Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,249 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares (29131 Views)

Once Again Jimi Agbaje Loses At His Polling Unit / What Could Be Running In The Mind Of Amaechis' Wife (picture)? / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by Goke7: 11:06am On Apr 13, 2015
Jimi was in the wrong party and I think he was a little bit impatient, it was impossible for a pdp that Nigerians got tired of after 16 yrs in abuja to be voted into Lagos just like that. Lagosians are not that stupid! any other party even apga would have gotten Jimi in but pdp a big NO!

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by seunmsg(m): 11:06am On Apr 13, 2015
He can never win election in any part of yoruba land with what he did in the just concluded election anyway. So, good riddance to him.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 13, 2015
MizMyColi:
What is it with all the candidates PDP fielded this time?

I am supposed to be here mourning their losses yet I can't ignore my feelings of admiration for them.

Just look at what Jimi said up there. No sane human should fault that.

Even in loss, I feel like a victor.

God Bless The New PDP.
Based on our democratic tenets, gradually but steadily, we shall rebrand and re-possess the vision for a nation that the world looks up to, not some pawn to be toyed it.

This is Jonathan's legacy. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by synergycom19: 11:08am On Apr 13, 2015
You have tried may GOD bless you
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by highmood(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2015
I foresee him to be a very good vice presidential candidate in the future if he wants. He is a good product.
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by ceejayluv(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
Wrong.. not my general
yes he did, even cried at a point.
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by cole265(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2015
kliq:
JK is OK for presidency 2019 smiley

y do u want to entice this guy back?...e say him no won chop, na by force?

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by DoTheNeedful: 11:10am On Apr 13, 2015
DesChyko:

He's also had the trust of the igbos. And we shall stand by him when he needs us to, irrespective of what every other tribes have been told to do.

You stood by him,he lost.
You stood by GEJ,he also lost. Tell me something. The guy will not even pray that you stand by him again angry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by Sweetlemon(f): 11:11am On Apr 13, 2015
MizMyColi:
What is it with all the candidates PDP fielded this time?

I am supposed to be here mourning their losses yet I can't ignore my feelings of admiration for them.

Just look at what Jimi said up there. No sane human should fault that.

Even in loss, I feel like a victor.

God Bless The New PDP.
Based on our democratic tenets, gradually but steadily, we shall rebrand and re-possess the vision for a nation that the world looks up to, not some pawn to be toyed it.

Abegi. The PDP candidates were not just beaten but beaten black and blue wherever they lost. So accepting defeat seems to be the last honorable thing to do.

Jimi in his own case knows that he has spoilt his political career in Lagos/SW, at least while still under the PDP. How could he even imagine he could play the ethnic card in a state like Lagos and get away with it? Mehn you need to see the way people in my area rejoiced when Ambode was declared winner.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by treasuremi1(m): 11:12am On Apr 13, 2015
waternogetemeny:
1)However, yorubas are now a minority tribe in a Northern Dominated party. Wat will be your faith now as the SS/SE prepare to exit from Nigeria?

2) Lagos election was never about igbos but igbos was just a rally cry to gain votes of a bigot tribe. Can Ambode out perform Fashola? No! May Tinubu continue to enterprise and enrich himself, whilst u all(yorubas) remain his political thug. May AGBAJE type of yoruba man never cross ur path, just Tinubu Boyz. Amin!
What is this one saying. Mtcheww.
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by Chinom(m): 11:12am On Apr 13, 2015
I'm with him on that. He should never run again. PDP should commence the search for a young, well known Lagosian for 2019. I have nothing against Ambode. He might be a good governor, but i just do not like the fact that Tinubu is still in charge.

Fashola should have picked his successor as is done in most of the states in the federation. We can not continue to allow one man decide the fate of 20 million + odd people. Many countries in this world are not even up to 5 million in population. Lagos is a country / nation of it's own. Tinubu is becoming the Chiarman Mao of Lagos. I resent that.

Good luck to Ambode.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by bigx(m): 11:12am On Apr 13, 2015
Buhari said so in 2011
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Just unfortunate that Agbaje is now tainted as an Igbo ethnic politician! Imagine him promising to make an Eze Igbo a First Class Chief in Lagos. Except he was deceiving the Igbo he should know that The Igbo are a fiercely Republican and autonomous people who will not accept the overlordship of a single person as Eze all over Lagos Igbo- confusion will ensue! Just wondering how much of Igbo he can speak - in case he needs to try making a run for Governorship in any of the eastern states!
Shame to the apostles of ethnic politics playing us against one another! Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa et al are Nigerians who deserve to vote and be voted for ANYWHERE in the country.
It remains to be said however that it is an unreasonable and unfair thing to do to hit your host community under the belt by playing the ethnic card in election time when you have not been discriminated against in enjoying the dividend of democracy! The obvious attempt by Igbos at doing so in this elections is unfortunate and will only serve a notice on the Yoruba to be wary of the Igbo as a people nursing an agenda to take over their host community. The Igbo must consciously set out to put the Yoruba (their hosts in Lagos) at ease by correcting that impression quickly.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by hishaqmann(m): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
don't give up man.....
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by MizMyColi(f): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
searching4love:

You lack brain

Is that the best reply you can come up with?
Brilliant APC folk?undecided

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by reborn1: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
chukwudi44:

Seriously how exactly did he do that? Kindly produce direct quote and link to back it up.No speculation please

Sir loser, you have failed again in Lagos with all your boast and insult. shame uno get.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by treasuremi1(m): 11:16am On Apr 13, 2015
Goke7:
Jimi was in the wrong party and I think he was a little bit impatient, it was impossible for a pdp that Nigerians got tired of after 16 yrs in abuja to be voted into Lagos just like that. Lagosians are not that stupid! any other party even apga would have gotten Jimi in but pdp a big NO!
I agree with u to an extent. Not pdp in Lagos, that party is failing in the federal. We can't just live with that, we voted GEJ in 2011 and not pdp so we thought. But alas!!!
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2015
Jimi Agbaje should learn from Buhari. I was really shocked when Buhari won the presidential election; I never thought that was possible in this world.

Unfortunately for Jimi though the Yorubas have decide to call him Ikeshuku/Afonja. His crime was that he turned to non-indegines who are fellow Nigerians for support when his people largely abandoned him even though he is the true omoluabi Eko unlike one Ambode who is from Ondo State.

I smh. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by BizBloke(m): 11:18am On Apr 13, 2015
I appreciate his sense of reasoning - being of service in other ways.

He can still run for, if he decides to.
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by hayoakins(m): 11:18am On Apr 13, 2015
If you want to run again, run as an Independent candidate and stay off Tribal lane. You were the best candidate but lost to your misguided tongue and speeches

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by treasuremi1(m): 11:19am On Apr 13, 2015
Chinom:
I'm with him on that. He should never run again. PDP should commence the search for a young, well known Lagosian for 2019. I have nothing against Ambode. He might be a good governor, but i just do not like the fact that Tinubu is still in charge.

Fashola should have picked his successor as is done in most of the states in the federation. We can not continue to allow one man decide the fate of 20 million + odd people. Many countries in this world are not even up to 5 million in population. Lagos is a country / nation of it's own. Tinubu is becoming the Chiarman Mao of Lagos. I resent that.

Good luck to Ambode.
Hate him for all u care but tinubu delivered fashola, brought a merger with GMB. This is what a leader does.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2015
odeotito:
Just unfortunate that Agbaje is now tainted as an Igbo ethnic politician! Imagine him promising to make an Eze Igbo a First Class Chief in Lagos. Except he was deceiving the Igbo he should know that The Igbo are a fiercely Republican and autonomous people who will not accept the overlordship of a single person as Eze all over Lagos Igbo- confusion will ensue! Just wondering how much of Igbo he can speak - in case he needs to try making a run for Governorship in any of the eastern states!
Shame to the apostles of ethnic politics playing us against one another! Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa et al are Nigerians who deserve to vote and be voted for ANYWHERE in the country.
It remains to be said however that it is an unreasonable and unfair thing to do to hit your host community under the belt by playing the ethnic card in election time when you have not been discriminated against in enjoying the dividend of democracy! The obvious attempt by Igbos at doing so in this elections is unfortunate and will only serve a notice on the Yoruba to be wary of the Igbo as a people nursing an agenda to take over their host community. The Igbo must consciously set out to put the Yoruba (their hosts in Lagos) at ease by correcting that impression quickly.

Just imagine. He is mow being call Ikeshuku/Afonja. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by Brugo(m): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2015
Lol.

A sound demolition at the polls has made him give up.

Next time don't ask your relative (Oba Akiolu) to spew tribalistic rants that will backfire eventually.

Divisive campaign tactics don't pay. Ask mama peace what the "born troway" statement earned her husband.

Ask Fayose what his death wish earned his boss.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by shawwal1(m): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2015
I though he is the Governor of Lagoon state

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by sparkleRed(f): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2015
Hmm I feel 4 im cry after stepping down his governorship 4 Tinubu den, under AC abi ACN abi wetn, same man is making it very difficult 4 im 2 become governor,

Am sure he would be wishing he neva stepped down den 4 Tinubu, well life is so unfair

Buh he shouldn't give up, no matter d trials
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by zimoni(f): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2015
How about Anambra State nah?

Don't quit oooooooooooo

You must RUN in 2019.

Alalaaba Jati Jati.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by kaboninc(m): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2015
REALODUA:
better he face that medicine store

He has other business nau.
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by Brugo(m): 11:23am On Apr 13, 2015
sparkleRed:
Hmm I feel 4 im cry after stepping down his governorship 4 Tinubu den, under AC abi ACN abi wetn, same man is making it very difficult 4 im 2 become governor,

Am sure he would be wishing he neva stepped down den 4 Tinubu, well life is so unfair

Buh he shouldn't give up, no matter d trials

Step down what? Don't twist history abeg. Agbaje was always an opponent.
Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by olalat(m): 11:24am On Apr 13, 2015
He should just try senate. Maybe, I say maybe he could find his way round. Better still he should reconsider his alignment. Form new formidable coalition. Reassess his friends. Show remorse where necessary so that he can forge ahead. It takes more aristocrat tendencies to get through the mouldy water of Nigeria politics. Above all, never despise your people. (Ti a ba ta ara ile eni lopo, ako le rira lowon). All the best uncle Jimi. Don't quit yet.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by kaboninc(m): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Abegi. The PDP candidates were not just beaten but beaten black and blue wherever they lost. So accepting defeat seems to be the last honorable thing to do.

Jimi in his own case knows that he has spoilt his political career in Lagos/SW, at least while still under the PDP. How could he even imagine he could play the ethnic card in a state like Lagos and get away with it? Mehn you need to see the way people in my area rejoiced when Ambode was declared winner.

Those who rejoiced were Yorubas nau.

What area?

Alimosho?

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares by shumuel(m): 11:26am On Apr 13, 2015
We know you wont, you already lost your chances, Ambode would definately spend a second term in power(8years) by that time Jimmy would had been a very old man, and am sure by then APC would have had a good candidate in their Camp to Bring down poor Jimmy Again.

My Advice Go for Senator.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Foreign Dignitaries Arrive Nigeria Ahead Of Democracry Day Celebration (photos) / Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay / Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.