Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,734 members, 7,851,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:27 PM

ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church (19199 Views)

My Married Ex Girlfriend Wants Me Back After We Broke Up 3 Years Ago ( Pics) / My New Girlfriend Wants To... (photos) / My Ex Wants Me To Marry Her Best Friend, Pls Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Fourwinds: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sexipea:
Wats d big deal undecided
yes.!!! dere is a big deal in it. Tomorrow she will ask him to change his surname to hers. I don't know when girls or women begin to spear head things in homes. tell me when God Almighty delegated duties to man and his wife., did He make d woman head. just like if u can show me where a male goat banging anoda male goator a male horse banging anoda male horse den I will see no big deal in dis
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by NemzySeries(m): 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
PAT4HOT:
Fellow Nairalanders, I am not attending a white garment church or the likes but a decent pentecostal church that believes in the teaching of the bible, but my girl wants me to change it in order to sustain our relationship.

Although I love her, I'm not comfortable with any other church doctrines (especially orthodox that she falls in), I love my church doctrines too.

So please advice,what should I do?
Jst 4 a date?.......ma guy u nid a full calender......once u start taking such decisions sh'll definitely push u into sumfin u'll pay dearly for datz if not wit ur life....tho women a subject to suggestions not final say/conclusion....happy sunday
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by ericposh(m): 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
*in Oshiomole's voice* SHE should GO AND
DIE !
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by CLASSMAN: 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
Na Jehovah witness?
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
Transform(PDP) her instead of her changing (APC) you.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by oluwashedy: 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
Which church do you attend?
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Fourwinds: 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
poweredcom:
Wetin be all dese. Gaals own n church...if my gal try dis na pursue ooo...na by church? or wats inside u? All dis our Yeye hypocrite naija babe's who have stereotyped mind
very stereotyped in thinking
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Sleekyshuga(f): 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
baralatie:

it means both are not compatible and the lady is not even attracted to him.just giving conditions
and by the time she is through with condition level.she is pregnant for the guy she is attracted to irrespective of church,color or size of his pocket.
I totally disagree with you.. When did asking for a change of church become a yardstick to measure Compatibility?

Like I said, he should communicate with her and know her reason(s).. If they are cogent, you can then draw your conclusions..
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Fourwinds: 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
sauceny:

Ur mum didn't change bicus of ur dad...Itz tradition that women would have to start attending their man's church
dats what it should be.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by dimkpanibo(m): 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
She must be onye ama Jehova
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by baralatie(m): 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

I totally disagree with you.. When did asking for a change of church become a yardstick to measure Compatibility?

Like I said, he should communicate with her and know her reason(s).. If they are cogent, you can now draw your conclusions..

what is compatibility?
this is just boyfriend and girlfriend level and the first statement from the girl is "be a member of my own church"
the question arises"to achieve what purpose"
simple"compatibility"
that is to say,she has not seen him attractive enough as a choice, not even considered marriage ra ra!
Now as a girlfriend she can pick the holes in the guy(at first glance).feminine attitude has not come!
what about intimacy,how will they tackle that!
and while they will be trying to find compatibility ground.the moment she sights the guy she is attracted to,she will move!
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by xxgig(m): 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
grin[/color][color=]
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Fourwinds: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Odunharry:
lol....even my wife no go tell me to change church make I go change.

the way girls especially dey take church issues serious when it comes to marriage baffles me alot..
atimes I ask if it not same God they worship and same Bible they read.
I no know say no be only me dey dese wonderland. it is not about church church.!!!! how do u live ur life. it is about having d fear of God because if u fear God u no go peep anoda man's wife neither will attempt to bang her likewise women too., stealing will no be in ur dictionary., cheating etc. ur heart is what God looks at not all dese jamboree churches here and there
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Fourwinds: 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
xxgig:
I am having same issue. She wants me to change from Anglican to a Penticostal church. I have given her several opportunities to xplain why should change but none is forth coming. Mind u, she was once an Anglican like me.
leave her jaree. girls are easily manipulated. so she has forgot where she came. she go say she dey see vision now. and her prayer dey jinger. very myopic reasoning.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Kingsasian(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
Its simple. If u truly luv her and wants to end up as man and wife u can change but after the wedding she must change.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by SammyIk: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fabdedon:
if she loves you too she can change.. My mum changed cos of my dad.. That is how things roll
she shoul change 2 urs
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Sleekyshuga(f): 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
baralatie:

what is compatibility?
this is just boyfriend and girlfriend level and the first statement from the girl is "be a member of my own church"
Compatibility is the act of existing or doing something together without conflict..

As humans, conflicts/problems will occur, and that's because none is perfect.. This is where COMMUNICATION comes to play..

Why is no one advising him to communicate with her, and know her reasons, be it a foolish one or not but rather, he should just leave?

Done with the topic.. @OP, whatever rocks your boat!!! You know your girly better than we do..
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by baralatie(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
Kingsasian:
Its simple. If u truly luv her and wants to end up as man and wife u can change but after the wedding she must change.
this comment reminds of the film titanic "a whole sharp guy just missed his life for another guy babe.in short two sharp guys missed it because of love!
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Kingsasian(m): 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
baralatie:

this comment reminds of the film titanic "a whole sharp guy just missed his life for another guy babe.in short two sharp guys missed it because of love!
hhahahahahahahahahaha
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by lovely17(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
no be same God then they serve for all the church
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by CaptPlanet(m): 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
She agreed to date you for who you are, if she's no longer comfy with that I think she should walk.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by baralatie(m): 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Compatibility is the act of existing or doing something together without conflict..

As humans, conflicts/problems will occur, and that's because none is perfect.. This is where COMMUNICATION comes to play..

Why is no one advising him to communicate with her, and know her reasons, be it a foolish one or not but rather, he should just leave?

Done with the topic.. @OP, whatever rocks your boat!!! You know your girly better than we do..
oh no no!lady you ain't going off to hook that easy!
you already can see the issue straight on!
there is a big issue where the stage of communication between a boyfriend and girlfriend is a one way direction of "attend my church"
not love communication, or attraction,goals,marriage etc.that is serious
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by zizytd(m): 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
BAWSElady:
Women can't change men's churches...women av no say in religion matters when it comes to marriage....yadiyadiyadi

@op,relationship is about compromise nd sacrifice by BOTH partners...it's ur life,ur belief,ur future nd ur RELATIONSHIP...only uno d depth of ur love for her...only uno if u will b comfortable changing churches...only u CAN decide wat u want...

If u re willing to change barring all masculine"ish" ego, go for it...but if u aren't willing to...den patiently nd maturely explain to her y u feel ur church will be an ideal place for U PPL to start ur life in...

PS-we all serve the same GOD only in different ways...

PPS-understanding and the ability to reach a descision without trampling on the other persons feelings is the bedrock of any marriage/relationship/friendship...

#udo
If u know it won't work in d beginning don start. U know dis person can't change church for u,u still continued, so no blame anybody
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by xcommando(m): 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
ITbomb:
For just a date?

Reject that kind of #change IJN, instead work on the #transformation of your mind and look towards developing your spiritual state and planning for marriage

GEJ till 2019

Bross i dey feel u jare.the babe is also asking for#change#
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by peedeeasobie(m): 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
PAT4HOT:
Fellow Nairalanders, I am not attending a white garment church or the likes but a decent pentecostal church that believes in the teaching of the bible, but my girl wants me to change it in order to sustain our relationship.

Although I love her, I'm not comfortable with any other church doctrines (especially orthodox that she falls in), I love my church doctrines too.

And if you break up with her, what will happen?
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by dharay99: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sexipea:
i jezt did smiley

Nice...
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by smartigo: 1:57pm On Mar 08, 2015
pat4hot, your girl said you should leave ur church and you are asking us what to do?
Listen, can't you convince her why you r a member?
Why does she want you to change n how does it affect her love for u?
Are u sure you both will marry?
What else will she ask you to change?
Can you also ask her to change?

Ponder on these n decide if you want to be Esau or Jacob. Believe me,if u r my bro and u ask me without painting it or telling me ur stance, I will slap the love away from ur eyes.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by JoeCutie(m): 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Is she Catholic?
Even if she's Catholic, she would start considering churches only in marriage.

By the way, so if we, Nairalanders, tell you to change your church now, you change? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
PAT4HOT:

meaning at bolded
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Fabdedon(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
sauceny:

Ur mum didn't change bicus of ur dad...Itz tradition that women would have to start attending their man's church
then let her follow the tradition..
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Bowaley17(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
Na so my friend wey be Muslim go visit him GF for house... Na im the Mama talk say if she wan continue to dey date the girl,he must join their church. My friend don leave Islam for Christianity now o... We don talk to am,e no gree,talk say he don make up his mind.
Re: ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church by Emilord(m): 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Which kind yeye talk.The girl friend don bath?
Abeg,MARCH 4 BUHARI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? / JJC Skillz Celebrates Funke Akindele On Her 40th Birthday / Am New Here Please,anyone To Show Me Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.