Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation (10057 Views)

Lagos Launches Office Of Overseas Affairs And Investment (pics) / Buratai Tests Surveillance Camera In Rivers (Photo) / 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by olafolarin(m): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2010
I Know the Camera Works well in Palmgrove,Onipanu,Fadeyi and Jibowu axis where i grew up.
I Hope it will Be useful in Crime detection and Control.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by DisGuy: 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
no camera outside anywhere near me in Ajegunle!! this is discrimination!!
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2010
olafolarin:

I Know the Camera Works well in Palmgrove,Onipanu,Fadeyi and Jibowu axis where i grew up.
I Hope it will Be useful in Crime detection and Control.
Ok, thanks,
But has it helped in any investigation or been used as criminal evidence?
I dont see the point of the cameras been implemented if they havent perform the work they were mainly installed to perform.

Dis Guy:

no camera outside anywhere near me in Ajegunle!! this is discrimination!!
grin
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by ziga: 1:47am On Aug 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ok, thanks,
I dont see the point of the cameras been implemented if they havent perform the work they were mainly installed to perform.

grin

Funny. . . Do fire alarms need to work before you know that they are required?
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by olafolarin(m): 3:24am On Aug 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ok, thanks,

grin

Rumours has it that UBA in Onipanu is the 1st beneficiary of the installed Camera.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 30, 2010
olafolarin:

Rumours has it that UBA in Onipanu is the 1st beneficiary of the installed Camera.

If you dont mind me asking. . . how how UBA benefited from the installed camera. i.e forensic case

ziga:

Funny. . . Do fire alarms need to work before you know that they are required?
No, but what is the point of carrying a firearm around if it hasnt and dont intend on protecting you?

Anywaz, Folarin, how are the cameras generated? By PHCN?
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by olafolarin(m): 3:50am On Aug 30, 2010
The Cameras  are Installed in strategic Locations along Ikorodu Rd with  Logemo House  As its Base.The Base station is powered by Generator(24hr).A Week After Installation Armed robbers invaded UBA and were Seen by the cctv installed Outsider the bank's entrance.The Base Station Operator called the nearby Ilupeju Police Station and the Police was able to Foil the attempt.But UBA in Onipanu is just à Stone Throw Away from Logemo House.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 30, 2010
olafolarin:

The Cameras  are Installed in strategic Locations along Ikorodu Rd with  Logemo House  As its Base.The Base station is powered by Generator(24hr).A Week After Installation Armed robbers invaded UBA and were Seen by the cctv installed Outsider the bank's entrance.The Base Station Operator called the nearby Ilupeju Police Station and the Police was able to Foil the attempt.But UBA in Onipanu is just à Stone Throw Away from Logemo House.   
Thanks. Nice.

That's what I like to hear.

Even better if the cameras are implemented not only for evidence in criminal intents, but also to enforce the laws. i.e littering, traffic stops, night rituals, politicians caught in the act etc. Install a camera near one of those joints where people like to throw trash at night, the fear of getting caught can actually reduce the illegal disposition of trash in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by bkbabe97y(m): 4:34am On Aug 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

That's what I like to hear.

Even better if the cameras are implemented not only for evidence in criminal intents, but also to enforce the laws. i.e littering, traffic stops, night rituals, politicians caught in the act, ILEKEIDI STALKING EZEUCHE EVERYWHERE HE GOES. . . . etc.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 30, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Sigh. Are we back to this? You stalking me all over? undecided
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by bkbabe97y(m): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Sigh. Are we back to this? You stalking me all over? undecided

In ur dreams! grin
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by Akanniade(m): 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2010
How would it be managed with all the dusts. How would it be powered. If it will be powered with solar, how well have the solar street lights and traffic lights fared.
   Someone should please tell fashola to think of something more practical and sustainable.
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by DisGuy: 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2010
Akanniade:

How would it be managed with all the dusts. How would it be powered. If it will be powered with solar, how well have the solar street lights and traffic lights fared.
   Someone should please tell fashola to think of something more practical and sustainable.

no he is the all knowing governor cheesy
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by DisGuy: 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2010
Ajegunle is a trategic location in Lagos state, why hasn't it been installed there? I say pure discrimination!!!

they are only protecting their friends and family cool
Re: Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation by dederocs(m): 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
11 years down the line, APC Lagos state government...is this operating now?

Abi na audio sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 / President Says Dame Patience A Bright Star. / Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.