Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun (56329 Views)

See Where Jonathan Was Spotted Shortly After Meeting Buhari (photos) / $2.1bn Arms: Festus Keyamo Explains Why Jonathan Might Not Be Prosecuted / 17 States That Might Make Buhari To Lose Presidential Election- Adedayo Ademuwag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by diresimdi(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
lalasticlala:

I'm not the writer of the article...
noted! just a quote error that escaped my notice. tnx.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by lalasticlala(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
diresimdi:
noted! just a quote error that escaped my notice. tnx.

Ok
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by diresimdi(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=31460577][/quote]Op, you seem not to have a firm grip of the realities on ground in Imo and Rivers. For gubernotorials, apc may win Imo cos of sympathy for Rochas, Rivers is 50/50. For presidential, GEJ will win both states. Religion/geography still favours GEJ in Rivers despite what you think Amaechi is to APC. Religion/ethnicity highly favours GEJ in Imo no matter the political status of the governor. Actually, religion,location /geography and ethnicity should not form the basis for voting but the obvious truth is that they still count in no small measure in our polity. Until we get our acts right as a true nation, such factors will keep playing dormineering roles in our political decisions.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by Kakpos: 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
INCLUDE KOGI, KWARA, NASARAWA
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by cjrane: 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Goddex:
[size=15pt]It's laughable to dream about Buhari winning Rivers and Imo [/size] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Only a dreamer will think that because of Amaechi gra-gra, he can win Rivers for Buhari. grin

I don't want to mention IMO. Buhari cannot win in IMO even if his opponent is Abubakar Shekau or even a Cameroonian grin

2 Likes

Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by UcLloyd: 10:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
I'm from Imo and currently in Owerri the state capital. Believe u me, all those that will vote for Rochas won't vote for Buhari. Imo people see him as an enemy of igbos. Presidential Election in Imo turn out of voters will be far higher than that of Governorship.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by lucianohase(m): 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=31460577][/quote] Forget about Rivers, apc supporters will be so scared to come out to vote in so many parts of rivers! Besides,a lot will be against amaechi and his apc in rivers state on that day. Situation on ground presently says a lot about how that day will be.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by roxell120(m): 10:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
Many yorubas spend all their time on the Internet unlike other tribes in the south who are mostly busy at work and businesses hence their online incessant ranting as if election is won online., 28 March go do una wam for eye.

1 Like

Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by kamikaze2458(m): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
OP, so u said Buhari will win rivers state, hahahahahha well he can sha but only on paper. Do not be deceived becos Amaechi is APC and u think Rivers is APC too. If Buhari believes so, then he's in for a thriller.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
colossus2:
What if he rigs in those states undecided
haha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by chidistone: 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
dareisminetobi:
The whole nigerrian voted for an educated man thinking he was going to make a change during the 2011 general election, GEJ and his team has disappointed nigerians that's why we all need a change and it can only come from an experienced fellow.

Did u just register to voice out ur frustration about ur life? Pls, I guess u are not still in primary school?
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by chidistone: 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship
of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he
(Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to
power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found
that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly
accounted for in the PTF and that there was not
much on the ground to show for the colossal
expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day
Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a
non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly
serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died
suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure.
Most of what he was able to achieve in the PTF, was
focused in his backyard. Haruna Adamu, who was
appointed by Obasanjo to investigate the PTF before
finally consigning it to the dung heap, quickly
pocketed one hundred million naira of PTF’s money
before operating table could be set up for him, thus
forcing Obasanjo to hurriedly close the place down
without further investigations. Buhari has been
trying desperately since to return to power, perhaps
to get a chance to shred the PTF documents?
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by novus: 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Raiders:
I see Buhari getting more than 20% of vote in rivers and imo because his party has structure in those state. Tho GEJ might win those state but he might not get the huge margin like in 2011.
well lets see. I highly doubt for rivers tho
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Replace Imo and Rivers with Kwara and Nasarawa.

Frankly, I don't see see Jonathan losing these two states. Buhari's best chance in SS is Edo.

5 Likes

Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by maestroferddi: 12:16am On Mar 10, 2015
finestiyke:
I Wonder what cheap drug the OP is on
You dey mind the ode?!

Buhari will win in Imo State where I come from? Just like saying that Jonathan will win in Katsina.

Even Rochas with his bragadoccio is not certain of winning. He has Emeka Ihedioha, an Mbaise man to contend with.
Anybody who knows anything about Imo politics should know where I am driving at.

So much for this palm wine joint analysis... The analyst doesn't know jack about politics. Just imagine his watery analysis!

5 Likes

Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by paBuhari(m): 12:22am On Mar 10, 2015
hamaworld:
I....Jonah go win for only one state.
Bayelsa.
And he is going to also win some state from d Biafra region

Sai buhari
Don't vote me. Am heading back to daura.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by iyoha240: 12:28am On Mar 10, 2015

Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by maestroferddi: 12:32am On Mar 10, 2015
taharqa:

No GEJ won almost 70% in Adamawa last time, and he will win again there this time. You can take that to the bank. Adamawa us so thoroughly pdp, and this cuts through ethnic and religious sentiments or loyalties. Same reason Ribadu would crush Bidado in the Gov race.

GEJ would win Lagos, by a margin. And would win in Oyo (practically all the strong men in Oyo, including those formally in ACN except the Gov - from Akala to Lamidi etc support GEJ, and Oyo has always been difficult in the ST for supporting candidates that their strong men support )

Bookmark this guy

Hailings
Solid analysis underpinned by empirical evidence!

Most of the chaps making noise here don't know jack about politics. They are carried away by noise and emotion.

Let someone tell me how Jonathan will lose Lagos and Oyo states.

Is it Oyo where Ajimobi is being eclipsed by Ladoja and Alao-Akala who are rooting for Jonathan? SMH for peeps...

2 Likes

Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by Goldpen: 12:42am On Mar 10, 2015
D writer is just a John bull. Buhari can't get 25% in Imo or Port Harcourt. Den Lagos, Buhari won't get 40% here, forget propaganda [quote author=lalasticlala post=31460577][/quote]
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by tushburg(m): 6:30am On Mar 10, 2015
Oga OP 4get Rivers I am sure of that
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 10, 2015
GEJ WILL WIN RIVERS AND IMO BUT BUHARI WILL GET 25% THERE....BUT TRUST ME BUHARI WILL WIN LAGOS WITH 60% VOTE CAST. AM NOT NIAS JUST GOT BACK FROM LAGOS.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by beey2(m): 7:00am On Mar 10, 2015
chidistone:
Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship
of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he
(Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to
power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found
that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly
accounted for in the PTF and that there was not
much on the ground to show for the colossal
expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day
Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a
non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly
serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died
suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure.
Most of what he was able to achieve in the PTF, was
focused in his backyard. Haruna Adamu, who was
appointed by Obasanjo to investigate the PTF before
finally consigning it to the dung heap, quickly
pocketed one hundred million naira of PTF’s money
before operating table could be set up for him, thus
forcing Obasanjo to hurriedly close the place down
without further investigations. Buhari has been
trying desperately since to return to power, perhaps
to get a chance to shred the PTF documents?

I'm a neutral voter so all these only amounts to "BUHARI" pls I wld advise u spend ur time, energy and resources on whoever ur prefered candidate is. That is wisdom.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by PassingShot(m): 7:12am On Mar 10, 2015
havennie:

Pls Mr, get ur facts right. Buhari did not win in Adamawa in 2011. GEJ won there with 60% votes.

Dont forget that Adamawa is a christian majority state.

My bad. GEJ won Adamawa by 56% in 2011 and not 60%. GMB got 38% there.

GMB will surely win Adamawa this time around considering that Atiku is united behind Buhari now unlike in 2011.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by PassingShot(m): 7:18am On Mar 10, 2015
taharqa:

No GEJ won almost 70% in Adamawa last time, and he will win again there this time. You can take that to the bank. Adamawa is so thoroughly pdp, and this cuts through ethnic and religious sentiments or loyalties. Same reason Ribadu would crush Bidado in the Gov race.

GEJ would win Lagos, by a margin though. And would win in Oyo (practically all the strong men in Oyo, including those formally in ACN except the Gov - from Akala to Ladoja etc support GEJ, and Oyo has always been different in the SW for supporting candidates that their strong men support )

Bookmark this guy

Hailings

I was wrong! Buhari didn't win Adamawa in 2011. He got 38% while GEJ got 56% and not "almost 70%".

However, you and I know that a lot has changed since especially with Atiku now supporting GMB. I have no doubt that Buhari will clear Adamawa, Nassarawa (he got 40% there in 2011) and Kwara convincingly this time around.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by PassingShot(m): 7:22am On Mar 10, 2015
maestroferddi:
Solid analysis underpinned by empirical evidence!

Most of the chaps making noise here don't know jack about politics. They are carried away by noise and emotion.

Let someone tell me how Jonathan will lose Lagos and Oyo states.

Is it Oyo where Ajimobi is being eclipsed by Ladoja and Alao-Akala who are rooting for Jonathan? SMH for peeps...

What is empirical in saying GEJ got almost 70% in Adamawa in 2011 when in fact he only got 56%?

GEJ can NEVER win in Lagos and Oyo. And not in Osun and Ogun. Ondo and Ekiti is 50/50 as it stands now and GEJ will perform worse in the entire north this time around.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by waternogetenemy: 7:26am On Mar 10, 2015
3. Rivers
The governor Rotimi Amaechi is one of Jonathan’s principal enemy and he’s Buhari’s campaign chief. Jonathan knocked out Buhari completely the last time, but this time the APC have the momentum and the equation has changed.

14. Imo
Buhari’s party runs the government in this Igbo state and the governor Rochas Okorocha is highly popular among the masses. He can and will probably influence the voters here in favour of his party’s candidate. A Jonathan victory here is uncertain.

18. Lagos
Protesters will predictably pour out on the streets of Lagos if Jonathan happens to win there. He’s the least popular candidate on the ballot among the Lagos people. He beat Buhari in this city the last time, but now it’s a lot harder for him to repeat that feat in this election.

No chance... It is GEJ all the way.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 10, 2015
Remove Lagos and IMO. Rivers too
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by waternogetenemy: 7:28am On Mar 10, 2015
15. Oyo
Jonathan packed the most votes in the west last time, but things have since changed with the APC merger. Now the west is rooting for Buhari, and Oyo is no exception. Jonathan’s popularity has greatly dipped among the Yorubas.

16. Osun
Even last time when Jonathan won in other Yoruba states, he lost in this one. The governor Rauf Aregbesola is so popular in the state and he’s definitely campaigning for his party, the APC. Jonathan virtually has no chance of winning here.

17. Ogun
Ogun is obviously leaning towards Buhari and the APC like the other Yoruba states. Jonathan hasn’t got a strong enough following here to challenge the APC.

Probably and then we divide the country, leaving youroba with hausa.

O yes, Nigeria is artificial and can be returned to its natural state.

I dont trust yourobas so i am not counting on these states.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 10, 2015
roxell120:
Many yorubas spend all their time on the Internet unlike other tribes in the south who are mostly busy at work and businesses hence their online incessant ranting as if election is won online., 28 March go do unable wam for eye.
yorubas don't vote. I can give a concrete proof.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by driand(m): 7:34am On Mar 10, 2015
Jarus:

Frankly, I don't see see Jonathan losing these two states. Buhari's best chance in SS is Edo.
u don't get it, even if gmb doesn't get a single vote in ss/se he still wins.... ss and se are d regions with the lowest voting power,and se wer I come from don't care about such things. less than 60 percent of their registered voters will turn up, in the if gmb can take sw with atleast 60/40 den we have a deal I'm sure he can take d entire north by 75/25

1 Like

Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by waternogetenemy: 7:44am On Mar 10, 2015
Jarus:

Remove Edo from that equation. U mean Benin right? Even in Benin the vote will be divided.

I cannot not argue about Kwara and Nasarawa as they are likely to go to Buhari unless their is somethin that am missing about these two states in the North.
Re: 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun by taharqa: 7:50am On Mar 10, 2015
PassingShot:

I was wrong! Buhari didn't win Adamawa in 2011. He got 38% while GEJ got 56% and not "almost 70%".

However, you and I know that a lot has changed since especially with Atiku now supporting GMB. I have no doubt that Buhari will clear Adamawa, Nassarawa (he got 40% there in 2011) and Kwara convincingly this time around.

Lol @Atiku supporting GMB now. Atiku-controlled could not even make his candidate the Gov candidate for Adamawa, and he is not presently the APC candidate. Moreover, his present support of Buhari is been lethargic at best. Anyways, it wouldn't have mattered sef since Adamawa is so thoroughly PDP. Do you realize that when Nyako detected to APC almost nobody went with him??

I think GEJ will win Nasarawa again, but I agree that he may lose Kwara.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News / Late Governor Akeredolu's Remains Arrive Nigeria (Pics) / FG Orders Immediate Closure Of Enrolment Activities At NIMC Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.