Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (100992 Views)

Nigeria Historical Facts: Who Are The Egbas?? / Culture And Historical Background Of Kabba People Of Kogi State / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by akomst: 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
Doluseun:

Fulani never conquered any Yoruba town aside Ilorin

ogbomoso the nearest town to Ilorin from Oyo are predominantly Christians in fact 70% to 30% because they were stopped from furthering their jihad Ay ogbomoso border

That's the only reason you have to believe that Ilorin didn't conquer ogbomoso ?
But sorry, you are a little naive. Conversion to Christianity was a British colonial legacy and not of Ilorin subjugation of Ogbomoso. Ilorin went as far as sacking Oyo Ile, what more of Ogbomoso enclave - they will be lucky, if they escape the majesty of Ilorin cavalry. smiley
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
macof:

Not so, the first Yoruba Muslim lived in Afonja's time - Solagberu
any Muslim prior to that time were slaves not Yoruba
We've had Yorubas Muslims many years before the birth of Uthman bin Foodee(Dan Fodio). Muhammad Shitta Bey who is a rich man was born in 1824, some years after the Fulani Jihad started. His father was a Muslim yoruba scholar. Bey built mosques in Lagos and other towns.

http://yorupedia.com/subjects/yoruba-religion/islam/

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Harzan(m): 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Missyetty:
wow! My brother, it good to see you here, also an indigene.

Hehhh... Yetunde, nle faa.
Booni, so wa? Good to meet you too.
Don't mind al this sofos spamming the thread.

Dragonking:

I am only correcting the lies so many people are spreading here..I know it is bitter but the truth be told. on the being ruled by Fulani's issh, your ancestors tried to drive them away, grow some balls and do the same instead of fabricating lies and fantacies that aren't true.

Bro, u can cry me a river ooh!
No one is fabricating lies here, i'll urge you to re-read the article you shared and see the resemblance as that of this OP. Just saying same thing in different words that's hard for u to comprehend.
On growing balls to overthrow the emirate council. Who gonna suffer am? No b us, the indigene.... not you bro, we don't care.
This 2015, reason along bro. What has yiur town benefitted from bn rule by an Oba that is missing in Ilorin, apart from the diabolical fetishes show whc we ain't ready for.
So, u just want war, and u'll be happy? Is that the summary of your rants?
U need more than Jesus!

mzteemarh:
lol thank you jare don't mind them I always get tired of explaining myself coupled with the fact that I so much look fulani because my mum is purely fulani.
But it is all good jare cheesy and nice meeting you.

Don't mind them, when dey tire, they should just pay a visit to the city and be surprised how hard to even see this pure fulani peeps they campaign for.
Me even get my well marked Kwara 11 tinz, yet they'll say I be Hausa.. i'll be like, unna dey craze! Walahi grin

VickyRotex:

sad Bororo Friend, you still dont get it do you? That article said this "Analysts interpreted this to mean that the parley did not believe that any emir had any business on Ilorin throne." read again na embarassed
I'm right, you are fulani... undecided

Vicky
This your friend need special lecture oooh! Lmao, u don try seff.... chaii, afi dragonking nah!
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

Guy u harsh o grin

Na play we dey play now grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Yadoctora:

What is that misconception please.
People calling Yorubas cowards!
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
CityNG:

Na play we dey play now grin
Guy dat death go bad o, but na fast death sha
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Fulaman198(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
macof:

How is it to be expected? I don't understand

These forums has a tendency to hate on Fulani people smiley cheesy
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by omonnakoda: 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
zimoni:

Alright.

I think both Oyo Empire and Afonja committed the political blunder then.

I'm just annoyed that a Fulani is an Emir in Yorubaland.

That's my anger.

Lobatan.
Why are we so sure that other Obas are indeed Yoruba.? Once again what does Yoruba mean . People who cling on to that concept have no understanding or a distorted understanding of history . To create empire you gain somethings and you lose others. Genetically I suspect that many people who we know as Yoruba are indeed Tapa or Hausa slave descendants who dissolved into the Oyo empire. The Oyos themselves are distinct from Ekiti and Ijebu. Finally Oduduwa came into Yorubaland from outside established a dynasty and rewrote history. The story of Oduduwa is no different from Alimi if we analyse it properly. Oduduwa was not a indigene.But then who did Oduduwa marry and his children after him. The queen of England is of German ancestry German . This is how kings come about ,they have to lay some claim of superiority of difference

2 Likes

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by NigerMan1: 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrPresident1:

Oduduwa did not come from Benin, Oduduwa came from the East, Heaven. Oduduwa is also the progenitor of the Bini: and they all came from heaven. I can prove it from the Bible.

MrPresident1 - this una well-known fallacious Oduduwa story again? And who told you "Oduduwa is also the progenitor of the Bini"? Is that another Yoruba version (latest one now) or you're simply making it up?

Simply to accept events and incidents that happened centuries ago is soooo difficult for you guys. You often find ways to weave fabulous stories to tarnish others history and subtly elevating yours.

Sorry to DISAPPOINT - Oduduwa is NOT the progenitor of the Bini. He was a Bini prince who escaped to Ife. The East you guys are talking about is actually Benin.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by zimoni(f): 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
omonnakoda:

Why are we so sure that other Obas are indeed Yoruba.? Once again what does Yoruba mean . People who cling on to that concept have no understanding or a distorted understanding of history . To create empire you gain somethings and you lose others. Genetically I suspect that many people who we know as Yoruba are indeed Tapa or Hausa slave descendants who dissolved into the Oyo empire. The Oyos themselves are distinct from Ekiti and Ijebu. Finally Oduduwa came into Yorubaland from outside established a dynasty and rewrote history. The story of Oduduwa is no different from Alimi if we analyse it properly. Oduduwa was not a indigene.But then who did Oduduwa marry and his children after him. The queen of England is of German ancestry German . This is how kings come about ,they have to lay some claim of superiority of difference

I concur.

All the best.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Edmanpumpin(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
And TINUBU is the modern day AFONJA allowing BUHARI (ALIMI the Fulani) to rule.
In his very eyes, they both will perish Lagbara Eleduwa. Ase!!!!
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by eleko1: 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
undecided sad shocked Kebe kwara.
VickyRotex:
No matter the history, Omo Kwara ododo ni mi kiss smiley

Afonja undecided grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by NigerMan1: 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
pazienza:
The loss of Ilorin must be painful to the SW Yorubas, while the Ilorin people themselves, seem not to care, I can relate to the pain of the SW Yorubas, I pray that one day, they will be able to unite the whole of Yoruba speaking people, from Kwara and Kogi, and even the Itsekiris, if they permit.

Nothing is sweeter than for Brothers and sisters to dwell together, I envy monoethnic countries like Germany,Korea and Japan, it must be a great feeling sharing same country with just people from your ethnic language only, you can go to any part of the country and speak your local lect confident that everyone understands you.

pazienza - you are LIAR. And a big one too. Listen to me very carefully; ITSEKIRIS are not Yoruba speaking people. If you do not know the history of the Itsekiris, kindly go do intense research and read widely how a nation, town and people in a place become known as 'same tribe' in modern day.

Even you Yorubas of today DID NOT originate from same place, same time, same ancestry. The word "Yoruba" was used to describe you and bring you under same influence is more political than traditional and culture.

Most of you in Yoruba land easily get hoodwinked with lies and fables your elder are weaving about other tribes, because it make you feel 'superior'.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

Guy dat death go bad o, but na fast death sha

And cheaper for our enemy because they won't need full size coffin grin

The thing wey go remain self no go fit pass shoe box.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by NigerMan1: 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
makosine:
yorubas has been nice to non indigene ,so dont let be fools again,lagos be ware and warned

makosine - please keep off this funnt tirade about "Yoruba nice to strangers" which you people started parroting some years ago. And why do you guys often mention Lagos you talked about Yoruba being nice and strangers?

Sorry, I know tribalism and hateful egos, will not allow you people accept the truth. Lagos was earmaked by the Federal Government as a Federal capital terrotory and Commercial Center of Nigeria. Therefore, to activate the twin-position, most Federal government projects were concentrated in Lagos.

That's why Federal government built the Sea ports. Oil receptor known as Atlas Cove... Airports... Bridges such as Eko and Third mainland bridges... Estates... Major military barracks... Major road networks... New towns and so on.

So people came to Lagos for this reason and NOT because Yorubas are nice to strangers. In fact, you Yorubas also came to Lagos to hustle. As long as you are not an Awori, not Epe, not Badagry - you are also a "stranger in Lagos"

And should you want to take Lagos back? Then kindly submit all the Government establishment in Lagos built with Niger Delta oil.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by pazienza(m): 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
NigerMan1:

pazienza - you are LIAR. And a big one too. Listen to me very carefully; ITSEKIRIS are not Yoruba speaking people. If you do not know the history of the Itsekiris, kindly go do intense research and read widely how a nation, town and people in a place become known as 'same tribe' in modern day.

Even you Yorubas of today DID NOT originate from same place, same time, same ancestry. The word "Yoruba" was used to describe you and bring you under same influence is more political than traditional and culture.

Most of you in Yoruba land easily get hoodwinked with lies and fables your elder are weaving about other tribes, because it make you feel 'superior'.

I am not a Yoruba, I am Igbo. But I know that Itsekiris always have a soft spot for Yorubas, that's why I said, "if they(Itsekiris) permit".
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by barackodam: 10:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
sugarkemi:
Am nt frm ajase ipo..Am frm omo b eru ba sonu ni omu aran kan mo fi lo mi.emi kin se omo gberan gberan,sugbon ti omoge to rewa bi "B" ba sonu ni omu aran ki won mo ran elese wa .elesin ni ki won ran wa..ℓoℓ,am frm omu aran.bt to b sincere ajase ipo is d center of igbomina .so to achieve our aim nt to b rule by fulani again, we hv to cm 2geda

lol ruled by Fulani??

ko seese na, when we ain't Ilorin.

in fact, I go leave lasgidi to defend our land

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 10:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
Harzan:

Vicky
This your friend need special lecture oooh! Lmao, u don try seff.... chaii, afi dragonking nah!

cheesy No mind my Bororo friend fa... He sha wants to find trouble ni
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by omonnakoda: 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
pazienza:
The loss of Ilorin must be painful to the SW Yorubas, while the Ilorin people themselves, seem not to care, I can relate to the pain of the SW Yorubas, I pray that one day, they will be able to unite the whole of Yoruba speaking people, from Kwara and Kogi, and even the Itsekiris, if they permit.

Nothing is sweeter than for Brothers and sisters to dwell together, I envy monoethnic countries like Germany,Korea and Japan, it must be a great feeling sharing same country with just people from your ethnic language only, you can go to any part of the country and speak your local lect confident that everyone understands you.
Do all the deutsch people live in Germany? No You find them in Switzerland,Austria,Lichtenstein,Luxembourg and Belgium.
Are the Koreans united in one country? when you unite the Yoruba speaking people of Nigeria what about those in Benin republic?

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
eleko1:
undecided sad shocked Kebe kwara.Afonja undecided grin

Yelz Omo Kwara!!! smiley

sad Whatz kebe? undecided
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by pazienza(m): 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
omonnakoda:
Do all the deutsch people live in Germany? No You find them in Switzerland,Austria,Lichtenstein,Luxembourg and Belgium.
Are the Koreans united in one country? when you unite the Yoruba speaking people of Nigeria what about those in Benin republic?

No. But Germany is a German only country, same with Korea( both North and South) and Japan. They are monoethnic. Wouldn't it be nice for Yorubas to have a Yoruba only country?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by omonnakoda: 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
pazienza:

No. But Germany is a German only country, same with Korea( both North and South) and Japan. They are monoethnic. Wouldn't it be nice for Yorubas to have a Yoruba only country?
You are mixing up your examples firstly we have established that the Germans and Koreans do not live in one Country. So that example is irrelevant.There is no such thing as a Yoruba nation ,there was never a Yoruba country in History so whether it would be nice is a childish proposition. I already mentioned there are Anagos in Benin republic and they too were never part of a Yoruba project
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
CityNG:

And cheaper for our enemy because they won't need full size coffin grin

The thing wey go remain self no go fit pass shoe box.
Hahahahaha, omo e go pain d guys wey make coffin sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by refreshrate: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
lekahm:

BUT WHY DON'T WE HAVE HAUSA'S IN KWARA NOW?

Guy if na you, you no go run back after you don understand as the guy take waka come? What would stop him tomorrow from turning on you too?

BTW no wonder ilorin people dey always para if ibadan guy approach their girls for marriage dey be like lai lai (lai mohammed too na ilorin abi?) but ilorin peeps be like you can never marry ibadan, ibadan bawo? The source of the issue is made manifest.
Abeg dem too no settle o. The war must go on forever leaving for many broken hearts between both towns.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by refreshrate: 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Yelz Omo Kwara!!! smiley

sad Whatz kebe? undecided

spit mixed with muccor usually generated from clearing of throat na
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
refreshrate:

spit mixed with muccor usually generated from clearing of throat na

No... thats kelebe joor undecided
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by refreshrate: 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
Edmanpumpin:
And TINUBU is the modern day AFONJA allowing BUHARI (ALIMI the Fulani) to rule.
In his very eyes, they both will perish Lagbara Eleduwa. Ase!!!!

and the people of the lord say?

[size=32pt]Amen[/size] *followed by wild jubilation and out of this world frenzy*

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
How does this concern me? I still rep unilorin. Period! No time for ethnic and religious rivalry
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by pazienza(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are mixing up your examples firstly we have established that the Germans and Koreans do not live in one Country. So that example is irrelevant.There is no such thing as a Yoruba nation ,there was never a Yoruba country in History so whether it would be nice is a childish proposition. I already mentioned there are Anagos in Benin republic and they too were never part of a Yoruba project

It is you that don't understand my point.

The point I was making was that the Germans, the Japanese, and the Koreans all have a country where everybody there is of the same language stock. My point was never about if all the Germans, Japanese or Koreans live in the same country.

You are the one that introduced that argument. Cos I was well aware that not all Germans are in Germany, that knowledge is elementary.

If you are scared of a Yoruba only country, that's your cup of tea. What I know is that there must be an Igbo only country.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by refreshrate: 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

No... thats kelebe joor undecided

Na the short form be dis na? You sef!

Like because and cos
or like and lyk

check am na
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
macof:

You moronic bigot
Your link doesn't agree with what you said neither is it contradictory to the OP.

no sane man would say fulani took over ilorin, it was a religious battle in ilorin not fulani coming from the north to take over like you think
I can't even be wasting my time coaching a bigot who obviously has no sense
get don't sense, maybe read that link properly

Macof, macof, macof!!! I have tried not to use insultive words for sometime and if you provoke me, I bet you won't be able to stand the heat..If you use insultive words again towards me, I will ensure that anywhere you post in any thread we will carry the use of abusive words there until a mod will ban both of us from NL. be warned!!

Next time pass your message in a reasonable manner.

3 Likes

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
refreshrate:

Na the short form be dis na? You sef!

Like because and cos
or like and lyk

check am na

No joor I stil dont agree...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio / Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief / Photos From Wema Bank Old School Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.