Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,918 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:57 PM

Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) (24616 Views)

Two Nairalanders Look Forward To April 8th... / Counter Thread - How To Spot Broke Girls Trying Too Hard To Impress. / Counter Thread:how A White Vs How A Naija Guy Ask For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
Dygeasy:
It's not up to you to decide FP-Worthy threads. They do and It just sucks a lot of times being on even NL homepage.
Even a Moderator on this section create silly threads and Seun move it to Front page. undecided
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
akinsadeez:

This is the link to the original article.

http://threelegals.com/index.php/home/k2-tags/opinion/item/291-7-reasons-why-you-should-date-a-lawyer

You will notice that the article was written on march 23rd and it was written by the senior partner of a lawfirm. (emphasis on written)

this is the word for word recreation of d thread on nairaland on march 24 without a link back to the original site.

https://www.nairaland.com/2213564/7-reasons-should-date-lawyer

My simple question was and still is, is d guy who copied and pasted it on nairaland the same senior partner of whiskers law firm who wrote d article on march 23rd. I very very very very much doubt that. If he is d same person, den case closed without rancour. If he is not, why copy and paste and even dedicate d article as if he created it himself.

funny enough I saw d article again on some blogs but they all linked back to Nairaland not d original site.
Here we go... Plag
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
akinsadeez:

http://threelegals.com/index.php/home/k2-tags/opinion/item/291-7-reasons-why-you-should-date-a-lawyer

You will notice that the article was written on march 23rd and it was written by the senior partner of a lawfirm. (emphasis on written)

this is the word for word recreation of d thread on nairaland on march 24 without a link back to the original site.

My simple question was and still is, is d guy who copied and pasted it on nairaland the same senior partner of whiskers law firm who wrote d article on march 23rd. I very very very very much doubt that. If he is d same person, den case closed without rancour. If he is not, why copy and paste and even dedicate d article as if he created it himself.

funny enough I saw d article again on some blogs but they all linked back to Nairaland not d original site.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by mizzsmilez(f): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

The purpose of the debate is not for them to learn old tricks but to grow up upstairs in relationship and marital issues
given by whom?
Grow upstairs?
That's an insult to them.
Who is to say an 18 year old doesn't have more sense than a paapa?
Relationahip and marital issues?
Sir, these guys just wanna have fun!
Its like telling a sixteen year old that coming home to cook for her husband is good.
Duh! She doesn't even have a boyfriend yet just guys she flirts with.
You do yours, they do theirs.

Idowuogbo:

I wish... embarassed
I don't believe you.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove, tell me you hid my comments by mistake? undecided
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Oahray: 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

My brother, that contest is my priority before all these quarrels I dey see here grin

Are you talking about the "You think you know your favourite Nairalander" contest?
yes. That contest.

As for making the section interesting again, I think 'interesting is relative'. Personally, I'd like to see the mods become less biased and more active. Take the lead, encourage people to use the section's derailers thread, ban unrepentant derailers (long enough to make US miss being able to post, but short enough to make an alternate account unnecessary), and let US know why. Humans learn by association, even animals.

Ehen... The contest. smiley
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:
Ishilove, tell me you hid my comments by mistake? undecided
Nope. You're derailing your own thread
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Dygeasy(m): 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
mizzsmilez:
load of it!

The oldbies should butt out.
Just because they don't enjoy wht these youngies do, doesn't mean they are not catching their fun.
Let them or show them how you used to do it.
If you can get off your high horses that is.

Dygeasy is easy. He is.
Ogini?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by mizzsmilez(f): 8:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
Dygeasy:
Ogini?
easy.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

I am not partial.

The End.
You are partial.

I remembered when I was banned.

Actually, the guy insulted me and I defened myself.

After 2days, I was banned because of a stale offence and the guy wasn't banned.
Maybe you saw my post that riled you to take that decision.

SMH

3 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
mizzsmilez:
given by whom?
Grow upstairs?
That's an insult to them.
Who is to say an 18 year old doesn't have more sense than a paapa?
Relationahip and marital issues?
Sir, these guys just wanna have fun!
Its like telling a sixteen year old that coming home to cook for her husband is good.
Duh! She doesn't even have a boyfriend yet just guys she flirts with.
You do yours, they do theirs.

I don't believe you.
Suggestions from all

Not an insult depending on how you comprehend it. Maybe a wrong use of words. I meant having knowledge of...

Possible, but many out there want something like this(Debate)

They want to have fun and this debate is part of the fun too cool

We have varieties of fun just like we have different ages in Romance section. So allow those who are interested to participate cool
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Thanks for pointing out.
why thanking him?
The did has been done, there's nothing u can do about it...
NL of 2007 is not the same NL of 2015, so much have changes have occured...
I have my observations but am sure as hell not gonna waste my time trying to prove points dat will only fall on deaf ears.
The owner of this website can do whatever pleases him to his own benefits.

As for me am only here to
*sip my coffee and retire to bed*
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by mizzsmilez(f): 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
I miss someone.
I'd like to be reunites with her.
Don't remember her moniker though.
This is about reunion, right?
She was fun.
Trolled but fun
Fair skinned
Long hair
Foul mouth
Flirts
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
ddnats---> Alter ego
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by akinsadeez(m): 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
Borrussia:
Here we go... Plag

Plag......what?Nah. come off it. since It was done by a very popular moniker it can't be plag. He was even receiving adulation on d thread for creating d write up. I only discovered it because the original one had been shared on Facebook by my colleagues.
At d end of d day, even if d guy involved does not have satisfactory answers to my simple question, I am sure nothing would be done and his threads would continually hit front page without anybody asking whether the content is plagiarized. It's just what it is.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by mizzsmilez(f): 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

Suggestions from all

Not an insult depending on how you comprehend it. Maybe a wrong use of words. I meant having knowledge of...

Possible, but many out there wants something like this(Debate)

They want to have fun and this debate is part of the fun too cool

We have varieties of fun just like we have different ages in Romance section. So allow those who are interested to participate cool
okay.
Didn't know this was a debate.
What's it about again?
Oldbies being sissies?
Youngies being dull?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by mizzsmilez(f): 8:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
akinsadeez:

Plag......what?Nah. come off it. since It was done by a very popular moniker it can't be plag. He was even receiving adulation on d thread for creating d write up. I only discovered it because the original one had been shared on Facebook by my colleagues.
At d end of d day, even if d guy involved does not have satisfactory answers to my simple question, I am sure nothing would be done and his threads would continually hit front page without anybody asking whether the content is plagiarized. It's just what it is.
is it tosyn2much?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by jnrbayano(m): 8:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
Great inputs. Please ignore this suggestion if it has been brought in before now. Pardon that I could not read past page 3.

Nairaland rules I believe were enacted to help bring order in here. The Mods I also believe were saddled with the task to enforce such rules.

If one should check the mighty traffic on the Romance section day in day out you will pity the guys (mods) on duty because you will just realise how onerous their task are to maintain law and order at all times. The mods are soundly outnumbered by romancelanders.

If Seun can add more moderators to the 3 we already have I reckon it will help restore some decorum, clampdown on derailing, put checks on senseless topics, arrest online bullies and tribalists, chase away fake identities etc.

Just to add to the beautiful suggestions I have read.

Cc

Xynerise

3 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
mizzsmilez:
okay.
Didn't know this was a debate.
What's it about again?
Oldbies being sissies?
Youngies being dull?
undecided
Someone get me a koboko
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by dechandel(f): 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
missclasssy:
Dechandel, always in ghost mode undecided
Been busy angry..
Just seeing the thread, thanks for bringing me here grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by agarawu23(m): 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
akinsadeez:

lobatan!!! "akara tu sepo"

this are the same ppl you hail and call guru when they can't handle their own relationshipsad you steal ppl's topic and claim the owner. but is none of my business undecided

nice job guy
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Dygeasy(m): 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
Vickybee:

Even a Moderator on this section create silly threads and Seun move it to Front page. undecided
lol! Direct your complaints to the mods grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Dygeasy(m): 8:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by vjsmiles: 8:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
[b] [size=14pt] that moment when everybody wants to act matured because this has been brought up undecided angry

no1: attention seeking! my bruvz above me have said it all concerning this matter
no2:woman wrappering!dire! the rate at which guys dilute this sect... with ^woman wrappering is way above normalcy...guys now use female accts posing as girls,stealing other peoples image and upload here and these pervs flood s/he with countless pm's....i wanna fvvking ask a question concerning sending girls pm's apart from taking your friendship level to the next step...will you ever see her undecided .....
even girls now use another lady's pictures to upload and receive praises undecided the praise aint fvvvkin allocated to you but the original......be yourself and wringle from low self esteem
another issue is ^bias^! you find poopoola being created and within a short time it is being pushed to front page wven though the thread lacks real steel and content.....
i have seen fpage worthy threads being bypassed because of that affiliated word ^bias^....

a thread created no matter how popular the poster us should be given a chance to grace the homepage......

for all i've stepped on their toes, bashed and insulted...i am sorry for any embarrassment and ego crushing i must have inflicted cry
we should work to the progress of this forum and sections and not throwing tantrums at each other....

cheers.... [/size]
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 8:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
jnrbayano:
Great inputs. Please ignore this suggestion if it has been brought in before now. Pardon that I could not read past page 3.

Nairaland rules I believe were enacted to help bring order in here. The Mods I also believe were saddled with the task to enforce such rules.

If one should check the mighty traffic on the Romance section day in day out you will pity the guys (mods) on duty because you will just realise how onerous their task are to maintain law and order at all times. The mods are soundly outnumbered by romancelanders.

If Seun can add more moderators to the 3 we already have I reckon it will help restore some decorum, clampdown on derailing, put checks on senseless topics, arrest online bullies and tribalists, chase away fake identities etc.

Just to add to the beautiful suggestions I have read.

Cc

Xynerise
Good points.

Not just to appoint more mods but also be strict in moderating in some cases.
I have been banned severely, mostly by anti-spambot, once or twice by Seun and Mynd44, and I didn't fight any mod. If my wrongs are stated out, why would I create a thread or vent my anger in another reasonable thread?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
vjsmiles:
[b] [size=14pt] that moment when everybody wants to act matured because this has been brought up undecided angry

no1: attention seeking! my bruvz above me have said it all concerning this matter
no2:woman wrappering!dire! the rate at which guys dilute this sect... with ^woman wrappering is way above normalcy...guys now use female accts posing as girls,stealing other peoples image and upload here and these pervs flood s/he with countless pm's....i wanna fvvking ask a question concerning sending girls pm's apart from taking your friendship level to the next step...will you ever see her undecided .....
even girls now use another lady's pictures to upload and receive praises undecided the praise aint fvvvkin allocated to you but the original......be yourself and wringle from low self esteem
another issue is ^bias^! you find poopoola being created and within a short time it is being pushed to front page wven though the thread lacks real steel and content.....
i have seen fpage worthy threads being bypassed because of that affiliated word ^bias^....

a thread created no matter how popular the poster us should be given a chance to grace the homepage......

for all i've stepped on their toes, bashed and insulted...i am sorry for any embarrassment and ego crushing i must have inflicted cry
we should work to the progress of this forum and sections and not throwing tantrums at each other....

cheers.... [/size]
[/b]
You remember this

gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

is Sending Unclad Pictures An Expression Of Love? / What Makes A Man Treat A Woman Right? / Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.