Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC (52774 Views)

How Nigeria Made Gambian Supreme Court Give Unfavourable Judgement To Jammeh / Orubebe: CCT Postpones Judgement To July 19 / Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by kelzdelight: 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2015
Plshavmercyamen:
The Law can only operate in an organised society. Peace, tranquility and unity of the Nation supercedes every other judgment/law. Let common sense prevail for the greater good of the greater number of Nigerians. Udo diri unu
buhari wants 2 uphold d law but he can't obey d law...sori 4 u

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by obas01(m): 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
The peoples General celebration start on Friday. The Eve of Election

Sai Baba
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by luvmijeje(f): 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
barcanista:
APC should be civil for once and allow justice to prevail. Their propaganda is very myopic and useless. The same APC that asked people to go to Court are now threatening Nigerians. For the record, Buhari is not bigger than our law and ApC should stop threatening Nigerians. I hope they know that Nigerians will not be cowed to submission?

Yes! Nigerians will definitely not be cowed by a cowardly president who wants to go through the back door via a kangaroo judgement.

We the people will decide our president for the next four years and not any judge.
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
adonismuller:
so you agree your Buhari is a liar? From your statement you want the law bent and truth cz apc will do wat they know how to do best...why are u nailing youself?
The law will not bent,they will adjourn the case till eternity,that is called wisdom....
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dear Lai Mohammed, if the judiciary, the 3rd arm of government, finds Buhari, not qualified to head the Executive arm of Government, we will NOT riot, we expect you and your children, Tinubu and his children, then Buhari and his children to riot. No Nigerian outside these families have reason to contest the ruling of the judiciary.

If Buhari is disqualified, Heavens no go fall bro.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by vacanci: 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
eightsin:
It's getting more interesting by each passing minute. If Buhari deserves to be disqualified, then let the law take its full course.

Can you cope with the possible unrest?
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by umarayero(m): 6:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=uwa1 post=31957554]Hmmm. Sist u r alone.

[/quote
Indeed u aren't alone sis]
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by bdidi: 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
RAO1:
so we have "laws " in Nigeria...... and daft Jonathan has not been doing anything on one of d main issues in this country , CORRUPTION .....

But this is a clear case of CORRUPTION. I think they need to start with this one firstly.

Start the corruption case first with the opposition cos the facts are in BLACK n WHITE.

Its not a rocket science! The laws of the land must take its due course
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by Badosqi(m): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hahahahaha... This Apc guys are so funny... Why the useless threats nah ooo, yeye party.
They were busy singing go to court some weeks back, now court is about to give its judgement, they started playing the victims card.... Mad ppl.
And please which one is jonathan judgement again, this is the court and jonathan is not the judge. This is the LAW and nothing will happen after the judgement....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by nzeadachie: 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
vacanci:

IT WILL BE IN THE NORTH AND IT CAN NEEVER BE MORE THAN BOKO HARAM, LET THEM START IT
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by bdidi: 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
vacanci:

Heaven won't fall! Cos in justice we believe

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by klevajey: 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
KINGSNEEZE:
Dude stop giving urself a false hope , no man or woman is above the law. D law of the land is sacrosanct, probably the judge u met is customary court judge, he didn't actually know what he is saying(if any judge say that which u just qouted, such judge needs to be slaughtered) or better still I choose to believe u never meet with any judge is still Apc and their lies.

KINGSNEEZE:
Dude stop giving urself a false hope , no man or woman is above the law. D law of the land is sacrosanct, probably the judge u met is customary court judge, he didn't actually know what he is saying(if any judge say that which u just qouted, such judge needs to be slaughtered) or better still I choose to believe u never meet with any judge is still Apc and their lies.

who created the law?

The people did, and they can remake it any time they deem fit. Even if they decide that they want a 5 yrs old child as president, its their country and no one man can change that. We created the law, and we decide how it goes. with or without certificate, the people have spoken...Buhari contests!!!
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
luvmijeje:

Yes! Nigerians will definitely not be cowed by a cowardly president who wants to go through the back door via a kangaroo judgement.

We the people will decide our president for the next four years and not any judge.
There are prerequisites that must be met for one to be qualified to seek office. Otherwise, the court is there to rule on where there arise discrepancies. You people should be civil for once.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by vacanci: 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
omolami:
The electoral act gave time limit for contestants to submit their credentials and waec being the least. All contestants did but Buhari did not because he hadnt any waec certificate to present Inec is aware but only d court can disqualify such candidate. If court decides to carry out it satuitory responsibility why blame Jonathan? Nigerians should know that there separation of powers among the executives , judiciary and d legislators. Rule of law is also paramount. Why are some Nigerians gullible and sentimental?

You go dey speak gullible when yawa go gas. You think we are developed enough to understand rule of law in this country? Majority of the electorate don't understand your language. So like a poster put it, wisdom is better than law in this circumstance. We need to thread with caution.
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
It's obvious Jonathan is afraid of being defeated.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by BraniacX(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
Plshavmercyamen:
The Law can only operate in an organised society. Peace, tranquility and unity of the Nation supercedes every other judgment/law. Let common sense prevail for the greater good of the greater number of Nigerians. Udo diri unu

Justice is the sole guarantor of peace.

There is no true peace without justice.

Nigeria is messed up today because far too many people have set themselves up as tin gods and untouchables and they were allowed by Nigerians who turned a blind eye to their excesses.

Common sense can go to hell, it is time for justice to prevail and i don't need to go to court to convince you that buhari is guilty of perjury because if this injustice is allowed to prevail, it would breed greater injustices which the APC will later complain of.

Not just Nigerians, the rest of the world are watching and the threat of violence can not and should not intimidate the Nigerian Judiciary.

Its time to suffer the consequences of your crimes buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
The police or DSS should immediately arrest Lai Mohamed and question him!

The courts must do their jobs!

No one is above the law!

He has accused the President and the Courts in one fell swoop of giving and accepting Bribery. The police should invite him to provide evidence.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by dein77(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
Wisdom demands that Buhari be allowed to contest the elections; he will be comprehensively beaten.

The timing for this judgement is so wrong; this matter should have been finished before now; wisdom is profitable to direct.

Disqualifying GMB a few days to a major election is a recipe for chaos and disaster. He must be allowed to contest, and this should serve a warning to our judiciary to be timely in the dispensation of justice.

Allow the old man to contest, and be credited with the ignominy that accompany serial defeats at the polls.

Yes, he's not above the law, but wisdom is profitable to direct.

GEJ till 2019!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
jaysniggs:
What is amusing are the PDP supporters who are trying to talk about "LAW", they have blindly closed their eyes and minds to the fact that their paymasters in PDP have breached most laws in the constitution.
I stand to wonder how these people think.
My person you get sense,PDP that has no regards for the law now want to benefit from the same law...they forgot that when they made 16>19 most aspect of the law changed along including this judgement.By now it is GEJ himself that will be begging the judge not to disqualify GMB,other wise it will go down in history that a clueless Otuoeke man destroyed a once peaceful country called NIGERIA.
Like my friend said,nothing is greater than the law,but Wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
Emekamex:
I know they can but it is portraying GEJ in a bad light. Elections in Nigeria are very volatile and our politicians should do their best to desist from actions that might lead to violence.
If enforcing the law leads to violence it is up to law enforcement agencies to quell the violence and bring the perpetrators to justice. Surely you are not suggesting Nigeria should accept an unqualified person to lead the country out of fear of violence?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by bdidi: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
Emekamex:
I know they can but it is portraying GEJ in a bad light. Elections in Nigeria are very volatile and our politicians should do their best to desist from actions that might lead to violence.

It is not GEJ or PDP that took Buhari to court.

It is concerned citizens

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by omniplus: 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
Thou am not in support of any party. I believe GMb knew from the beginning the implications of his failure to conform with the regulations. As a crusader of reformation is not he supposed to stay clear of these controversies? Or does he think Nigerians wouldn't find these out. Why creating loop ole for the opposition to take advantage of? APC should pls put their house in order.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by eightsin(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
vacanci:

No one group/ethnicity has monopoly of violence. If the law finds him guilty of the charges, then he should face the music.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by LogicPower(m): 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
tit:

you do not have gowon, useni, mark, dimka, bissalla, danjuma and william walbe on your side anymore.
obasanjo and adekunle will sit on the fence till the dust clears.
not looking good for you.

To be honest with you, it is NOT looking good for anybody, not even the C-I-C himself!

So were that to happen, we should ALL be afraid, very afraid, of the consequences.

History is replenish with many instances of political leaders who had ERRONEOUSLY thought that because they had near-absolute control over the state instruments of coercion and intimidation, they could subvert the WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

Eventually, and virtually with NO exception, all those power-drunkard fascist dictators who dared their people were swept aside by the SHEER PEOPLE POWER.

Nobody is more powerful than his people. And the consequences of daring the will of the people are so gravely dangerous, and highly unpredictable, that most of those who deluded themselves by thinking that they had prepared enough, or were protected enough, were proved terribly, terribly wrong; as the fire they started spiraled out of control and grew into a raging conflagration, they and their loved ones were eventually consumed by it as well.

So all those who are considering taking a dangerous step that is potentially capable of plunging our dear country into chaos, should think twice, not only for our interests but for THEIR own interests as well; and not only for the sake of our children, but for the sake of THEIR children as well!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by Gondonu: 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
tit:
Lie Mohammed,
why did buhari lie in his affidavit?
Infact you just spoke my mind.I came online to aks that why has the lying Lair Muhammed had not issued any statement as usual in this case demanding Buhari's disqualification only to be reminded of this fact you just stated.APC is damned unless they answer this question convincely instead of using their usual propaganda to heat up the polity.MB is not & will never be above the constitution of this country.
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by adonismuller(m): 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
wakacome:
The law will not bent,they will adjourn the case till eternity,that is called wisdom....
and for instance buhari wins while in subsequent time he is found guilty? Would he be disqualified as president elect? If he is,wont dat be worse? Think bro,dont be sentimental els u wont make a gud leader!

The summary is,he shouldnt have lied since he wants change..
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by senier007(m): 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
I believe, the peace, stability and unity of this nation is above any personal interest, PDP are known to bribe judges to get in there way, and I believe just like the way a judge gave a verdict on GEJ few months ago, that's the same way this one is going to be, yes in the beginning APC ask Nigerians to go to court on the bases of his certificate not perjury, I believe the military plays a very vital role in causing this chaos, many ex service has come out to say the same thing the general said, it's very dangerous when people that sworn to protect us started taking side in politics, GEJ is scared, and the whole world is watching, it's only a mad man that will disqualify GMB with the kind of fanatics and cult like follower he has, so the best thing is to settle in polling unit where GEJ will be beaten silly, dis qualifying GMB at this hours is tantamount to arnachy, cuz we have seen in the past soldiers are human being just like us,and in the north, they are less respected like before and come to think of it, they complain of ammunition during confrontation or lack of enough ammunition so how can they confront a very vicious and angry protested that are willing to confront the Govt? APC radio is busy propagating and charging people to take their destiny in their own hands. Please, my take away is to allow the GMB and GEJ to settle in people court i.e polling units.
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
If he's found wanton he would be stopped and the heavens won't fall.

The highest you'll do is to buy yourself some cheap mb and come here to type Poo upon poo and rant like a rabid dog and go home to your poverty stricken enclave .
Shekina

What a horrible post!
angry
What is with the poverty curses?
And more even

SMH @ those who liked this post
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by ndcide(m): 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
wakacome:
I asked a friend's father who is a judge at a federal high court about what do judges normally do in such cases like this one e.g concerning buhari qualification or disqualification,,he gave me an answer that "shocked"me,he quoted the bible and said"blessed is the man that acted with wisdom"..and i asked him what is he trying to say,he said "wisdom is more stronger than law"""and he kept quiet,then i started thinking to myself what is this man trying to say then i later found out from him that the court will dismiss the case for the sake of "peace and unity"in the country,i told him but nobody is above the "law"he replied and said,"wisdom is above the law".....

that got me thinking throughout yesterday........

Wakacome

if your friends father really said so, then he is corrupt and unfortunate to be a judge.

yet, you'll say GEJ is not fighting corruption. it takes a fearless judiciary to fight corruption.

Let that judge rule justly against buhari and he'll be the most feared and respected judge in Nigeria.

the judge have got an opportunity to convince Nigeria that they stand out or die out.
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by luvmijeje(f): 7:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
barcanista:
There are prerequisites that must be met for one to be qualified to seek office. Otherwise, the court is there to rule on where there arise discrepancies. You people should be civil for once.

What prerequisites has Buhari not met? The US war college said he went through the school . The secondary school he went to released his statement of result. What other prerequisites are you guys looking for?

The foolish president is not bigger than this country?
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by bdidi: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
edgeproduk:

My person you get sense,PDP that has no regards for the law now want to benefit from the same law...they forgot that when they made 16>19 most aspect of the law changed along including this judgement.By now it is GEJ himself that will be begging the judge not to disqualify GMB,other wise it will go down in history that a clueless Otuoeke man destroyed a once peaceful country called NIGERIA.
Like my friend said,nothing is greater than the law,but Wisdom.

It is only in Nigeria we can get this kind of submission.

Was GEJ not also sued? With respect to his eligibility to contest but he won the case

So why is APC n Buhari afraid to go ahead with the case?

Please its not about wisdom but call for justice.

Heaven won't fall if he is disqualified. However bitter the truth may be that is the truth!

No one is above the Laws of the Land
Re: Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC by forgoodwithgod: 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
bokohalal:
Let us hear the judgement that will say a GENERAL is not qualified to lead. Even GEJ will not survive the fallout.It is not only Izons and Igbos that they have in the Nigerian Army. Remember Araba.

My friend don't be childish!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

NNPC Crashes The Prices Of Petrol And Cooking Gas Nationwide / INEC Withdraws Peter Nwaoboshi's Certificate Of Return / Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.