listed hospital can just post any those email addresses on the thread,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 11, 2015
mamades:
@hotmummy2015]

pls is this apartment fully funished?

yes na

lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.