Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport (151035 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Fadelex(m): 7:25am On Mar 21, 2022
Sankel:
I need to change my date of birth
Send me a pm
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by aromade112: 11:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
Please check I sent you a message
Powertheft:

Actually it was on tuesday 17th my nin got ready, so from wednesday which its 18th the process starts then i was told on the 26th yesterday that my passport was ready, so shocking i swear people wait months for this stuff o, i did two corrections on my nin and passport thats correction of year of birth, then removing of one name from my three names all went successfully and fast, like what they normally say "let your nin drop it will be fast" i still dont know what that mean till now, all what i know my passport came out fast than expected also i spent less than expected, at fast a woman charge me 300k to make this correction why nin i was charge 60k thats 360k in total, so i just gathered my self and went to abuja, a friend gave me a contact there end of the day both my nin and passport i spent 165k in total, aside my transport and feeding in abuja sha, buh i did both capture same day at the immigration building there.

cool cool cool wink wink
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Zaynab90: 11:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lamazi:
Please house i need help to correct my DOB..Immigration officer that collected 150k from me since May 2017 has been turning me around.
It's over 8months yet no positive result..

Please if you have successfully changed your's kindly help a sister, i have missed so many opportunities because of this.

What are those documents you brought to Abuja?

And how did u write a letter to ACG?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by lyrikalmoi(m): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2022
aromade112:
Please check I sent you a message

Please, can I get like a sample of the hand-written letter you wrote to the comptroller general?

I'm at that stage now and worried about making a mistake..
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by lyrikalmoi(m): 8:56am On Apr 02, 2022
Please, can I get like a sample of the hand-written letter you wrote to the comptroller general?

I'm at that stage now and worried about making a mistake..
Zaynab90:

What are those documents you brought to Abuja?

And how did u write a letter to ACG?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by fizcoo20(m): 7:58pm On Apr 12, 2022
Plz, his it advisable to apply for passport online via immigration website.

Pple from experience, I need candid advice.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by svich: 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2022
Fadelex:

Send me a pm. What's the year gap?
Hi please I wanna change Don on my passport all my supporting documents Nin, transcript, birth certificate have my correct age but my passport is wrong please help
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by svich: 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
House I really need on this DOB stuff please help out
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by adezie: 7:14pm On May 09, 2022
I want to renew my expired passport and change the name as I am now married. Please do I need my NIN to reflect the new name I want on my passport? Do I need NIN for this process? If I go to Abuja office will I be attended to on the same day?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by ungerein: 11:17pm On May 14, 2022
You can't just take any old document and expect it to be good enough. You have to make sure that the document is authentic and can be trusted as reliable. If you're working with a company that is the best in document checking, you don't have to worry about this because we have a team of professionals who will make sure that every single document is genuine. From my point of view, it's very safe to work with such companies because they will always secure your work and you won't have any problems with the law.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by oluwasolajames: 11:37pm On May 14, 2022
adezie:
I want to renew my expired passport and change the name as I am now married. Please do I need my NIN to reflect the new name I want on my passport? Do I need NIN for this process? If I go to Abuja office will I be attended to on the same day?

If you are in Lagos go to the shops beside the passport office in Alausa,Ikeja. They do it which is around 5k and less than 2-3 days. The name will be updated.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by adezie: 8:23am On May 19, 2022
oluwasolajames:

If you are in Lagos go to the shops beside the passport office in Alausa,Ikeja. They do it which is around 5k and less than 2-3 days. The name will be updated.
Thank you. I have submitted my application for a new passport with change of name due to marriage. It was quite easy. I didn't have to go to Abuja and I paid #55,000 here in Lokoja. I also didn't change my name on my NIN, it was used like that bearing my maiden name and I was captured on the same day. They told me it will be out on or before six weeks.
People come from neighboring states to Lokoja to do their fresh passport or renew. They give special treatment to people that did theirs online and you are captured the same day. Just be ready to wait for the six weeks for it to be out. Three weeks for renewal. My husband spent #41000 for himself and our two kids. I paid someone and I spent the whole day before I was captured. My husband and kids were out in 2 hours cos they did theirs online. Since they give special treatment to online people, why pay them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by pastor86(m): 1:59pm On May 24, 2022
slimbullet:

I sent you a mail. Kindly reply. Thank you!
otabor60@gmail.com
Am expecting your mail
Thanks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Candybright: 12:02am On Jun 11, 2022
adezie:

Thank you. I have submitted my application for a new passport with change of name due to marriage. It was quite easy. I didn't have to go to Abuja and I paid #55,000 here in Lokoja. I also didn't change my name on my NIN, it was used like that bearing my maiden name and I was captured on the same day. They told me it will be out on or before six weeks.
People come from neighboring states to Lokoja to do their fresh passport or renew. They give special treatment to people that did theirs online and you are captured the same day. Just be ready to wait for the six weeks for it to be out. Three weeks for renewal. My husband spent #41000 for himself and our two kids. I paid someone and I spent the whole day before I was captured. My husband and kids were out in 2 hours cos they did theirs online. Since they give special treatment to online people, why pay them?

People that do theirs online have done all the work, booked appointments and come on their appointment day and time with all documents. They just enter and do capturing. For someone that hasn't done anything, the person you paid will start with filling your forms and all and you know how rowdy that place can be.
For name change and date change, the application can be filled online too.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Chidoo1234: 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
Candybright:

People that do theirs online have done all the work, booked appointments and come on their appointment day and time with all documents. They just enter and do capturing. For someone that hasn't done anything, the person you paid will start with filling your forms and all and you know how rowdy that place can be.
For name change and date change, the application can be filled online too.
Where did you do your own pls. Can I contact you?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Khalifa022: 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
Please what does it take for a change of date of birth in international passport. How long does it take because of the urgency. How much and what are the required documents. Thanks.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Fadelex(m): 1:55am On Jun 28, 2022
Khalifa022:
Please what does it take for a change of date of birth in international passport. How long does it take because of the urgency. How much and what are the required documents. Thanks.
Send me a message...
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Candybright: 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Fadelex:

Send me a message...
How long does the process take?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Fadelex(m): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2022
Candybright:

How long does the process take?
It depends on the complexity of the application.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by uchman(m): 2:50am On Jul 09, 2022
mcjohn4444:
I'm currently in some really messy situation.
I'm posting this for those that might find it as a warning and also to seek advice.

My first passport was issued in 2009. The birth year was wrong and I immediately complained, but I got the normal "no worry, you go correct am later".
I got SA visa and left Naija. In 2012, my passport got lost in SA, I came back to Nigeria with ETC and applied for a renewal/correction. This was because Nigerian consulate in SA won't reissue a lost passport, also said corrections can only be done in Abuja.
Well, I was disappointed again cos the 'contact' I used did a renewal instead of correction. He said since I didn't want to pay enough, that's what he could do. If I'm really serious with correcting year of birth, I need to pay like 80k, this was in 2012.
Long story short, I returned to SA and lived normal, come 2017 for renewal, they said I can't fix this error unless I go to Abuja. Same issue, but since it wasn't affecting my life, I did the renewal and forgot about it.

In 2019, I left SA cos I wanted to move to my wife in Sweden. So, I used this opportunity to go to Nigeria and fix this issue once and for all. It took almost 8 months (I had to do drivers licence cos the BVN I had was done with incorrect passport data), then I corrected BVN with the driver's license, applied NIN and finally went to Abuja with 200k. Correct passport issued after about 7 weeks.

The problem now is with Swedish Authorities. I've been living in Sweden since Feb last year, but they refused to issue my long term residence permit cos they found out I've applied for Schengen visa in the past with a passport with different year of birth. They have the new one but they just can't get over the fact that it took me 10 years to fix this.

Mumu ara mi, I explained that it was impossible to do this from abroad, since I lived outside Nigeria for many years, I couldn't get it done. I was honest with my explanation. I explained all the stress I went through in Naija to fix it, but they don't seem to understand why it took that long.

To make matters worse, most Nigeria consulates has it on their website that you can make such corrections from there without going to Abuja �, although it gets approved in Abuja (contradictory to my statement). Now they think I've been lying and this isn't looking good for me.

What can I do? Is it possible to have an immigration officer write a letter to explain the difficulty of correcting this?

Please help

Which year did you apply for the Schengen Visa because most of the schengen countries started biometrics in Nigeria by 2015 and above like Germany and others?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by uchman(m): 3:15am On Jul 09, 2022
A friend want to change the name on his passport the surname is same but first and middle names is that of his elder brother, he told me that it was a mistake the day they went for capturing angry , I asked him if he verified the information before submitting, he affirms.

After the change of name, will he have to be attaching affidavit and others for Visa application?

After Change of Name/Date of birth, will both outdated and updated passport numbers be showing on the new passport or strictly one passport number for the updated?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by sKeetz(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
How do I do a change of date of birth in my international passport? If you have any idea on the process and how long it take, please kindly share with me.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Fadelex(m): 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
sKeetz:
How do I do a change of date of birth in my international passport? If you have any idea on the process and how long it take, please kindly share with me.
Send me a mail
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Graceyyyyyyyyyy: 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2022
I want to change the month of birth on my passport
How do I go about it
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Ifeanyi00: 7:24am On Jul 20, 2022
@1beat... How do I reach out to you?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Darkmode64: 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
shawnmich:
I want to change my full name on my passport due to family lineage. I have paid the change of data administrative fee online and have receive the acknowledge slip. I also have all the requested documents with me, so when I check the status it shows "your Payment has been received but waiting for approval" , so I asked NiS servicom when can I submit documents to back it up, is it after approval or prior to approval but I was told to submit the documents even before approval and after approval, I will go to headquarter again for biometric and payment of new passport. Has anyone experience this before and how long does it takes. It is DIY especially with the new rules of NIS . Anyone with similar issues?
Hey man, greetings. Did you eventually get your change of name approved?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Obj4real101: 4:09am On Aug 10, 2022
My name is Joseph Sunday, I'm from Lagos state. Im having error on my place of birth on my international passport instead of Lagos it was error on Ondo State. What can i do about it. Tanx
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Fowosere12: 12:22am On Aug 12, 2022
Please I needs urgent information can i collect my passport but the date of birth is incorrect can I apply for another new passport and use the correct date of birth instead of applying for the change of date of birth at the immigration HQ Abuja hope I won't have any issues I never use my current passport to travel out
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Bossman(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
You must have used your NIN correct? Nevertheless, you need to go through the change of DOB on the current passport.

Fowosere12:
Please I needs urgent information can i collect my passport but the date of birth is incorrect can I apply for another new passport and use the correct date of birth instead of applying for the change of date of birth at the immigration HQ Abuja hope I won't have any issues I never use my current passport to travel out
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Hatarah(f): 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
fizcoo20:
Plz, his it advisable to apply for passport online via immigration website.

Pple from experience, I need candid advice.

Thanks in anticipation.
please I need answer to this question
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Hatarah(f): 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hatarah:
please I need answer to this question
please anyone that has done diy change of name should let me know
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by myfred: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hatarah:
please anyone that has done diy change of name should let me know

I need help regarding about changing of names, dob and pod please ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.