Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Are Nigerian Guys Romantic - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Guys Romantic (4585 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Are Yoruba Guys Romantic?, i think i might marry a yoruba guy / Are Nigerian Guys Romantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 16, 2009
Mehn, if I coud just describe you the romance that lives WITHIN my man kiss kiss

Some of them are, my guy is a living testimony! kiss
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by SisiJinx: 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2009
All jokes aside. . . are we forgetting who were dealing with here? The day you open your mouth and say "Dahlin', sweeri, love of my life. . . why don't you do this" is the day you hear "You want to change me! Didn't you see me like this before you married me" and when you bring your wahala to Nairaland they will tell you "Didn't you notice he wasn't like that before marriage? It is you fault for not being discerning enough. . . Deal with it."

I say, never go into a relationship thinking you can change the other person coz you might as well be digging a pit of disappointment to bury yourself in.

@ Topic
If by romance you mean did they give you the opportunity to kowtow to their every whim? Then Yes, oh God Yes. . .  Nigerian men are absolutely positively the most romantic men on the surface of the earth!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistawoman: 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2009
Also remember the training goes both ways.  

As we are training and grooming him, he too is doing the same with us.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistawoman: 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

All jokes aside. . . are we forgetting who were dealing with here? The day you open your mouth and say "Dahlin', sweeri, love of my life. . . why don't you do this" is the day you hear "You want to change me! Didn't you see me like this before you married me" and when you bring your wahala to Nairaland they will tell you "Didn't you notice he wasn't like that before marriage? It is you fault for not being discerning enough. . . Deal with it."

I say, never go into a relationship thinking you can change the other person coz you might as well be digging a pit of disappointment to bury yourself in.

@ Topic
If by romance you mean did they give you the opportunity to kowtow to their every whim? Then Yes, oh God Yes. . . Nigerian men are absolutely positively the most romantic men on the surface of the earth!!!

That is the problem.

Training starts way, way, way, way before marriage. If you start after marriage it wont work and you are stuck with what you got.

Training starts with hello how are you.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

@ Topic
If by romance you mean did they give you the opportunity to kowtow to their every whim? Then Yes, oh God Yes. . . Nigerian men are absolutely positively the most romantic men on the surface of the earth!!!
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Tsiya(m): 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2009
Kai sistawoman, if all women will be like you, life would have bn easy.Your advice and narratives are quiet exciting. They incite my hunger for marriage. How can I make my wife so understand? Should I assume that you could be like 10 years in marriage?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by SisiJinx: 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

Also remember the training goes both ways.  

As we are training and grooming him, he too is doing the same with us.

Most woman don't need the men to change them. From the moment they choose to be in a relationship with him, they start turning themselves inside out to accommodate him.

It's too bad some men don't appreciate or reciprocate the gesture, too bad you gotta approach them in the same manner you do with a dog just learning not to pee in your suede pumps. cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

That is the problem.

Training starts way, way, way, way before marriage.  If you start after marriage it wont work and you are stuck with what you got.

sorry, work will burn plenty of the romance out of your man - esp if he works in lagos. lets see - he gets up at 5, is out of the house at 6, braves 2 hours plus of traffic (crazy policemen lastma officiials psychotic okada riders, other drivers, area boys etc) get to work where he is bombarded for the next eight to ten hours and finally closes at 9pm, to face another 1- 2hours on the road, after which he get home to the noise of the generator, a reminder that there is no petrol in the house, diapers have just finished, the borehole needs to be pumped

- you women talk about feeling exploited etal and how  it kills your sex drive - well the same thing applies to us men too - the burdens of respobnsibility kill our romance too.

i sometimes get aggravated by my wifes romantic ideas because they often are not compatible with the lifestyle i'm leading. one day, i went to her office to drop something. she had planned a suprise lunch. romantic ? yes. practical? no. i'd basically sneaked out of the office for 10 minutes - and she expected me to take like 30 minutes for unplanned dinner - unh unh.no can do.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Tsiya(m): 11:15pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sisi Yaya kike?

You are very harsh on men. I dont think Im a bad man but I cant understand, is it not the women that sometimes cause wahala in marriage? My father told me you dont know ur friend untill 3 things enter between u and them: (1) Stay in d same room for some months or even years (2) financial obligations enters between the 2 of you (3) sharing responsiblity and power come between the 2 of you

Patience and compromise are key to all form friendship, and I think marriage should not an exception.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by SisiJinx: 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

That is the problem.

Training starts way, way, way, way before marriage.  If you start after marriage it wont work and you are stuck with what you got.

Training before, after, in between. . . the point remains (at least for me) do not go into a relationship thinking you can change someone. I'm sorry to say this but you have an almost idealistic outlook of this and while I don't hold it against you, we have to be real here. You keep saying train him, train him as if these are little pups whose only worry in life is having a warm bowl of milk.

Back to the training him,  so you do it, work morning ,afternoon and night yet it doesn't take because. . . you know these are people with their own minds and some sense, what then?  

I think I'd much rather look at his flaws, what he is capable of, what my expectations are and the reality of them being me by him and decide for myself if I can live with what I will get from him. I'd also hope the guy will do the same thing with me instead of thinking "Ohh, Training 101 starts at 9pm after the first Hello"
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by C2H5OH(f): 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2009
What kind of rubbish are you stupid ingrates always posting on this forum?  Just confess that you have bad taste in men instead of trying to perpetuate these repulsive stereotypes.

Foolish idiot!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by vicade(m): 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2009
only few Naija girls are Romantic cos they are more likely to React than Act.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Training before, after, in between. . . the point remains (at least for me) do not go into a relationship thinking you can change someone. I'm sorry to say this but you have an almost idealistic outlook of this and while I don't hold it against you, we have to be real here. You keep saying train him train him as he these are little pups whose only worry in life is having a warm bowl of milk.

Back to the training him,  so you do it, work morning ,afternoon and night yet it doesn't take because. . . you know these are people with their own minds and some sense, what then?  

I think I'd much rather look at his flaws, what he is capable of, what my expectations are and the reality of them being me by him and decide for myself if I can live with what I will get from him. I'd also hope the guy will do the same thing with me instead of thinking "Ohh, Training 101 starts at 9pm after the first Hello"

sisi fit kill person o.  grin
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Tsiya(m): 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Training before, after, in between. . . the point remains (at least for me) do not go into a relationship thinking you can change someone. I'm sorry to say this but you have an almost idealistic outlook of this and while I don't hold it against you, we have to be real here. You keep saying train him train him as he these are little pups whose only worry in life is having a warm bowl of milk.

Think you are right. I dont expect the woman that I marry should change my way of life and my perception. It is like loosing my indentity. My training. The culture my mother spends all her precious life trying to imbibe into me. My sense, my likes, dislikes, my interest, everything going into smoke screen because some woman want to rule my life. I think it is even the woman that should study her husband and try to change so that she will rhyme with my life, especially if Im a the provider.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by LilWitch(f): 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I was trying to learn more about something (won't tell you) so I googled "Nigerian Men", clicked on "I'm feeling lucky" and I landed on this site. Been reading all the interesting topics since but I have to comment on this one. Who says Nigerian men are not romantic?? The one I'm currently dating is DIVINE.  
I just wish more men like that would come from wherever he is from and that is, Nigeria!
Nigerian women, please appreciate your men!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by SisiJinx: 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2009
Tsiya:

Sisi Yaya kike?

You are very harsh on men. I dont think Im a bad man but I cant understand, is it not the women that sometimes cause wahala in marriage? My father told me you dont know ur friend untill 3 things enter between u and them: (1) Stay in d same room for some months or even years (2) financial obligations enters between the 2 of you (3) sharing responsiblity and power come between the 2 of you

Patience and compromise are key to all form friendship, and I think marriage should not an exception.

Ina lafiya, Tsiya. . . nagode. Kai?

I am not being harsh, I promise you I am not. Sure I joke here and there but the truth is I like my Nigerian men. I hear the compromise, the patience and all the other la di da words but let's be honest, when they say that. . . isn't it the women the expect to carry it out? This is where the issue is. . . there are two people in the relationship, no? How come it is one person's compromise, one person's patience, one person's longsufferingness expected to sustain the two person relationship?  

Call me naive but I don't think it is fair (and I know life isn't fair, so spare me that) and perpetuating  this idealistic notion that you can "train" another human being into becoming what you want them to become is not helping none.

In my opinion, it only adds more pressure on the women because they now think it is their fault their husbands, boyfriends, SO aren't doing things certain things for them. "Oh I'm just not good a trainer, that's why he still hasn;t gotten it yet that giving flowers is nice romantic gesture."

GMFB!!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by vicade(m): 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2009
Lil Witch:

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I was trying to learn more about something (won't tell you) so I googled "Nigerian Men", clicked on "I'm feeling lucky" and I landed on this site. Been reading all the interesting topics since but I have to comment on this one. Who says Nigerian men are not romantic?? The one I'm currently dating is DIVINE.  
I just wish more men like that would come from wherever he is from and that is, Nigeria!
Nigerian women, please appreciate your men!!!

Tell them O. Tell Them
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by SisiJinx: 11:39pm On Jan 16, 2009
Lmao! I don't mean to kill anybody oooh. . .  at least not yet. Us Succubi wait until after mating. cheesy cheesy

Acid ki lon se e lately sef? Egba wo lo be re gbogbo cursing yi?  cry cry
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Lmao! I don't mean to kill anybody oooh. . . at least not yet. Us Succubus wait until after mating. cheesy cheesy

Acid ki lon se e lately sef? Egba wo lo be re gbogbo cursing yi? cry cry
Lost of sanity
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by SisiJinx: 11:42pm On Jan 16, 2009
Ruby!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistawoman: 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2009
I dont want to change him but want him to give me some of the things I like because I am giving him some of the things he likes.

Maybe train is the wrong word.  Lets see. . . . . .Teach is a better word.  You teach him how treat you and react to you. How to be romantic.

Does teaching your man sound better?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Tsiya(m): 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sisit what do u mean by GMFB?

Well, me I used to get confuse with all these love thing. I cant even understand what this love is all about. I just dont even know why a man can love so many women within a short period of time. It is always difficult to satisfy human beings. They always want more. Greed 4 money, greed 4 love, greed 4 romance, greed in everything. The most romantic couples sill feels something is missing. So I conclude everything is about perception.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by C2H5OH(f): 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2009
Loss of sanity?  You know I am very uppity at the moment so don't fucking ta si mi.

By the way Sisi, it adds color and purveys seriousness.  Taking it lightly with nuisances won't cause them to budge
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 16, 2009
C2H5OH:

Loss of sanity? You know I am very uppity at the moment so don't fucking ta si mi.
Oooohhh, am so scared. Lol, you should try this out on Halloween. . . .trust me, you don't need a mask, just say exactly same words.

H202, I don't care what da hell is itching you, calm your ass down.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by SisiJinx: 11:56pm On Jan 16, 2009
Tsiya, you don't wanna know what GMFB means!!! I am a lost cause, you save yourself okay? grin grin grin

Trust  me, no one really has a firm handle on what this love thing is. Apart from the fact that human beings are complex the feelings they come with are even complexer. . . hehehehe. Me. . . I say KNOWING YOUR SELF and WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE is a good start off point.

A'ight GMFB mean Give Me a Freaking Break but not freaking the other F word. I know, I know! Baaaaaad!embarassed embarassed

@ HeatFusion
Ruby, pele pele ni won fin mu Acid now. . . you get? I've still not gotten a feel for Sillyboy, so as far as I am concerned, Acid it was, is and it will ever be, jo ma ruin ise owo mi with agidi ati shakara cheesy cheesy

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by SisiJinx: 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2009
Oh noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is it!!! I can't take it anymore. . . . What is up with you two now?!! angry angry cry
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 12:24am On Jan 17, 2009
Nigerian men and Romantic do not usually occur in the same sentence unless when separted by a very important word i.e. "NOT.

There fore Nigerian Men = Not Romantic. When you see a Nigerian man "pretending" to be romantic, he has an ulterior motive. undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by C2H5OH(f): 12:28am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

Nigerian men and Romantic do not usually occur in the same sentence unless when separted by a very important word i.e. "NOT.

There fore Nigerian Men = Not Romantic. When you see a Nigerian man "pretending" to be romantic, he has an ulterior motive. undecided
Definitely not a statement of fact.

Looks like Nairaland Women are only accustomed to dating pigs.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Sapphic: 12:42am On Jan 17, 2009
C2H5OH:

Looks like Nairaland Women are only accustomed to dating pigs.

Of course they are. You do know that Nigerian male is a euphemism for inconsiderate pig? wink
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Tatase(f): 12:44am On Jan 17, 2009
Q: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic?

A: They can be. At times, suspiciously so.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 12:46am On Jan 17, 2009
Sapphic:

reh reh reh
there's always an ulterior motive with you lot
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by tope2000(f): 12:46am On Jan 17, 2009
Only if they want to which is really SAD and by they i mean 5% of them cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Majina Ya Wanafunzi Waliochaguliwa Kujiunga Na Jeshi La Polisi 2015 / Photo: Kid With Swag, Which One Of The Pics Won / Living With Your Boyfriend And Going To Church Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.