Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,062 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN (43791 Views)

Christy Daniels, Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria International Stuns In New Pics / Precious John Nneka Goes Pantless (photos) / Olajumoke Orisaguna Featured On CNN (Photos&Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by midolian(m): 6:12am On Mar 05, 2015
HighQue007:

I would like you to admit she doesnt sings your type of music cos I listen to some of her stuff and I love it.

Compared to wizkid that sings about girls, money and all those poo..music isnt always about beats
don't mind the f00L.

How can some1 claim to be into music and stil say wizkid sings better than Nneka (ridiculous)...he obviously knows nada about good music..I ld gv nneka 70% and giv wizkid 7% if I want to be very fair to good music.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by FreeGlobe(f): 6:12am On Mar 05, 2015
messpero90:
i wonder why will smtin lyk dis make front page nairaland has dissapointed me by taking dis piece of shit 4rm a piece of shit dat nobody knows or has eva heard of by d way tiwa salvage i know, yemi alade i know, cynthia morgan i know, seyi shey i know but who the hell is Nneka bcaus here in pakistan we dont know her.
you must be stuck in a deep village there in pakistan. Those coackroaches you know are praying to get on nneka's level which is almost impossible. Google her and cure your ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by kilokeys(m): 6:12am On Mar 05, 2015
deb:

She doesn't even do music for small brains like yours. She is in the class of the Ashas of this world; an international artiste far above your average Nigerian artiste. Highly acceptable rock musician across the world. So much so granted an interview by CNN

Oga what have you done with your life? I haven't even heard about you galaxy

never ever compare nneka to asa.. dem no b mate.
and what does it have to do with me?

u see d nigerian mind.. ( u learnt that nagging from ur mother i guess) by derailing this convo, asking me what i have done with my life
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by Humblebloke(m): 6:12am On Mar 05, 2015
Nicee.... Not everyone of em' has been compromised!

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by isacolukay(m): 6:13am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:

only a fool doesn't know the problems of Nigeria. whats with the westernised paparazzi?
arent we solving the problem of boko haram without the US?
have u ever seen drake on NTA or AIT criticising the American govt ( we know they have shortfalls).

isnt it from the like of these silly interviews we get ratings as the worst this and that...?

Patroitism is nt destructive criticism

and the funniest part of these whole thing is, most pple like u and nneka that criticize d present govt do nt have solid evidence, no facts, no concrete data.. just hearsays from the streets..

very silly

Bro, u made very good points but u still ended it with the s word.

First of all, I don't listen to Drake and the likes of him. If u had mentioned Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Gravediggaz or even 2Pac, perhaps we could further our arguments from there.

By the way, mentioning societal ills does not give us negative ratings, other factors like unemployment rate, inavailability of basic social amenities, poverty rate, gross corruption from the elites (to mention a few) give us these ratings.

Are you of the opinion that societal ills should be swept under the carpet? And that everyone should fold their hands as if nothing has happened?
If I am to start with reasons why this government should be criticized, we might both be late for work. So I won't even go there. And it would be tantamount to derailing from the issue at hand.
Have a good morning bro.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by kilokeys(m): 6:16am On Mar 05, 2015
isacolukay:

Bro, u made very good points but u still ended it with the s word.

First of all, I don't listen to Drake and the likes of him. If u had mentioned Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Gravediggaz or even 2Pac, perhaps we could further our arguments from there.

By the way, mentioning societal ills does not give us negative ratings, other factors like unemployment rate, inavailability of basic social amenities, poverty rate, gross corruption from the elites (to mention a few) give us these ratings.

Are you of the opinion that societal ills should be swept under the carpet? And that everyone should fold their hands as if nothing has happened?
If I am to start with reasons why this government should be criticized, we might both be late for work. So I won't even go there. And it would be tantamount to derailing from the issue at hand.
Have a good morning bro.

this is where i Secretly wish u both were talking about North korea this way in north korea..
u go plant rice tire..

all i ask is, if u dont have solutions, dont criticize.. and for the records

nobody can solve our problems for us.
not even CNN
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by midolian(m): 6:16am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:

wizkid's Ayo (joy) beats all her songs put together..

she is a lauryn hill wannabe and she falls short terribly

and u don't know me.. ask

i am a dextrous guitarist. check instagram for my clips
i know music
she just rants about the ills of d society. very discordant melodies, terrible rythm

she isnt up to the standard of bez, asa, nosa.. name them
I am sorry bro, but you know nada about good music. A very big shame on you to have said you are into music and stil publicly claim wizkid sings better than nneka (ridiculous).

I am so disappointed in you.
*spits*

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by FreeGlobe(f): 6:17am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:

then i should squat, ready to lay the eggs.
oponu
get the hell outta here dummy. You irritate me

3 Likes

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:

i know music
she just rants about the ills of d society. very discordant melodies, terrible rythm

This post is irritating.

3 Likes

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by SirShymexx: 6:18am On Mar 05, 2015
I just had to log on cos of the utter ignorance on this thread.

You have got the brightest and most talented proper musician out of the country giving her thought provoking opinions on the international stage. However, rather than laud her - it is all about pulling her down with inane and utterly asinine and ignorant posts from clowns who know fvck all about what music and being a musician is - hysterical.

That is the same way you lot keep trying to destroy Dbanj - the only recognised one from the shitty and redundant noise called "music" coming out of that country. The black mind is pure evil with Ph.D (pull him down) syndrome. It is a pity civilisation eluded most of you smfdh.

5 Likes

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by nextstep(m): 6:18am On Mar 05, 2015
The nature of politics...

There is more that needs to be done, no doubt, but given all the challenges, any fair person would say the man has tried:

He's not high handed or brutish, he seeks consensus, appears to genuinely have the nation's interest at heart, is fair and balanced to all sections of Nigeria, has more women in powerful positions than any other country claiming to be "gender friendly", seeks long term solutions instead of jumping to conclusions, realizes there's more to boko haram than a ragtag bunch of rebels, has performed better than most predecessors, nurtures our democracy, and has brought credibility and honour to the post of Nigeria's presidency in the eyes of the world.... I could go on.

Nobody is perfect, but to give the man failing mark because he didn't perform 100% is simply not fair. Nigeria is better today than it was 20 years, or 10 years ago... In spite of the challenges, who can honestly see what's happening on the ground and give the man failing marks?

For someone as smart, talented and broad thinking as she is, I would have expected a more balanced (if positive) assessment of the situation. I must also say I'm disappointed in Seun Kuti. I'm not his father's son, yet I disagree with them both that Baba would be disappointed. Fela was fair and balanced and would criticize what was wrong, at the same time acknowledge what was right.

Allow me to rant a little: Nigeria isn't the best country yet, but it is undeniably moving in the right direction. Instead of always condemning what we don't have, we should also praise what we have. We complain about illiteracy, but we have more educated Nigerians than there are British people. We complain about education, yet there are more primary school children than there are Greek people. We complain about the negative impact of oil on our economy, forgetting that the money spent on pure water alone can cover half the government budget. We complain about bad roads, but what about all the good ones? We complain that we're still importing food, what about all the food we don't import? We complain about the negative aspects of nollywood, what about the fact that nollywood is widening the minds of people around the world, exposing them to our wonderfully crazy culture, our big hearts, our mansions, our beautiful girls, and our expensive lifestyles.

It's so easy to sit comfortably and criticize the actions of our leadership and all the hardworking Nigerians who, behind the scenes, ensure that you can:

be educated well enough at home to enter universities abroad
in fact, you are among the highest educated and best qualified immigrants to the US
have enough diplomatic clout to travel to pretty much any country with and without visa
you can buy and sell, and be free to do any business, anywhere in the world
you are well fed so you have enough energy to criticize
you have way more legitimate black billionaires than the US
You have a much more humane and happy life than most other countries, in spite of material lack.

We need to stop looking to our old colonial masters for answers and direction, and realize that we too have come of age. This generation of Nigerians are not the same as 50 years ago. We're proud, independent, unrepentant, and will prove to the world that since they don't have two heads, we too will achieve what they have.

Stop being an apologist, trying to please others. Stop being unfaithful to Nigeria. Stop doubting Nigeria. Stop amplifying problems. Dig in and help Nigeria grow!

You can either continue telling us we can't get there, or you can help us get there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by kelztheimpaler(m): 6:19am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:

i know music

Hey thats not true..... I know Nneka and i know that she is a good musician .She has nice songs. And by the way, i think she is entitled to her opinion.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by SirShymexx: 6:20am On Mar 05, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

I love Nneka. I think she is just one of the few young Nigerians who really writes music with thought provoking content. All she said about GEJ's government is also quite true. However, I must point out that sadly she wasn't the original singer of that particular beat in the Heartbeat song either.

She wrote, sang, and produced the heartbeat tune. Chase & status remixed it.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by chomygolden(f): 6:20am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:
she sings terrible songs...

if i were nigerians she would sell just four copies

one bought by her father, mother, miserable bf and she might buy the last one
You re a big goat,you re just miserable cause even nta kogi can't grant u an interview not to talk of cnn

edit: she could collabo with the likes of etcetera.. i think they would do well as bloggers.

dem talk say make all the animals wey get horn (nosa, bez, asa, timi dakolo) come meeting, snails (nneka and her likes) dey show face

she likens herself to fela?.. would fela sit to be interviewed on CNN by oyibo?
she isn't half as legend as fela.. she should stop famzing (sic)

i go lay two guinea fowl egg if this chic wins a grammy
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:
she sings terrible songs...

if i were nigerians she would sell just four copies

one bought by her father, mother, miserable bf and she might buy the last one

edit: she could collabo with the likes of etcetera.. i think they would do well as bloggers.

dem talk say make all the animals wey get horn (nosa, bez, asa, timi dakolo) come meeting, snails (nneka and her likes) dey show face

she likens herself to fela?.. would fela sit to be interviewed on CNN by oyibo?
she isn't half as legend as fela.. she should stop famzing (sic)

i go lay two guinea fowl egg if this chic wins a grammy
grammy wotu r givin her 2much credit oh pls,with d kind of trash she spits she wnt get a single african awards...
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by FreeGlobe(f): 6:24am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:

never ever compare nneka to asa.. dem no b mate.
and what does it have to do with me?

u see d nigerian mind.. ( u learnt that nagging from ur mother i guess) by derailing this convo, asking me what i have done with my life
this kid. who is asa to nneka? Nneka has been sampled by drake, rita ora etc. Featured nas, performed on david letterman show... etc tell me about asa you illiterate

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 05, 2015
HighQue007:

I would like you to admit she doesnt sings your type of music cos I listen to some of her stuff and I love it.

Compared to wizkid that sings about girls, money and all those poo..music isnt always about beats
on dis golden age music IS about beats, coz u aint dat lyrically a genius like lil wayne 2 steal out a poor beat.....
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by kelztheimpaler(m): 6:25am On Mar 05, 2015
grin grin
fritiyo:
pls who b seun and nneka?

are they Nigerian musicians?
have not heard of them before.

Pesin dey sleep untop bike
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by kilokeys(m): 6:25am On Mar 05, 2015
HighQue007:
She is saying the right thing.

exactly.. not singing..
taaa.. she should start writing blogs
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by TundeCole(m): 6:26am On Mar 05, 2015
wakacome:
[b]Terribly Her songs will terribly sound terrible to you because terribly you have a terrible way of reasoning which has terribly made you to terribly have a terrible hatred for her after she terribly said the truth about the terrible Goodluck jonathan who is the head of a terrible government controlling the nation terribly which has terribly made a lot of nigerians to terribly have a terrible life which can be terribly saddening in a terrible way.. ...am terribly sure if she had terribly said that terrible goodluck jonathan did very well you would not have terribly abuse her and terribly condemn her music in a terrible manner.....terrible hypocrisy at its peak......terribly you sounded terrible and I had to terribly reply you back in a terrible manner which could make you terribly offended and even terribly reply me back and I don't terribly care because I can be terribly harsh on people's stupidity which is terrible to humanity.....have a non-terrible night which terribly is the same way as saying have a wonderful nite terribly.grin...terribly I say unto you go and sin no more as I terribly end my reply to you in the most terrible way which suits you terribly..oops before you terribly go please let me terribly spit on your head..[/b]..

Lol! Na only u waka come?
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by lordbureson(m): 6:27am On Mar 05, 2015
Who cares if u r not cool wth gej u daughter of bitch[code][/code]
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by midolian(m): 6:27am On Mar 05, 2015
FreeGlobe:

shut the fvck up you ignorant. Those ur "people wey get horns" put together are not up to nneka's level. She's far more likely to win a grammy than any nigerian musician. Do you even know her? Take ur ignorance outta here
in fact, you and your likes in naija make me proud..I tot I was the only one that saw that "ignorant" display of "ignorance" from that m0r0n that claims to be a guitarist..its so ridiculous of him to have said that. It clearly shows he doesn't know a bit about good music..

Any sane man that says wizkid sings better than nneka bcomes insane that very moment.

4 Likes

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by Gynacologist(m): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2015
kestolove95:
Dix nneka na corrct babe...d only problem b sai...she b igbo...nneka. na d. Name azkiwe gej dey use deceive ur illiterates brother for. East o...dats y. we. Tell dem to go skool. Dem no gree. Sai na bizness dem go do
idiot....u no get sense....u go skool pass igbo or de wise base dem?
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by kilokeys(m): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2015
FreeGlobe:

this kid. who is asa to nneka? Nneka has been sampled by drake, rita ora etc. Featured nas, performed on david letterman show... etc tell me about asa you illiterate

yawns. u are an aliterate.. its cupid clear

musical perception is opinionated. i dont understand what d fuss is about.
ill break it down in simple english

i dont like Nneka

i love the rest.

if u still dont get it.. hmm i cant help u
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

why are u fooling yourself with two account?
Actually the question should be who is fooling each other between me and you??why should I have two account when I am not banned on this section??
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 05, 2015
Mayor21:
Who the hell is she?
International singer
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:

who can help me restart this faulty system.. syntax error..

when the likes of us drank from the fountain of knowledge.. u only gargled.

the worst post i have read this year.

Yeah a worst post like yours deserve another worst comment...
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 05, 2015
Simpson101:

WOW shocked shocked shocked
this comment is terribly T.E.R.R.I.B.LE, I suggest you change your moniker to terrible101...
That is a very terrible idea...I will look into it..mgrin
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by FreeGlobe(f): 6:36am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:

i dont like Nneka

i love the rest.

how can you like something you dont know? Yeah, you dont like her but you like wiz kid. We already know your mental situation and where you belong. Just stop spreading ignorance here

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by adisarasaq(m): 6:36am On Mar 05, 2015
izuch:
anybody that knows her should tell her to shut her poo hole of a mouth, if I had the chance I'll make her the president of this country for just 48hrs and see if this our great country won't crumble in 10hrs under her watch. All this small small children sha! They think presiding over the affairs of a country with more than 170 million people easy? She should stick to singing all those her rubbish songs. Nonsense!!!
Quote me and .........................

Brother, that is not an excuse somebody preside over one billion people yet the country is still competing with USA and the like
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by FreeGlobe(f): 6:36am On Mar 05, 2015
Re: Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN by FreeGlobe(f): 6:37am On Mar 05, 2015
kilokeys:

i dont like Nneka

i love the rest.

how can you like something you dont know? Yeah, you dont like her but you like wiz kid. We already know your mental situation and where you belong. Just stop spreading ignorance here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Chidinma Ekile Pregnant? (See Photos) / Maheeda Celebrates Her Daughter's 15th Birthday / Fab Photos: Meet Mikel Obi's Prospective Wealthy In-laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.