Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Are Nigerian Guys Romantic - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Guys Romantic (4587 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Are Yoruba Guys Romantic?, i think i might marry a yoruba guy / Are Nigerian Guys Romantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by babatquon: 3:53am On Jan 17, 2009
That is not true, women are loved by their men, except when they become too overbearing. They are the closest to GOD if they so desire and i am sure that some men do realize that fact and treat them like queens that they are.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 3:56am On Jan 17, 2009
HeatFusion:

Also blame the father. Because if a child does not listen to his mother, he usually listens to his father.
If a man cannot control his child and teach him how to respect and treat women right, then he ain't a real man.
There's a different between being a father and being [i]called [/i]a father.

Wa shey orire ore mi. I could not have put that better if I tried. wink
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 3:59am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

Wa shey orire ore mi. I could not have put that better if I tried. wink
amin lagbara Jesu. Gbogbo wa asorire smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 4:00am On Jan 17, 2009
Amin o.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 4:27am On Jan 17, 2009
i even forgot to say that you lasses
are quick to say that we are not romantic
how many of you know the first thing about romance?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

I don't, but if I was to learn, wouldn't he be the one to teach me?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 4:40am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

Believe me, as ignorant as you may think the lasses are, they are light years ahead of the blokes.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 4:43am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

Believe me, as ignorant as you may think the lasses are, they are light years ahead of the blokes.
oh plz
not this bloke
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 4:50am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

oh plz
not this bloke

#

So you believe that you are more romantic than all Naija girls?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 4:51am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

#

So you believe that you are more romantic than all Naija girls?

i assumed we were talking in general terms here
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 4:54am On Jan 17, 2009
You assumed right. But with your definite reply, I wanted to know how gr8 you thought you were. What is the most romantic thing you have done for your girlfriend (be honest pls), and when was the last time you did anything romantic & what was it?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 4:58am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

You assumed right. But with your definite reply, I wanted to know how gr8 you thought you were. What is the most romantic thing you have done for your girlfriend (be honest pls), and when was the last time you did anything romantic & what was it?
this is a personal question i will choose
not to answer on a public forum
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 5:04am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

this is a personal question i will choose
not to answer on a public forum

Do you know anyone personally here? or Does anyone know who you are?
Moreover, I did not ask for any sleazy details of God-only-knows-what. If we are talking romatic, then it is not something that should cause embarrassment. But Okay, you are entitled to withold whatever info makes you uncomfortable.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:07am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

Do you know anyone personally here? or Does anyone know who you are?
Moreover, I did not ask for any sleazy details of God-only-knows-what. If we are talking romatic, then it is not something that should cause embarrassment. But Okay, you are entitled to withold whatever info makes you uncomfortable.
thanks love wink
i could talk about things i would do for a woman
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

thanks love wink
what's the diff between what you'll do and what you've done? they're both personal.
Might as well talk about neither of them
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 5:10am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

thanks love wink

Abeg no come quote one textbook or romantic film jargon for me o.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:13am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

lol even if i did you will not know the difference! cheesy

HeatFusion:

what's the diff between what you'll do and what you've done? they're both personal.
Might as well talk about neither of them
heat fusion and romance do not go together
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by DaPhoenix(f): 5:14am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

[img]http://brandysource.net/board/Smileys/default/pwahaha[/img]
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

grin grin grin

Treetop20:

heat fusion and romance do not go together
tell your fellow brothers, hopefully they'll believe you. Been trying to tell y'all that. thanks jare
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 5:17am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

lol even if i did you will not know the difference! cheesy

No. I may not know the difference because I do not know you personally, nor do I know what you are capable or incapable of. however, you do. And seated in front of your computer, you know in your heart whether or not you are really romantic. Forget the crap many write on here, at the end of the day, you know who you are and you are not fooling me because it does not matter to me one way or the other (but it must to a person if he/she feels the need to lie to make their actions seem better or more acceptable to readers).
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:20am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

No. I may not know the difference because I do not know you personally, nor do I know what you are capable or incapable of. however, you do. And seated in front of your computer, you know in your heart whether or not you are really romantic. Forget the crap many write on here, at the end of the day, you know who you are and you are not fooling me because it does not matter to me one way or the other (but it must to a person if he/she feels the need to lie to make their actions seem better or more acceptable to readers).
that is my point all along
you will not know the difference!
i may well copy it from somewhere and paste it here
romance comes naturally when you really love someone
and that is that really. i may not write poetry on nairaland
but i could for the girl out there who i feel that way for
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 5:22am On Jan 17, 2009
Yes! But who do you think you have fooled? Definitely not me, cos I couldn't care less one way or the other. But YOU on the otherhand will know that you are so pathetic that you had to resort to lies to make you look good. undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:24am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

Yes! But who do you think you have fooled? Definitely not me, cos I couldn't care less one way or the other. But YOU on the otherhand will know that you are so pathetic that you had to resort to lies to make you look good. undecided
i am tickled to bits!
make myself look good for someone i do not know?
what is in it for me? common man!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 5:25am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

So you really do not know until you find or are with "that girl"

Treetop20:

i am tickled to bits!
make myself look good for someone i do not know?
what is in it for me? common man!

People do it all the time. undecided (To make their persona seem much more attractive to anyone reading) lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:26am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

*sigh*
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 5:28am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

*sigh*

Don't get me wrong. i am not criticising you in any way. I just made a plain statement based on my understanding of what you wrote.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by DaPhoenix(f): 5:28am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

hahaha

@Sapphic, I feel like this romance thing is subjective. What might be romantic to you, might be a shitload of BS to me. Plus when he talks about it, it might not feel as special as when he actually does it.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:30am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

People do it all the time. undecided (To make their persona seem much more attractive to anyone reading) lipsrsealed
not me
i am not here to pick up women
trust me on that
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by fe32(m): 5:32am On Jan 17, 2009
wen you  lokk for look in the wrong places and for the wrong reasons, you wll most likely never find romance, the most beautiful of faces  most likely equate players in men and overwhelmingly demanding in woman, at most times you never find love or wonderful xperiences with these, many nl babes posting all these threads are those who will treat not too good lookin sule like trash cos his only sin is that he does not meet their looks and most times money standards, but such may have a heart full of love xpressed in ways these guys may never have imagined

even with the female friends , i have done things and acted in ways they mostly find absolutelty unbelievable letalone my gal (i look good thou wink)

as some1 ritekly said, it's a perception thing and if i may add, it depends on where our females are lookin at for love, ordinary people have extraordinary love, not all thou

believe me i'v been with ladies who have shared tears(of unbelieve) at some things i'v don, said or shared with them  and i be naija 100%, live in lagos

and my some gals could be unbelievably unromantic 2
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 5:33am On Jan 17, 2009
It is indeed subjective. Many times, it is not the magnitude of the act, but the very gesture. However, there are somethings that make many people sigh with longing generally, like when a woman narrates how her boyfriend proposed and you jear a collective sentimental "aaah". Another woman's proposal may have been just as romantic to her but people might snigger. Generally though, when the tree man said he generally thought that he was more romantic than Naija girls on average, i wanted to know why he thought that.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Moonstone(f): 5:34am On Jan 17, 2009
I have to say that SOME Nigerian men are romantic. One of my most romantic experiences ever occurred with a Nigerian who I wasn't even dating and till date, he's still receiving my appreciation for that.

HOWEVER, MOST of them are very piggish and untrained. They have no idea what romance is. AND For the last time, SEX is not Romance! Somehow, some guys don't know this till date.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:38am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

It is indeed subjective. Many times, it is not the magnitude of the act, but the very gesture. However, there are somethings that make many people sigh with longing generally, like when a woman narrates how her boyfriend proposed and you jear a collective sentimental "aaah". Another woman's proposal may have been just as romantic to her but people might snigger. Generally though, when the tree man said he generally thought that he was more romantic than Naija girls on average, i wanted to know why he thought that.
example
i told heatfusion the other day that
i could buy her perfumes(ie suggest really nice ones i know and once she tries it out and likes it, buy them) for her
and also buy her clothes as well ( i know she will like it too)
she said she'd rather buy her own stuff lipsrsealed cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / My Teacher And I (A Short Romantic Story) / In Response To Making Love During Menstruation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.