Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,493 members, 7,816,167 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. (38546 Views)

Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / Bring Back Lagos – Calabar Rail Project---vanguard / Hahaha! See What A Colonial Oyibo Writer Said About ''Eboes'' (Igbo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by 2ruink(m): 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
cyril83:
Stunt to claim lagos, yoruba be wise.

Ojukwu is dead but his greed spirit still reside in the heart of every igbos, they still have ambition to claim and rule over yorubas right on our soil.

Now i believe in oba akiolu, he must have seen what we're unable to see. Igbo people are very desperate.

Very soon there will be a move to unseat oba akiolu and also change the OBA tittle to IGWE.

Remember what happened in kwara state some decades ago where fulanis stylishly claimed our land, we should not allow such this time around.
Lagos is a mere myth without IGBOs. Give honour to whom honour is due.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by birdman(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
jayfolarin:

Pls modify your post and include the source (link) for fast transition to the frontpage.

yeah, forgot that. just did
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by 2ruink(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ralphlauren:
This is exactly why I supported Kabiyesi Oba Akiolu.

Imagine such nonsense coming from APGA. this is what they've been feeding their fellow ibo men at their so called ''society and townhall meetings'

honestly, APC, the Oba of Lagos and its true indigenes are just waiting till after the election on saturday to unleash on the Ibos.

Ibos have bitten more than they can chew and the battleline has been drawn.

Talk is cheap.....like when a coward becomes bold.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by meforyou1(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
cyril83:

Too many dullard on NL.
United kingdom is different from United states. Blacks can't rule in the Uk
Says who? Do you know about an igbo man Chuka Umunna, a British MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills? Called British Obama. That is a British Prime Minister In Waiting.

Chuka Umunna's father Bennett, of the Nigerian Igbo ethnic group, died in a road accident in Nigeria in 1992.His mother, Patricia, is a solicitor and daughter of Sir Helenus Milmo QC, the Anglo-Irish High Court judge.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuka_Umunna

3 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by raumdeuter: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
T8ksy:

I know the concept of respect is alien in your culture but in mine , we don't joke with it. Even if our Oba erred in his auterance ( which is still open to individual interpretation), we certainly would not be silent seeing how you ibos have totally shred him to pieces. We will rather punish our recalcitrant child than leave it to our neighbours to do.

Am not bursting any vessels in fact, am grinning from ear to ear knowing that I have finally be vindicated! I have always maintained that you ibos will eventually "climb your tree beyond its leaves" as par our r/ship simply 'cause you lot just can't help yourselves . And when you finally get that which you have been foolishly seeking, then you resort to your typical victim mode.

This was exactly how you ibos incurred the northerners wrath and now you want to add another major group''s ( in the country) -yorubas, to the fold.

Very smart.......Indeed!

Do you remember me?

DO you remember what I said 3yrs ago about the issue of Lagos and Ibos when I posted a transcipt of AKintola's video

I am very glad this is happening and it would teach al those pseudo sophisticated Yorubas a lesson that you crush rebellion with force not wth kids gloves

7 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Horllamideh(m): 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
Kingspin:
The same sentiment that apc is using to incite Yorubas againt Agbaje. They making it look the man no be yoruba just becos he is not in APC camp.
i get what you are saying but why do you think the remark was blown out of proportion,don't you think PDP has a hand in it?? Am not supporting any party o

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by cobratail: 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
[s]
OdenigboAroli:
Yoruba,if you people don't start war then I will know you are latent cowards....pick up your weapons and fight the Igbo....Do it cowards!
Do it if you know you are brave like the Igbo....Thunder fire every bigoted cone head!
[/s]

Thunder fire your generation and all Izuora family. The bastard Ojukwu of cursed memory was the coward general of the federation that ran away from war he started, you can only rant and shout online. Fools like you are far away Texas and talking about war in Nigeria, why not come down to Nigeria to start the war. Idi.ot

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by birdman(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
@ seun i am curious as to why this isnt frontpage , considering all the crazy stuff im seeing out there

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by OperationIgrigi: 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jakpon:
Lazy Yeribas we Igbos are the one that helped them develop Lagos. Useless Ndi ofe people

**grins**Segun Adewole, so you now stoke ethnic flames by yabbing your people and make them think you are Igbo?. So you will kill your yoruba brother and link the crime to an Igbo?. We know your address and we will visit you when the food you are cooking is done.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Arch1: 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
bismarck:

It is in the best interest that he won that constituency! How can a people who constitute no less than30% of a state's population, and contribute no less to its economy, remain excluded from politics?? APC in Lagos has never made any sincere effort to brng in non-Yorubas into governance, not even at the community level and you think that is fair Amadioha is doing press-up on your case ooo...
APGA is a registered political party in Nigeria and it's folks like you that would always view its position with tribalism. Igbos wanted a country of their own but were forcefully opposed and told to embrace a very false 'one Nigeria' that continously try to diminsh their nationalistic outlook. One finds a good number of Yorubas, and indeed all other Nigerians in Igboland, but what is their level of integration with locals in these areas? How much investment or even residency do they have in these areas, such that they can impact on politics in Ala Igbo?
I repeat, it is the Igbo by their willingness to move to other areas that fully express Nigerian nationalism. PDP Lagos chapter are trying to right the wrongs of the age-long, hate-filled, wicked, greedy agenda of the APC and its forebears (AD and co..). Only useless, ethnic rats would be against the new rapproachment the PDP is trying to bring among all the tribes in Lagos. As long as Nigeria remains as presently constituted, [b]Ndigbo MUST continue to press high [/b]for fair representation in the governance of Lagos, and in indeed in all states outside Igboland where it has strategic interests. They ought not to be relegated as mere tax-payers, just using their numbers by previous wicked state governments to collect Federal allocation. The hunger for Ndigbo to get administrative posts and contribute meaningfully to the development of Lagos must never be diminished by the blabbing of an irrelevant village head.
Your sanctimonious verbiage and diatribe would be needed in Sabo Gari, Kano where the ibos constitute 100% of the population.

I guess the fear of the Hausas driving a dagger across the neck of you accursed souls wouldnt make you try the nonsense such as you do in Lagos.

Dont worry, the 'Northern treatment' awaits you b*stards in Lagos. Mark my word !

7 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by oluwafemi113(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
Boss13:

I love it and also the Nigerian Constitution. Let me give you kids another story. I remember 1993 clearly, after the MKO saga, some yoruba touts thought upon themselves to cause mayhem, they initially started killing the hausas in mile 12 and wanted to extend to the Ibos, the Ibos in Onitsha came in trucks, invaded Lagos and started their onslaught before the military took over to restore peace.

I am not a tribalist, but I have read, watched and listened to kids who know nothing about Lagos other than the ones told to them by their parents, come up here to spit thrash. Talking about war or coming out to fight and I like said previously, it is not the igbos in Lagos that will fight you, just like 1993, the mad ones in Onitsha and Aba will rush down to do the bidding.

Dude my point here is that Lagos doesn't belong to all. But to we the Aworis, Eguns and Ijebus from Epe/Ikorodu, Take it or you leave it. I'm not interested in all the rubbish you wrote up there

9 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by knowledgeable: 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
And APGA can kiss ma black a$$. These people make me sick but no be their fault. They are the only ones always claiming other people's territory as "no man's land", e.g Abuja, Lagos. It's the same mindset that generated the "abandoned property" controversy in Port Harcourt after the civil war.

My friend, Igbos can never claim Lagos, and we Igbos have common sense to know that lagos belong to yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
“It’s a cosmopolitan city. The name itself ‘Lagos’ is a Portuguese name, not a Yoruba name, or Igbo or Hausa name. Do we have such in Igbo land? We don’t have such.

“Lagos is purely a colonial settlement, forget those who are claiming it. Some people came from Ogbomosho, they are only enjoying proximity. And they are taking the thing as the owner of the land, which is wrong.

“In those days you dare not cross Marina, there is a prison yard near that Marina there, you don’t cross there because they will arrest you and put you in cell. You don’t go there. All the Ikoyi you see, all the Victoria Island, was a colonial master arrangement, not a Yoruba arrangement. So the issue of Igbo land and Yoruba land is a different thing.

“If you say Igbo man cannot go to Oyo State or Ekiti State and contest, I will concede, but Lagos is a colonial settlement, not a Yoruba land. They are only laying claim.”

No truer words have been spoken
That is history for those who don't know it
Now we can move on

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by iconize(m): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
This is utterly disrespectful to the real indigenous Lagosians. undecided

Anybody supporting this Apga mooron should be beheaded.

9 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by ChinemeOkpan: 6:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
OperationIgrigi:

[s]**grins**Segun Adewole, so you now stoke ethnic flames by yabbing your people and make them think you are Igbo?. So you will kill your yoruba brother and link the crime to an Igbo?. We know your address and we will visit you when the food you are cooking is done.[/s]

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by ChinemeOkpan: 6:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
iconize:
This is utterly disrespectful to the real indigenous Lagosians. undecided

Anybody supporting this Apga mooron should be beheaded.

shocked shocked shocked

Iconize who hijacked your account??
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by akins56(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
May the combination of Ogun and sango strike dead any yoruba that votes for jimi agbaje on Saturday !

5 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Sunny how can you say he is working for Ambode?

Such a reckless statement damages Jimi's chances more and I read somewhere some days ago that Lagos APGA were adopting Ambode.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/178260-apga-mulls-adoption-of-lagos-apc-guber-candidate.html
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by cyril83(m): 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
meforyou1:
Says who? Do you know about an igbo man Chuka Umunna, a British MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills? Called British Obama. That is a British Prime Minister In Waiting.

Chuka Umunna's father Bennett, of the Nigerian Igbo ethnic group, died in a road accident in Nigeria in 1992.His mother, Patricia, is a solicitor and daughter of Sir Helenus Milmo QC, the Anglo-Irish High Court judge.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuka_Umunna

Been in the cabinet is different from governing/ruling... Blacks can never rule in the uk.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by iconize(m): 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

No truer words have been spoken
That is history for those who don't know it
Now we can move on
Are you trying say that prior to the advent of the Portuguese and British, Lagos was empty? undecided
I don't just get this moronic obsession over Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by aderonila18: 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
akins56:
May the combination of Ogun and sango strike dead any yoruba that votes for jimi agbaje on Saturday !

Lol, truly any Yoruba that votes for Jimi is an Omo ale just like Jimi

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by ibisko04: 6:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
unite4real:
Its truly a colonial settlement because names like Epe, Surulere, Egbeda, Ilupeju, Shomolu, Mushin, Ajah, maroko etc are all Colonial names.

Its true again because when the colonial masters came, Lagos was empty. there were no human beings there. So the Colonial masters started speaking Yoruba and began to name all those areas above.

Wow. what a revelation.
LET IGBO KNOW THAT THEY CAN NOT FINISH THIS WAR THEY WANT TO START. Saying Lagos is a colonial enclave is like telling Onitsha monarch that Onitsha is an Hausa land.
It will not augur well for the Igbo race to start to antagonize the aboriginal sons and daughters of Isale Eko, Isolo, Apapa, Mushin, Amuwo Odofin and many more territory i can not mention now.
That the Igbo's are progressing and find the aboriginal sons of Lagos accommodating is not a license to say Lagos is no mans land.

3 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Berem, is that your pix in your profile? What astonishing beauty! Please can we meet? cool

I have been trying hard to restrain our people but many will not listen.

People are discussing Lagos ,this one dey find woman
Berem is a hot chic for sure
Igbo women no dey disappoint

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
iconize:

Are you trying say that prior to the advent of the Portuguese and British, Lagos was empty? undecided
I don't just get this moronic obsession over Lagos.

Anger begets anger
If the oba hadn't been stoopid in his utterances this thread will be non existent
If the king decides to run naked there are people who will beat the drums for him to dance
Nobody has a monopoly of bad mouth
Since the king can talk like a tout,he ought to be reminded that we have our own touts

Since his words have angered people and the responses have equally angered the hearers,it is now a draw
Everyone should go home and nurse their wounds
Chikena

You don't punch me with your fist and complain if I decide to respond with a semi automatic gun

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
I have come to the conclusion that most of you have a death wish.

3 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by afanide: 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
stanech:

Guy you can't do nothing

Correct urself........ Inorderwords, u're saying he can do Something........ Lol
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by AgentMS: 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

Anger begets anger
If the oba hadn't been stoopid in his utterances this thread will be non existent
If the king decides to run naked there are people who will beat the drums for him to dance
Since the king can talk like a tout,he ought to be reminded that we have our own touts

Since his words have angered people and the responses have equally angered the hearers,it is now a draw
Chikena

You don't punch me with your fist and complain if I decide to respond with a semi automatic gun

If your forefathers that were facing T72s and Abraham's tanks with machete and cassava sticks have reasoned this way, maybe 3million of you would not have been offered to Amadioha for fun.

10 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by sylaz(m): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
2ruink:

Lagos is a mere myth without IGBOs. Give honour to whom honour is due.
Yeah... Y'all built Lagos. Selling spare parts from criminal proceeds, selling pirated cds,Hawking gala and footmat and the cheap fvckin whores and not the major companies that pay tax and employ people built Lagos. Most retvrded thing I've ever head from a bunch of self conceited flvtheads. Claiming Lagos is a no mans land yet every single traditional post that exists in Lagos belongs to the 'not'-owners of Lagos. Even the Landlord of the hovel you call home is a Yoruba man. Now I know why a friend of mine hates every single one of you covetous fvcks! I pray you go out and say Lagos is a no man's land at Oshodi were people of your calibre will tear into you.

7 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by iconize(m): 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
babyosisi:

Anger begets anger

Chikena
The body bleaching oba has gotten so many replies that would make him eat his black shyte.

Believe me, this statement about Lagos being a colonial settlement - is darn annoying, and also says a lot about the IQ of the moronic speaker.

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
See why we can't allow Jimi get there? He's so desperate to d point where he has promised these strangers heaven on earth.. Let's see where their votes will lead him to..

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Scatterboss(m): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
This issue wont end well. Some folks are spreading this APGA reply to various yoruba yahoo groups. Hmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by IGBOSON1: 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
AJINATU:
A civil strife cum ethnic cleansing against the ibos is imminent in Lagos

^^^Hope you lead the charge! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

"I Know Wike O" - Ayo Fayose Warned Governor Fubara In Throwback Video / Shahida Sanusi On Day3 Of Her Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.