Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Are Nigerian Guys Romantic - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Guys Romantic (4582 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Are Yoruba Guys Romantic?, i think i might marry a yoruba guy / Are Nigerian Guys Romantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Soommy(f): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2009
the question has been bugging 4 a while and am beginning to think it doesn't exit in their vocabulary
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by MissyB1(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2009
My man is a full blooded Nigerian and he's ROMANCE himself. cool cool
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by alexbabe: 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2009
some are and some are not bt my man is too romantic.de guy sabi romance no be small and e be nigerian o.atimes i dey beg am sef make e no cum kil me wt romance o tongue tongue cool cool grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistawoman: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2009
Missy B:

My man is a full blooded Nigerian and he's ROMANCE himself. cool cool

I agree 1000%.

If your guy is not romantic you can train him to be. It should be part of your standard training when you start to groom him.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by martho(m): 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

I agree 1000%.

If your guy is not romantic you can train him to be. It should be part of your standard training when you start to groom him.
wise talk,i like people with wisdom.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2009
@ topic

Most Nigerian men think romance = sex.

As a matter of fact they are fond of posting sexually explicit topics in Romance.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by goodass(m): 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2009
nooo we r not, r we romans? bsydz only pipz whu take rothmans r
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistawoman: 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2009
goodass:

nooo we r not, r we romans?

Yes they are. They are as romantic as the woman needs them to be.

Ladies,
the way he is in courtship is the way he must be in marriage. It is your job to make sure he is. The woman is always in control of the r/s and how the man will act.

You teach others how to treat you, so dont complain when he is not romantic it just means that you accepted his non-romantic behavior and allowed it to contiune.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

Ladies,
the way he is in courtship is the way he must be in marriage. It is your job to make sure he is. The woman is always in control of the r/s and how the man will act.

You teach others how to treat you, so dont complain when he is not romantic it just means that you accepted his non-romantic behavior and allowed it to contiune.

Then find a romantic guy from the start, because if a dude doesn't like flowers, no matter the amount of nags you through at him, he still won't like them.

We are control only when the product has potentials if not we are just disillusioned.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistawoman: 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2009
michelin89:

Then find a romantic guy from the start, because if a dude doesn't like flowers, no matter the amount of nags you through at him, he still won't like them.

We are control only when the product has potentials if not we are just disillusioned.

I have to disagree. ANY man is trainable by someone who knows what she is doing.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Busybody2(f): 7:13pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

I agree 1000%.

Too much hard work, i will pass, thanks, besides there are plenty fishes in the sea cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Busybody2(f): 7:15pm On Jan 16, 2009
michelin89:

Exactly.

sistawoman:

I have to disagree. ANY man is trainable by someone who knows what she is doing.

Waste of valuable time
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

I have to disagree.  ANY man is trainable by someone who knows what she is doing.

Gosh men are now donkeys.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

But you know what? My father always tells me: an ass in the morning is always an ass in the evening.

This is a sad quest for a power we don't have.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistawoman: 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2009
Busy_body:

Too much hard work, i will pass, thanks, besides there are plenty fishes in the sea cheesy

It really is not hard work.

If a woman is worth her weight in gold, if she is a good woman, if she has his heart, a man will move heaven and earth, leap tall buildings in a single bound and will everything he can not to loose her.

If for her she wants flowers, he will buy. If she wants cards, he will buy. Whatever her vision of romance is he will do. You have to clear and to the point what it is that you want because men dont pick up on hints. If they ask you want you want for you b-day, hand him a list. If you say I want more romance tell him just what that means. All of this is training. You hold thier hand and lead them thru it a few times after that they remember or write it down or whatever they do but they remember.

But that is only if you are a good woman.

Trust me.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by JJYOU: 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2009
no condition is permanent. most people will change if you learn to appeal to their sense of reason. it may take time but it is worth the work
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by goodass(m): 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2009
@ poster
9j.a men don suffer o! ow many of dem don show yu anti-romantik tendencies b4 u generalize, en?

wen yu meet ur guy, hmm him go show yu romance pass ur drmz. mayb u dey attract d wrong type of guyz? lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Busybody2(f): 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

It really is not hard work.

If a woman is worth her weight in gold, if she is a good woman, if she has his heart, a man will move heaven and earth, leap tall buildings in a single bound and will everything he can not to loose her.

If for her she wants flowers, he will buy. If she wants cards, he will buy. Whatever her vision of romance is he will do. You have to clear and to the point what it is that you want because men dont pick up on hints. If they ask you want you want for you b-day, hand him a list. If you say I want more romance tell him just what that means. All of this is training. You hold thier hand and lead them thru it a few times after that they remember or write it down or whatever they do but they remember.

But that is only if you are a good woman.

Trust me.

The hard work that I have to practise would only be worth it for the reason highlighted above only grin
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by eminemkayc: 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sistawoman is rily right!! A woman has d power 2 mould her man! Bt that is if he luvs her!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by JJYOU: 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2009
Busy_body:

The hard work that I have to practise would only be worth it for the reason highlighted above only grin
you will do no such thing
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Busybody2(f): 8:30pm On Jan 16, 2009
JJYOU:

you will do no such thing

embarassed Yes Sirree, I would do no such, I wouldn't seriously, couldn't resist and was only joking embarassed

I like it when people strive and work and sacrifice for something, like Sistawoman said, It makes one appreciate each other more than when you just fall into each other's laps smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2009
sistawoman:

Ladies,

you go work tire. . .the romance of the carefree days of courting doesn't mix that easily with the responsibilities of marriage, being a provider and a nutrurer undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2009
Oh hell nah!! Who dashed them romance?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistawoman: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2009
oyb:

you go work tire. . .the romance of the carefree days of courting doesn't mix that easily with the responsibilities of marriage, being a provider and a nutrurer undecided

That is not true.

Do you want your woman to change after marriage?

Do you not expect her to cook and clean for you after marriage? Do you not expect for her to take care of you in the bedroom after marriage?

How hard it is it to stop and pick up a card at a store? It takes about 10 minutes of your time.
How hard is it to leave a little note telling her how you appreciate everthing she does. . . again another 10 minutes of your time.
How hard is it to take your wife to dinner, how about a movie, how about a weekend getaway or just a ride around town outside the house?

The rewards for romantic behavior far outweigh the time and effort that men have to put into it.

Come on dont be so freaking lazy. Cuz what you wont do another man will.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistajay(f): 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2009
Romance is not DEAD with Nigerian guys, they do show it only to those who capture their heart/deek!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by AloyEmeka9: 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2009
@ topic

Most Nigerian men think romance = sex.
It's a general thing biko. men always want a password to your pants.

As a matter of fact they are fond of posting sexually explicit topics in Romance.
Because romance is not a native of Africa.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Treetop20(m): 10:34pm On Jan 16, 2009
sista-jay:

Romance is not DEAD with Nigerian guys, they do show it only to those who capture their heart/deek!!!
you really deserve a hug for saying this
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 16, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Because romance is not a native of Africa.
Hmm, that's y'all excuse? pathetic!!

sista-jay:

DEAD!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2009
sista-jay:

almond?
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by Tsiya(m): 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2009
I think everything boils down to our perception of our life. We have turn our life upside down and believe nothing good comes out of our culture.  What criteria are you ppl trying to use to measure the level of romance? Is it from what you ppl read in Novels or watch in movies or from your personal experience with the bature ppl? I think Nigerian men are romantic. And Nigerians would have been more romantic if we were financially bouyant.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by MrCrackles(m): 10:48pm On Jan 16, 2009
Yes, i am a living testimony! cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by SisiJinx: 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2009
Train your man, it is your job to make sure he is this, it is your duty to make sure he is that. . . can I just get a puppy? At least with a dog, I can lock it up in his cage and tune him out when he starts misbehaving or wait. . . am I allowed to do that with a guy?!!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Romantic by sistawoman: 11:00pm On Jan 16, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Train your man, it is your job to make sure he is this, it is your duty to make sure he is that. . . can I just get a puppy? At least with a dog, I can lock it up in his cage and tune him out when he starts misbehaving or wait. . . am I allowed to do that with a guy?!!

Yes you can!!!!!

We have great great great power when it comes to men. . . as long as we know when and how to use it. As long as we don't abuse it and as long as we respect our own power.

There is great power in puzzy. There is great power in love.

As my husband has said to me. . . . you get away with all this silliness because i love you so much and over pamper you. He calls it silly behavior but I get what i want.

I know when tears are appropriate, I know when silence is appropriate, I know when to with hold sex and when to give it in abundance, I know when to pull out a new trick and when to tuck them away. I know when give him the puppy dog look and when to be strong and respectfully defiant. I know when to cave in and let him win or when to stand my ground and claim my victory. I know when to be helpless and let him rescue me or when to be strong and independent and handle it on my own.

If you know your man you know what you can get away with. If you train your man you know what he will/can do and wont/cant do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Any1 Bear Dis>? And Still Stay In Dis Kind Of Relationship..advise Pls / A Girl With A Very High Libido Or A Girl With A Very Low Libido / Check Up S£XY Photos From Amber Rose’s 32nd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.