Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation (10192 Views)

Lagos Launches Office Of Overseas Affairs And Investment (pics) / Buratai Tests Surveillance Camera In Rivers (Photo) / 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2009
amaikama:

Please can some one tell me where those camera's are located?

Obalende, allen/opebi road. No more ashewo for you. tongue
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by earTHMama: 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2009
Please can some one tell me where those camera's are located?

We already have functional cameras at the airport roads, bank entrances, ATM locations, police stations, some police vehicles. Fashola is just trying to add more to that list like our schools especially universities where clandenstine activities AKA secret cult are getting out of hand. Igbo traders also need to up their ante because no more tax evasion for them. the cameras will record every business transaction they do in idumota, computer village, ladipo and alaba. Oshodi oke and ojelegba will also be flooded with cameras. No more area boys doing their lil business here and there. Go fashola. If the likes of Kibojunkie and Nuzo are hating, they can go Bleep themselves. We are moving forward.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by mustafar1: 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

We already have functional cameras at the airport roads, bank entrances, ATM locations, police stations, some police vehicles. Fashola is just trying to add more to that list like our schools especially universities where clandenstine activities AKA secret cult are getting out of hand. Igbo traders also need to up their ante because no more tax evasion for them. the cameras will record every business transaction they do in idumota, computer village, ladipo and alaba. Oshodi oke and ojelegba will also be flooded with cameras. No more area boys doing their lil business here and there. Go fashola. If the likes of Kibojunkie and Nuzo are hating, they can go Bleep themselves. We are moving forward.
na wa for you are these ur ideas.

Fashola is just trying to add more to that list like our schools especially universities where clandenstine activities AKA secret cult are getting out of hand

now i am totally confused as to the purpose of this camera snackwrap, it seems you simply want camera's everywhere for having camera sake
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2009
Apparently this woman is so steeped in double-talk that she can not see she is rambling at this point. lol

I thought Fashola said this is for monitoring crime and not spying on persons? All of a sudden, Cameras are able to catch tax evasion, igbo smoking and the likes. lol

@Earthmama, are you able to verify that those camera's are run by the State Government? Note this is a direct and straight forward question requiring straight forward answer.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by earTHMama: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2009
@Earthmama, are you able to verify that those camera's are run by the State Government? Note this is a direct and straight forward question requiring straight forward answer.

Why should I give you a direct answer to a question that has something to do with national security when your allegiance to my motherland is in doubt?. I ain't telling because I don't know whom you are palling with.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2009
One response post later. . . .  kobojunkie is still waiting for an answer to the straight forward question asked. . .  sigh!

Good one @Earthmama. . . you and I know the answer to this but are you willing to admit those camera's are not necessarily Fashola mounted?
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by mustafar1: 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

Why should I give you a direct answer to a question that has something to do with national security when your allegiance to my motherland is in doubt?. I ain't telling because I don't know whom you are palling with.

lol
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by earTHMama: 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2009
Good one @Earthmama. . . you and I know the answer to this but are you willing to admit those camera's are not necessarily Fashola mounted?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Funmi will be the last woman to disclose [b]classified [/b]information to traitors like Kobojunkie and Nuzo. Nigeria is not a prostitute that you can bang anyhow and get what you want without any form of love for her.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by mustafar1: 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Funmi will be the last woman to disclose [b]classified [/b]information to traitors like Kobojunkie and Nuzo. Nigeria is not a prostitute that you can bang anyhow and get what you want without any form of love for her.

KOBO, u have hit more than a brick wall o. no wonder the fredom of information bill is not yet passed.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2009
Roflmao!!! See evation tactics oo!! Roflmao!!!
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by earTHMama: 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2009
KOBO, u have hit more than a brick wall o. no wonder the fredom of information bill is not yet passed.

We don't pass information to enemies of the state period. Kobojunkie is a perceived Nigerian enemy and I wish they strip him of his citizenship.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 17, 2009
lollllllllllllllll!!!!!
men! i don laff tire grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by sanbabat(m): 12:20am On Jan 17, 2009
I beleive we Nigerians should start opening our minds to new things, I know its going to work and giving a Kudos to the governor.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Caradona(f): 3:21am On Jan 17, 2009
I welcome the CCTV and This is for you Men who urinate anywhere you go, be prepared to see your Dicks on youtube grin
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by sherrylo: 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2009
oh yeah, caradona I dig that one!
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by SkyBlue1: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2009
Caradona:

I welcome the CCTV and This is for you Men who urinate anywhere you go, be prepared to see your Dicks on youtube grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy LOOOOL
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by ayobase(m): 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2009
this is a welcome development,
CCTV?

Hmmmm,
we pray it works out fine.

Soon,all Lagosians Bio-Data
will soon be collected 4
secuity purpose.

FBIwise!!!!
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 21, 2009
Heyyyy , do we also need cctv to catch the dare devils that robbed the cash n carry store last year at Ikeja at the entrance of computer village (if you say yes,then you a dumb a**)cos that cash n carry store is less that a min drive from where we have the police college and CID and other office of the dumb a**** that will be getting the feeds from the cctv shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Backslider(m): 8:59am On Jan 22, 2009
@teddyseun

Thank you for calling me a dumbass before I answer.

The robbers came from somewhere and if you have camera everywhere it is just too simple to trace their vehicle came from.

This is the reason i proposed that the operating companies should be 3 not one is that

1) there will be competition among them
2) if one breaks down 2 will be working
3) Out of 2 or more witness a truth is established
4) If there will be a heist and they want to bribe any one in the Monitor room they would have to bribe all the 3 companies
5) Entrepenuers know how to cut cost
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by B118: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2009
lol at Kobojunkie

" thought Fashola said this is for monitoring crime and not spying on persons? All of a sudden, Cameras are able to catch tax evasion, igbo smoking and the likes. lol
, are you able to verify that those camera's are run by the State Government?."

abeg we all know why the cameras r there lol
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by chucky234(m): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2009
Hi everyone,we have brand new motorcycles we intend to introduce into the market and we require distributors nationwide.
We also have Birla white,Impex copier papers and so many other products all available in our warehouse in Lagos.
Interested person[s] should revert back to us through distinctionglobalgroup@gmail.com or dggroupltd@aim.com
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by ksmallsz(m): 8:44am On Jan 30, 2009
They should take care of Road and Transportation first, but what i think is this camera issue is on a different case, not because of only criminals around the state, but foreigners that might want to come and blow-up Naija because u can find Nigeria in the top 10 of the World, Why can't it happen thats just what i think, Move on Fashola, i'll write a song for you.

K SMALLS -Z
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by papine(m): 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2009
@guy you sure say you get copy right for this thread, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
because papilonow, don post this thread before, and he said and i '' the project as been abandon'' , so tell nairaland were your own info, is coming from,

or photocopy don easy like this grin grin grin grin grin grin

who is the real owner, ??
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by 9ja4eva: 3:19am On Nov 04, 2009
Howz the Camera coming up?
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Fhemmmy: 3:32am On Nov 04, 2009
hahahahahaha . . . . installing camera is easy, but making sure there is enuf HDD to store the info nko?
I will like to know how the installation is going too
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by babapupa: 3:44am On Nov 04, 2009
sanbabat:

I beleive we Nigerians should start opening our minds to new things, I know its going to work and giving a Kudos to the governor.

Some of these folks are used to their cave/village life, we just have to keep educating and opening their eyes to new things.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Fhemmmy: 3:54am On Nov 04, 2009
babapupa:

Some of these folks are used to their cave/village life, we just have to keep educating and opening their eyes to new things.

any update on the camera installation?
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by babapupa: 4:07am On Nov 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I'd love to tell you, but I'm not in charge of the project.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Fhemmmy: 4:18am On Nov 04, 2009
babapupa:

I'd love to tell you, but I'm not in charge of the project.

thanx
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by DisGuy: 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

2010 now

any update?
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by bones1(m): 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2010
There should be an update !
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2010
babapupa:

as usual grin grin

2post
So. . . . has anyone witness any positive outcome of this surveillance camera programme?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obasanjo Steps Out For African Youth Governance To Promote Girl Education(pics) / Abeokuta Flood: Amosun Warns Against Indiscriminate Building Of Houses, Refuses / Governor Zulum Suspends Four Borno Medical Doctors Over Absenteeism, Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.