Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig (24404 Views)

Man Dumps His Bride On Wedding Day, Plays Video Of Her Cheating On Him (Video) / Man Dumps Girlfriend Who Bleached Her Skin For Him & Gave Him Her School Fees / Lady Breaks Down In Tears In Surulere Over Inability To Find A Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by HisSexcellency(m): 9:02pm On Jan 08
A young Nigerian man narrates the tough decision of calling off his relationship with his fiancee after she made a hurtful statement to him about his inability to buy her a wig.

A social media user identified as I am Ekene took to social media to narrate the tale of his past relationship with an ex-fiancee.
According to the young man, his fiancee had pleaded with him to buy a particular wig for her but due to financial constraints, he couldn’t afford it.

His fiancee, however, made a statement in an attempt to guilt trip him into buying the wig, he immediately severed their relationship.

His post;
A woman I was dating and engaged asked me to purchase a wig for her.
I told her I didn’t have the resources for it at the moment.

She looked me in the eye with bitterness and told me as long as I kept “maltreating” her by denying her wants, God will keep doing same to me.

I stood up from the bed at that moment, had my bath and went to work.

I spent the whole day in introspection.
I projected 10 years into the future and I didn’t see any scenario I was going to have a supportive human as a wife or be really happy if I didn’t constantly renew my subscription with her.

I had to let her go for good. It was an extremely though decision as we had gone really far with preps to spending together for a lifetime but I knew that lifetime will be hell if I eventually sealed it.

2023 taught me a-lot and I will rather stay single or a baby daddy than settle for nonsense.”

Credit: Fendi Ekene

175 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Zonefree(m): 9:03pm On Jan 08
I will rather stay single or a baby daddy than settle for nonsense.”
Words on a marble.

A broke Nigerian girl getting angry at her boyfriend for not providing what she can't provide for herself. embarassed

Humans dating Nigerian girls are the strongest!

338 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by VinnyBaba: 9:30pm On Jan 08
If she nor Suck and She nor Fcvk,

Who go Pay for her Wig and Handbag- Odumodublvck and Shallipopi. embarassed undecided sad

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Jewessgratitud3: 9:38pm On Jan 08
Your decision was too drastic and rash. You should have tried to reason with her on why she made such statement, cut her some slack and see if she would do it again before leaving her. I mean... For someone to make such weighty statement, you must have really pushed her to the wall. Like you rightly said, she said you keep denying her, which means it's not that once you did it.

The girl too should have been more patient as what she requested for is not something that will kill her if she doesn't get it. The Wig can always wait or better still let her go and hustle and buy it herself.

Both of you were wrong .no be every small thing go enter I no do again.

21 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Ballzproblemm: 9:45pm On Jan 08
shaming tactics don't work on me .dear men before you enter relationship don't be afraid what she does for a living and of she's capable of taking care of herself. A must criteria don't date rubbish.

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Sonnobax15(m): 9:54pm On Jan 08
lipsrsealed
She's probably one of those youngies wey never feel the heat of life and what it takes to be an aspiring future victim of meno-stop lipsrsealed

The nigha really did well.....Banny wey get sense no dey hard to know......Just within,at least,2 seconds of interacting with her,you go don suppose know whether na head she carry for her neck or na empty gallon undecided

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Justkatty(f): 9:56pm On Jan 08
Truth be told, both were already tired of the relationship and by that looking for the slightest opportunity to end it smiley .

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Pecoleee345: 10:00pm On Jan 08
Jewessgratitud3:
Your decision was too drastic and rash. You should tried to reason with her on why she made such statement, cut her some slack and see if she would do it again before leaving her. I mean... For someone to make such weighty statement, you must have really pushed her to the wall. Like you rightly said, she said you keep denying her, which means it's not that once you did it.

The girl too should have been more patient as what she requested for is not something that will kill her if she doesn't get it. The Wig can always wait or better still let her go and hustle and buy it herself.

Both of you were wrong .no be every small thing go enter I no do again.

How is the guy wrong??

A lady placing a curse on him cos of wig and he shouldn't walk away??

Sometimes I wonder if this entitlement mentality is actually a society problem or family problem.

Once you aiin't able to give what they want next ting is to emotionally blackmail you.

208 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Sonnobax15(m): 10:01pm On Jan 08
Justkatty:
Truth be told, both were already tired of the relationship and by that looking for the slightest opportunity to end it smiley .
cheesy. No be only tired...In fact,the nigha was actually 'TYRED'. and he had to run for his dear life before she could apply her own wheel (burden) to his tyre grin

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by OKOATA(m): 10:02pm On Jan 08
Because of wig this one dey break up with his woman. In as much as I see some women as materialistic and golddiggers but as a man you should be able to take care of your woman in your own little way. No be everything be break up.

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Justkatty(f): 10:05pm On Jan 08
Sonnobax15:
cheesy. No be only tired...In fact,the nigha was actually 'TYRED'. and he had to run for his dear life before she could apply her own wheel (burden) to his tyre grin
problems plenty pass solutions cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Sonnobax15(m): 10:05pm On Jan 08
OKOATA:
Because of wig this one dey break up with his woman. In as much as I see some women as materialistic and golddiggers but as a man you should be able to take care of your woman at some point.
. grin. The way some of una dey reason sometimes dey make me dey wonder if na pap dey inside una brains or e just empty throway grin

So simply because I'm in a relationship with a woman,she should now see it as a MUST-DO something that I must provide all her needs? undecided. Come on nigha, which particular pap dey inside your brain exactly? Guinea corn,or custard? undecided

158 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Sonnobax15(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08
Justkatty:
problems plenty pass solutions cool
cheesy my sister,I love the way he 'RAN'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Jewessgratitud3: 10:10pm On Jan 08
Pecoleee345:

How is the guy wrong??

A lady placing a curse on him cos of wig and he shouldn't walk away??

Sometimes I wonder if this entitled mentality is actually a society problem or family problem.

Once you aiin't able to give what they want next ting is to emotionally blackmail you.

The words were said out of anger. If you check well, she may not really mean it as a curse. She acted on her feelings at the time. She only needs to be corrected not thrown out like that.

What if she didn't say it out and is cursing him behind his back? That one too dey happen and the man will never know.

Abeg the lady spoke out of pain. The man too stingy

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Pecoleee345: 10:10pm On Jan 08
OKOATA:
Because of wig this one dey break up with his woman. In as much as I see some women as materialistic and golddiggers but as a man you should be able to take care of your woman in your own little way. No be everything be break up.

So once he can't take care of her need at that point next thing Is to curse him??

Like is wig even something that important??

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Pecoleee345: 10:16pm On Jan 08
Jewessgratitud3:

The words were said out of anger. If you check well, she may not really mean it as a curse. She acted on her feelings at the time. She only needs to be corrected not thrown out like that. What if she didn't say it out and is cursing him behind his back? That one dey and the man will never know.

Spoke out of pain cos of wig??

Once again I think the problem is actually family base.

A lady well brought up and not from a hungry home won't behave such a way cos of nonsense wig.

You ain't financially stable as a woman and you disturbing a man to buy you wig isn't that an act of foolishness.

Lastly kindly Google the meaning of An Adult so you can stop calling anyone stingy.

100 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Justkatty(f): 10:17pm On Jan 08
Sonnobax15:
cheesy my sister,I love the way he 'RAN'
A lot dey happen o for this so called relationship grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by OKOATA(m): 10:18pm On Jan 08
Sonnobax15:
. grin. The way some of una dey reason sometimes dey make me dey wonder if na pap dey inside una brains or e just empty throway grin

So simply because I'm in a relationship with a woman,she should now see it as a MUST-DO something that I must provide all her needs? undecided. Come on nigha, which particular pap dey inside your brain exactly? Guinea corn,or custard? undecided
Oga I can bet it with you that you are a broke ass nigga, so you like to be in a relationship with a Naija girl and you expect not to atleast spend? I'm not saying he should buy the wig but give her what you can afford. So if you were rich and your lady tells you to buy her something you won't because you are forming Mr red pill or what? No be everything you go dey form hard guy for woman Mr dadandidin.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by OKOATA(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08
Pecoleee345:

So once he can take care of her need at that point next thing Is to curse him??

Like is wig even something that important??
I can't afford the wig or give her atleast part of it not showing his broke ass self by breaking up that's my point. I care less whether he buys it or not. No be everything person go dey show him brokeness ontop. Na only broke guys dey too worry ontop all these kain issues.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Sonnobax15(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08
OKOATA:
Oga I can bet it with you that you are a broke ass nigga, so you like to be in a relationship with a Naija girl and you expect not to atleast spend? I'm not saying he should buy the wig but give her what you can afford. So if you were rich and your lady tells you to buy her something you won't because you are forming Mr red pill or what? No be everything you go dey form hard guy for woman Mr dadandidin.
grin ok oh mr. Rich nigha grin.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Sonnobax15(m): 10:22pm On Jan 08
Justkatty:
A lot dey happen o for this so called relationship grin
. cheesy. Las las relationship isn't for the faint hearted ones at all..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Pecoleee345: 10:23pm On Jan 08
OKOATA:
I can't afford the wig or give her atleast part of it not showing his broke ass self by breaking up that's my point. I care less whether he buys it or not. No be everything person go dey show him brokeness ontop. Na only broke guys dey too worry ontop all these kain issues.

Brokenness??

Anyway have gone through your profile and I understand.

21 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Justkatty(f): 10:24pm On Jan 08
Sonnobax15:
. cheesy. Las las relationship isn't for the faint hearted ones at all..
Abi na
Make person just focus on getting the 💰 then, other things can follow.
Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Pecoleee345: 10:24pm On Jan 08
Sonnobax15:
grin ok oh mr. Rich nigha grin.

Nah working boy.........his profile say it all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Sonnobax15(m): 10:37pm On Jan 08
Justkatty:
Abi na
Make person just focus on getting the 💰 then, other things can follow.
. Swears😊
Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Sonnobax15(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08
Pecoleee345:

Nah working boy.........his profile say it all.
. Even tho self cheesy. I get working guys wey sabi use their heads when it comes to banny matter.........No be everything wey banny order guyman dey deliver even if he get the money excess..........A man must learn how to say NO sometimes...No be stinginess or wickedness......

I only pity that guy..I pray make he no shift that him kind of mentality down to him younger ones and offsprings cha..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by placeofallure(f): 11:00pm On Jan 08
HisSexcellency:
A young Nigerian man narrates the tough decision of calling off his relationship with his fiancee after she made a hurtful statement to him about his inability to buy her a wig.

A social media user identified as IamEkene_ took to the microblogging platform, X to narrate the tale of his past relationship with an ex-fiancee.
According to the young man, his fiancee had pleaded with him to buy a particular wig for her but due to financial constraints, he couldn’t afford it.

His fiancee, however, made a statement in an attempt to guilt trip him into buying the wig, he immediately severed their realtionship.

His post;
“A woman I was dating and engaged asked me to purchase a wig for her.
I told her I didn’t have the resources for it at the moment.

She looked me in the eye with bitterness and told me as long as I kept “maltreating” her by denying her wants, God will keep doing same to me.
I stood up from the bed at that moment, had my bath and went to work.

I spent the whole day in introspection.
I projected 10 years into the future and I didn’t see any scenario I was going to have a supportive human as a wife or be really happy if I didn’t constantly renew my subscription with her.

I had to let her go for good. It was an extremely though decision as we had gone really far with preps to spending together for a lifetime but I knew that lifetime will be hell if I eventually sealed it.

2023 taught me a-lot and I will rather stay single or a baby daddy than settle for nonsense.”

https://nigerianstreet.com/2024/01/08/man-dumps-fiancee-over-inability-to-afford-wig/

Man, you did the right thing. What kind of entitlement mentality is that? She was so desperate she placed a curse on the man, no nah!

It feels good to collect money from your man, every woman loves that sense of financial security, but you won't have him break the bank for you. Especially when he doesn't have and it's not a life threatening situation. All through the yuletide season, I no make any hair o, I just comb my hair in a bun and I'm ready to go, it was my best Christmas ever cause I didn't lack anything. I just made the hair this Saturday in readiness for work this week. This is a big, huge, humongous red flag. Thank goodness he had the sense to leave.

Moreso, she should be able to buy the wig herself, that's what real slay queens do.

Women should be up and doing on their own. What if something happens to the man - sickness or death - will you go a begging for the rest of your life?

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by advanceDNA: 11:05pm On Jan 08
Jewessgratitud3:

The words were said out of anger. If you check well, she may not really mean it as a curse. She acted on her feelings at the time. She only needs to be corrected not thrown out like that.

What if she didn't say it out and is cursing him behind his back? That one too dey happen and the man will never know.

The problem is that most of u women like getting away with every wrong u do..
...u never admit u are wrong...
...u justify all ur wrong doing with "he made me do it or im just retaliating"... What kinda a retaliation is cursing ur man because of wig...

I know say if na ur son person curse because of wig ..na u go personally go throw that yeye girlfriend out .... cool

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Nicepoker(m): 11:33pm On Jan 08
They are only good as daily subscription.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Nicepoker(m): 11:37pm On Jan 08
Jewessgratitud3:

No wonder the most longest of all your numerous relationships lasted for just 5hrs 13mins and 22 seconds. grin

29 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Zonefree(m): 11:42pm On Jan 08
Nicepoker:
No wonder the most longest of all your numerous relationships lasted for just 5hrs 13mins and 22 seconds. grin
You sabi keep records, bro grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Fiancee Over Inability To Afford Wig by Zonefree(m): 11:49pm On Jan 08
Justkatty:

You're wrong, as always.

Read here;
we had gone really far with preps to spending together for a lifetime

The guy envisioned 'together-forever' with the girl, not knowing she's a flat liability.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fraud Boy Recruits Girlfriend To Scam ‘Client’ With Fake Accent / 5 Deadly Terms Used By Woman / Can You Do Without Sex On Valentine's Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.