Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church (19165 Views)

My Married Ex Girlfriend Wants Me Back After We Broke Up 3 Years Ago ( Pics) / My New Girlfriend Wants To... (photos) / My Ex Wants Me To Marry Her Best Friend, Pls Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by M4gunners: 11:29am On Mar 08, 2015
If you give in to her request, bro ur name will be sorry should in case this relationship lead to marriage. I have seen a Muslim Man married to a Christian woman both are Yoruba, their kids follow their Mom to Church while the Man gose mosque they live happily. Not to talk of both Christian still she is demanding ur leave ur Church to join hers Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Pholayemi(f): 11:29am On Mar 08, 2015
If you allow her have here way jus cos u dnt want to loose her. She is goi to continue to tel u wat to do. She is pose to change fr u nt u. Yua the Man

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Hedybee(f): 11:29am On Mar 08, 2015
.. .....

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by UncleJudax(m): 11:29am On Mar 08, 2015
Odunharry:
never ...so what will happen if you guys break up tomorrow?
He would probably go back to his ex(church).
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 08, 2015
Who is running that relationship ? Is it you or the woman ?

Hahahaha some men are merely not men enough.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by ifekemmie(f): 11:33am On Mar 08, 2015
Let her no u love her bt u can't change ur church because of her, wen u both get married tell her she wil change to ur church permanently. Dis issue use to cause problem in newly married couple
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by baralatie(m): 11:34am On Mar 08, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
When a man let a woman dictate what he will do he should know that he have sold his birthright to her simple
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by baralatie(m): 11:35am On Mar 08, 2015
^^^
words of wisdom!!!
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by baralatie(m): 11:37am On Mar 08, 2015
Hedybee:

she has made her stand clear. If u are not comfortable let her be
which is she no like am from point novo to port costa
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by amunekeuto: 11:38am On Mar 08, 2015
girlfriend, christian, church.i can't marry the three. but if her punanny is worth it, go ahead and change your church for her.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by canalily(m): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2015
falconey:
she want #CHANGE.

This look like a threat to me, Religion is an act of will. I suggest you let her go OP.
you mean she is APC memberundecided as she want #changeundecided
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2015
@ OP, what do you want?

What are her reason(s) of wanting a change in your place of worship? Maybe, she isn't comfortable with the worship, dress sense, prayers etc.. She deserves a hearing..

Relationship is all about compromise, understanding, sacrifices etc by both partners without hurting yourselves.. Communication is the KEY!! Get her to talk, and trust me, things will be fine..

Every1 saying 'do away with her', like seriously undecided undecided?

Lastly, it's all about CHOICE...

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by MissSlimbody(f): 11:45am On Mar 08, 2015
ibkgab001:
She must be from Baptist Carcus

undecided

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by lilmax(m): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
When a man let a woman dictate what he will do he should know that he have sold his birthright to her simple
op read this more than 100 times

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Odunharry(m): 11:54am On Mar 08, 2015
UncleJudax:

He would probably go back to his ex(church).
it not worth changing church... if she no like the guy church make she go find person for her church date
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by baralatie(m): 11:56am On Mar 08, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
@ OP, what do you want?

What are her reason(s) of wanting a change in your place of worship? Maybe, she isn't comfortable with the worship, dress sense, prayers etc.. She deserves a hearing..

Relationship is all about compromise, understanding, sacrifices etc by both partners without hurting yourselves.. Communication is the KEY!! Get her to talk, and trust me, things will be fine..

Every1 saying 'do away with her', like seriously undecided undecided?

Lastly, it's all about CHOICE...
it means both are not compatible and the lady is not even attracted to him.just giving conditions
and by the time she is through with condition level.she is pregnant for the guy she is attracted to irrespective of church,color or size of his pocket.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by poweredcom(m): 11:57am On Mar 08, 2015
Wetin be all dese. Gaals own n church...if my gal try dis na pursue ooo...na by church? or wats inside u? All dis our Yeye hypocrite naija babe's who have stereotyped mind
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by UncleJudax(m): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Odunharry:

it not worth changing church... if she no like the guy church make she go find person for her church date
True. And like some folks have pointed out, there will be subsequent demands. I feel for the guy...he may have eaten the forbidden fruit.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
Religion is a sin you can serve God anywhere let her understand

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
PAT4HOT:
Fellow Nairalanders, I am not attending a white garment church or the likes but a decent pentecostal church that believes in the teaching of the bible, but my girl wants me to change it in order to sustain our relationship.

Although I love her, I'm not comfortable with any other church doctrines (especially orthodox that she falls in), I love my church doctrines too.

So please advice,what should I do?
is she an Adventist?
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Odunharry(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
UncleJudax:

True. And like some folks have pointed out, there will be subsequent demands. I feel for the guy...he may have eaten the forbidden fruit.

the guy Don chop effo
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fabdedon:
if she loves you too she can change.. My mum changed cos of my dad.. That is how things roll

Ur mum didn't change bicus of ur dad...Itz tradition that women would have to start attending their man's church
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
PAT4HOT:
Fellow Nairalanders, I am not attending a white garment church or the likes but a decent pentecostal church that believes in the teaching of the bible, but my girl wants me to change it in order to sustain our relationship.

What brought in church issue into relationship, aren't you both christians? she should give you some good reasons why she want you to make a change, and if she comes up with strong points then you can make your decision.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by shacxy(f): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
op we re talking about a girl frnd here not even a wife, relationship that can even fail at any time. Well if there is somthng wrong wth ur church then fine. Although oOOOooo scarf dey draw cap sometimes

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
PAT4HOT:

Although I love her, I'm not comfortable with any other church doctrines (especially orthodox that she falls in), I love my church doctrines too.

Brother stop asking this kinda question.... Itz common & ancient tradition that a woman has to follow her man to his place of worship, if you allow her to get away with this,she would wanna have upper hand in marriage & would want to go contrary to your instructions & probably challenge your actions.

Show her you are a man & not a boy.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Ilekeh(f): 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
So white coat churches aren't descent?

Anyway, no be my wahala.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nweike1: 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
falconey:
she want #CHANGE.

This look like a threat to me, Religion is an act of will. I suggest you let her go OP.
GBAM!
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by DavidSilas2015: 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
U better beware of your soul. If your girl friend loves u, then she should love your church where u are hearing sound doctrine. Jesus is standing before u and the so call girl is standing before u also. Make your choice,
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by lanrayco(m): 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
PAT4HOT:

What happen to a white garment church?
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by dammytosh: 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
PAT4HOT:

If she ask you not to talk to your parents again or she quits ?

That nonsense starts from petty things like this.

Tell her not to let that conversation go or just let her go.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by IamDanto7(m): 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
kennygee:
Na she dey wear the pants for the relationship?

Hey you're back grin.... Good to have u here. I tweeted u some weeks back. Hope you are fine??
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
wetin concern me na... if u love her change. but just kno say once she have her way. it don start..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Benita,the 16 Year Old Influencer Gaining Popularity For Her Stunning Shape / WOW! See A Young Girl's "Backside" That Got People Talking (photos) / Anambra Lifts Suspension On Hotel Where Sex Romp Party Was Held

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.