Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,629 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (101001 Views)

Nigeria Historical Facts: Who Are The Egbas?? / Culture And Historical Background Of Kabba People Of Kogi State / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Of course that's your relative right? wink

Lols cheesy

Something like that wink
If and only if the cap fits him tho grin grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by oathman(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
phlio:
am from kwara state.

where in kwara
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

yes bukola has a strong hold on that region.

Shaaba Lafiaji is strong in kwara North, Bukola understands kwara politics, look at this detail: He's managing kwara central, he's aligned with Lafiaji and his candidate is from Kwara south. Kwara south votes divided and all districts covered. Now that's some masterclass politics in my opinion
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by barackodam: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
sugarkemi:
♈̷̴̩‎ε̲̣̣α̲̅‎​н,bt d issue is wia d capital will b situated.omu aran pple are fighting to b situated in dere likewise offa pple.bt d centre of dis town is ajase ipo.I hope dey wil put dis selfish interest aside nd fight for igbomina state

you're from Ajasse??

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

embarassed embarassed undecided
Ehnnn.. visiting ain't a bad thing after all tongue

Yes..when the sultan comes, I know you all will surround and bow at his feet while kissing his ring. May God deliver kwara. Say amin.grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by barackodam: 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy lols. Oh okay. Okerimi is Oke-ero right.? Never heard of Esie
From Igbomina... Iloffa/Isapa smiley

do you live in your hometown??
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Lols cheesy

Something like that wink
If and only if the cap fits him tho grin grin
Well I'm a friend to one of his sons ( we were classmates) may the best candidate win
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Doluseun:

Fulani never conquered any Yoruba town aside Ilorin

ogbomoso the nearest town to Ilorin from Oyo are predominantly Christians in fact 70% to 30% because they were stopped from furthering their jihad Ay ogbomoso border
The Fulanis never conquered any part of yoruba land. Islam wasn't brought to my land(Yorubaland) by the Fulanis but by the 'Songhai empire' through trade. This happened more than 400years before the advent of Christianity. Newly converted Muslims settled in Ibadan and they served in the army. So don't get it twisted, I doubt your percentage about Ogbomosho, it's wrong! Verify again! grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Mtm5313: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
umnm
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Shaaba Lafiaji is strong in kwara North, Bukola understands kwara politics, look at this detail: He's managing kwara central, he's aligned with Lafiaji and his candidate is from Kwara south. Kwara south votes divided and all districts covered. Now that's some masterclass politics in my opinion
yes, the guy is tactically blessed in politicking. I think it would have been better If PDP had adopted belgore as their candidate instead of ajibola.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

http://tribune.com.ng/columns/backpage/diran-apata-s-sunday-message/item/2843-historical-facts-about-ilorin-and-kwara-yoruba/2843-historical-facts-about-ilorin-and-kwara-yoruba

This is complete and utter hogwash until and unless the author includes the brave Ibadan warriors in his writeup.

The fulanis, in gbaremu war, tried to take over yorubaland but were held back by the ibadan warriors.

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by okorune(m): 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
OperationIgrigi:
**grins** Revisionism at it's peak.Ishilove and co. frontpage biko. I wan talk something.
Kwara and Kogi belongs to the fulanis they fought for it and own everything including the yoruba vassal there. Any attempt to install an Oba will bring the wrath of the Sultanate upon them. Emirate Kwara is one reason why yorubas do not want this country to divide, they do not want to face the Fulanis wrath over that southernmost fulani emirate. Pure cowardice!. **LOLS**

Get ur fact right. Ebiras and Igallas were not yoruba decent neither was d Ebiras conquered by any other nation. Not even d fulanis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

I really pray the vote of the masses count. Lots of people don't want the Saraki god- fatherism again... But with Saraki been proposed for Senate President, it scares me... i hope this Saturday's electionwil put smiles on people's face by giving them whom the cap truely fits...

who do you think the cap fits?
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by rexmozee2011: 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
All is Islam propaganda, am asking all Muslims, who among you chosed your religion? it was forced on you by Jihadist Boko Haram, you were been disillusioned long ago for you to see light. I have given life and death, choose life that you may live. What a pity, come out among them and be separated says the Lord before it too late

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Clefcentfelix(m): 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

yes, the guy is tactically blessed in politicking. I think it would have been better If PDP had adopted belgore as their candidate instead of ajibola.
Hmmmmm, I believe the opportunity to change this trend will soon come sha!
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
CityNG:

This is complete and utter hogwash until and unless the author includes the brave Ibadan warriors in his writeup.

The fulanis, in gbaremu war, tried to take over yorubaland but were held back by the ibadan warriors.
Go bash head for wall! grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

Oh that will be great. I bet you will enjoy your stay.

Looking forward to see you in december.

Okay bro
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by barackodam: 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
demzzy15 and sugarkemi.

I had strongly wished for Igbomina state also, but truth be told, its close to impossible.

States are created due to probably segregation and Kwarans are united....that you can not deny. So if you are united, what is the need for creation of state??

also, I doubt if Offa will join, offa isn't igbomina naa.

well except if the whole Kwara South falls out, maybe then.

I do say this, in as much as I don't want disintegration of Nigeria, if it happens, its the Ilorins that would suffer.

Southern Kwarans would gladly join Oduduwa Republic, leaving Ilorin in dilemma

2 Likes

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Yemimovich(m): 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

http://tribune.com.ng/columns/backpage/diran-apata-s-sunday-message/item/2843-historical-facts-about-ilorin-and-kwara-yoruba/2843-historical-facts-about-ilorin-and-kwara-yoruba

Mr. writer, please where do you come from? Are you an historian or your article is just curled out of tribune newspaper, I mean were you the one who wrote it? Now, trace your history back to how sokoto caliphate was formed.. Research on how islam became a religion in the northern part of Nigeria by uthman dan fodio..Go and know the reason why borno state is not settled till date over religious crisis.. I bet you won't agree that that ilorin was invaded..The invasion came up as a result of mischievous and betrayal attitudes of yoruba leaders as at then..Ask any bariba man hiw ilorin was formed, he will definitely tell you they found ilorin..so, everybody is just making points from what he or she has read..But, kwara people have not been at loggerhead over such issue and this is 21st century, that different tribes have inter twinned either by marriage or trade or education or politics or religion etc..I submit..and U stand to be corrected ...thanks.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

Yes..when the sultan comes, I know you all will surround and bow at his feet while kissing his ring. May God deliver kwara. Say amin.grin

angry You know all this you're saying doesnt change the fact that I'm not a Fulani girl...

Ntoooiii... Am suspecting you're fulani sef..

Oun wa eni kun ra... tongue tongue
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by barackodam: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
rexmozee2011:
All is Islam propaganda, am asking all Muslims, who among you chosed your religion? it was forced on you by Jihadist Boko Haram, you were been disillusioned long ago for you to see light. I have given life and death, choose life that you may live. What a pity, come out among them and be separated says the Lord before it too late

please, kindly find your way to religion section.

Don't start another quarrel here, we havnt finished it

smiley

4 Likes

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Well I'm a friend to one of his sons ( we were classmates) may the best candidate win

Oh great. smiley
Amin ooo

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by blym4real: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Clefcentfelix:

Hmmmmm, I believe the opportunity to change this trend will soon come sha!

I pray it comes soon oh.

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
barackodam:

do you live in your hometown??

No I dont smiley
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Dragonking: 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

angry You know all this you're saying doesnt change the fact that I'm not a Fulani girl...

Ntoooiii... Am suspecting you're fulani sef..

Oun wa eni kun ra... tongue tongue

Why are you always sticking out your tongue abi you wan lick me nii? grin
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
Yemimovich:

Mr. writer, please where do you come from? Are you an historian or your article is just curled out of tribune newspaper, I mean were you the one who wrote it? Now, trace your history back to how sokoto caliphate was formed.. Research on how islam became a religion in the northern part of Nigeria by uthman dan fodio..Go and know the reason why borno state is not settled till date over religious crisis.. I bet you won't agree that that ilorin was invaded..The invasion came up as a result of mischievous and betrayal attitudes of yoruba leaders as at then..Ask any bariba man hiw ilorin was formed, he will definitely tell you they found ilorin..so, everybody is just making points from what he or she has read..But, kwara people have not been at loggerhead over such issue and this is 21st century, that different tribes have inter twinned either by marriage or trade or education or politics or religion etc..I submit..and U stand to be corrected ...thanks.
I never claimed to write the article, if I wanted to, I wouldn't have pasted the the source. From all observations, you didn't even read the article but glanced quickly. Maybe you were too scared to read because it clearly refutes all your gibberish rubbish about the Great Yorubas being cowards. The article shows that the Yorubas had control over their matters and no foreigner dared fu'k with them!

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by barackodam: 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

No I dont smiley

thought as much....when you said you havnt heard of Esie

1 Like

Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Demmzy15(m): 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
barackodam:
demzzy15 and sugarkemi.

I had strongly wished for Igbomina state also, but truth be told, its close to impossible.

States are created due to probably segregation and Kwarans are united....that you can not deny. So if you are united, what is the need for creation of state??

also, I doubt if Offa will join, offa isn't igbomina naa.

well except if the whole Kwara South falls out, maybe then.

I do say this, in as much as I don't want disintegration of Nigeria, if it happens, its the Ilorins that would suffer.

Southern Kwarans would gladly join Oduduwa Republic, leaving Ilorin in dilemma
Nice insight bro, but but.... embarassed
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

Are you from Ilorin?

What should it be called if not betrayal.
yes im from ilorin.
I think the story of betrayal is just a fallacy to create hatred among the yorubas and fulanis.
Well *shrugs im not sure though.
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
blym4real:

who do you think the cap fits?

Ehmmm, I dont stay in Kwara, so I wouldnt know much. But I'm certain it doesnt fit Saraki's clan anylonger. That jinx needs to be broken. sad
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

Why are you always sticking out your tongue abi you wan lick me nii? grin

Ewwww... puke puke puke undecided
Re: Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba by VickyRotex(f): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
barackodam:

thought as much....when you said you havnt heard of Esie

smiley I know it as Irepodun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio / Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief / Photos From Wema Bank Old School Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.