Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (101031 Views)

Nigeria Historical Facts: Who Are The Egbas?? / Culture And Historical Background Of Kabba People Of Kogi State / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by SurePresident: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
macof:

Why do you people come up with all this nonsense?

Oyo wasn't the largest or longest running empire
Wiki says Ghana empire was 300-1200

And in size, Mali, Kanem-bornu and Songhai were larger than Oyo

I stopped reading when you said Ewe and Aja are in Benin city...that just made me laugh seriously
Here read this it's a starter
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ewe_people
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aja_people
Yes, I meant to say Ewe and Aja are in modern Benin, even your links show that they are in modern Benin Republic. Envious fault finder, I wonder what's your headache about that. Also, I repeat, Oyo Empire is the largest longest ruling Empire in Africa. Is English that difficult for you to understand? Ghana empire was the longest ruling but never the largest, not even up to 1/4th of the great Oyo Empire. Hence Ghana, empire was the longest ruling but never the largest longest ruling. Yoruba Empire still retains the title of the largest empire to rule that long.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by NigerMan1: 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
macof:

grin grin says the man who calls the father of his King a myth

Your problem is to diminish the Yoruba, I appreciate your effort, cus if you didn't see glory in Yorubas there won't be anything to try to beat down
It's a compliment you honour me really

True the royal lineage is Bini origin..the people are of Ijebu and received later Igala settlers
That's why you have Ijekiri - Ije kiri - Voyage of wandering about
Like Ijebu - Ije bu - voyage of the deep

Itsekiri ancestors were wandering Ijebu seafarers

stop your bigotry. Even the Itsekiri are now coming out to embrace their Yoruba blood

Macof - another latest Yoruba fables and LIES claiming others ancestry through the back door. Hear your own incoherent story.

So if I'd not stated that Itsekiri were NOT Yoruba and proved they were a mixture of many different tribes and settlers (Ijebus, Igalas etc) who're wanderers and SLAVES under the old Benin Kings, you won't admit this much? (Remember you previously claimed Itsekiris were Yorubas)

You wrote: "Itsekiri ancestors were wandering Ijebu seafarers"

Can you provide solid scholarly work to prove this? I hope you know the meaning of "seafarers"? Bro you mean Ijebus were good on sea in the olden days? Who thought them the secret of the sea? Why are they more sea champion today? How did they 'conquered' the sea from their abode to move far down to present day Warri?

Please provide more scholarly work and evidence for this story. (Do not send me Wikipedia your ilk normally go to manipulate. Let me have a solid academic and research work.)

You wrote: "stop your bigotry. Even the Itsekiri are now coming out to embrace their Yoruba blood"

Am sure you're referring to the political alignment? Maybe you're too young or lack proper understanding how politics works in this country since the 60s. Political alignment has been an integral part of the Nigeria politics, and is not new.

Let me give you some example:

>> The present day Edo/Delta once aligned with Yoruba of the mainstream South West, due to proximity to each other. Macof, does that translate to 'embracing another blood'?

>> Awolowo once led Yoruba nation to align with the Fulani North, which he used to massively benefit the South West in the early 70s. Macof, does that translate to Yorubas embracing the Fulani's blood?

>> The Yoruba in Kwara and Kogi, have always (since the 60s) 100% aligned with the Fulani/Hausa north and most of the political Juggernauts such as late Sunday Awoniyi, Olushola Saraki etc, were trained by Saudauna of Sokoto and were fully integrated with the Northern politics and totally shun Awolowo AG/UPN. Macof, does that translate to Yorubas embracing the Fulani's blood?

>> Even presently Tinubu aligned with the mainstream Fulani / Hausa hegemonic political power. Macof, does that translate to Yorubas embracing the Fulani's blood?

Here is one big problem about some of you Yorubas: Someone align, identify and partner with you, then you are claiming superiority?

Now let's talk about Yoruba: Macof I hope you still know your real identity among present day Yorubaland? Am Edo. Who're are you really? Are you Egba, Ekiti, Ibadan, Oyo, Ijesha, Akure, Remo, Awori? Which one are you really.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by NigerMan1: 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
macof:

Why do you people come up with all this nonsense?

Oyo wasn't the largest or longest running empire
Wiki says Ghana empire was 300-1200

And in size, Mali, Kanem-bornu and Songhai were larger than Oyo

I stopped reading when you said Ewe and Aja are in Benin city...that just made me laugh seriously
Here read this it's a starter
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ewe_people
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aja_people

Macof - I hope you know Wikipedia is an open file that permit any person to edit?

So try to always provide scholarly or academic or well researched work, not Wikipedia. to power your claim. For most part, historical entries in Wikipedia by Nigerians are manipulated and embellished.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by macof(m): 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
NigerMan1:

Macof - I hope you know Wikipedia is an open file that permit any person to edit?

So try to always provide scholarly or academic or well researched work, not Wikipedia. to power your claim. For most part, historical entries in Wikipedia by Nigerians are manipulated and embellished.

you don't have to tell me that, I use wikipedia for a quickie
I've been misled so many times by wikipedia so I am very careful
That doesn't mean the entire website is rubbish
It does describe people well...it did just that with the links I posted on Ewe and Aja people so surepresident can be better informed
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by macof(m): 11:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
SurePresident:

Yes, I meant to say Ewe and Aja are in modern Benin, even your links show that they are in modern Benin Republic. Envious fault finder, I wonder what's your headache about that. Also, I repeat, Oyo Empire is the largest longest ruling Empire in Africa. Is English that difficult for you to understand? Ghana empire was the longest ruling but never the largest, not even up to 1/4th of the great Oyo Empire. Hence Ghana, empire was the longest ruling but never the largest longest ruling. Yoruba Empire still retains the title of the largest empire to rule that long.
1/4 Hmn

Have you seen the map of Kanem-Bornu empire? Also lasting very long from 300-1893
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by macof(m): 11:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
MrPresident1:
I think a dog raped your mother while she was pregnant for you irreversibly fuccking up your DNA, I think this is why you go about frothing in the mouth like a rabid soon to perish mongrel, spewing insults on your father’s betters on a public forum.
I am not someone you can cyber bully or cyber intimidate, I have held my patience for you, even deliberately avoided you like the human plague that you are, but it seems you have made an eternal covenant with idiocy and asininity.
I will spare you no longer, I will be your nemesis on this forum, I will destroy you like the rabid dog, that deserves to die, that you are.
I do not suffer ediots gladly, and I wonder why I have tolerated you this long.

This will be your very last warning, I am not someone you can cyberbully, I will destroy you. You are warned. grin

Rants of a deranged lunatic. Look at his words undecided
Is this not a mad man let out of a psychiatric ward?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by macof(m): 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
NigerMan1:

Macof - another latest Yoruba fables and LIES claiming others ancestry through the back door. Hear your own incoherent story.

So if I'd not stated that Itsekiri were NOT Yoruba and proved they were a mixture of many different tribes and settlers (Ijebus, Igalas etc) who're wanderers and SLAVES under the old Benin Kings, you won't admit this much? (Remember you previously claimed Itsekiris were Yorubas)

You wrote: "Itsekiri ancestors were wandering Ijebu seafarers"

Can you provide solid scholarly work to prove this? I hope you know the meaning of "seafarers"? Bro you mean Ijebus were good on sea in the olden days? Who thought them the secret of the sea? Why are they more sea champion today? How did they 'conquered' the sea from their abode to move far down to present day Warri?

Please provide more scholarly work and evidence for this story. (Do not send me Wikipedia your ilk normally go to manipulate. Let me have a solid academic and research work.)

You wrote: "stop your bigotry. Even the Itsekiri are now coming out to embrace their Yoruba blood"

Am sure you're referring to the political alignment? Maybe you're too young or lack proper understanding how politics works in this country since the 60s. Political alignment has been an integral part of the Nigeria politics, and is not new.

Let me give you some example:

>> The present day Edo/Delta once aligned with Yoruba of the mainstream South West, due to proximity to each other. Macof, does that translate to 'embracing another blood'?

>> Awolowo once led Yoruba nation to align with the Fulani North, which he used to massively benefit the South West in the early 70s. Macof, does that translate to Yorubas embracing the Fulani's blood?

>> The Yoruba in Kwara and Kogi, have always (since the 60s) 100% aligned with the Fulani/Hausa north and most of the political Juggernauts such as late Sunday Awoniyi, Olushola Saraki etc, were trained by Saudauna of Sokoto and were fully integrated with the Northern politics and totally shun Awolowo AG/UPN. Macof, does that translate to Yorubas embracing the Fulani's blood?

>> Even presently Tinubu aligned with the mainstream Fulani / Hausa hegemonic political power. Macof, does that translate to Yorubas embracing the Fulani's blood?

Here is one big problem about some of you Yorubas: Someone align, identify and partner with you, then you are claiming superiority?

Now let's talk about Yoruba: Macof I hope you still know your real identity among present day Yorubaland? Am Edo. Who're are you really? Are you Egba, Ekiti, Ibadan, Oyo, Ijesha, Akure, Remo, Awori? Which one are you really.

Mr.man u have emotional problems, you obviously see yourself inferior to Yoruba that is why you keep accusing Yoruba$of a superiority complex...if you see superiority in a Yoruba that's ur business....but truly am honoured to know you only see superiority in Yoruba even though you don't admit it, it's obvious and it's eating you up

I can't be arguing itsekiri with you, you have placed yourself beneath me already
Just let the itsekiri tell their story...they already are
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by MrPresident1: 10:10am On Apr 10, 2015
Your father is the stark raving irredeemable imbecilic lunatic who gave birth to a moronic son he wouldn't train properly in societal etiquette. grin

macof:

Rants of a deranged lunatic. Look at his words undecided
Is this not a mad man let out of a psychiatric ward?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by NigerMan1: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2015
macof:

Mr.man u have emotional problems, you obviously see yourself inferior to Yoruba that is why you keep accusing Yoruba$of a superiority complex...if you see superiority in a Yoruba that's ur business....but truly am honoured to know you only see superiority in Yoruba even though you don't admit it, it's obvious and it's eating you up

I can't be arguing itsekiri with you, you have placed yourself beneath me already
Just let the itsekiri tell their story...they already are

Macof the major problem about many Nigerians is they love 'history' but are lazy to do the work it require to be informed. And for many of you Yorubas you see and regard history as a tribal weapon not truth.

When you guys start shooting below the belt without facts; without academic and scholarly inputs and you're confronted with higher proofs - then you often report to what you are doing now:

>>. Using gutter language
>>. Using abusive words
>>. Engaging in swear words and innuendoes.

Now macof can you now claim to be educated? Your history story are bare, filled with conjectures, without a solid proof, yes you are too quick to abuse and insult.

Is that a sign of better intelligence?

Or are you telling people such attitude is part of Yoruba culture and history?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by macof(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2015
MrPresident1:
Your father is the stark raving irredeemable imbecilic lunatic who gave birth to a moronic son he wouldn't train properly in societal etiquette. grin

obviously with this comments your father failed to train you up.
If your father did his job you wouldn't dare say Yoruba are Hebrews
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by MrPresident1: 10:55am On Apr 10, 2015
Your raving moronic idiotic father should have told you that ekiti are not Oduduwa. ekiti are aboriginals. They were civilized by Oduduwa. You deranged, frothing-in-the-mouth, misbegotten ediot.

macof:

obviously with this comments your father failed to train you up.
If your father did his job you wouldn't dare say Yoruba are Hebrews
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by macof(m): 12:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
MrPresident1:
Your raving moronic idiotic father should have told you that ekiti are not Oduduwa. ekiti are aboriginals. They were civilized by Oduduwa. You deranged, frothing-in-the-mouth, misbegotten ediot.

Olosi. This is the dumbest thing I've read anybody say about Ekiti
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by MrPresident1: 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
If not for the British, the ekiti would be slaves of the Ibadans till next tomorrow. Ask your father, tell him I told you this.

macof:

Olosi. This is the dumbest thing I've read anybody say about Ekiti
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by BABAAGBALABA: 1:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
rexbuton:
Good post.. Here is the next step..

1. Ask the Fulanis to leave quietly because when Nigeria has entered it's period of turmoil (probably after Buhari dies), Ilorin will be used as a base to launch attacks on the West. And with the Igbos attacking from the Lagoon, no army can fight on two fronts

2. Yorubas should accept the fact that they can never be accepted as true muslims, hence they should all turn to Christ who is the surest and only way to salvation. This way the Fulani will be alienated and leave. Personally I think fulani incursions into the middlebelt should be checked in order not to be caught unawares

3. Arrange a referendum in which people be made to vote for the scrapping of the Emir title. TINUBU can easily swing this.. oh I almost forgot, Tinubu has a religion too... *thinking*

4. Ignore this message and watch Badagry (in Lagos) turned into Baga in a few years

Survive any lagoon in the world... Pro tips..
https://www.nairaland.com/2244029/how-survive-lagoon-must-read
WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by macof(m): 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
MrPresident1:
If not for the British, the ekiti would be slaves of the Ibadans till next tomorrow. Ask your father, tell him I told you this.

Lmao grin you obviously know nothing about the kiriji war, if anything Ekiti Parapo won the war
You are not relevant, I don't even know you
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by museog: 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Dragonking:

please post a picture of a similar looking mosque like that in either Ogun Oyo, osun or ondo state let's see.

Central mosque in Ijebu Ayepe in Ogun State.

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by museog: 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
Ethnic homogeneity comes about by taking over small tribes deleting their history ,rewriting it and then coalescing it into a new whole.

This is profound. Respect
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by bangalee1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
I hate telling people am from kwara state, well we will soon get our own state if not I will get a state of origin to claim Osun or Ogun state.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by ghostofsparta(m): 3:49am On Apr 12, 2015
Demmzy15:

cc: macof
[size=20pt]SPELL-CHECKED AND CORRECTED[/size]

It's either the original writer of that post is ignorant or deliberately choose to ignore the historical points given to the fact that - prior to that particular period of religious turmoil, massive Isslamik campaigns had already begun to ravage North and West Africa nations for centuries by landless non-African invaders called the Fulani Arabs who in their merciless and brutal Isslamik campaigns known as jihad laid waste to an uncountable number of African lands thereby continually causing the displacement of natives of several tribal kingdoms (a ripple effect). In the name of Iislaamic crusading these Jihhadists brought upon African societies the kind of utter destruction which is no where comparable to that perpetrated by transatlantic slavers. When it came to the time of the Yorubas, the Afonja episode turned out to be the weak link which aided their penetration.

[b]The writer also failed to point out that Afonja was not only betrayed by the Fulanis he entrusted his political and military prowess with, but was also killed while on his horse by the death of an arrow-shot through his back such that he [Afonja] is said to have fallen to the ground lying awkwardly as the arrow unbalanced him while bleed to death. Has history has told us, that like so many Hausa rulers fell for the insidious ploy and deceits, so too did Afonja fell for years of Fulani master manipulation for he [Afonja] was blinded by his own ambition to establish his reign in upper Oyo, a decision which was initially meant for him to secure and protect upper Oyo and report to main Oyo of any activities should incase Oyo kingdom should prepare for war that may arise from Oke-Oya (North of Yorubaland i.e. the Hausa-lands), however, he instead connived with the Fulanis he so much believed had their support and were on his side, and went against the rulings of the then ruler of Oyo (the Alafin), [this fact is connected to the powerful Yoruba disorder-causing super-charm called Abilu which later came to the understanding of Yoruba historians and elders that Fulani spies who passed themselves off as peace-seeking, easy going mooslim clerics trickling to Yorubaland for years to mingle and settle within various communities throughout Yorubaland mainly as Isslamik clergies were noted to have learned, mastered and eventually used it [the Abilu science] against the Yorubas in future wars, beginning particularly with the Afonja fiasco where he and his superiors were in disarray and petty loggerheads which is what Abilu super-charm does.[/b]

[b]Afonja was yet another tool at the hand of the Fulanis jihadists, an important one for that matter since it served as the means that enabled them to amass a substantial amount of army of fighters indoctrinated with the believe to fight against the so-taught pagan Gods of their lands in embrace of prime deity of the Arab people who are not even Negroes but Semites to start with. This is the same tactics history tells us they [the Fulanis] had repeatedly used as a tool to destabilize kingdoms/nations that has any semblance of a ruling system or some sort of hierarchical structure of order because they very much understood if the head is cut off, the body must fall, they come nicely to preach Isslam, the peaceful villagers and townspeople never suspects they [the Fulani Arabs] use the granted opportunity to study and learn of the strength and weaknesses, they report back to their caliphs residing in the conquered lands of indigenous blacks turned into emirates, they appoint a date to strike after years of causing instability. In the chaos, slaves are captured and sold, when the dust settles, yet another emirate is established. If not for the British colonial intervention, historians agree that the Fulanis would have be driven far back out of Kwara/Illorin by a coalition of Yoruba forces, even more farther away off conquered Hausa territories. This notion is based upon the resulting outcome from The Battle of Oshogbo in 1830 where the invading Fulanis forces were crushed, defeated and driven back before the interference of the colonials. They've tried this over and over in order Kingdom they've conquered in their fanatic zeal to establish Isslam throughout black Africa....to dip the Kuan into the sea.[/b]
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by ogiste(f): 9:39am On Apr 12, 2015
Yes it was jihad war that collapse OYO ILE when alaafin Aole (oba a fi epe ja) find all means to kill his aare ona kakanfo(war lord) which is Afonja by sending him to iwere land and Ile ife which was a taboo to any land in Yor land to fight them back....... Read samuel johnson 1921 for more (smile)
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by ogiste(f): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2015
Ekiti are pure Yoruba people. Who are Yorubas? Yorubas are people who ve the same believe that they generated from ile ife and accept oduduwa as their great father. Yoruba is a tribe that believe in asa ati isese (culture) è.g isomo loruko, oriki, ikini won (è ku aaro).
Yoruba is from a niger-congo language family under niger-congo, kwa under kwa, yoruboid.
Finally it was oranmiyan who ruled bini land he left bini land out annoyance and he called it ile-ibinu. Am writing a book on akoko and ekiti it will be publish by sept this year.

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by ogiste(f): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2015
It was missionary woman who scripted the event that's why it was accepted and believed during the ekiti parapo war also known as kiriji war when ogedengbe agbogungboro head was cut off by the ibadan warriors but surprisingly the body picked up the head and put it back that was what end the war cause nobody believe his eyes both the missionaries who gives first and ekiti parapo warriors, ibadan warriors ran off.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by ogiste(f): 10:57am On Apr 12, 2015
Igbos may know much about ur origin than you do anybody in the world can know ur tribe than you do. 1817 was when yoruba orthography was written not by yoruba people not in yoruba land Edward Bowdich in Ghana in Ashante. Ajayi crowther was trained by hannah kilham in freetown. The first iwe iroyin in Yorubaland was writting by henry townsend iwe iroyin fun awon Egba ati Yoruba 1859. It was the help of his teachers succeeded him to translate bible John Raban and Gollmer. We are all here to learn in one way or another not to use abusive words pls. Either igbo or Hausa Fulani they can what we don't know knowledge is every where that's why Yoruba says omode gbon agba gbon la fi da ile ife. Ese ifa says iwa nikan lo soro/2x ori ki i buru lotu ife. Omo Yoruba ni wa awa la ni iwa omo o du du iwa ni wa. Omo olodu iwa. Tiwa lasa tiwa ni isese omoluabi. È seun pupo.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by ghostofsparta(m): 1:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
ogiste:
Ekiti are pure Yoruba people. Who are Yorubas? Yorubas are people who ve the same believe that they generated from ile ife and accept oduduwa as their great father. Yoruba is a tribe that believe in asa ati isese (culture) è.g isomo loruko, oriki, ikini won (è ku aaro).
Yoruba is from a niger-congo language family under niger-congo, kwa under kwa, yoruboid.
Finally it was oranmiyan who ruled bini land he left bini land out annoyance and he called it ile-ibinu. Am writing a book on akoko and ekiti it will be publish by sept this year.
Point of correction
[size=22pt]The Yorubas (Kotu-Oji-Re) is not a tribe but an ethnic group consisting of major tribes and sub-tribes. Secondly, the word that has come to be accepted today as 'Yoruba' was never originally of the kotu-oji-re peoples' indigenous language but of a invention born of the descriptive way the Fulani Arabs presiding over conquered territories referred to those dwelling West of South 'Yaribanza' which the British colonials recorded and used to refer to the Kotu-oji-re. Read more HERE[/size]
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by ogiste(f): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
The word Yoruba was just a nickname given to oranmiyan by the traders awon omo yarrba, and it Hausa called them Katunga while the british call them (The eyes) but the british missionaries calls the (aku) due to the way the welcome themselves ' a ku aaro' ' a ku osan' noted again sir most words that start with consonants are borrowed words in Yor. And secondly no consonant clusters in any Yor words, if there is any consonant clusters in any borrowed words u must input vowel in btw leads yarrba turns to Yoruba. Later change during the orthograpghy period to Yoruba. Noted Yorubas were refered to Oyo,Oranmiyan was the progenitor
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by 2thpick: 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
VickyRotex:

Woun libi smiley
aaaaaaah omo iya
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
2thpick:
aaaaaaah omo iya

Awaniyen.... cheesy
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by 2thpick: 3:30am On Apr 13, 2015
I'm from Egosi .....
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by NigerMan1: 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
ghostofsparta:

Point of correction
[size=22pt]The Yorubas (Kotu-Oji-Re) is not a tribe but an ethnic group consisting of major tribes and sub-tribes. Secondly, the word that has come to be accepted today as 'Yoruba' was never originally of the kotu-oji-re peoples' indigenous language but of a invention born of the descriptive way the Fulani Arabs presiding over conquered territories referred to those dwelling West of South 'Yaribanza' which the British colonials recorded and used to refer to the Kotu-oji-re. Read more HERE[/size]
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by NigerMan1: 10:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
ogiste:

ogiste - each time you Yorubas discuss your history, though in different angles and difficulties, you however find it easy to consistent create a space to add Benin/Edo to help qualify your lies or shown your history as superior.

You said your Oranmiyan ruled Bini and later left calling it ile ibinu. Yes I agreed to your Yoruba myth and folktale, but the problem is when you guys are confronted with MORE facts and superior SCHOLARLY historical works you often resorts to negative brickbats, deadly INSULTS and throwing gutter languages.

Now you refused to stay in line of the topic of discussion and you don't even have the knowledge when EXACTLY the word Yoruba was used to politically BIND you people together despite your vast differences, but you were quick to swoop on Benin spewing your age along Yoruba lies that lack academic proof and empty.

Now let me ask you: What or where is the ORIGIN of your Oranmiyan?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by aliyu2mantafien: 7:54am On Apr 14, 2015
Aliyu Mantafien ERE THEY LIVE
1 Abayon Cross River
2 Abua (Odual) Rivers
3 Achipa (Achipawa) Kebbi
4 Adim Cross River
5 Adun Cross River
6 Affade Yobe
7 Afizere Plateau
8 Afo Plateau
9 Agbo Cross River
10 Akaju-Ndem (Akajuk) Cross River
11 Akweya-Yachi Benue
12 Alago (Arago) Plateau
13 Amo Plateau
14 Anaguta Plateau
15 Anang Akwa lbom
16 Andoni Akwa lbom, Rivers
17 Angas Bauchi, Jigawa, Plateau
18 Ankwei Plateau
19 Anyima Cross River
20 Attakar (ataka) Kaduna
21 Auyoka (Auyokawa) Jigawa
22 Awori Lagos, Ogun
23 Ayu Kaduna
24 Babur Adamawa, Borno, Taraba, Yobe
25 Bachama Adamawa
26 Bachere Cross River
27 Bada Plateau
28 Bade Yobe
29 Bahumono Cross River
30 Bakulung Taraba
31 Bali Taraba
32 Bambora (Bambarawa) Bauchi
33 Bambuko Taraba
34 Banda (Bandawa) Taraba
35 Banka (Bankalawa) Bauchi
36 Banso (Panso) Adamawa
37 Bara (Barawa) Bauchi
38 Barke Bauchi
39 Baruba (Barba) Niger
40 Bashiri (Bashirawa) Plateau
41 Bassa Kaduna, Kogi, Niger, Plateau
42 Batta Adamawa
43 Baushi Niger
44 Baya Adamawa
45 Bekwarra Cross River
46 Bele (Buli, Belewa) Bauchi
47 Betso (Bete) Taraba
48 Bette Cross River
49 Bilei Adamawa
50 Bille Adamawa
51 Bina (Binawa) Kaduna
52 Bini Edo
53 Birom Plateau
54 Bobua Taraba
55 Boki (Nki) Cross River
56 Bkkos Plateau
57 Boko (Bussawa, Bargawa) Niger
58 Bole (Bolewa) Bauchi, Yobe
59 Botlere Adamawa
60 Boma (Bomawa, Burmano) Bauchi
61 Bomboro Bauchi
62 Buduma Borno, Niger
63 Buji Plateau
64 Buli Bauchi
65 Bunu Kogi
66 Bura Adamawa
67 Burak Bauchi
68 Burma (Burmawa) Plateau
69 Buru Yobe
70 Buta (Butawa) Bauchi
71 Bwall Plateau
72 Bwatiye Adamawa
73 Bwazza Adamawa
74 Challa Plateau
75 Chama (Chamawa Fitilai) Bauchi
76 Chamba Taraba
77 Chamo Bauchi
78 Chibok (Chibbak) Yobe
79 Chinine Borno
80 Chip Plateau
81 Chokobo Plateau
82 Chukkol Taraba
83 Daba Adamawa
84 Dadiya Bauchi
85 Daka Adamawa
86 Dakarkari Niger, Kebbi
87 Danda (Dandawa) Kebbi
88 Dangsa Taraba
89 Daza (Dere, Derewa) Bauchi
90 Degema Rivers
91 Deno (Denawa) Bauchi
92 Dghwede Borno
93 Diba Taraba
94 Doemak (Dumuk) Plateau
95 Ouguri Bauchi
96 Duka (Dukawa) Kebbi
97 Duma (Dumawa) Bauchi
98 Ebana (Ebani) Rivers
99 Ebirra (lgbirra) Edo, Kogi, Ondo
100 Ebu Edo, Kogi
101 Efik Cross River
102 Egbema Rivers
103 Egede (lgedde) Benue
104 Eggon Plateau
105 Egun (Gu) Lagos, Ogun
106 Ejagham Cross River
107 Ekajuk Cross River
108 Eket Akwa Ibom
109 Ekoi Cross River
110 Engenni (Ngene) Rivers
111 Epie Rivers
112 Esan (Ishan) Edo
113 Etche Rivers
114 Etolu (Etilo) Benue
115 Etsako Edo
116 Etung Cross River
117 Etuno Edo
118 Palli Adamawa
119 Pulani (Pulbe) Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa ,
Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi , Niger, Sokoto,
Taraba, Yobe, etc.
120 Fyam (Fyem) Plateau
121 Fyer(Fer) Plateau
122 Ga’anda Adamawa
123 Gade Niger
124 Galambi Bauchi
125 Gamergu-Mulgwa Bomo
126 Qanawuri Plateau
127 Gavako Borno
128 Gbedde Kogi
129 Gengle Taraba
130 Geji Bauchi
131 Gera (Gere, Gerawa) Bauchi
132 Geruma (Gerumawa) Plateau
133 Geruma (Gerumawa) Bauchi
134 Gingwak Bauchi
135 Gira Adamawa
136 Gizigz Adamawa
137 Goernai Plateau
138 Gokana (Kana) Rivers
139 Gombi Adamawa
140 Gornun (Gmun) Taraba
141 Gonia Taraba
142 Gubi (Gubawa) Bauchi
143 Gude Adamawa
144 Gudu Adamawa
145 Gure Kaduna
146 Gurmana Niger
147 Gururntum Bauchi
148 Gusu Plateau
149 Gwa (Gurawa) Adamawa
150 Gwamba Adamawa
151 Gwandara Kaduna, Niger, Plateau
152 Gwari (Gbari) Kaduna, Niger, Plateau
153 Gwom Taraba
154 Gwoza (Waha) Bomo
155 Gyem Bauchi
156 Hausa Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna,
Kano, Kastina, Kebbi, Niger, Taraba, Sokoto,
etc
157 Higi (Hig) Borno, Adamawa
158 Holma Adamawa
159 Hona Adamawa
160 Ibeno Akwa lbom
161 Ibibio Akwa lbom
162 Ichen Adamawa
163 Idoma Benue, Taraba
164 Igalla Kogi
165 lgbo Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta,
Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, Rivers
166 ljumu Kogi
167 Ikorn Cross River
168 Irigwe Plateau
169 Isoko Delta
170 lsekiri (Itsekiri) Delta
171 lyala (lyalla) Cross River
172 lzondjo) Bayelsa, Delta, Ondo, Rivers
173 Jaba Kaduna
174 Jahuna (Jahunawa) Taraba
175 Jaku Bauchi
176 Jara (Jaar Jarawa Jarawa-Dutse) Bauchi
177 Jere (Jare, Jera, Jera, Jerawa) Bauchi,
Plateau
178 Jero Taraba
179 Jibu Adamawa
180 Jidda-Abu Plateau
181 Jimbin (Jimbinawa) Bauchi
182 Jirai Adamawa
183 Jonjo (Jenjo) Taraba
184 Jukun Bauchi, Benue, Taraba, Plateau
185 Kaba (Kabawa) Taraba
186 Kadara Taraba
187 Kafanchan Kaduna
188 Kagoro Kaduna
189 Kaje (Kache) Kaduna
190 Kajuru (Kajurawa) Kaduna
191 Kaka Adamawa
192 Kamaku (Karnukawa) Kaduna, Kebbi,
Niger
193 Kambari Kebbi, Niger
194 Kambu Adamawa
195 Kamo Bauchi
196 Kanakuru (Dera) Adamawa, Borno
197 Kanembu Borno
198 Kanikon Kaduna
199 Kantana Plateau
200 Kanufi Kaduna, Adamawa, Borno, Kano,
Niger, Jigawa, Plateau, Taraba, Yobe
201 Karekare (Karaikarai) Bauchi, Yobe
202 Karimjo Taraba
203 Kariya Bauchi
204 Katab (Kataf) Kaduna
205 Kenern (Koenoem) Plateau
206 Kenton Taraba
207 Kiballo (Kiwollo) Kaduna
208 Kilba Adamawa
209 Kirfi (Kirfawa) Bauchi
210 Koma Taraba
211 Kona Taraba
212 Koro (Kwaro) Kaduna, Niger
213 Kubi (Kubawa) Bauchi
214 Kudachano (Kudawa) Bauchi
215 Kugama Taraba
216 Kulere (Kaler) Plateau
217 Kunini Taraba
218 Kurama Jigawa, Kaduna, Niger, Plateau
219 Kurdul Adamawa
220 Kushi Bauchi
221 Kuteb Taraba
222 Kutin Taraba
223 Kwalla Plateau
224 Kwami (Kwom) Bauchi
225 Kwanchi Taraba
226 Kwanka (Kwankwa) Bauchi, Plateau
227 Kwaro Plateau
228 Kwato Plateau
229 Kyenga (Kengawa) Sokoto
230 Laaru (Larawa) Niger
231 Lakka Adamawa
232 Lala Adamawa
233 Lama Taraba
234 Lamja Taraba
235 Lau Taraba
236 Ubbo Adamawa
237 Limono Bauchi, Plateau
238 Lopa (Lupa, Lopawa) Niger
239 Longuda (Lunguda) Adamawa, Bauchi
240 Mabo Plateau
241 Mada Kaduna, Plateau
242 Mama Plateau
243 Mambilla Adamawa
244 Manchok Kaduna
245 Mandara (Wandala) Borno
246 Manga (Mangawa) Yobe
247 Margi (Marghi) Adamawa, Bomo
248 Matakarn Adamawa
249 Mbembe Cross River, Enugu
250 Mbol Adamawa
251 Mbube Cross River
252 Mbula Adamawa
253 Mbum Taraba
254 Memyang (Meryan) Plateau
255 Miango Plateau
256 Miligili (Migili) Plateau
257 Miya (Miyawa) Bauchi
258 Mobber Borno
259 Montol Plateau
260 Moruwa (Moro’a, Morwa) Kaduna
261 Muchaila Adamawa
262 Mumuye Taraba
263 Mundang Adamawa
264 Munga (Mupang) Plateau
265 Mushere Plateau
266 Mwahavul (Mwaghavul) Plateau
267 Ndoro Taraba
268 Ngamo Bauchi, Yobe
269 Ngizim Yobe
270 Ngweshe (Ndhang.Ngoshe- Ndhang)
Adamawa, Borno
271 Ningi (Ningawa) Bauchi
272 Ninzam (Ninzo) Kaduna, Plateau
273 Njayi Adamawa
274 Nkim Cross River
275 Nkum Cross River
276 Nokere (Nakere) Plateau
277 Nunku Kaduna, Plateau
278 nupe Niger
279 Nyandang Taraba
280 Ododop Cross River
281 Ogori Kwara
282 Okobo (Okkobor) Akwa lbom
283 Okpamheri Edo
284 Olulumo Cross River
285 Oron Akwa lbom
286 Owan Edo
287 Owe Kwara
288 Oworo Kwara
289 Pa’a (Pa’awa Afawa) Bauchi
290 Pai Plateau
291 Panyam Taraba
292 Pero Bauchi
293 Pire Adamawa
294 Pkanzom Taraba
295 Poll Taraba
296 Polchi Habe Bauchi
297 Pongo (Pongu) Niger
298 Potopo Taraba
299 Pyapun (Piapung) Plateau
300 Qua Cross River
301 Rebina (Rebinawa) Bauchi
302 Reshe Kebbi, Niger
303 Rindire (Rendre) Plateau
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Hobashola(m): 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
cbrass:

Which language does he speak then. just asking
yoruba,yoruba and then yoruba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio / Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief / Photos From Wema Bank Old School Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.