Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? (76046 Views)

REACTION: Can You Marry A Man Currently Earning #50,000 Monthly? / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Nigerian Guy Busts Girlfriend Who Tried To Con Him Of N50,000 Wit Fake Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by emmanok24(m): 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
EggovinMma:
God forbid!
50k salary inside marriage. Na before ooo.But now, I REJECT EVERY SPIRIT OF POVERTY IN MY LIFE.My bible tells me to seek and I shall find, and whatever I bind here on earth shall be bind in heaven. I stand upon the rock of St Peter and I am binding every spirit of poverty in the life of my future husband, every spirit of meagre salary. I lose your hold on that poor future husband of mine.IT SHALL NOT BE MY POTION.50K SALARY KE? Which kind rough play be that?

That was what exactly Aunty Bukky was saying in 1999...

She still attends Single&Married Seminar holding monthly on a Prayer Mountain somewhere in Ibadan! cool
EggovinMma:
God forbid!
50k salary inside marriage. Na before ooo.But now, I REJECT EVERY SPIRIT OF POVERTY IN MY LIFE.My bible tells me to seek and I shall find, and whatever I bind here on earth shall be bind in heaven. I stand upon the rock of St Peter and I am binding every spirit of poverty in the life of my future husband, every spirit of meagre salary. I lose your hold on that poor future husband of mine.IT SHALL NOT BE MY POTION.50K SALARY KE? Which kind rough play be that?

That was what exactly Aunty Bukky was saying in 1999...

She still attends Single&Married Seminar holding monthly on a Prayer Mountain somewhere in Ibadan!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Mekzmoney(m): 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
U are d best. Ur d kinda lady I need grin are u married? cheesy Its just a question my dear.
Monicasque:
ohh gosh this is really getting tiring now. Why does it always has to be about money. What happened to ladies can you marry a man who you love and who loves you back? guy I would marry my man even if he was earning R1K coz money is not everything. I know how it's like to be in lack, and I know how it's like to have plenty. so I have learnt to be content whatever the situation. besides, in a man one must look at his character and ambition, he might be earning R2K today, but the one who created him is not a fool, and I know for a fact that someone's current situation might differ a whole lot in the future. Obviously I cant marry an ambitionless idiot who I can just see that he should be left as he is because he is hopeless, and besides, if I also contribute in the household, that R50K might just have a partner / helper right ?

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by iPopAlomo(m): 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
EggovinMma:

That's when life starts. kiss

in your father's house...

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by CHM11: 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
3cycle:

Don't be upset with her statement. As a man you know 50k is way too small to start a family with. In our society today, how much is 50k?

Truth is that men nowadays are not willing to work, they prefer to lazy around all day looking for whom to blame for their condition. Tomorrow they depend on their wife's to do everything for them.
A lazy man won't accept a 50K job bro. He will say its too small, sit at home and keep blaming and whining and complaining.
If the lady is as hard working as the guy is, they can both build something out of nothing. I have a cousin who earns 45K as a teacher, his girl got pregnant and he did the right thing and married her. Things were rough at first then he sacrificed a few months salary and his wife started women cream, weave-on, make up and other females stuffs business. Today this said guy has stopped his teaching job and he is now importing these stuffs into the country and with his wifes connection that she nade the hard way, they both pull in over a million monthly. Life is more than what we see from our bedroom, when you've been pushed to the wall, you will make some strong choices.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Jarus(m): 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
Earning 50k in an average Nigerian town is no small money.

If you're a bank contract staff earning 50k, and posted to Ede, Osun State, for instance, you will lead a decent life.

It is in Lagos that such monies are small. Even in Lagos, drivers that earn 30-40k per month are married, and don't look malnourished.

Our teachers in secondary school don't earn up to 50k and have beautiful wives and children, and even cars.

11 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaybrizzy:
I used to think igbo girls were the best until I met your type
bro i dont tink dt gurl is an igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by ogdada: 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Maamin:
Funny how some people see that 50k is way too small in a marriage...remember sometimes is not how big the money is but how well it was planned and used...not how far either but how well. even zero is good for a start..your state of mind determines how great you can be...Jesus fed great multitude with two fishes and five loafs yet I saw a comment of a lady here binding and casting against such meagre amounts..we all need to start somewhere.

#Alubarika
thanks... the real fact is so many graduate are even looking for a job of 50k, how much do you think they are paying a secondary sch teacher,some with family of 5 anyway its a matter of choice.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
some women here commenting rubbish who call themselves women have fish brains, are u handicap?, wont u contribute or serve as a help mate to ur husband?, can't u manage or u think d 50k salary is gonna be forever, gold diggers always wanting to reap where they didn't sow. Mtchewwww...

11 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by expozey(f): 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Why not? If 1 see ambition, hardwork and contentment. You'll be amazed at how much one can gather if we live wiithin our means, and not try and impress or oppress people.
By the grace of God I'm paying for a parcel of land now and sometimes I don't make up to 50k in month. Both of them will have to be ready to deny themselves somethings now in order to move forward

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
3cycle:

Yes by desperate girls
They were once like u. Any woman who doesn't make above N50K shouldn't talk. You don't make shishi or is talking money?

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by ffo(m): 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
EggovinMma:

I give so much care about the salary of who I decide to marry tomorrow. My quest to acquire as much as I can is to give my children the best in case of any ill eventuality. I refuse to accept such meagre salary, although I really appreciate ladies who really don't see it as a problem. smiley
It all boils down to choice. smiley

how much is your worth at the moment? how much are you earning?

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by girl4rmspace(f): 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
well, seeing as how i wud b working too, i dont mind.....but thats if i really really love him
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by bigshug213: 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Question For The Ladies, come tell us your Answer.

This is a very stupid question. So marriage is about money abi not love.
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by jaybee3(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
AlfaDan:
50K is not marriage criterial, cox some are Truckpushers earning N250 a day , same time Happily married with kids.
Would you marry a truckpusher?
Why should people set low benchmark?
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by MRMICKMEN: 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
EggovinMma:

I will work na, definitely.That's the more reason why currently I am studying and struggling to get a masters degree.No doubt, I don't intend stopping there. I will definitely be sad in that marriage, very sad.Leave o, I fit pack shiit for money o.

pack ur soul to hell,lets see who will look ur sorry backside at 55.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by kenchuworld: 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
EggovinMma:
God forbid!

Don't say God forbid, when my wife decided to marry me I was earning 60k. but now I earn far more than dat and we are doing very well. so do not look at the present please look the future.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Johnbosco77(m): 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
EggovinMma:
God forbid!
sharappppp Mrs egovin. which kind nonsense talk b dis.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by fzero: 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
EggovinMma:

I give so much care about the salary of who I decide to marry tomorrow. My quest to acquire as much as I can is to give my children the best in case of any ill eventuality. I refuse to accept such meagre salary, although I really appreciate ladies who really don't see it as a problem. smiley
It all boils down to choice. smiley
Its your type that reaches menopause in their fathers house.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
It all boils down to how you see marriage.personally,I can marry a guy who earns 50k when I know he has the ambition to be better than I met him.its not about the NOW,its about the future o.The fact tht a guy has a house,earns 300k and drives one small car doesn't make him a husband!what we ladies shud look out for is how well he treats you,his ability to listen to suggestions and plan ahead with you.50k is small I agree!But again,that's y every lady shud make her own money.As long as he can feed the family,pay the rent..y not?most tyms we focus on what the society expects from us,rather than what wud make us truly happy!it is well o.No wonder divorce is on d increase.I have a family frnd who got married to his wife wen d chips were really down..things were so bad that he started using his car for taxi business..the lady still worshipped him.he on the other hand treated her with respect and loved her.Today,he works with aero airline and is earning abt 600k.things are not always rosy from d start, but if the man is worth it,why not?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by kevoh(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
This is exactly what I was trying to say on that AS couples getting married thread, that you can not force your opinions on people not to marry cos of their genotype.

It's already pretty difficult for women to settle down with a low income earner and when they do find one who earns like 100k to 150k that they can manage, you tell her to break up the relationship because they are both AS genotype. And then a new search for another husband who earns above 100k and AA genotype begins? undecided People think life is just 1+1=2.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Setaje(f): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
jaybee3:
If the circumstances surrounding the his/her current situation is largely dependent on factors outside of their control then YES.

50K monthly is extremely challenging to live on especially when they start having kids

Exactly. Still background matters a lot. It's very difficult for a girl who was eating 3 square meals in her father's house to start eating one. But like they say, love conquers all. Love itself is a gamble. I have heard of many ladies who suffered wiv men yet the guy betrayed them at the end by getting married to someone else or fathering children from another woman after marriage. Nobody can be too wise when it comes to love and money. We all just gamble!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by fzero: 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
Johnbosco77:

sharappppp Mrs egovin. which kind nonsense talk b dis.
no answer that idi.ot jare

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by scribble: 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
lolababe331e:

That's wonderful but please answer these questions truthfully

Do you or have you ever cheated on her?
If you did or do, have you ever spent money on your mistress or given her money, bought her a phone, clothes e.t.c
If your answer to those questions is yes then you will see the reason why some women don't bother to suffer with any man. At the end of the day one girl who couldn't have cared less about you when you were broke and will still dump you as fast as hot coal if you go broke 2mwr is also enjoying where as she didn't have to sow undecided

I'm not feigning perfection but even with every mistake I make, I draw closer to her.

Had a side chick before we got married. Gave her my babes old phone after I got her an iPhone.

Deleted all the babes from my phone and all I do is stay home and play video games so as not to wander.

It's not easy but im trying. I got lucky and found real love. She did too. Real love comes with sacrifice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Kay17: 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
scribble:
4 years ago I was making about 50k

Now its about 1.5m

Married the woman who was there when it was 50k

I live for her now because she supported me with love, prayers, advice, encouragement and a constant smile.

It does not always end well.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by blesoh(f): 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
scribble:
4 years ago I was making about 50k

Now its about 1.5m

Married the woman who was there when it was 50k

I live for her now because she supported me with love, prayers, advice, encouragement and a constant smile.
God bless ur wife,some want ready made.same reason my hubby loves me so much,he had noth wen we started but today everyth is ok.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by kenchuworld: 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
50k not bad. I started wit 60k wen I marry my wife, but nw I earn far more than dat. so don't look at the present but focus on the future.
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Ajekpakororo: 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
THE MOD DON BAN MEME.YEYE DEY SMELL.

I CONTINUE TO REJECT A SALARY OF 50K! GOD FORBID!

I RELEASE THE FIREEEEE FROM HEAVEN ON THAT SALARY!!!! cheesy
Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Umejiaku87(m): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
You sound so childish.
EggovinMma:

My brother, that was during our mother's time.Where I come from, as an igbo gurl, my father made sure he slaved to give me the best, despite the fact he is not a graduate. I CAN NOT MARRY A MAN THATS LESS THAT MY FATHER. I CAN NOT EAT THERE SQUARE MEALS IN MY FATHERS HOUSE, ONLY TO EAT ONCE A DAY IN MY HUSBAND S HOUSE.THATS ILL LUCK.I should be the one earning that kind of amount to support my husband, and not him.Its not a sin o, but it's way below what I grew up with despite we weren't rich.BROS, ONCE AGAIN HOLY GHOST FIREEEEE! !

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by kenchuworld: 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
fzero:

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Mekzmoney(m): 2:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
Igbo lady.. No wonder.. It's in ur blood... Me wey even cum 4rm awka in anambra no even like money like dat... Easy ooo cos money is not everytin, money is good buh it doesn't bring hapiness in a home. My neighbor wrks in d bank while d wife wrks in NNPC buh there fight every night and there sleeps in a separate room.. So becareful wen making ur choice.
EggovinMma:

I will work na, definitely.That's the more reason why currently I am studying and struggling to get a masters degree.No doubt, I don't intend stopping there. I will definitely be sad in that marriage, very sad.Leave o, I fit pack shiit for money o.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Johnnoo(m): 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? by Ajekpakororo: 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
fzero:

LIKE YOUR SISTERS ABI? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

HABA!! : Girl Proposes To Guy In Lagos, Nigeria (PHOTO) / Hairiest Girl In Nigeria, Queen Okafor In A Sizzling Relationship (Photos) / Hot Lady's Outfit To Club Rumours Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.