Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Are Nigerian Guys Romantic - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Guys Romantic (4586 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Are Yoruba Guys Romantic?, i think i might marry a yoruba guy / Are Nigerian Guys Romantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 5:39am On Jan 17, 2009
Moonstone:

HOWEVER, MOST of them are very piggish and untrained. They have no idea what romance is. AND For the last time, SEX is not Romance! Somehow, some guys don't know this till date.

Tell me about it. For some Naija men, if they make the mistake and succeed in making a woman achieve an orgasm, they think they have done the most romantic thing in the world.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 5:41am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

example
i told heatfusion the other day that
i could buy her perfumes(ie suggest really nice ones i know and once she tries it out and likes it, buy them) for her
and also buy her clothes as well ( i know she will like it too)
she said she'd rather buy her own stuff lipsrsealed cheesy

Tell me, will you count that as being romantic?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Moonstone(f): 5:43am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

Tell me about it. For some Naija men, if they make the mistake and succeed in making a woman achieve an orgasm, they think they have done the most romantic thing in the world.
It gets better from here o! My friend and her bf just finished whatever it is that they did and she said she wanted something more romantic like a candlelight dinner and movie of some sort. The guy replied that Sex is the best romance any woman can find. Imagine that rubbish!

If it were me, I will so kick him ehn. . . then teach him the biggest lesson of his life.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:43am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

Tell me, will you count that as being romantic?
it would be romantic if it was a dress you've
always wanted and i bought it for you( as a surprise and sent it to you) to wear out
on a date/dinner/ we are going to
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

example
i told heatfusion the other day that
i could buy her perfumes(ie suggest really nice ones i know and once she tries it out and likes it, buy them) for her
and also buy her clothes as well ( i know she will like it too)
she said she'd rather buy her own stuff lipsrsealed cheesy

That was totally under another topic. . . .just can't rem. what topic it was
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:44am On Jan 17, 2009
Moonstone:

It gets better from here o! My friend and her bf just finished whatever it is that they did and she said she wanted something more romantic like a candlelight dinner and movie of some sort. The guy replied that Sex is the best romance any woman can find. Imagine that rubbish!

If it were me, I will so kick him ehn. . . then teach him the biggest lesson of his life.
would you really? women are known to tell their friends
something and do the opposite when it comes to them
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:45am On Jan 17, 2009
HeatFusion:

That was totally under another topic. . . .just can't rem. what topic it was
l[i]ol not calling you out or nothing love[/i] cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 17, 2009
Moonstone:

was he a naija man?

Was it David? angry angry
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Moonstone(f): 5:55am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

would you really? women are known to tell their friends
something and do the opposite when it comes to them

I would. I'm very aggressive in person.
I'm also one who refuses to allow any guy get away things like that.
HeatFusion:

was he a naija man?

Was it David? angry angry
David ke? LOL! You crazy.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 5:58am On Jan 17, 2009
Moonstone:

I would. I'm very aggressive in person.
I'm also one who refuses to allow any guy get away things like that. David ke? LOL! You crazy.

ok i was just checking
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 6:11am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

it would be romantic if it was a dress you've
always wanted and i bought it for you( as a surprise and sent it to you) to wear out

Yes. But the volunteering to pay for stuff is not romantic.

Moonstone:

ROFLMAO. . . Me, I will keep quiet and pay him back in a way that he will never forget. Vindictive is a word that has been known to be used in the same sentence as me. LOL.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 6:12am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

Yes. But the volunteering to pay for stuff is not romantic.

ROFLMAO. . . Me, I will keep quiet and pay him back in a way that he will never forget. Vindictive is a word that has been known to be used in the same sentence as me. LOL.
did i say it was?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by DaPhoenix(f): 6:16am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

did i say it was?

pretty much

Treetop20: it would be romantic if it was a dress you've
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 6:17am On Jan 17, 2009
DaPhoenix:

pretty much

bought or got it for you
same thing.or maybe i am supposed to say i nicked it from the store?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by DaPhoenix(f): 6:22am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

bought or got it for you
same thing.

The point is either way you paid for it and Sapphic was saying that that isn't romantic.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 6:23am On Jan 17, 2009
DaPhoenix:

The point is either way you paid for it and Sapphic was saying that that isn't romantic.
ok lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by DaPhoenix(f): 6:24am On Jan 17, 2009
Btw, you were acting like you just did her a HUGE favor. She would have still bought the dress anyway . . . with a couple more paychecks lol.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 6:25am On Jan 17, 2009
DaPhoenix:

Btw, you were acting like you just did her a HUGE favor. She would have still bought the dress anyway . . . with a couple more paychecks lol.
ok
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 6:28am On Jan 17, 2009
DaPhoenix:

The point is either way you paid for it and Sapphic was saying that that isn't romantic because you were acting like you did a major favor.

That was not what I meant. What I meant was that if you come home for example like you said, with a dress she had admired and surprised her with it, that is romantic (obviouslt, you would have bought it). If on the other hand you say something like (again an example) 'I want to buy you something, what do you like," or "Pick something out and I will pay," that is NOT romantic. Because in scenario 1 you took the initiative and surprised her. In scenario 2 you just flashed the cash about like some local Igbotic trader in Aba market, thinking she has a price and you can buy her. Not romantic at all. undecided (Abeg Igbo people no kill me o. na ordinary example I dey give o. No vex. undecided)
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 6:31am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

That was not what I meant. What I meant was that if you come home for example like you said, with a dress she had admired and surprised her with it, that is romantic (obviouslt, you would have bought it). If on the other hand you say something like (again an example) 'I want to buy you something, what do you like," or "Pick something out and I will pay," that is NOT romantic. Because in scenario 1 you took the initiative nad surprised her. In scenario 2 you just flashed the cash about like some local Igbotic trader in Aba market. undecided (Abeg Igbo people no kill me o. na ordinary example I dey give o. No vex. undecided)
go back and read my post
did i by any chance imply that or say that?
i give up!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 6:43am On Jan 17, 2009
Treetop20:

go back and read my post
did i by any chance imply that or say that?
i give up!

KINDLY DO GIVE UP. WHICH PART OF THIS IS AN EXAMPLE DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? angry
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 6:44am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

KINDLY DO GIVE UP. WHICH PART OF THIS IS AN EXAMPLE DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? angry
good now we are on the same page angry cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by DaPhoenix(f): 6:45am On Jan 17, 2009
lmao @ everyone not understanding with the other is tryna say.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 6:51am On Jan 17, 2009
Don't mind the guy ojare. I knew he would be finicky so I took the pains to say I was using an example, the guy still dey complain. Me sef I don wave white flag. undecided tongue embarassed
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Taken(m): 7:17am On Jan 17, 2009
Word, you tame your man - lol.  What you had/have is conditional, step beyond your boundaries and see what a man is made up of.  Can you tame a lion?
Talk, Talk, Talk. Let a man be in control of himself and let us see if one of you will tame such or manipulate such.

From the beginning of time, it appears that some women find it pleasurable to bring down a man - lol <Tick Tock, his head is under her pillow>

Nevertheless, I give it to women that through them their men became something in life, through them their men never gave up, and through them great men and women were brought forth into being.

Anyway, any man anywhere is romantic and it all depends on the way you described it.  If not for Hollywood that uses classical conditioning to brainwashed mankind,
yall will not be talking about what is romantic or not.   

I wonder if the next question is, can Nigerian men have sex!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by JJYOU: 5:44pm On Jan 17, 2009
Taken:

Word, you tame your man - lol.  What you had/have is conditional, step beyond your boundaries and see what a man is made up of.  Can you tame a lion?
Talk, Talk, Talk. Let a man be in control of himself and let us see if one of you will tame such or manipulate such.

From the beginning of time, it appears that some women find it pleasurable to bring down a man - lol <Tick Tock, his head is under her pillow>

Nevertheless, I give it to women that through them their men became something in life, through them their men never gave up, and through them great men and women were brought forth into being.

Anyway, any man anywhere is romantic and it all depends on the way you described it.  If not for Hollywood that uses classical conditioning to brainwashed mankind,
yall will not be talking about what is romantic or not.   

I wonder if the next question is, can Nigerian men have sex!
go ahead and ask it because some people here believe what makes a woman is having a pair of child bearing ribs. may God help us. i have said it years ago and repeat it we are bringing up a generation that is poorer than their parents. i am not talking mobile phones and ipods here.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 4:18am On Jan 18, 2009
lol
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by C2H5OH(f): 8:09am On Jun 03, 2009
Sapphic i've missed you o. where are you?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by whitelexi(m): 8:21am On Jun 03, 2009
Another crazy talk thread. . . Like OMG! I went to this gig and it was off da hook! I thought i was dead cos i could see angels! So like, i walked up to one and asked, God! am i dead cos i can see angels? and she was like wateva, and i was like wateva, and she was like wateva, and so i was like wateva, but at least we chatted! grin
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by C2H5OH(f): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2009
whitelexi:

Another crazy talk thread. . . Like OMG! I went to this gig and it was off da hook! I thought i was dead cos i could see angels! So like, i walked up to one and asked, God! am i dead cos i can see angels? and she was like wateva, and i was like wateva, and she was like wateva, and so i was like wateva, but at least we chatted! grin
omg lmaooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does She Mean When She Playfully Tells You That You Are SHORT / I Need Help With My So Called Virgin Girlfriend / Story Time....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.