Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School (2788 Views)

What's The Hardest Part About Dating You? / What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men / Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 6:11am On Mar 10, 2015
Yea like the topic says,I have this girl am crushing on lately in my department and dunno how safe it would be making the move,due to various reasons ranging from my below average performance I just recorded in my released result and fear that it may distract me from facing my studies this semester squarely as I aim to have a strong CGpA at the end of the session....I also dunno if I should let her be till next session but I doubt if I can hold that urge to be with her....Ur matured advice is needed to save a fellow nairalander...should I make the move or do otherwise Thanks...
CC;
Mizmycoli
Naijaboiy
Cococandy
And all the relationship experts in the house
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by GboyegaD(m): 6:14am On Mar 10, 2015
It is a two way thing. It could either make you or mar you depending on how focus both of you are. The fact that you can study together and explain things to one another is a plus however, if it is parasitic, then it is not ideal in any ways.
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 6:18am On Mar 10, 2015
GboyegaD:
It is a two way thing. It could either make you or mar you depending on how focus both of you are. The fact that you can study together and explain things to one another is a plus however, if it is parasitic, then it is not ideal in any ways.
Thanks man...she is focus I guess her result was ok thou not to what she expected and as for me I am ever ready to make it now b4 its too late but I just wish I could bury the ish but I just haven't had the strength to....
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by GboyegaD(m): 6:36am On Mar 10, 2015
spanzed:
Thanks man...she is focus I guess her result was ok thou not to what she expected and as for me I am ever ready to make it now b4 its too late but I just wish I could bury the ish but I just haven't had the strength to....

Then together, you can make a formidable team. Best of luck in your studies.

1 Like

Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by cococandy(f): 6:51am On Mar 10, 2015
lol @relationship expert.

Warrisdat?

Anyway if you like her, go for it.
It may work or not. It won't be the end of you.
But it will be an experience you will remember for a long time.

Some Upside,
*she will get you and will most likely be quite supportive since both of you are in the same academic shoes.
*the need to impress her could surprisingly boost your perfomance. Don't underestimate that part of human nature.
*if she's the brilliant type, you get a mentor and a girlfriend all wrapped in one. That could help your waning perfomance.

Some Downside,
*She could know your every move. If you're the kind of guy that likes to play around, no room for that tongue
*too much familiarity brings contempt AKA "see finish" cheesy
*if she ever plays you or dumps you in the long run, you will get that occasionally pitiful look from other course mates.

#especially when her new bobo comes to drop her off at the department gate in his new shiny ride so (go get your shiny ride if you don't have one) #iKID

spanzed:
Yea like the topic says,I have this girl am crushing on lately in my department and dunno how safe it would be making the move,due to various reasons ranging from my below average performance I just recorded in my released result and fear that it may distract me from facing my studies this semester squarely as I aim to have a strong CGpA at the end of the session....I also dunno if I should let her be till next session but I doubt if I can hold that urge to be with her....Ur matured advice is needed to save a fellow nairalander...should I make the move or do otherwise Thanks...
CC;
Mizmycoli
Naijaboiy
Cococandy
And all the relationship experts in the house

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by Rapsodee(m): 7:03am On Mar 10, 2015
Well,it can work and it may not,there will be too much familiarity coz you will be seeing each other almost every time in academics and also wen you meet which may get both of you tired of the relationship,Being in separate depts,when you don't see each other for a while,it makes you to yearn for each other but don't forget that it can still work,depending on some other factors.
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 7:14am On Mar 10, 2015
cococandy:
lol @relationship expert.

Warrisdat?

Anyway if you like her, go for it.
It may work or not. It won't be the end of you.
But it will be an experience you will remember for a long time.

Some Upside,
*she will get you and will most likely be quite supportive since both of you are in the same academic shoes.
*the need to impress her could surprisingly boost our perfomance. Don't underestimate that part of human nature.
*if she's the brilliant type, you get a mentor and a girlfriend all wrapped in one. That could help your waning perfomance.

Some Downside,
*She could know your every move. If you're the kind of guy that likes to play around, no room for that tongue
*too much familiarity brings contempt AKA "see finish" cheesy
*if she ever plays you or dumps you in the long run, you will get that occasionally pitiful look from other course mates.

#especially when her new bobo comes to drop her off at the department gate in his new shiny ride so (go get your shiny ride if you don't have one) #iKID

hmmmm I hope it result to an upside...Thanks plenty
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 7:17am On Mar 10, 2015
Rapsodee:
Well,it can work and it may not,there will be too much familiarity coz you will be seeing each other almost every time in academics and also wen you meet which may get both of you tired of the relationship,Being in separate depts,when you don't see each other for a while,it makes you to yearn for each other but don't forget that it can still work,depending on some other factors.
I also don't like seeing my GF so often but I guess me and dis bae get along very well we are friends and I seen to always enjoy her company even thou we just hanged out once
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by englishmart(m): 7:33am On Mar 10, 2015
nothing concern me sha
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by osamaBUSH(m): 7:39am On Mar 10, 2015
wat can I say, girls no dey my department so I wouldn't know.
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2015
englishmart:
nothing concern me sha
e concern you baba drop an advice for your bruv should I make the move or face my book...
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 7:44am On Mar 10, 2015
osamaBUSH:
wat can I say, girls no dey my department so I wouldn't know.
lol is dere any course meant for only males un our tertiary institution today??
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by osamaBUSH(m): 7:50am On Mar 10, 2015
spanzed:
lol is dere any course meant for only males un our tertiary institution today??
not only males but the females sent to us are mostly more like males.
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 7:52am On Mar 10, 2015
osamaBUSH:

lol...in what sense do they act tom boyish abi dem dey claim
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by osamaBUSH(m): 7:56am On Mar 10, 2015
spanzed:
lol...in what sense do they act tom boyish abi dem dey claim
na just claim sha. did kyn no tym forming.
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 8:11am On Mar 10, 2015
osamaBUSH:

na just claim sha. did kyn no tym forming.
eyah.....dey are not the only girl in sch na,so many substitues bro...
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by MizMyColi(f): 8:29am On Mar 10, 2015
@Spanzed
How long have you crushed on this Bae for?

Do you see a friend in her? Is she someone who'd have your interest at heart as much as you'd do hers?

Seeing as your grades are on a somewhat downward spiral, would you be able to make contact with her and keep it on a platonic base?
I ask because you can be sure that romance at this time could muddle things up for you.

I don't advise that you ask her out now.
Try being friends first, let her see/feel that you like her.

Based on your apparent priorities, which is a good one, trust me, you don't wanna get entangled in inter-departmental relationship drama.

You might wanna consider Cococandy's downside wink
wink

If you don't understand any of my line of thoughts, please feel free to ask questions.
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 8:35am On Mar 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
@Spanzed
How long have you crushed on this Bae for?

Do you see a friend in her? Is she someone who'd have your interest at heart as much as you'd do hers?

Seeing as your grades are on a somewhat downward spiral, would you be able to make contact with her and keep it on a platonic base?
I ask because you can be sure that romance at this time could muddle things up for you.

I don't advise that you ask her out now.
Try being friends first, let her see/feel that you like her.

Based on your apparent priorities, which is a good one, trust me, you don't wanna get entangled in inter-departmental relationship drama.

You might wanna consider Cococandy's downside wink
wink

If you don't understand any of my line of thoughts, please feel free to ask questions.
hmmm mizmycoli I respect.....how come I never thought like this.....I guess we have to be friends for now,I can't afford to throw this semester to the wind if she is mine she would surely be mine.....I would advice u open a consultancy office about relationship....Thanks plenty

1 Like

Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by jnrbayano(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2015
May I know your reasons for crushing on her?

Be honest so I can be guided on what next to say to you.
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by MizMyColi(f): 8:40am On Mar 10, 2015
spanzed:
hmmm mizmycoli I respect.....how come I never thought like this.....I guess we have to be friends for now,I can't afford to throw this semester to the wind if she is mine she would surely be mine.....I would advice u open a consultancy office about relationship....Thanks plenty
grin grin grin grin grin grin

All the best.
For accountability sake.

I'd like for you to keep me informed on your result, CGPA et al I mean.
Deal?

What course you studying BTW?
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 8:47am On Mar 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

All the best.
For accountability sake.

I'd like for you to keep me informed on your result, CGPA et al I mean.
Deal?

What course you studying BTW?
lol...yea I would,studying Common Law

1 Like

Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by MizMyColi(f): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2015
smiley
spanzed:
lol...yea I would,studying Common Law
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2015
jnrbayano:
May I know your reasons for crushing on her?

Be honest so I can be guided on what next to say to you.
lol...she is beautiful,has what I want and most especially friendly
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 8:53am On Mar 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley
yea....Thanks for the advice I vowed not to date till 200 probably but dis bae ehn....I would stick to ur advice wholeheartedly....eshe ma..

1 Like

Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by englishmart(m): 8:58am On Mar 10, 2015
spanzed:
e concern you baba drop an advice for your bruv should I make the move or face my book...
my bro. I no even look the moniker....

I'd advise you face you book

1 Like

Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2015
englishmart:
my bro. I no even look the moniker....

I'd advice you face you book
Thought as much...Thanks man
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by Iaz93: 9:04am On Mar 10, 2015
spanzed:
What makes you think you can't do both?
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by jnrbayano(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2015
spanzed:
lol...she is beautiful,has what I want and most especially friendly

Just as you feared before putting this question across to us your attraction towards her will surely have an adverse effect on your academics.

The more beautiful she is the more your academics will suffer.

Please, concentrate right now on getting your grades back on track.

If and only if you were crushing on her because of her academic brilliance, I would have advised you go for it.
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by sinizia: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2015
spanzed:
Yea like the topic says,I have this girl am crushing on lately in my department and dunno how safe it would be making the move,due to various reasons ranging from my below average performance I just recorded in my released result and fear that it may distract me from facing my studies this semester squarely as I aim to have a strong CGpA at the end of the session....I also dunno if I should let her be till next session but I doubt if I can hold that urge to be with her....Ur matured advice is needed to save a fellow nairalander...should I make the move or do otherwise

Bro, department relationship, though I didn't do it because I hate the close proximity, can work. I've seen it work severally. If the girl is serious-minded like you want to be, she can inspire you to read hard. She can be your reading partner too. The relationship can work to your advantage. But you wouldn't know if you don't give love a chance. If she's what you want in a lady, go and ahead and date her and be friends with her and then determine if she can slow you down or not. If she doesn't inspire you academically, then quit.
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by naijaboiy: 9:37am On Mar 10, 2015
osamaBUSH:

Engineering department gringrin
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by Qaisar1: 9:57am On Mar 10, 2015
naijaboiy:

Engineering department gringrin
I suspect it is...

@Topic
You for face your book first oh and/or try to impress her scholastically undecided
Re: Your Say About Dating A Lady In The Same Department As You In School by spanzed(m): 9:59am On Mar 10, 2015
sinizia:

Bro, department relationship, though I didn't do it because I hate the close proximity, can work. I've seen it work severally. If the girl is serious-minded like you want to be, she can inspire you to read hard. She can be your reading partner too. The relationship can work to your advantage. But you wouldn't know if you don't give love a chance. If she's what you want in a lady, go and ahead and date her and be friends with her and then determine if she can slow you down or not. If she doesn't inspire you academically, then quit.
Thanks man....wagbayi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice Needed For Crashed 4years Relationship / Should I Rape Her / Very Surprise: See The Reason Why African Women Wear Waist Bead, Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.