Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,500 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. (38547 Views)

Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / Bring Back Lagos – Calabar Rail Project---vanguard / Hahaha! See What A Colonial Oyibo Writer Said About ''Eboes'' (Igbo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by kendrick9(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

Your oba was a makeshift by the British, a jelly clown to calm jittery nerves and consolidate British rule. That was one form used to maintain peace and order by the British. How come you do not know this and you are a Lagosian. Oh I forgot, you migrated too.

Go and ask that Oba questions and if he is honest, he will tell you. If there is anybody to lay claim to Lagos, is the Benins. Fools wake up and smell the coffee.
nice one bro... funny how these fools claiming lagos don't even know the history of lagos...

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by oluwafemi113(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
bamidele029:
Now they are looking for trouble
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
oluwafemi113:

Dude how are you sure I don't have any English name if this is all what you can point to?

Give me your last authentic name and I shall tell you your original patriarch.

People like you makes me hate democracy.

I love it and also the Nigerian Constitution. Let me give you kids another story. I remember 1993 clearly, after the MKO saga, some yoruba touts thought upon themselves to cause mayhem, they initially started killing the hausas in mile 12 and wanted to extend to the Ibos, the Ibos in Onitsha came in trucks, invaded Lagos and started their onslaught before the military took over to restore peace.

I am not a tribalist, but I have read, watched and listened to kids who know nothing about Lagos other than the ones told to them by their parents, come up here to spit thrash. Talking about war or coming out to fight and I like said previously, it is not the igbos in Lagos that will fight you, just like 1993, the mad ones in Onitsha and Aba will rush down to do the bidding.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Kingspin(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
cyril83:

You can be a citizen in the uk but you can never rule over them, obama is a black american president in the US and blacks never messed up nor claim ownership.

Let igbo man becomes lagos state governor and see how everything will turn drastically against yorubas.

Greedy fellow.
U cannot rule them but Obama did.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by cobratail: 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
[s]
Boss13:

He knows that already. He even visited the Oba of Benin to acknowledge the rightful owners of Lagos. I guess you were still a child then because it was covered very well by media houses. All these small children of yesterday coming out to say shit on stories their drunk parents told them.
[/s]

Your senile father must be stupid to feed you with all these jargons, calling other peoples parent drunk shows you were conceived by a local dog who happens to be your deranged mother. Id.iots like you can only hide behind chinko phone to post jargons. Idiat
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by stanech: 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
sylaz:
call it jealousy all you like, it won't matter what started what when it ends. Goodluck.

I pray agbage wins I know he can't anyway but I just pray he does let heaven fall
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
kendrick9:
nice one bro... funny how these fools claiming lagos don't even know the history of lagos...

No. I have to set the record straight. To tell them the hardcore truth. They don't even no how come people started screaming Lagos is a no-man's land. The real lagosians were slaves, just like our ancestors were slaves to the British, first they were slaves to the Benin empire, and later the British. All these small children. mtshewwww

3 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
These hairy cannibals are funny. Colonial settlement? So, Lagos wasn't there before the white man?

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by divaoflife: 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
Who dey talk?APGA dey lagos ni?
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
cobratail:
[s][/s]

Your senile father must be stupid to feed you with all these jargons, calling other peoples parent drunk shows you were conceived by a local dog who happens to be your deranged mother. Id.iots like you can only hide behind chinko phone to post jargons. Idiat

Ok I have struck a raw nerve. Good for you. I hope you are happy now that you know that Lagos, which your drunk parents migrated to, is and still remains a conquered land and a conquered land is no-man's land.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by 2ruink(m): 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
What do you call this? How do people get their title? Is it age, money or high level of atrocities that brings crown to a bad head? A man swears with his life and admits to be called a bastard should an eligible candidate wins an election. Just because a particular political platform does not favour his selfish desires. Unfortunately, Oba Rilwan Onyeoshi Akiolu is a traditional ruler of a land. And I have to ask those who think this tout has done well in his lagoon threat - What is your name if a blind man shows you the way? This man must apologize on his knees.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by bismarck: 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Arch1:
i have friends who are of the Agbabiaka Dynasty, the same royal family where the current Osolo of Isolo hails from. I cant tell you how livid they are to the fact that an ibo man, Tony Nwulu would be the one representing Osodi/Isolo federal constituency in Abuja just because PDP gave him that slot and helped him rig his way through
It is in the best interest that he won that constituency! How can a people who constitute no less than30% of a state's population, and contribute no less to its economy, remain excluded from politics?? APC in Lagos has never made any sincere effort to brng in non-Yorubas into governance, not even at the community level and you think that is fair Amadioha is doing press-up on your case ooo...
APGA is a registered political party in Nigeria and it's folks like you that would always view its position with tribalism. Igbos wanted a country of their own but were forcefully opposed and told to embrace a very false 'one Nigeria' that continously try to diminsh their nationalistic outlook. One finds a good number of Yorubas, and indeed all other Nigerians in Igboland, but what is their level of integration with locals in these areas? How much investment or even residency do they have in these areas, such that they can impact on politics in Ala Igbo?
I repeat, it is the Igbo by their willingness to move to other areas that fully express Nigerian nationalism. PDP Lagos chapter are trying to right the wrongs of the age-long, hate-filled, wicked, greedy agenda of the APC and its forebears (AD and co..). Only useless, ethnic rats would be against the new rapproachment the PDP is trying to bring among all the tribes in Lagos. As long as Nigeria remains as presently constituted, [b]Ndigbo MUST continue to press high [/b]for fair representation in the governance of Lagos, and in indeed in all states outside Igboland where it has strategic interests. They ought not to be relegated as mere tax-payers, just using their numbers by previous wicked state governments to collect Federal allocation. The hunger for Ndigbo to get administrative posts and contribute meaningfully to the development of Lagos must never be diminished by the blabbing of an irrelevant village head.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 5:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
From the crowning of Ado as its first Oba, Lagos (then called Eko) served as a major center for slave-trade, from which then Oba of Benin Ado and all of his successors for over four centuries benefitted - until 1841, when Oba Akitoye ascended to the throne of Lagos and tried to ban slave-trading.

Local merchants strongly opposed the intended move, and deposed and exiled the king, and installed Akitoye's brother Kosoko as Oba.[3]

At exile in Europe, Akitoye met with British authorities, who had banned slave-trading in 1807, and who therefore decided to support the deposed Oba to regain his throne. With the success of the British intervention, in 1851 Akitoye was reinstalled as Oba of Lagos. In practical terms, however, British influence over the kingdom had become absolute, and ten years later, in 1861, Lagos was formally annexed as a British colony.

READ UP FOOLS. Your Oba was a makeshift by the British.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
APGA just worsened the whole situation.

Instead of claiming Lagos to be a Portuguese name and insisting it is no man's land,what have they done to stop PDP in the southeast from robbing them of their victory in the elections?

please o! my landlord is a Yoruba man and a very kind hearted one for that matter. I don't want him to have problems with me because of one useless person who claims he speaks for Igbos.

Ndi Igbo,let bygones be bygones!

Berem, is that your pix in your profile? What astonishing beauty! Please can we meet? cool

I have been trying hard to restrain our people but many will not listen.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

You are not from Lagos. Stop claiming it. The original Lagosians all have English last names. That is the difference because the white men made them slaves and converted their last name. Fool coming to claim Lagosian when he is from Ondo state
Some Ijaw, Opobo, Andoni and Kalabari also bear the names of their European friends as their surnames.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by cobratail: 5:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
[s]
Boss13:

Ok I have struck a raw nerve. Good for you. I hope you are happy now that you know that Lagos, which your drunk parents migrated to, is and still remains a conquered land and a conquered land is no-man's land.
[/s]

Nah, am just glad you got to know the village w.hore you call a mother is for every drunk villagers. I am sure your late senile father never tell you the real story, but am glad you hear it first from me today. cool cool
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by AgentMS: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

I love it and also the Nigerian Constitution. Let me give you kids another story. I remember 1993 clearly, after the MKO saga, some yoruba touts thought upon themselves to cause mayhem, they initially started killing the hausas in mile 12 and wanted to extend to the Ibos, the Ibos in Onitsha came in trucks, invaded Lagos and started their onslaught before the military took over to restore peace.

I am not a tribalist, but I have read, watched and listened to kids who know nothing about Lagos other than the ones told to them by their parents, come up here to spit thrash. Talking about war or coming out to fight and I like said previously, it is not the igbos in Lagos that will fight you, just like 1993, the mad ones in Onitsha and Aba will rush down to do the bidding.

Who is this bloody liar?

Even your best could not even capture a small town like Ore.

We can all remember how all of you ran away during June 12 in 1993 to your gully eroded land, praying that war will befall our peaceful and prosperous land.

3 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by cyril83(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Kingspin:
U cannot rule them but Obama did.

Too many dullard on NL.
United kingdom is different from United states. Blacks can't rule in the Uk
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Berem, is that your pix in your profile? What astonishing beauty! Please can we meet? cool

meet you for what if i may ask?

please kindly stick to the topic.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by AgentMS: 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:
From the crowning of Ado as its first Oba, Lagos (then called Eko) served as a major center for slave-trade, from which then Oba of Benin Ado and all of his successors for over four centuries benefitted - until 1841, when Oba Akitoye ascended to the throne of Lagos and tried to ban slave-trading.

Local merchants strongly opposed the intended move, and deposed and exiled the king, and installed Akitoye's brother Kosoko as Oba.[3]

At exile in Europe, Akitoye met with British authorities, who had banned slave-trading in 1807, and who therefore decided to support the deposed Oba to regain his throne. With the success of the British intervention, in 1851 Akitoye was reinstalled as Oba of Lagos. In practical terms, however, British influence over the kingdom had become absolute, and ten years later, in 1861, Lagos was formally annexed as a British colony.

READ UP FOOLS. Your Oba was a makeshift by the British.

Funny you.

If I want to follow your warped tales by moonlight story of Oba of Benin, I put it to you and I am asking you

WHO OWNS THE CROWN of BENIN KINGDOM?

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
AgentMS:

Who is this bloody liar?

Even your best could not even capture a small town like Ore.

We can all remember how all of you ran away during June 12 in 1993 to your gully eroded land, praying that war will befall our peaceful and prosperous land.

I am not a double twisted yoruba fella. Many Ibos ran to the ancestry homes. FACT. Some stayed behind, take it from me who witnessed it. The igbos from Onitsha came down and caused mayhem, which made Babaginda to order curfew and military patrol.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Lyoncrescent: 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
Obas of Lagos and dates
List of Obas of Lagos
Ado (1630–1669) (son of Ashipa/Esikpa)[2][3]
Gabaro (1669–1704) [4]
Akinsemoyin (1704–1749) [4] or (c.1760-1775) [5]
Eletu Kekere (1749) [2]
Ologun Kutere / Ologunkutere / Ologunkuture (1749–1775) [2] or (1780-1801) [5] or until 1803 [6]
Adele Ajosun (1775-1780)[7][4] or (1801-1821) [5] or (1806-1813)[8][7]
Eshilokun / Esinlokun Ajan (1780–1819)[4] or (1821–1829)[5]
Idewu Ojulari (1819–1832) [4] or (1829-1835)[5]
Adele Ajosun (second term) (1832-1834) [4] or (1835-1837) [5][8][7]
Oluwole (1837-1841) [9][6]
Akintoye or Akitoye (1841-1845) [4][9][6]
Kosoko (1845–1851) [4][5][6]
Akintoye or Akitoye (second term) (1851-1853)[4]
Dosumu the Great (1853–1885) [4][9]

Oyekan (1885–1900)
Esugbayi Eleko (1901-1925 & 1932)
Ibikunle Aki(n)toye (1925–1928)
Sanusi Olusi (1928–1931)
Falolu (1932–1949)
Adeniji Adele (1949–1964)
Adeyinka Oyekan II (1965–2003)
Oba Rilwan Akiolu (2003 till date)

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Boss13: 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
AgentMS:

Funny you.

If I want to follow your warped tales by moonlight story of Oba of Benin, I put it to you and I am asking you

WHO OWNS THE CROWN of BENIN KINGDOM?

THE ROYAL FAMILY OF THE BENIN. NOT TALES BY MOONLIGHT - FACT. WE ARE GOING TO MAKE A MOVIE ON THIS SOON. WATCH OUT. THAT IS WHY I SAY, I KNOW THE HISTORY OF LAGOS BETTER THAN THE LAGOSIANS AND NOT THE ONDOs or THE OYOs WHO MIGRATED TO LAGOS.

TAKE CARE
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by AgentMS: 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

I am not a double twisted yoruba fella. Many Ibos ran to the ancestry homes. FACT. Some stayed behind, take it from me who witnessed it. The igbos from Onitsha came down and caused mayhem, which made Babaginda to order curfew and military patrol.

Bloody liar.

Which part of Lagos did your invisible "Osha Warriors" caused mayhem?

I am listening o

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
So,will you fools start war ?
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by AgentMS: 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

THE ROYAL FAMILY OF THE BENIN. NOT TALES BY MOONLIGHT - FACT. WE ARE GOING TO MAKE A MOVIE ON THIS SOON. WATCH OUT. THAT IS WHY I SAY, I KNOW THE HISTORY OF LAGOS BETTER THAN THE LAGOSIANS AND NOT THE ONDOs or THE OYOs WHO MIGRATED TO LAGOS.

TAKE CARE

Do not run away.

Answer the question. Who.owns the crown of Benin?

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Lyoncrescent: 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
The Oba of Lagos ish wasn't ceated by the British . Secondly saying lagos is owned by the people from Benin because lagos was conquered by benin is like saying Poland is currently owned by the Germans simply because Poland was occupied by Germany. In history , to determine the true occupiers of the land we have to go back to the earliest history known which clearly says Lagos was inhabited by Yoruba aworis in the 15th century . To come now and twist the truth is just sad and tragic. Unless one can provide evidence that another tribe apart from the yoruba aworis inhabited Lagos in all records known to man, we can safely say lagos is a Yoruba state by origin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by ChinemeOkpan: 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Woman wrapper grin grin

In in the midst of trying to mediate, konji is still operating in his life

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
Yoruba,if you people don't start war then I will know you are latent cowards....pick up your weapons and fight the Igbo....Do it cowards!
Do it if you know you are brave like the Igbo....Thunder fire every bigoted cone head!

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by abokikhalifa: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
Abeg which opportunty as pdp given to the so called ndi igbos? Some body should tell me....
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by cobratail: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Dele010: 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
You've got to give it to the man, HE IS RIGHT.

[size=22pt]NIGERIA'S BIGGEST PROBLEM, EVEN IN THE 21ST CENTURY, IS ILLITERACY.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Shahida Sanusi On Day3 Of Her Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM / Obaseki To Peter Obi: You Lack The Experience To Be Nigeria's Next President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.